Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

+29
Icy Shake
The Grim Thinker
iLateralGX
MrMagma
Game Master
Ametros
OneMoreDaySK
Meleagridis
XT Vengeance
Karasu
Caoimhe
Quotidian
O. Hinds
CamoBadger
tylertoon2
CannonFodder
Ketchup
Kattlarv
Admiral Stoic Rum
Cptadder
IncoherentOrange
Valikdu
Kippershy
RoboRed
Ironmonger
Harmony Ltd.
Frost
Stringtheory
33 posters

Page 2 of 31 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16 ... 31  Next

Go down

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 2 Empty Re: [Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

Post by Guest Sun Dec 30, 2012 12:58 am

Mister Frost wrote:So, suddenly cybernetics is about some sort of new-age left-wing revolution against "The Man"

I just thought it would end up with me being able to shoot plasma bolts out of my ass, but you guys have managed to ruin that for me, so thanks.
My inner anarchist says:

"You don't get to shit out plasma; only your masters and their dogs will have that power. You will get to have a nanomachine control mesh implanted throughout your brain at birth to ensure you don't have anti-social thoughts and don't feel hunger, love, pain, rage, or passion of any kind, except as deemed necessary."

My inner anarchist is kind of a butt. I don't think he likes the nanomachine control mesh, which is sad because I think it's friggin' cool, as long as only I get to control it. Let's talk to my inner physicist:

"If you are shitting out plasma you should see a doctor immediately."

Huh. Well, there IS that.

Back to top Go down

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 2 Empty Re: [Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

Post by Ironmonger Sun Dec 30, 2012 1:34 am

I have a question related to some stuff running around in my mind. First, does anyone have some sort of headcanon on what type of armor is used in wartime tanks in FoE? Second, could starmetal wing-blades cut through vehicle armor on a fly-by? I know Blackjack carved up Deus but I get the feeling that would've taken a lot of force, which a fly-by would severely lack.

Ironmonger
Daemon Prince of Bad Puns

Brohoof! : 290

Character List:
Name: Cast Iron
Sex: Male
Species: Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by CannonFodder Sun Dec 30, 2012 2:21 am

Mister Frost wrote:So, suddenly cybernetics is about some sort of new-age left-wing revolution against "The Man"
My point is think of cybernetics as a snake. The people that are wanting to be immortal and maintain their political or monetary power forever and ever are desperately chasing after it's tail going "gimme gimme gimme" when they don't realize if we/when we do attain it will probably forever screw them over.

They can already not stop society from illegally copying movies and the such. What do you think is going to happen when we have cybernetics and virtual reality?
Why buy anything that isn't a bare necessity in real life when you can download a virtual copy in virtual reality? Why buy good tasting expensive food when you can basic nutrition and eat virtual food that always tastes and looks like something out of 5 star restaurant.

What I think is going to happen is that at first the majority of people will reject it. However the people that embrace it to the extremes will have extremely small costs of living other than maintenance and upgrading. They'll just keep on raking in more and more money and barely need to spend any of it.

What I think the sort of world we're going to eventually have is a growing fraction of the populace that embrace the technology to the extremes. They'll live the majority of their lives online and become more and more machine. They'll go to school online, meet their loves online, get married online, have fun online, watch and play online, have amazing fancy houses, have amazing fancy cars, except it will be virtual. Their real world homes will probably consist of a small bathroom, small kitchen and interfaces to the net all in a extremely small room. Why buy $100,000 house when you buy a one room apartment that you only use to go use to eat or use the toilet?

The reason why it's bad for big business is that our economy relies on people always wanting new better things. If even a tenth of the populace becomes no longer interested in materialism cause why buy anything in the real world then that is going to ruin their wallets.

Even for something as mundane as movies and video games, we are already reaching the point where special effects and video game borderline realism. Eventually we are going to really soon hit the point where you can not make a movie or video game look more realistic. With the advancement of technology the cost of making super realistic effects or video games is going to just get cheaper and cheaper to produce. Twenty years down the line having completely realistic movies and games any company with a budget could do. Oh they're going to try and make video games "beyond realistic", but like they've been trying to make tv's with more colours than your eye can see you will not be able to process it.
CannonFodder
CannonFodder
Unicorn

Brohoof! : 5

http://cf6.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by tylertoon2 Sun Dec 30, 2012 2:32 am

CannonFodder wrote:
My point is think of cybernetics as a snake. The people that are wanting to be immortal and maintain their political or monetary power forever and ever are desperately chasing after it's tail going "gimme gimme gimme" when they don't realize if we/when we do attain it will probably forever screw them over.

They can already not stop society from illegally copying movies and the such. What do you think is going to happen when we have cybernetics and virtual reality?
Why buy anything that isn't a bare necessity in real life when you can download a virtual copy in virtual reality? Why buy good tasting expensive food when you can basic nutrition and eat virtual food that always tastes and looks like something out of 5 star restaurant.

What I think is going to happen is that at first the majority of people will reject it. However the people that embrace it to the extremes will have extremely small costs of living other than maintenance and upgrading. They'll just keep on raking in more and more money and barely need to spend any of it.

What I think the sort of world we're going to eventually have is a growing fraction of the populace that embrace the technology to the extremes. They'll live the majority of their lives online and become more and more machine. They'll go to school online, meet their loves online, get married online, have fun online, watch and play online, have amazing fancy houses, have amazing fancy cars, except it will be virtual. Their real world homes will probably consist of a small bathroom, small kitchen and interfaces to the net all in a extremely small room. Why buy $100,000 house when you buy a one room apartment that you only use to go use to eat or use the toilet?

The reason why it's bad for big business is that our economy relies on people always wanting new better things. If even a tenth of the populace becomes no longer interested in materialism cause why buy anything in the real world then that is going to ruin their wallets.

Even for something as mundane as movies and video games, we are already reaching the point where special effects and video game borderline realism. Eventually we are going to really soon hit the point where you can not make a movie or video game look more realistic. With the advancement of technology the cost of making super realistic effects or video games is going to just get cheaper and cheaper to produce. Twenty years down the line having completely realistic movies and games any company with a budget could do. Oh they're going to try and make video games "beyond realistic", but like they've been trying to make tv's with more colours than your eye can see you will not be able to process it.

Then it's all down to personal opinion to decide whether or not said reality is a utopia or dystopia.
tylertoon2
tylertoon2
Hydra

Brohoof! : 51

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

https://www.youtube.com/user/tylertoon2

Back to top Go down

Post by CannonFodder Sun Dec 30, 2012 2:42 am

tylertoon2 wrote:Then it's all down to personal opinion to decide whether or not said reality is a utopia or dystopia.
Personally I think for the people who choose to go cyborg it's going to be a utopia for them. For the people who want to remain 100% human it's going to be a living hell trying to compete.

If my future boss pokes me to go cyborg I'll just tell him, "I'm saving up for a higher grade model. I don't want to buy a pinto". Which will be true, cause I'm going to wait a few years until the technology comes to fruition.
CannonFodder
CannonFodder
Unicorn

Brohoof! : 5

http://cf6.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Valikdu Sun Dec 30, 2012 5:46 am

The Great and Powerful Trixie did ask for this.

Spoiler:
Valikdu
Valikdu
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 192

Character List:
Name: Ion Storm
Sex: Female
Species: First One

Back to top Go down

Post by IncoherentOrange Sun Dec 30, 2012 7:50 am

She totally would, too.

In other news, I found a laptop I'm going to buy.
Linky.

Dedicated graphics capable of doing not nothing? Mobile Core i5 with decent clock speed and Turbo Boost? 1600Mhz RAM in generous amounts? Spacious HDD? Six hundred dollars? Looks pretty good to me.

...Damn Windows 8. Might buy a copy of Windows 7 to fix that problem, or tweak it so it looks like Win7.
IncoherentOrange
IncoherentOrange
Ursa Major

Brohoof! : 22

Back to top Go down

Post by Valikdu Sun Dec 30, 2012 11:07 am

Mister Frost wrote:I wonder if it's possible to hate a changeling to death

Actually, I read one fanfic where this was the case. After the S2 finale, only Chrysalis survived.

...and then she came to Ponyville, tied Twilight up in the library's basement and laid eggs into her.

Tagline: In the basement, no one can hear you scream.

[no, I'm just kidding, the process is non-lethal. But Twilight is still turned into a sex/breeding slave.]

Last edited by Valikdu on Sun Dec 30, 2012 2:34 pm; edited 2 times in total
Valikdu
Valikdu
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kattlarv Sun Dec 30, 2012 11:43 am

@Valik: I actually not too long ago saw a similar fic, never read it, but the premise was that she laid eggs inside a male, through the urethra, so they got fertilized down in the testicles. And then weird stuff ensued xP
Kattlarv
Kattlarv
Hydra

Brohoof! : 27

Character List:
Name: Dewflower
Sex: Female-ish
Species: Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Sun Dec 30, 2012 11:47 am

I have no words...

Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Brohoof! : 121

Character List:
Name: Crimson Wings / Cherry Sundae
Sex: Male / Female
Species: Pegasus / Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Valikdu Sun Dec 30, 2012 11:52 am

@Kat

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 2 Twilight_is_confused_by_nyax-d4hyusx
Valikdu
Valikdu
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by tylertoon2 Sun Dec 30, 2012 1:25 pm

Kattlarv wrote:@Valik: I actually not too long ago saw a similar fic, never read it, but the premise was that she laid eggs inside a male, through the urethra, so they got fertilized down in the testicles. And then weird stuff ensued xP
*Crosses Legs*
Spoiler:
tylertoon2
tylertoon2
Hydra

Brohoof! : 51

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

https://www.youtube.com/user/tylertoon2

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Sun Dec 30, 2012 1:34 pm

open open open open

I think you're sending the wrong message, Tyler. Trollestia
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 543

Back to top Go down

Post by CamoBadger Sun Dec 30, 2012 1:44 pm

Kattlarv wrote:@Valik: I actually not too long ago saw a similar fic, never read it, but the premise was that she laid eggs inside a male, through the urethra, so they got fertilized down in the testicles. And then weird stuff ensued xP
ooooooookaaaaaaaaaaaay
CamoBadger
CamoBadger
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 588

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Sun Dec 30, 2012 2:16 pm

Valikdu wrote:Actually, I read one fanfic where this was the case. After the S2 finale, only Chrysalis survived.

...and then she came to Ponyville, tied Twilight up in the library's basement and laid eggs into her.
[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 2 Mon4p
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Sun Dec 30, 2012 3:31 pm

Valikdu wrote:

Actually, I read one fanfic where this was the case. After the S2 finale, only Chrysalis survived.

[no, I'm just kidding, the process is non-lethal. But Twilight is still turned into a sex/breeding slave.]

Yeah..... I'm not seeing how that's related at all.

Y'see, if you are in an area where you're at risk from Lords of Change, Night Lord Princesses and femdom Swarmlords er'ry day, y'might wanna set aside a few hundred bits and buy yourself a Mossberg.
Frost
Frost
Crazed Gun-Toting 'Murican

Brohoof! : 503

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Valikdu Sun Dec 30, 2012 3:37 pm

Mister Frost wrote:Yeah..... I'm not seeing how that's related at all.

It's a fanfic where Chrysalis has sex with Twilight.

A well-written one.

It's relevant.
Valikdu
Valikdu
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by CamoBadger Sun Dec 30, 2012 4:38 pm

Valikdu wrote:

I've read another similar one. Except Celestia imprisoned Chrysalis and made Twilight do a anatomical study to better understand Changelings, since apparently nobody knows much about them. Turns out changelings all start as males, and when Chrysalis became 'queen' she metamorphosed mostly into a female. She still kept the baggage. And one thing leads to another, Twi lets Chrys nail her, and she learns some things...
CamoBadger
CamoBadger
Royal Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Sun Dec 30, 2012 4:46 pm

CamoBadger wrote:I've read another similar one. Except Celestia imprisoned Chrysalis and made Twilight do a anatomical study to better understand Changelings, since apparently nobody knows much about them. Turns out changelings all start as males, and when Chrysalis became 'queen' she metamorphosed mostly into a female. She still kept the baggage. And one thing leads to another, Twi lets Chrys nail her, and she learns some things...

clopfic.txt
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by CamoBadger Sun Dec 30, 2012 4:50 pm

Yes, but it was surprisingly well written. Very entertaining story.
CamoBadger
CamoBadger
Royal Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Valikdu Sun Dec 30, 2012 5:16 pm

CamoBadger wrote:Yes, but it was surprisingly well written. Very entertaining story.
I'm guessing it's that fic with the extremely literal title.

Yeah, it's a good one.
Valikdu
Valikdu
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Cptadder Sun Dec 30, 2012 5:19 pm

Okay I've been ignoring the PH thread for awhile let me just wander back in and....

CamoBadger wrote:Yes, but it was surprisingly well written. Very entertaining story.

...... Derpy Hooves
Okay seriously now, do I have to play thread CSI to determine why Kattlarv brought this up? Except I don't have to because Valikdu brought it up over a legitimate question of "can you hate something to death" to which Valikdu responded, "Well there was once this fanfic where".... full stop we are already over the reservation at this point and then...."Chrysalis went to ponyvillie and laid eggs in Twilight" and again I have to stop because a part of me wonders how that's relevant to the question, but then I grasped that it wasn't and I could only surmise that Valkidu has been waiting... for who knows how long to find any minor question related to Changlings just so that topic could be brought up.

And better still rather than simply squicking and moving on it created an page of discussion.
So hats off to Valikdu you horrible person.
Cptadder
Cptadder
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 118

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Sun Dec 30, 2012 5:51 pm

Only now at the end do you understand.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by CamoBadger Sun Dec 30, 2012 6:03 pm

Valikdu wrote:
I'm guessing it's that fic with the extremely literal title.

Yeah, it's a good one.
Yup, that's the one.
CamoBadger
CamoBadger
Royal Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Sun Dec 30, 2012 6:29 pm

Drop that title, would you kindly ?
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by CamoBadger Sun Dec 30, 2012 6:30 pm

Harmony Ltd. wrote:Drop that title, would you kindly ?
Spoiler:
CamoBadger
CamoBadger
Royal Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Sun Dec 30, 2012 6:38 pm

...My gentlemen scream in fear...
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 717

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Sun Dec 30, 2012 7:24 pm

I wasn't thinking of mentioning this here, but since the subject's come up... I recently developed my own hypothesis on changeling reproduction for an RPG I'm running; it probably won't come up, but it occurred to me that the PCs might, if they actually uncover a changeling, might ask if she or he is actually female or male. I eventually decided on the following system; the explanation isn't very detailed, but I'll spoiler it anyway.
Spoiler:
I'm also having the changelings in this particularly universe use a telepathic network amongst themselves as their primary form of communication, with communication in ways that ponies can actually hear requiring slightly different biology (which changelings can produce on demand, of course). I'm also not having the Royal Wedding happen; instead, changelings are taking over Equestria via slow but thorough infiltration of the civil service and government bureaucracy (because, really, they aren't called direct-frontal-assaultlings, are they?) and mostly using cloaked workers siphoning from the side to gather love rather than disguised workers acquiring it directly (the latter is much more efficient but much more risky). They consider themselves pastoralists; ponies are thought of as an inferior species, but they ought to still be treated well and cared for partly because they're such a good food source and partly because they can still be dangerous if angered.

I think that they're developing in a pretty interesting direction so far. Of course, I rather suspect that the players won't find any of this out, but... eh, it's been fun thinking it up. :)
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Brohoof! : 383

Character List:
Name: Ris Haends Aeronauticus
Sex: Male
Species: Zebra

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Sun Dec 30, 2012 7:49 pm

...Better than parasitic testicular invasion...
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 717

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Sun Dec 30, 2012 8:59 pm

You are now imagining Chrysalis tenderly hugging a facehugger.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 31 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16 ... 31  Next