Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

+14
Icy Shake
RoboRed
Epsilon
StoneSlinger88
brony all alone
Valikdu
Katarn
Scienza
Whiskey Rebellion
O. Hinds
Frost
Harmony Ltd.
Tytan
Stringtheory
18 posters

Page 10 of 31 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 20 ... 31  Next

Go down

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 10 Empty Re: [Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

Post by Tytan Sat Feb 28, 2015 3:48 am

Well, I don't really identify as a brony either. I was more miffed that he/she was so irrationally hateful to so many different groups.

And I doubt my arguement left an impact as the artist and Cunt appeared to be very good friends.

At the time he/she represented everything wrong with Tumblr, to me at least.
Tytan
Tytan
The Great Bait Hunter

Brohoof! : 429

Character List:
Name: Clock / Viktor
Sex: Female / Male
Species: Unicorn / Sand Dog

Back to top Go down

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 10 Empty Re: [Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

Post by Frost Sat Feb 28, 2015 4:05 am

Good god. I'm kind of at the point right now, for the most part, where I'm like "Boy? Girl? Walrus? I don't fuckin' know" but even still, I hear someone say they're a "genderfluid boy-girl" and I think "a'ighty, let's hear what  Snowflake McAsshole has to say, folks."

Of course, say that anyone who questions their gender identity is mentally ill, and you're a fucking Nazi--say that everyone who likes a fucking TV show deserves to horribly die, and that's entirely alright, because some people who like this TV show at one point allegedly said mean things to a friend of theirs and it hurt their precious fucking feelings--after all, all they were doing was trying to censor someone for hurting their precious fucking feelings. 

If Muslims deserve to be understood and respected, Christians deserve to be understood and respected. If we won't judge black people based on race, we won't judge white people based on race. If you accept a trans person for who they are, you accept a goddamn 'cis' person for who they are. Respect, tolerance, and equality don't only apply to people you fucking like--something Tumblr, at large, fundamentally fails to understand.
Frost
Frost
Crazed Gun-Toting 'Murican

Brohoof! : 503

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Stringtheory Sat Feb 28, 2015 4:08 am

Frost wrote:Respect, tolerance, and equality don't only apply to people you fucking like--something Tumblr, at large, fundamentally fails to understand.
Agreed, that's my opinion on the subject except 100x better worded.
Stringtheory
Stringtheory
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 97

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 28, 2015 4:53 am

@Tytan
I considered giving some tips on trolling, but you really should do the healthy thing and leave the conversation when it gets sour instead of turning it into a weird, sadomasochistic game. Take the last word if you want, but leave. It's not smart to get caught up in these things, either by letting them get to you or by having fun with them. Waste of time, at the very least. I also agree with Frost's sentiments on this subject, with the addition that I have especial dislike of the stereotypical tumblrizer for their appropriation and perversion of various terminologies and theories that I actually like.

Back to top Go down

Post by Valikdu Sat Feb 28, 2015 7:08 am

Tytan wrote:And then Cunt explained that her bias (not that she would admit it was such) was because a friend of hers was allegedly driven to unsuccessful suicide by bronies because she was apparently the one trying to get 'Molestia' banned from tumblr.

Oh, great. An acolyte of Pinkiepony. I'd even forgotten she'd existed.

I thought that her (alleged) suicide attempt was due to a fight with her mother over some trivial crap super important thing (dyeing her hair pink, AFAIR)?
Valikdu
Valikdu
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 192

Character List:
Name: Ion Storm
Sex: Female
Species: First One

Back to top Go down

Post by Valikdu Sat Feb 28, 2015 2:45 pm

Sunrider is... surprisingly good?
I sort of like the story. And the tactical battles, although there's a certain point where the game just takes a Difficulty Spike and probes Uranus with it.
Valikdu
Valikdu
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Stringtheory Sat Feb 28, 2015 3:26 pm

Valikdu wrote:Sunrider is... surprisingly good?
I sort of like the story. And the tactical battles, although there's a certain point where the game just takes a Difficulty Spike and probes Uranus with it.
I haven't gotten far enough into the story to judge it as anything more than 'generic anime space opera', but it seems to be decent enough. The only criticism I have of the game on a technical level is that some of the voice actors are rather ear-grating, but for some reason I kept turning the voices back on so I guess it's self-inflicted punishment.
But yes, HOLY HELL does the difficulty spike very quickly even on the recommended 'normal' setting (and I have too much pride to lower it). I'm stuck on the 4th(?) mission (both versions) and even did the unthinkable in going back and changing a story choice to see if the mission got any easier (It did, from a kick to the nuts to a gut punch...). Maybe I'm not choosing the right upgrades or the RNG screws me over, but it's probably that I'm not the TACTICAL GENIUS the game expects me to be.
Stringtheory
Stringtheory
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Valikdu Sat Feb 28, 2015 3:41 pm

Stringtheory wrote:Maybe I'm not choosing the right upgrades

I've also done the unthinkable and used the "legal cheat" thing (the upper right corner button that refunds all the upgrades without loss), then went first for improving shields (in both strength and volume) and flak for the units that have them. That seemed to be the right upgrade path.

I'm stuck on the 4th(?) mission (both versions) and even did the unthinkable in going back and changing a story choice to see if the mission got any easier

The one where you've got the... let's say, paragon or renegade decision to make?
I've gone for the renegade option from the start. Later I've heard that the other variant is really hard, so... lucky me, I guess.
Valikdu
Valikdu
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Stringtheory Sat Feb 28, 2015 4:00 pm

Valikdu wrote:
Stringtheory wrote:Maybe I'm not choosing the right upgrades

I've also done the unthinkable and used the "legal cheat" thing (the upper right corner button that refunds all the upgrades without loss), then went first for improving shields (in both strength and volume) and flak for the units that have them. That seemed to be the right upgrade path.

I'm stuck on the 4th(?) mission (both versions) and even did the unthinkable in going back and changing a story choice to see if the mission got any easier

The one where you've got the... let's say, paragon or renegade decision to make?
I've gone for the renegade option from the start. Later I've heard that the other variant is really hard, so... lucky me, I guess.
Hey, it's not cheating if it's a feature! Applebloom But seriously so many of the stats are meaningless since they're either such small upgrades or we have very little idea how much impact they'll actually make that it would be incredibly unfair to have us commit unknowingly.

Yeah, the paragon version is one where you have to get an unarmed transport to the other side of the board while fending off constantly re-enforcing enemies with only three units. It's extremely bullshit.
Stringtheory
Stringtheory
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Sat Feb 28, 2015 4:02 pm

Well, I was hesitating on which console I was going to buy in a few months. Xbox One or Wii U?

Then I had a look at Bayonetta.

In retrospect, the choice is pretty obvious.

I've grown with Nintendo, it's time I reclaim my heritage.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 543

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 28, 2015 5:11 pm

If you like Bayonetta you might wanna try out wonderful 101. From what I remember it's made by the same guys, the worst games they make are still not terrible.

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Sat Feb 28, 2015 5:24 pm

I still need to play the copy of Metal Gear Revengeance I have on my PC.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Sat Feb 28, 2015 9:13 pm

I need this mod. I need it real bad.
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 01, 2015 12:54 am

Frost wrote:Good god. I'm kind of at the point right now, for the most part, where I'm like "Boy? Girl? Walrus? I don't fuckin' know" but even still, I hear someone say they're a "genderfluid boy-girl" and I think "a'ighty, let's hear what  Snowflake McAsshole has to say, folks."

Of course, say that anyone who questions their gender identity is mentally ill, and you're a fucking Nazi--say that everyone who likes a fucking TV show deserves to horribly die, and that's entirely alright, because some people who like this TV show at one point allegedly said mean things to a friend of theirs and it hurt their precious fucking feelings--after all, all they were doing was trying to censor someone for hurting their precious fucking feelings. 

If Muslims deserve to be understood and respected, Christians deserve to be understood and respected. If we won't judge black people based on race, we won't judge white people based on race. If you accept a trans person for who they are, you accept a goddamn 'cis' person for who they are. Respect, tolerance, and equality don't only apply to people you fucking like--something Tumblr, at large, fundamentally fails to understand.

Thank you, Frost. Perfectly said. Though on your last point I came across a screenshot of tumblr the other day of someone mentioning something called "mental race" they're not above judging black people, at least black people they don't like. They'll just label them white first.

Back to top Go down

Post by Scienza Sun Mar 01, 2015 12:59 am

Frost wrote:Good god. I'm kind of at the point right now, for the most part, where I'm like "Boy? Girl? Walrus? I don't fuckin' know" but even still, I hear someone say they're a "genderfluid boy-girl" and I think "a'ighty, let's hear what  Snowflake McAsshole has to say, folks."

I completely agree, with one exception. People who ship Flash Sentry/Twilight Sparkle are a blight upon humanity and deserve no sympathy.
Scienza
Scienza
Shipmistress

Brohoof! : 248

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

https://plus.google.com/u/0/+DkutlaOsterhagen

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Sun Mar 01, 2015 1:49 am

Well, yes. Racism, sexism, and the various [category]-phobias simply blind people to the fact that everyone is unique and special and deserves to be hated in a unique and special way.
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Stringtheory Sun Mar 01, 2015 2:27 am

For Frost and Harm:
Found on another forum wrote:The thing I found out about France is that despite all of the antipathy a Frenchman may feel for Germans, English, Americans (and everyone else who speaks English), and even Quebecois (for mangling the French language) that the fiercest emnity is reserved for people from other parts of France. Parisians sneer at everyone else, and everyone else loathes Parisians. Alsace is full of Germans, Provence is full of Italians, Lorraine is full of hillbillies, Brittany is full of Englishmen; where-ever you go, you'll be told that the people in that particular place are best, and the rest are a bunch of no-culture-having goat-molesting savages.

Also, every French person is quite fluent in English, though they often pretend that they aren't. Here's how to convince them to stop pretending:
Step 1 - have a phrasebook. Having a phrasebook for the language of where-ever you are is just polite.
Step 2 - pull out your very best (and by best I mean worst) back-woods hillbilly redneck over-the-top Texas cowboy accent. The kind of accent that makes Englishmen claw off their own ears upon exposure.
Step 3 - start reading the phrases from the phrasebook in that godawful accent. Be sure to hit and pronounce every letter as if you were reading English. Add some extra letters now and again. It helps to know how to properly pronounce each letter in French so you can be sure to not do that by accident. For example, the letter J usually has a sound like zh or the S in pleasure in French. Don't do that. Give it a hard J sound like jet or judge.
Example: I don't speak French is “Je ne parle pas français,” 'zheh neh pahl pah fransay' or so would be about the right sounds to make.
Don't make those sounds.
Jee (jay or jeh is ok) nee (match the vowel sound from before) parrrrl-see (nice emphasis on the arrrr like a pirate) pass (make the a as flat as the a in flat or at) frankays-ee (the -ee at the end is completely wrong, but that's the point. It's like the cherry on top of a linguistic shit-sundae). Voila! instant fluence in English will be revealed.
Important note: Active duty military may face a court martial for using this technique as it is a violation of the Geneva Convention.
Stringtheory
Stringtheory
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Sun Mar 01, 2015 2:41 am

I suppose I should stop thanking locals with "much-ass grassy-ass, senior", then.
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Icy Shake Sun Mar 01, 2015 2:45 am

Scienza wrote:

I completely agree, with one exception. People who ship Flash Sentry/Twilight Sparkle are a blight upon humanity and deserve no sympathy.
Yeah. But there are Flash ships that seem okay. (And DGD Davidson makes Brad/Twilight work. But such is the power of satire.) There was at least one story I've seen with Flash/Shining Armor that I liked, and recently I noticed an oblique reference to Flash/Blueblood, and thought that that could be a fun one.

But I think that the best case with Flashlight is the explicit form of it's not about it being a good relationship, Flash is just here as a trophy for the protagonist (who in this case is Twilight).
Icy Shake
Icy Shake
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 308

Back to top Go down

Post by Katarn Sun Mar 01, 2015 8:58 am

this is hilarious:
Katarn
Katarn
Soviet Bastard

Brohoof! : 351

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Sun Mar 01, 2015 9:16 am

Ah, yes.

who could forget the classic Lion King scene?
Spoiler:
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Icy Shake Sun Mar 01, 2015 11:52 am

Katarn wrote:
this is hilarious:
I like it but . . . is there anyone else here who doesn't think that the reindeer is tied to a "couch"?
Icy Shake
Icy Shake
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 308

Back to top Go down

Post by Tytan Sun Mar 01, 2015 2:30 pm

Spoiler:
Tytan
Tytan
The Great Bait Hunter

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Tytan Sun Mar 01, 2015 3:13 pm

Last made scibait:
Tytan
Tytan
The Great Bait Hunter

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Scienza Sun Mar 01, 2015 6:50 pm

Tytan wrote:
Last made scibait:
D'awwwwwwww....
Scienza
Scienza
Shipmistress

Brohoof! : 248

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

https://plus.google.com/u/0/+DkutlaOsterhagen

Back to top Go down

Post by Tytan Sun Mar 01, 2015 7:15 pm

Scienza wrote:
Tytan wrote:
Last made scibait:
D'awwwwwwww....
Ruby!
Tytan
Tytan
The Great Bait Hunter

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Sun Mar 01, 2015 7:33 pm

In unrelated news--call me crazy, but I think, for one to reach the rank of Sergeant First Class, they should have to be fucking literate.

A few gems from my guard mount briefing today, as the Sergeant of Guard basically read from a script:

"Make sure you're in proper uniform. Informity Is key to this operation"

"Anyone late or without the proper equipment will be subject to [Uniform Code of Military Justice] UCMNJ action"

"Has anyone not completed [On the Job Training] JOT?"

"Use of deadly force is authorized to Content an imminent threat to the post."

"Use Virtual persuasion and unarmed defense techniques before Reforming to the use of deadly force."

That's nowhere near all of them.
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Sun Mar 01, 2015 9:39 pm

Unrelated, but I'm not sure how I'm just now finding out that Miracle of Sound has no less than four Skyrim-related songs:
Spoiler:
Unrelated, but relevant
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Valikdu Mon Mar 02, 2015 10:28 am

what the fuck did I just find

Either it's going to be awesome and crazy, or incredibly full of itself (like Rational Harry Potter). Maybe I'll find out.
Valikdu
Valikdu
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Mon Mar 02, 2015 11:40 am

Valikdu wrote:what the fuck did I just find

Either it's going to be awesome and crazy, or incredibly full of itself (like Rational Harry Potter). Maybe I'll find out.
Iirc, it's seriously awesome. Though it's been years since I last read it, and it has gone through a loooooong hiatus.

Another EVA/WH40k crossover you can consider reading is "Thousand Shinji", iirc by Academia Nut.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 31 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 20 ... 31  Next