Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

+23
WovenTales
OneMoreDaySK
tylertoon2
Caoimhe
RoboRed
CannonFodder
iLateralGX
Cptadder
O. Hinds
Plasticube
Kippershy
Quotidian
Valikdu
Admiral Stoic Rum
Stringtheory
Kattlarv
Frost
IncoherentOrange
Ketchup
CamoBadger
Ironmonger
Harmony Ltd.
27 posters

Page 3 of 32 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 17 ... 32  Next

Go down

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 3 Empty Re: [Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

Post by Frost Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:46 pm

I haz one. It's quite good, though perhaps a bit clunky to carry around.

Be ye forewarned that it doesn't play nice with Google Docs.
Frost
Frost
Crazed Gun-Toting 'Murican

Brohoof! : 503

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 3 Empty Re: [Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

Post by Ironmonger Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:04 am

"You can get a good look at a T-bone steak by sticking your head up a bull's ass, but wouldn't you rather take the butcher's word for it?"

Ironmonger
Daemon Prince of Bad Puns

Brohoof! : 290

Character List:
Name: Cast Iron
Sex: Male
Species: Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Ketchup Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:08 am

Ironmonger wrote:"You can get a good look at a T-bone steak by sticking your head up a bull's ass, but wouldn't you rather take the butcher's word for it?"
[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 3 Tumblr_mbsd9gFoQO1r5mg1jo11_r1_400
Ketchup
Ketchup
The Condiment

Brohoof! : 114

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by CamoBadger Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:16 am

Ironmonger wrote:"You can get a good look at a T-bone steak by sticking your head up a bull's ass, but wouldn't you rather take the butcher's word for it?"
You sir, earn 1 CamoPoint for this reference
CamoBadger
CamoBadger
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 588

Back to top Go down

Post by iLateralGX Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:19 am

swicked wrote:
Ironmonger wrote:I'd join in on this music game, but I have a tv blaring five feet from my head. Just be my luck I get to the rape scene or something and I hear "Head on! Apply directly to the head!" Or honestly, any scene.

EDIT: I'm hoping to get a Kindle Fire for christmas so I can continue my work when my parents have the TV blasting. If anyone here has used one, could you tell me what you do and don't like about it?
I'm gonna get one, too.
I'll be sure to tell you all about it after the holidays are over and you no longer need advice :P

My sister had a Kindle Fire (it was stolen a while back unfortunately) I never got to use it all that much but it seemed pretty solid. It is compatible with a good portion of Android apps, which is a plus. It has a really pretty screen as too. I wanna take a guess and say it was LED or OLED because the blacks were actually black. Stacking against an iPad I think it would give it a run for its money especially at the price. However, like I said, it has been a while so I may not be remembering correctly.

Also, none of this praise is at all associated with the fact that I work for Amazon. No sir.
iLateralGX
iLateralGX
Ursa Minor

Brohoof! : 16

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:23 am

@Ketchup *sides cease to exist*
CamoBadger wrote:
You sir, earn 1 CamoPoint for this reference

I screwed up the quote when I was on the phone with my brother.
Me:"You can stick your head up a butcher's ass..."
Bro:"But you won't taste the bull."

We both lost it right there. Also what is a Camopoint

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by CamoBadger Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:27 am

It's a worthless currency that you put on your mantle to show you earned one
CamoBadger
CamoBadger
Royal Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:28 am

I've had that quote going through my mind, constantly making me laugh and drawing funny looks. Best. Comedy. Ever.

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by CamoBadger Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:31 am

I love that movie so much.
I might just have to watch it again tomorrow.
CamoBadger
CamoBadger
Royal Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Ketchup Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:32 am

Ironmonger wrote:@Ketchup *sides cease to exist*
I've looked at beef cuts and where they come from, so I got the anatomical part of it, but I just don't know where it is from.
CamoBadger wrote:It's a worthless currency that you put on your mantle to show you earned one
How many are in circulation?
Ketchup
Ketchup
The Condiment

Brohoof! : 114

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:34 am

Tommy Boy. The main actor died from a combination of morphine overdose and cocaine intoxication back in 1997. Funniest freakin' movie I ever did see, and even better it takes place in Ohio.

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by CamoBadger Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:35 am

Not many Ketchup. I think I've given out like 5. Don't ask who I gave them to, I don't remember.
CamoBadger
CamoBadger
Royal Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Stringtheory Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:36 am

Ironmonger wrote:The main actor died from a combination of morphine overdose and cocaine intoxication back in 1997.
That's the BEST way to die!
Stringtheory
Stringtheory
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 97

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:38 am

stringtheory wrote:
Ironmonger wrote:The main actor died from a combination of morphine overdose and cocaine intoxication back in 1997.
That's the BEST way to die!
When I read this, the first thing that came to mind was a deer being shot with a .50 BMG.

And now I'm imagining Chris Farley in a cab, giving people the finger with one of those robotic hand toys.

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 12, 2012 1:00 am

@Kindles
Well, I have an original Nook, and while it has hard-crashed once (reset worked) it's otherwise done great! Some minor cracking of the case that doesn't affect usability, and as long as you can figure out how to make .epubs with something like Scribd you should be fine on custom documents. It... doesn't do much else, though. I guess I'm basically saying that e-Reader's are cool and useful devices, so there's that.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Wed Dec 12, 2012 1:07 am

Honestly it would be best if I just saved up for a custom laptop at non-absurd prices. I'll probably get annoyed with the tablet and set it down somewhere to collect dust like so much other stuff I have.
[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 3 173750__safe_animated_meta_4chan_real-life_barely-pony-related_bronies_it-quo-s-always-sunny-in-philadelphia_fox-news_charlie-kelly

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by CannonFodder Wed Dec 12, 2012 4:29 am

Well crud on a handbasket.
There's rumors floating around that hasbro is wanting to control more directly the storyline in season 4 floating around, and that the writers are NOT happy with what hasbro wants to do. Basically you know how twilight is going to become a alicorn, yeeaaahhh that's not the only change coming to season 4.
[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 3 F12
I'm just hoping that the viewship makes it to season 5, cause if season 4 is going to suck then hopefully hasbro will realize trying to directly control the stories or such is a bad idea then for season 5 they'll try backing off.

Last edited by CannonFodder on Wed Dec 12, 2012 4:47 am; edited 2 times in total
CannonFodder
CannonFodder
Unicorn

Brohoof! : 5

http://cf6.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Wed Dec 12, 2012 4:34 am

So was Frost right? Is the show going downhill?

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by CannonFodder Wed Dec 12, 2012 4:40 am

Ironmonger wrote:So was Frost right? Is the show going downhill?
Eeyup. One of the writers got hella pissed off and leaked some information about season 4. Short version: The reason why it's bad news is that hasbro is intending to directly change the format of the show to make it more marketable.
CannonFodder
CannonFodder
Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Wed Dec 12, 2012 4:47 am

...Yeah this is something I'm gonna keep in mind next time I pray (this is me being religious). It's going to suck big time if the best fandom ever starts to deteriorate.
EDIT: Do you have links to that info?

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by CannonFodder Wed Dec 12, 2012 4:56 am

Ironmonger wrote:...Yeah this is something I'm gonna keep in mind next time I pray (this is me being religious). It's going to suck big time if the best fandom ever starts to deteriorate.
EDIT: Do you have links to that info?
I don't have a picture or such. Apparently it was in a chat with one of the writers. Give it a day and it should be either confirmed or busted. Personally I give it about a 4 out of 5 chance of being right and a 1 out of 5 chance of the writer just venting cause the person I got it from normally isn't wrong. BUT the two things that I can feel safe in saying is probably true is derpy is being removed, which is why we haven't seen her that much. Also PRINCESS twilight.

If I don't hear anything within a day it's probably safe to say it's not true. Here's praying that it's JUST a rumor.
CannonFodder
CannonFodder
Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Wed Dec 12, 2012 5:09 am

I'll give it a bit then, I nearly went spreading the word like an idiot. Sometimes I panic.

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by CannonFodder Wed Dec 12, 2012 5:18 am

Ironmonger wrote:I'll give it a bit then, I nearly went spreading the word like an idiot. Sometimes I panic.
I wouldn't think that much of the rumor myself, but the rumor mill I heard it from is where I learned about king sombre(they even got the spelling right), discord's return and dash trying out for the wonderbolts well before anyone else even heard about it.

It's why I'm not telling you guys the rest of the information before I can confirm it, cause if it's true then you guys are just going to lose it.
CannonFodder
CannonFodder
Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Wed Dec 12, 2012 5:25 am

I'll definitely lose it because of the whole "fight or flight" thing being kinda strong in me. Onto a more positive note, I found a shotgun that would make sense in the Fallout Equestria universe: the Maverick 88. I was actually a little slow on finding out about this considering how long the pattern has been around, but onto business. It's essentially a cheaper, simplified Mossberg 500 with a cross-bar safety (a little button on the side that you push in, causing it to move in front of the hammer IIRC). For comparison, the Mossberg 500 will cost between $300-500 depending on what features you get. The Maverick 88 however will run between $165-233 MSRP depending on the model. Admittedly part of this has to do with it using some parts from Mexico but my point still stands.
Maverick 88:

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by CannonFodder Wed Dec 12, 2012 5:42 am

Ironmonger wrote:I'll definitely lose it because of the whole "fight or flight" thing being kinda strong in me.
Okay, I'm working on disproving some of the worse or ridiculous rumors.
Twilight is NOT going to become a ruler of equestria.
Season 4 is NOT the final season.
The cutie mark crusaders do NOT get their cutie marks and break up as friends.
The mane6 do NOT break up as friends.
It is NOT in the future with a new mane6.
No return of king sombre for season 4.
Rainbow does not dye her hair a single color. That one was a bit ridiculous. Seriously.
No extreme pandering to the fans. Meaning no lyra in pants or stalkerloo or such.

Some of the worse rumors that I didn't post here don't seem to be very likely. Phew. Even if the rumors about hasbro changing the format for the show at least with trying to sort out what seems to be fluff and what may have credence season 4 may be mediocre, but at least it won't be terrible as I thought it was going to be.

It's looking less and less likely that season 4 is going to be terrible and instead just may be a mediocre season. I can handle a mediocre season. I'm just waiting a day for what rumors I can't disproved to either show evidence or just assume they probably aren't true. If you don't hear from me in a day then yeah the rumors probably were untrue.

But for now I'm just playing the waiting game until then.
CannonFodder
CannonFodder
Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 12, 2012 5:51 am

@Alicorn Twilight
To be honest, I'm not all that opposed to the idea in concept. If they're at all smart about it, it shouldn't be a problem; there's a reason a lot of stories use it, and that's because it's an obvious plot for the series. Keeping connections to friends even when things are changing in your life, relying on them for support, etc. - easy themes. Most of the people I've seen complaining about it think it's overdone, which is rather silly, ultimately, since one can't expect the writers to read fanfictions. A legitimate worry is that it will be another episode focusing entirely on Twilight and less on the other characters; but the original episode was centrally about Twilight, and the entirety of S1 had Twilight giving the friendship reports - the show IS about Twilight, when you come right down to it, so her "character focus" episodes tend to be the big two parters and plot-advancers. What's important is that A) some things change, and B) some things stay the same. Specifically, if Twilight becomes a new alicorn, that's gotta be friggin' huge; but, at the same time, it can't just be the Twilight Sparkle show from then on out. (Frankly, if anything, I'd almost think that Twilight would be demoted to a secondary character - THAT would make for an interesting season four, in which there are periodically moments when the mane six reflect that they really miss Twilight for reasons xyz, and then maybe the mid-season finale has her making a return more permanently, somehow... but I digress)

As to rumors of increased Hasbro shoo-be-dooery, well, I'd hope they know enough to keep their thick skulls out; but the relationship between popularity and quality is often enough inverse (based on metal bands, at least) that I am of course worried. Now, this is a rumor I've heard since the start of season two (AKA since I joined the fandom, practically), so I'm not TOO concerned, but yeah. Until more information comes to light, I'm not gonna panic or anything. And hey, TV shows have survived bad seasons before! Look at Doctor Who Series 3 (though, in fairness, that did get way, way better in the last few episodes - Blink and The Family of Blood two parter are some of my favorites for the whole show).

Anyway, all in all, I'm optimistic. I've liked the episodes in this season, I like the fan content that continues to come out, and I think that the show's makers have earned enough trust from me to not press any panic buttons. (And hey, if we're lucky, "format change" means hour-long episodes and there was some level of miscommunication somewhere and the writer is actually super psyched!)

(Oh, and it's "Sombra" isn't it? Like somber + umbra?)

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Wed Dec 12, 2012 5:57 am

I'm kinda hoping they elaborate more on Alicorns and the other nations outside of Equestria. I had a squee-moment when I heard about Saddle Arabia.

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by CannonFodder Wed Dec 12, 2012 5:58 am

Even if the rumors about hasbro directly interfering with the story are true then season 4 is probably going to be "meh" at worst. The brony fandom can handle a meh season.
Overlong Analysis Cobalt wrote:(Oh, and it's "Sombra" isn't it? Like somber + umbra?)
Darn it, I keep forgetting it's sombra not sombre.
CannonFodder
CannonFodder
Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Wed Dec 12, 2012 6:15 am

At least it won't be a bad season...hopefully. Also I have some good news. Between my connections and advertisement, my story is getting rather popular. Even with the gibberish that existed before Erumpet became my editor I had 11 likes and only 4 dislikes, so I'm apparently doing something right. Now I have 13 likes and 12 watchers, I can't complain. :3

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 12, 2012 7:39 am

@Music To Put In PH Scenes
Anyone have thoughts on this one?
Spoiler:

@Iron
Grats!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 32 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 17 ... 32  Next