Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

+29
Icy Shake
The Grim Thinker
iLateralGX
MrMagma
Game Master
Ametros
OneMoreDaySK
Meleagridis
XT Vengeance
Karasu
Caoimhe
Quotidian
O. Hinds
CamoBadger
tylertoon2
CannonFodder
Ketchup
Kattlarv
Admiral Stoic Rum
Cptadder
IncoherentOrange
Valikdu
Kippershy
RoboRed
Ironmonger
Harmony Ltd.
Frost
Stringtheory
33 posters

Page 3 of 31 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 17 ... 31  Next

Go down

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 3 Empty Re: [Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

Post by CamoBadger Sun Dec 30, 2012 8:59 pm

yes I am
CamoBadger
CamoBadger
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 588

Back to top Go down

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 3 Empty Re: [Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

Post by Harmony Ltd. Sun Dec 30, 2012 9:29 pm

As I sent that message, the power went out.

Leaving me alone in the dark.

At two in the morning.

Let's just say my call for help was heard.

Power went back less than two minutes later. Still, that was terrifying. In a split-second and without any prior indication, everything died and went silent, leaving me alone in the very literal darkness, disoriented.

It was probably just a problem at the nearby transformer station. Probably impacted a good chunk of the city...
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 543

Back to top Go down

Post by Kattlarv Sun Dec 30, 2012 9:37 pm

@EP: (Changelings) Oh, pish posh xD Females gets abused much worse with cervical penetration and what have you on a regular basis xP

(Swicked) If I recall right, all changelings but the queen are more or less genderless drones. And they had some sort of "lizard" thing that the queen could lay eggs and clone themselves, but then it just became "replicas" (aka: normal changelings) but with genetic material, a more improved version with mixed dna and increased resistances could be made. Like that lizard that can do it does.
But to what I know it was just her, and her eggs being like D&D dragons, dopplegangers and faeries: Omnipotent.

And again, to what I know, her eggs were like... what's those things called... the ones that "assimilates" with whatever? ... yeah, basically those. Taking any dna and making it their own.
And not to pull out the sunglasses here, but: in this case it wasn't the changelings getting the screwing xD

(Side note) Not sure what fic, but one I read ages back made quite good fun on the whole "culture" of things in fic kidnapping women and using them for impregnation, by having the protagonist... forgot how they got there, but they were in a drow/drider-esque culture, with a pinch of amazon I'd guess. Basically, they were like vampire asari or something. All female race that bred with other races with overly dominant genes that only produced their offspring. (on a side note, I personally find these to be quite stupid from a evolutionary standpoint. In many cases. Like, it's a race of solely male or female things, that use others to breed, often with violence or alluring. Yes, it could technically work I guess, but it's very peculiar from a design perspective. Especially the violent ones. Since they'd have a rather high toll of killing whatever they breed with.) And said protagonist asked first (before being told they were like asari) if they were like certain orcs or what have you, to which they quite severely scoffed at the mere idea due to how insufficient it would be. Not only would they be forced to feed more mouths, would need to keep them in good enough health to not miscarry all the time but also (and then they said some moderately long list of why it would be a stupid idea to be doing the counterpart in their eyes). Every x year once in "equivalence of heat", they basically just narrowed in one some "low lives" or whatever that none would give a fuck about disappearing, then more or less raped them to death. Ending up with a new generation, and no witnesses of the event, thus managing to stay as a "unknown" race... sorta temped to read that story again tbh. Was years ago, and I barely recall shit from it bar from that ^=^'

(Camo) Have to say that fic sounds like one of the overly generic and bland herm stories/pictures I just really dislike. But can't be too quick to judge, even if it sounds a lot like it.
I can be sorta chill with it taking the opposite route of all natural anatomy and evolution, since hey: magic.
... though, after even the title, I have to say it currently have a quite high stack of stuff going against it not being "one of those"...
And dangit, now I randomly thought of that bad futa-chrys blog xD

(O.Hinds) Have to say it seems rather good/legit. I personally imagined them a bit like dopplegangers in D&D, but more hive like or... I dunno, it's late xD

(Harmony) Remember what I said about "cunt-fu" in regards to "facehuggers" xD

(Another side note: Speaking of which: Good news everyone! I've finished my futashy flash xP
Spoiler:

@Harmony: That doesn't sound very nice at all... partially why I use a laptop and always got the battery in. Just so that won't happen.
Kattlarv
Kattlarv
Hydra

Brohoof! : 27

Character List:
Name: Dewflower
Sex: Female-ish
Species: Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Sun Dec 30, 2012 9:53 pm

Kattlarv wrote:(O.Hinds) Have to say it seems rather good/legit. I personally imagined them a bit like dopplegangers in D&D, but more hive like or... I dunno, it's late xD
Oh, thanks.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Brohoof! : 383

Character List:
Name: Ris Haends Aeronauticus
Sex: Male
Species: Zebra

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Sun Dec 30, 2012 9:57 pm

If only it had been just the PC. The problem was EVERYTHING going black, at the same time, in the blink of an eye.

Try to visualize that happening when you don't expect it. Leaving you in the pitch blackness of the night's darkest hours.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Sun Dec 30, 2012 9:59 pm

Harmony Ltd. wrote:If only it had been just the PC. The problem was EVERYTHING going black, at the same time, in the blink of an eye.

Try to visualize that happening when you don't expect it. Leaving you in the pitch blackness of the night's darkest hours.
Immediately after posting "You are now imagining Chrysalis tenderly hugging a facehugger".
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Brohoof! : 383

Character List:
Name: Ris Haends Aeronauticus
Species: Zebra

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Sun Dec 30, 2012 10:00 pm

Exactly.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Sun Dec 30, 2012 10:12 pm

And the power went off again, for less than a minute this time.

Currently deep in my bed, on my phone.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Sun Dec 30, 2012 10:26 pm

Let's take bets for one more.

If when I wake up the clock is blinking and the time's borked, would mean there's been at least one more.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Sun Dec 30, 2012 10:52 pm

And here's number three ! Around 30 seconds, this time.

I'm getting tired of re-setting my alarm-clock...
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Cptadder Sun Dec 30, 2012 11:26 pm

Harmony Ltd. wrote:And here's number three ! Around 30 seconds, this time.

Which is why you should throw away your PoS alarm clock and buy one made in the last decade which offers battery backup and automatic time setting feature (And timezone detection) on the 9.99$ model, or as your in the land of grandfathers (IE Europe) that's 7 euros and 55 euro cents. Here's a super fancy one for 18...pounds here which sets itself via radio has battery backup and makes waffles (Note it does not make waffles)

Considering how important waking up on time is, it was habit back in the military that the Chiefs would inspect our alarm clock choices then berate us when we admitted we did not have a second oh shit alarm clock (Traditional a travel alarm clock on 24/7 batteries) designed in case our first alarm clock and it's two alarms failed because of lightning or EMP attack.
Cptadder
Cptadder
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 118

Back to top Go down

Post by Admiral Stoic Rum Sun Dec 30, 2012 11:26 pm

swicked wrote:Anyone seen the musical Cats?
I get that it's supposed to be good. My spouse says it's good.
I watched it in an outdoor theater up until the macavity song (and hadn't really been caring for it), at which point it started raining heavily with lots of lightning.

Which was the most fun I had that day, as the rain wasn't all that cold to walk around in and it was hilarious watching people scramble and jump as the thunderstorm started to really pick up.

I guess my question is, if I didn't like it by then, would I like the rest of it?

Cats was horrible. The reason it was ever a big deal was because the owners of the show would buy out the theatre and all that. Kept it going for a long long time.
Admiral Stoic Rum
Admiral Stoic Rum
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 83

Character List:
Name: Dr. Painkiller
Species: Pony

Back to top Go down

Post by Admiral Stoic Rum Sun Dec 30, 2012 11:31 pm

Harmony Ltd. wrote:And here's number three ! Around 30 seconds, this time.

Wind up clocks are great because for this since they use a spring I dunno what emp will do to it but blackouts will have no effect. Also I usually wake up about 10 to 20 minutes before my alarm.

On a side note. I hate packing for a move
Admiral Stoic Rum
Admiral Stoic Rum
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Cptadder Sun Dec 30, 2012 11:34 pm

Admiral Stoic Rum wrote:

Do it 14 times and it becomes second nature.
Cptadder
Cptadder
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Admiral Stoic Rum Sun Dec 30, 2012 11:35 pm

Cptadder wrote:
Admiral Stoic Rum wrote:

Do it 14 times and it becomes second nature.

Yes yes by then tho most of your crap stays in boxes...
Admiral Stoic Rum
Admiral Stoic Rum
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Cptadder Sun Dec 30, 2012 11:49 pm

Admiral Stoic Rum wrote:

Nope you just keep the boxes and you get good and putting bookcases together. I know exactly what goes wear. When I move it's book back in the three book boxes, clothes in the car, computer in the trunk and monitors on a seperate special trip. Cords and dvd binders in the truck with the computer and I've moved 40% of my stuff. Back for the five "misc" boxes and the last book box and now we have nothing to move but lamps and furniture. Boxes for things like kitchwares are set per drawer and kept near the hot water heater for extra efficency. When it comes down to it unless you collect useless crystal figuries a house is mostly furniture, art and posters and lots of knickknacks. Have a book case? Put a shelf per bookcase in a resusable plastic box, at the end the boxes to move two entire rooms stack nicely four feet high and can be shoved into a closet.
Cptadder
Cptadder
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Admiral Stoic Rum Mon Dec 31, 2012 2:09 am

Cptadder wrote:
Admiral Stoic Rum wrote:

Nope you just keep the boxes and you get good and putting bookcases together. I know exactly what goes wear. When I move it's book back in the three book boxes, clothes in the car, computer in the trunk and monitors on a seperate special trip. Cords and dvd binders in the truck with the computer and I've moved 40% of my stuff. Back for the five "misc" boxes and the last book box and now we have nothing to move but lamps and furniture. Boxes for things like kitchwares are set per drawer and kept near the hot water heater for extra efficency. When it comes down to it unless you collect useless crystal figuries a house is mostly furniture, art and posters and lots of knickknacks. Have a book case? Put a shelf per bookcase in a resusable plastic box, at the end the boxes to move two entire rooms stack nicely four feet high and can be shoved into a closet.

sigh, I still hate packing no matter how efficient one can get at it
Admiral Stoic Rum
Admiral Stoic Rum
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Valikdu Mon Dec 31, 2012 7:20 am

Hey, don't get sidetracked there.
I wanna know what you think about changeling oviposition into ponies.
Tell me all about it.
Valikdu
Valikdu
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 192

Character List:
Name: Ion Storm
Sex: Female
Species: First One

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Mon Dec 31, 2012 10:23 am

Final score is between 5 and 6 power cuts, or maybe more. That shit fucked-up our garage door.

Adder, the funny thing is that my alarm clock is almost as old as I am, and has space for batteries in it. I just never put any in, because we almost never have power cuts (it's really exceptionnal), and they most likely will be depleted by the time I need them.

So apart if they now make alarm clocks with self-charging batteries, that's probably not going to happen.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Cptadder Mon Dec 31, 2012 12:10 pm

Harmony Ltd. wrote:
So apart if they now make alarm clocks with self-charging batteries, that's probably not going to happen.
Yes they make alarm clocks with self charging batteries that last a decade, they have no for over twenty years. They used to cost 200$ they now cost 20$
Cptadder
Cptadder
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Mon Dec 31, 2012 12:10 pm

[quote="Kattlarv"](Another side note: Speaking of which: Good news everyone! I've finished my futashy flash xP
Spoiler:
/quote]
That was particularly nasty.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Quotidian Mon Dec 31, 2012 12:12 pm

Valikdu wrote:Hey, don't get sidetracked there.
I wanna know what you think about changeling oviposition into ponies.
Tell me all about it.

/Backs slowly out of thread.
Quotidian
Quotidian
Earth Pony

Brohoof! : 49

Character List:
Name: Drifter
Species: Pegasus

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Mon Dec 31, 2012 12:13 pm

What a fitting avatar in such circumstances. Luna
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Mon Dec 31, 2012 12:16 pm

Anyway, peeps, I was thinking about doing some quick & dirty 3D work, and I know some people here like Hinds have some familiarity with 3D-modeling.

I'm not going to go into much depth, I just want to do the 3D-equivalent of a rough sketch.

Is Sketch-Up okay, or should I look for something else ?
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Quotidian Mon Dec 31, 2012 12:22 pm

It depends on what you're using it for. Buildings or things with lots of right angles and basic shapes? Sketchup Is fine for that. More complicated or organic stuff? You might want to try Blender.
Quotidian
Quotidian
Earth Pony

Brohoof! : 49

Character List:
Name: Drifter
Species: Pegasus

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Mon Dec 31, 2012 12:26 pm

Inorganic things like guns and such.

Okay, I'll try sketchup, then.

last time I gave a look at Blender, I was a bit discouraged by the relative unintuitiveness for complete beginners. I'd have to follow tutorials.

Sounds like work Spike
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Caoimhe Mon Dec 31, 2012 12:29 pm

I did a research project back in college about the furry fandom for a human sexuality in art course (it was very boring) off the whim suggestion of someone again and having no previous knowledge or experience with the fandom. I was surprised at the amount of weird fetishes that exist there, including the egg laying thing so I'm gonna say the author of that fic probably comes from that sort of background.

Very, very unusual. I don't get it.
Caoimhe
Caoimhe
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 264

Character List:
Name: Comma, Splice
Species: Sentence fragment

Back to top Go down

Post by Valikdu Mon Dec 31, 2012 12:34 pm

Hey, new page!
Mass Effect 3 GP#5 with ponies!:

Last edited by Valikdu on Mon Dec 31, 2012 12:38 pm; edited 4 times in total
Valikdu
Valikdu
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 192

Character List:
Name: Ion Storm
Species: First One

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Mon Dec 31, 2012 12:35 pm

@ Caoimhe : I'm not a neuropsychologist, but at a guess I'd say there's weird shit going on in the parts of the brain linked to sexuality. I mean, throughout history, all the weird tales relating to sexuality, everything points to humans being kinda fucked-up when it comes to sex.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Mon Dec 31, 2012 12:37 pm

Caoimhe wrote:I did a research project back in college about the furry fandom for a human sexuality in art course (it was very boring) off the whim suggestion of someone again and having no previous knowledge or experience with the fandom. I was surprised at the amount of weird fetishes that exist there, including the egg laying thing so I'm gonna say the author of that fic probably comes from that sort of background.

Very, very unusual. I don't get it.

The truth is you're just infiltrating us and bashing us behind our backs.
ISN'T IT?!?!?!?
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Brohoof! : 121

Character List:
Name: Crimson Wings / Cherry Sundae
Sex: Male / Female
Species: Pegasus / Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 31 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 17 ... 31  Next