Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

+21
Frost
Ketchup
Aonee
Loud_Taffy
Cptadder
iLateralGX
Admiral Stoic Rum
Valikdu
Stringtheory
Scienza
OneMoreDaySK
Harmony Ltd.
Moodyman90
Tytan
Scyto Harmony
RoboRed
Ironmonger
O. Hinds
Kattlarv
StoneSlinger88
Katarn
25 posters

Page 28 of 30 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29, 30  Next

Go down

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 28 Empty Re: [Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

Post by StoneSlinger88 Tue Apr 15, 2014 1:46 am

Moodyman90 wrote:And then there's me, the southern boy who has sweet tea running through my veins. Course how much is caffeine and how much is sugar is up for debate.

Why worry? Just start the day with a cup of thick black coffee, then progress to sweet tea with a hearty splash of rum to get your daily dosage of booze too.
StoneSlinger88
StoneSlinger88
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 47

Character List:
Name: Judge
Sex: Male
Species: Earth Pony

Back to top Go down

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 28 Empty Re: [Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

Post by Tytan Tue Apr 15, 2014 6:01 am

ironbait:
Tytan
Tytan
The Great Bait Hunter

Brohoof! : 429

Character List:
Name: Clock / Viktor
Sex: Female / Male
Species: Unicorn / Sand Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by Scienza Tue Apr 15, 2014 7:54 am

Tea is the drink of empires.
Scienza
Scienza
Shipmistress

Brohoof! : 248

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

https://plus.google.com/u/0/+DkutlaOsterhagen

Back to top Go down

Post by OneMoreDaySK Tue Apr 15, 2014 8:18 am

"Yay! Blood Moon last night!"
*looks outside*
*overcast*
"..."

This isn't the first time an astronomical event has been overcast in my area. T.T
OneMoreDaySK
OneMoreDaySK
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 56

Character List:
Name: Alouette
Sex: Female
Species: Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Tue Apr 15, 2014 9:03 am

xX420somethingsomething360noscopesomethingsomethinXx
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 543

Back to top Go down

Post by OneMoreDaySK Tue Apr 15, 2014 10:34 am

Quick Google search brings up xXx-Equ3str1aW33DsMlG360n0sc0p3$wAg-xXx.

Random thinking. Can y'all think of any cartoons where the main characters don't act like morons when y'all were little? Or any that did feature characters like that but you still enjoyed? There were a lot of them from my time.
OneMoreDaySK
OneMoreDaySK
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Scienza Tue Apr 15, 2014 10:41 am

OneMoreDaySK wrote:Quick Google search brings up xXx-Equ3str1aW33DsMlG360n0sc0p3$wAg-xXx.

Random thinking. Can y'all think of any cartoons where the main characters don't act like morons when y'all were little? Or any that did feature characters like that but you still enjoyed? There were a lot of them from my time.
Batman: TAS, though that doesn't really count.

As for ones that did but I still enjoyed, every single other cartoon series I liked.
Scienza
Scienza
Shipmistress

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Tue Apr 15, 2014 11:47 am

ironlulz:
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 543

Back to top Go down

Post by Moodyman90 Tue Apr 15, 2014 11:49 am

There's always the fine line between "smart character does something stupid" and "stupid character does something normal" but I guess the smart character doing stupid things bugs people more.

That said, it's usually the only way to move the plot. Kinda like in RPing, especially DnD. Savvy players will avoid all NPC women like the plague and never get on anything that floats on water. That said, they'll still talk to the women and get on the boat because it comes down to "Do you want to play DnD or not?"

So pretty much "Do you want an episode or not?"
Moodyman90
Moodyman90
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 163

Character List:
Name: Moody Blues/ Moodstone
Sex: Male/ Male
Species: Earth Pony/ Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by OneMoreDaySK Tue Apr 15, 2014 12:01 pm

@Swicked
Well, it happens. Wished there was some way to view your youtube history in a compact form where it doesn't try to preload every video window.

Re: Shows
Some shows are forgivable for the lack of intelligent characters, especially educational ones, seeing as they cater to an audience just learning these things for the first time or so. Shows in general I can remember watching were Arthur (was a classic and played just when I got home from school), Cyberchase (only because Digit had Iago's VA Gilbert Godfrey). Scooby Doo Where Are You is another classic, but didn't like Jabberjaw. Other Hanna Barbera shows were ok, wasn't too big a fan of them. Dexter's Lab, PPG, and Samurai Jack was hilarious. Not too big a fan of Cow & Chicken or I am Weasel. KND was ok, liked their acronyms. These were just some of the things I watched. Gargoyles I liked as well as Ducktales, but the others around that time not so much (Mighty Ducks, Tailspin)
Heh, just wanted an excuse to discuss old shows I liked.

That being said, what bugs me more is when characters have variable intelligence. Best exemplified in a paraphrased quote I remember from one of the shows I would consider defining of the previous sentence:
Spongebob: "How smart are you? (to Patrick)"
Patrick: "It depends. (on the writer)"
I kinda imagine Spongebob being that really annoying Pinkie Pie in Filli Vanilli, full time, when he isn't being an utter moron.
OneMoreDaySK
OneMoreDaySK
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Tue Apr 15, 2014 12:19 pm

Harmony Ltd. wrote:
ironlulz:

That's like a scene from Family Guy when that show was actually funny.

Ironmonger
Daemon Prince of Bad Puns

Brohoof! : 290

Character List:
Name: Cast Iron

Back to top Go down

Post by Moodyman90 Tue Apr 15, 2014 12:26 pm

Never watched cyberchase but that was because I was past PBS shows when it came around.
Personally I miss it when Disney use to show its old cartoons as well as the new live action stuff. Vault Disney was my favorite, cause that was the really old and cool stuff.
Moodyman90
Moodyman90
Draconequus

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 15, 2014 12:44 pm

Moodyman90 wrote: Vault Disney was my favorite, cause that was the really old and cool stuff.

I've heard that the special edition of epic mickey comes with some older cartoons.

Back to top Go down

Post by OneMoreDaySK Tue Apr 15, 2014 12:51 pm

On liking villains, one of those I liked the most was Hades from the Disney film. He was so hilarious, and I don't recall him ever breaking a deal, unlike our hero (if I recall correctly it was that he could take Meg, but he'd have to stay in the Styx(?). Doesn't matter if he's immortal, a deal should've been a deal.)

You didn't like Scooby Doo Where Are You? But it had Batman and Robin as guest stars for an episode! Was a lot off silliness. A Pup Named Scooby Doo was a guilty pleasure of mine, but the other than those two the other shows were meh.

On a side note, my childhood favorite was Mr. Roger's Neighborhood. Don't recall him treating the audience like a toddler ("Can you say X?").

On another side note, I can't imagine why in the world I ever liked the Inheritance Cycle. Ok, Eragon is still decent to me, but then the series kinda took a nosedive into stupid territory.
OneMoreDaySK
OneMoreDaySK
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Moodyman90 Tue Apr 15, 2014 1:25 pm

That's cause Mr. Roger never said "Can you say X?" Parodies of him do, but he never did.

Mr. Roger was a great guy. Soon after they aired "The Day After" which, along with the UK version Threads, is said to be major contributors of why the whole world agreed to start cutting back on the nukes, he did a special episode intended to let any child who watched the movie know that everything was going to be okay.
Moodyman90
Moodyman90
Draconequus

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by OneMoreDaySK Tue Apr 15, 2014 1:55 pm

Respected him as a kid, and even more so when I learned about things he's done, like the whole five minute speech that he gave that doubled the budget for PBS, in a meeting that was to half it. That and it's interesting to see some of the snopes articles on him such as his car being stolen by someone(s), only to be returned with an apology note and in some stories, cleaned and waxed. Also interesting to note is the immense respect the 'wretched hive' 4chan has for the man.
OneMoreDaySK
OneMoreDaySK
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Tue Apr 15, 2014 1:58 pm

ironlulz:
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 717

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Tue Apr 15, 2014 2:46 pm

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2014/04/14/1292085/-DINO-New-Scientific-Study-Says-Yes-But-It-s-Not-What-You-Think?
The land of the free*!
*Individual results may vary

Last edited by O. Hinds on Tue Apr 15, 2014 6:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Brohoof! : 383

Character List:
Name: Ris Haends Aeronauticus
Species: Zebra

Back to top Go down

Post by Scienza Tue Apr 15, 2014 3:01 pm

swicked wrote:...I've honestly been a villain-lover for as long as I can remember. I might have latched onto many shows depending on if they had at least one villain (or a morally ambiguous main character) I could admire.
Villains are usually the highlight of many works. They'll have the best lines, the best songs, the most interesting character design... 

Once you get past a certain age-range, their moralities and motivations tend to be much more interesting than that of the hero's as well.
Scienza
Scienza
Shipmistress

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by OneMoreDaySK Tue Apr 15, 2014 3:19 pm

In a society that promotes 'being good', it's not too much of a stretch to see why so many are curious as to what drives a villain to such 'villainous' acts. Not that 'being good' is a bad thing, but there are quite a bunch of us that like looking at a story from a different perspective than the one that a straightforward story blinkers us to. It's why there are so many POV retellings of stories, like the Big Bad Wolf POV.
OneMoreDaySK
OneMoreDaySK
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kattlarv Tue Apr 15, 2014 3:31 pm

swicked wrote:Somber, if anything, made Fluttershy out to be even MORE innocent by making her in love and pregnant.

And Rarity was "dabbling" in dark arts my butt. I've said my piece on that, though.
Rarity's painted as being just shy of a complete monster, caring nothing about anyone other than her friends.
That soul jar room should be evidence-enough. Again, some of those weren't felons convicted to the death sentence (as if that would justify anything). Some were simply volunteers.
...and she fell pretty quickly if you're really just going to say the black book was responsible for the whole thing.
Not overly sure how making her having been sexually, physically and mentally abused by Golden makes her more innocent... especially not as it was done out of pure retard moment of plot convenience and recklessness. But I guess it can be taken as a "she doesn't know any better" get up. Overall personally just find it to be stupid and another one of somber's shoehorned, forced moments in a weak attempt to convey forced emotion. Like that Golden gave her a miscarriage, then supposedly was sorry about Shy being too fragile for his abuse, and BJ going all "er mer gerd! he's the nicest pony of the all! I saw Golden the pony, he's sorry for getting caught, he has emotions! I suddenly love him now. I bet he had a huge dick!"

@Robo: (Dash comic) ~Eh... not sure if I should like it or not. It seems like it's probably a tad bit too generic/bland, but still seems like it could be funny...

(Smash) Pre-orders are bad, m'kay?

@Katarn: (Satan) Maybe she's  trying to obtain a copy of Equestria girls 2? xD

@EP: (Pokemans) Gummy damn it shiny Ralts, why are you so damn annoying to chain? xD

(Smash) I hope they bring back mewtwo... gotta say Gren felt a bit out of nowhere. Ah well. Hopefully it will have interesting chars and be a bit more polished.
Though: Fuck the boots on Z-suit Samus... just no...
Kattlarv
Kattlarv
Hydra

Brohoof! : 27

Character List:
Name: Dewflower
Sex: Female-ish

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Tue Apr 15, 2014 3:55 pm

RoboRed wrote:
ironlulz:

From the comments: "Mark don't do that again with your voice. You sounded like Brad Garret and it was horrifying."

Seriously, though. I kinda feel bad that he went through that.

Ironmonger
Daemon Prince of Bad Puns

Brohoof! : 290

Character List:
Name: Cast Iron

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Tue Apr 15, 2014 4:08 pm

Have the posting controls vanished for anyone else, or is it just me?
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 15, 2014 4:09 pm

Kattlarv wrote:(Smash) I hope they bring back mewtwo... gotta say Gren felt a bit out of nowhere. Ah well. Hopefully it will have interesting chars and be a bit more polished.
Though: Fuck the boots on Z-suit Samus... just no...

I don't know. Greninja just seems like such a strange choice, they just added little mac and he seems to fill the small fast fighter quota pretty well.

And Shiek already exists as a sorta ninja.

If they were going to choose one of three I wish they would have chosen Chestnaught. Maybe he'd a bit too much like Bowser. But how many heavy guys do they have? I think it's just Bowser and King Dedede.

Z-suit samus: I honestly don't think the boot are any worse than the rest of the suit. And at least they gave a reason for them. I mean the suit really just is to get the power armored woman into form fitting attire right?

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Tue Apr 15, 2014 4:17 pm

Okay, I tracked the fault by using Firefox and selectively disabling scripts. It looks like the problem is illiweb.com. Which, looking at it, seems to be the thing that some other people here were complaining about malfunctioning the other day. I guess that there's nothing for me to do but wait for them to fix the problem, whatever it is.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Tue Apr 15, 2014 4:18 pm

Ironmonger wrote:
RoboRed wrote:
ironlulz:

From the comments: "Mark don't do that again with your voice. You sounded like Brad Garret and it was horrifying."

Seriously, though. I kinda feel bad that he went through that.
It's just one of those things where you laugh and it's funny, but you can't help but cringe a little.
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 15, 2014 4:24 pm

O. Hinds wrote:Okay, I tracked the fault by using Firefox and selectively disabling scripts.  It looks like the problem is illiweb.com.  Which, looking at it, seems to be the thing that some other people here were complaining about malfunctioning the other day.  I guess that there's nothing for me to do but wait for them to fix the problem, whatever it is.

It'll fix its self any from a couple hours to a day. At least that's what it did for me.

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Tue Apr 15, 2014 4:50 pm

lastbait:
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 15, 2014 6:34 pm

Dear Batman Arkham city,

I understand that you wanted to make AR training challenging. However obscuring the camera with Batman's ginormous fucking cape is not a legitimate challenge.

I could really use a first person camera.

P.S. Jesus fucking christ, Batman stop grabbing onto invisible terrain.

@Robo  Hue

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Tue Apr 15, 2014 6:52 pm

Guarddogjr wrote:
O. Hinds wrote:Okay, I tracked the fault by using Firefox and selectively disabling scripts.  It looks like the problem is illiweb.com.  Which, looking at it, seems to be the thing that some other people here were complaining about malfunctioning the other day.  I guess that there's nothing for me to do but wait for them to fix the problem, whatever it is.

It'll fix its self any from a couple hours to a day. At least that's what it did for me.
Thanks. I've just discovered that I can't open spoilers either. I could probably use Firefox if I really needed to see something, though.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 28 of 30 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29, 30  Next