Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

+21
CamoBadger
Kattlarv
Penby
Ketchup
Scyto Harmony
StoneSlinger88
Frost
Admiral Stoic Rum
Scienza
Alessandro101
O. Hinds
Stringtheory
Cptadder
Ironmonger
Harmony Ltd.
RoboRed
Tytan
Valikdu
Moodyman90
cb5
Katarn
25 posters

Page 30 of 31 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31  Next

Go down

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 30 Empty Re: [Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

Post by CamoBadger Tue Feb 04, 2014 11:50 am

OneMoreDaySK wrote:Methinks there's an emphasis on cloud-based storage. Plus it give an official way to enforce tournament viable pokemon that haven't been edited. *shrugs* I haven't owned anything past Gold-Silver (Internal Battery died on me. T.T) and a bit of playtime on my sister's Ruby.
I'm the same.
Haven't played any pokemon passed my old Silver, and I can't play that much anymore because something went wrong and the cartridge can't keep a save file anymore.
CamoBadger
CamoBadger
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 588

Back to top Go down

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 30 Empty Re: [Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

Post by Guest Tue Feb 04, 2014 11:57 am

OneMoreDaySK wrote:Methinks there's an emphasis on cloud-based storage. Plus it give an official way to enforce tournament viable pokemon that haven't been edited. *shrugs* I haven't owned anything past Gold-Silver (Internal Battery died on me. T.T) and a bit of playtime on my sister's Ruby.

Strange. A friend of mine had a copy of Saphire that would tell him that the battery had run dry and that just meant that he couldn't evolve pokemon that evolved based on time of day because the clock wouldn't work anymore.

Back to top Go down

Post by OneMoreDaySK Tue Feb 04, 2014 11:58 am

CamoBadger wrote:
I'm the same.
Haven't played any pokemon passed my old Silver, and I can't play that much anymore because something went wrong and the cartridge can't keep a save file anymore.

Did my research a long time ago. The Gold-Silver-Crystal game cartridges contain an actual battery for an internal clock inclusive in the save, since the GameBoys up to GBA(SP) don't have anything as such. But once the battery runs out, then the save gets wiped, and you can't save again until you replace the battery. You'd still run into the same problem again even if you replace the battery, so your best bet would be to get the remakes, which use the DS internal clock instead.

Edit: apparently Ruby-Sapphire-Emerald also has an internal battery for clock time, though I don't recall a day-night cycle.
OneMoreDaySK
OneMoreDaySK
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 56

Character List:
Name: Alouette
Sex: Female
Species: Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by CamoBadger Tue Feb 04, 2014 12:03 pm

OneMoreDaySK wrote:
CamoBadger wrote:
I'm the same.

Did my research a long time ago. The Gold-Silver-Crystal game cartridges contain an actual battery for an internal clock inclusive in the save, since the GameBoys up to GBA(SP) don't have anything as such. But once the battery runs out, then the save gets wiped, and you can't save again until you replace the battery. You'd still run into the same problem again even if you replace the battery, so your best bet would be to get the remakes, which use the DS internal clock instead.

Edit: apparently Ruby-Sapphire-Emerald also has an internal battery for clock time, though I don't recall a day-night cycle.
Eh, too much effort. I'll just stick to playing my old ass yellow version.
CamoBadger
CamoBadger
Royal Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Stringtheory Tue Feb 04, 2014 12:15 pm

The future is so very close...: Sponge-based gunshot wound sealer.
Could the combat medic on this forum (Camo, right?) give his opinion on how practical this would actually be in the field?
Stringtheory
Stringtheory
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 97

Back to top Go down

Post by Scyto Harmony Tue Feb 04, 2014 12:17 pm

Season 6 of Supernatural is getting sillier by the episode. I love it.
Scyto Harmony
Scyto Harmony
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 155

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by OneMoreDaySK Tue Feb 04, 2014 12:24 pm

CamoBadger wrote:
OneMoreDaySK wrote:
CamoBadger wrote:
I'm the same.

Eh, too much effort. I'll just stick to playing my old ass yellow version.

Heh, either that or go get a remake of your game. Then you wouldn't have to worry about the battery dying out. And if I recall correctly, you don't have to catch mons to get data on them anymore, since there are so many of them out there.

On that note, anyone know how big the battles the new versions have? 3v3?
OneMoreDaySK
OneMoreDaySK
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 04, 2014 12:25 pm

OneMoreDaySK wrote:Edit: apparently Ruby-Sapphire-Emerald also has an internal battery for clock time, though I don't recall a day-night cycle.

It doesn't have one. I think it just needs the time for Umbreon and Espeon.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 04, 2014 12:26 pm

OneMoreDaySK wrote:

Yup, two diferent kinds of 3v3. Triple battles and rotation. Rotation is the funner of the two.

Back to top Go down

Post by CamoBadger Tue Feb 04, 2014 12:33 pm

stringtheory wrote:The future is so very close...: Sponge-based gunshot wound sealer.
Could the combat medic on this forum (Camo, right?) give his opinion on how practical this would actually be in the field?
Honestly, it seems like a good idea, but it has some flaws that worry me.
On the plus side, the chemical they lace it with is already in use and is proven to be very effective at halting both venous and arterial bleeding, so of course they would stick with it. The speed the sponges expand is also great because the quicker you can stop bleeding the better, so I definitely like that effect. For a regular gunshot, this sounds amazing, and they were even kind enough to make the syringe about the size of a typical gunshot wound.

Now, on the downside.
My biggest concern is that it still won't do any good for shots to the torso. You can't fix a chest-wound by shoving gauze or anything else into it, so these sponges still won't help with that. And getting shot in the gut, these won't do any good because there's just too much space they could fall into. If the bullet goes through the intestines, then pushing these sponges in will probably cause them to float on through the digestive tract and clog them up, which would be a minor issue with a gunshot involved, but after surgery to seal the wound it could end very badly if they didn't catch that some of them were blocking the intestines off.
Another issue I see is that if you have only a small wound that the syringe can't fit into. Either a) you can shove it in and cause a huge amount of pain, which is probably what I would do, or b) pack it with gauze causing the same amount of pain. Either way, I can guaruntee you have to put the end of the syringe as close to the split artery as possible, otherwise it won't work effectively. If you can't get it close enough, then it seems like the sponges would seal up the wound, but the artery would be left surrounded by a gap that it can still bleed into and likely continue until someone caught the internal bleeding, and that's already hard enough when you don't think this awesome little tool stopped the bleeding for you. This would only be magnified if the round bounced off the bone and split an artery internally somewhere else in the limb, which you would never know if you just squirted sponges out of a syringe, where you would feel the extra tunnel caused by the bounced round when packing gauze with your fingers.

So yes, I think it has its uses like every other medical tool, but it would be pretty limited and very dangerous to new medics who may see it as a cure-all to any gunshot wound you can shove it in. It's great to see that medical technology is getting close to future levels as well, and hopefully this can soon lead to some kind of hemostatic gel that would solve a couple of the issues I pointed out above.
CamoBadger
CamoBadger
Royal Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Tytan Tue Feb 04, 2014 12:42 pm

CamoBadger wrote:
stringtheory wrote:The future is so very close...: Sponge-based gunshot wound sealer.
Honestly, it seems like a good idea, but it has some flaws that worry me.
On the plus side, the chemical they lace it with is already in use and is proven to be very effective at halting both venous and arterial bleeding, so of course they would stick with it. The speed the sponges expand is also great because the quicker you can stop bleeding the better, so I definitely like that effect. For a regular gunshot, this sounds amazing, and they were even kind enough to make the syringe about the size of a typical gunshot wound.

Now, on the downside.
My biggest concern is that it still won't do any good for shots to the torso. You can't fix a chest-wound by shoving gauze or anything else into it, so these sponges still won't help with that. And getting shot in the gut, these won't do any good because there's just too much space they could fall into. If the bullet goes through the intestines, then pushing these sponges in will probably cause them to float on through the digestive tract and clog them up, which would be a minor issue with a gunshot involved, but after surgery to seal the wound it could end very badly if they didn't catch that some of them were blocking the intestines off.
Another issue I see is that if you have only a small wound that the syringe can't fit into. Either a) you can shove it in and cause a huge amount of pain, which is probably what I would do, or b) pack it with gauze causing the same amount of pain. Either way, I can guaruntee you have to put the end of the syringe as close to the split artery as possible, otherwise it won't work effectively. If you can't get it close enough, then it seems like the sponges would seal up the wound, but the artery would be left surrounded by a gap that it can still bleed into and likely continue until someone caught the internal bleeding, and that's already hard enough when you don't think this awesome little tool stopped the bleeding for you. This would only be magnified if the round bounced off the bone and split an artery internally somewhere else in the limb, which you would never know if you just squirted sponges out of a syringe, where you would feel the extra tunnel caused by the bounced round when packing gauze with your fingers.

So yes, I think it has its uses like every other medical tool, but it would be pretty limited and very dangerous to new medics who may see it as a cure-all to any gunshot wound you can shove it in. It's great to see that medical technology is getting close to future levels as well, and hopefully this can soon lead to some kind of hemostatic gel that would solve a couple of the issues I pointed out above.

I'd be more concerned about the medics vomiting when the put the sponges in and it starts to look like fucking wriggling worms covered in blood.
Tytan
Tytan
The Great Bait Hunter

Brohoof! : 429

Character List:
Name: Clock / Viktor
Sex: Female / Male
Species: Unicorn / Sand Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 04, 2014 12:45 pm

I don't know about that Ty. I still remember that image Camo posted of that soldier with his legs blown off.

Back to top Go down

Post by OneMoreDaySK Tue Feb 04, 2014 12:46 pm

Last wrote:
OneMoreDaySK wrote:

Yup, two diferent kinds of 3v3. Triple battles and rotation. Rotation is the funner of the two.

*waits for the game where the do full 6v6* Insanity at its finest.
OneMoreDaySK
OneMoreDaySK
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by CamoBadger Tue Feb 04, 2014 12:46 pm

Tytan wrote:
I'd be more concerned about the medics vomiting when the put the sponges in and it starts to look like fucking wriggling worms covered in blood.
Eh, wouldn't be as bad as the rotted finger this one dude had.
CamoBadger
CamoBadger
Royal Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Tytan Tue Feb 04, 2014 12:47 pm

Last wrote:I don't know about that Ty. I still remember that image Camo posted of that soldier with his legs blown off.

For some reason the thought of pseudo-worms wriggling in a wound is a little more stomach churning than a missing leg.
Tytan
Tytan
The Great Bait Hunter

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Tytan Tue Feb 04, 2014 12:51 pm

Guard's most least favorite team:
Tytan
Tytan
The Great Bait Hunter

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 04, 2014 12:53 pm

Tytan wrote:
Guard's most least favorite team:

Goddammit Tytan. All my rage.

At least it wasn't Whitney and her goddamn miltank.

Back to top Go down

Post by CamoBadger Tue Feb 04, 2014 12:55 pm

Last wrote:
Goddammit Tytan. All my rage.

At least it wasn't Whitney and her goddamn miltank.
[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 30 0d939574
CamoBadger
CamoBadger
Royal Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Stringtheory Tue Feb 04, 2014 12:59 pm

CamoBadger wrote:but after surgery to seal the wound it could end very badly if they didn't catch that some of them were blocking the intestines off.
Well, the sponges would show up on a x-ray due to the x-shape on them somehow, but yeah that would be a huge problem if the sponges ended up blocking an intestine.
CamoBadger wrote:Another issue I see is that if you have only a small wound that the syringe can't fit into.
Well the company is planning on making a smaller 12mm version alongside the regular 30mm version, so there'd be more than one size of syringe, plus they're designing an expanding gauze for covering larger wounds.

CamoBadger wrote:So yes, I think it has its uses like every other medical tool, but it would be pretty limited and very dangerous to new medics who may see it as a cure-all to any gunshot wound you can shove it in. It's great to see that medical technology is getting close to future levels as well, and hopefully this can soon lead to some kind of hemostatic gel that would solve a couple of the issues I pointed out above.
Thanks for sharing your professional opinion! We're getting close to future levels now, I wonder how science fiction will shift when we reach 'future levels'?
Stringtheory
Stringtheory
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 97

Back to top Go down

Post by Moodyman90 Tue Feb 04, 2014 1:02 pm

That Milktank  ruined the day of many a player. Especially in the remakes where not even ghost types could save you.
Moodyman90
Moodyman90
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 163

Character List:
Name: Moody Blues/ Moodstone
Sex: Male/ Male
Species: Earth Pony/ Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by CamoBadger Tue Feb 04, 2014 1:06 pm

Moodyman90 wrote:That Milktank  ruined the day of many a player. Especially in the remakes where not even ghost types could save you.
It was even worse when I got a tokepi.
She managed to get Copy or whatever on her metronome, so she copied rollout.

That fucking Miltank has the most powerful rollout ever. My lvl 23 tokepi couldn't do even a quarter of the damage that thing did. It is the spawn of satan, the destroyer of gameboys, the bane of all things good and holy.
CamoBadger
CamoBadger
Royal Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Moodyman90 Tue Feb 04, 2014 1:10 pm

And yet, I've never been able to replicate it. Has anybody else tried?
Moodyman90
Moodyman90
Draconequus

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 04, 2014 1:15 pm

Moodyman90 wrote:And yet, I've never been able to replicate it. Has anybody else tried?

No. But I don't think I could try now. It's wiggly ass nipples creep me out in the new games.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Tue Feb 04, 2014 1:23 pm

I finally got around to making a visual representation of one of my OC's, Midnight Storm, in Pony Creator. Just looking at that game is shameful because of how many terrible, terrible OC's get cranked out by that thing. Anyway, here's the link.

She's my most fleshed-out character, and she's loosely based on Lilith from Fallout Equestria: Starlight.

Ironmonger
Daemon Prince of Bad Puns

Brohoof! : 290

Character List:
Name: Cast Iron
Sex: Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Moodyman90 Tue Feb 04, 2014 1:26 pm

Last wrote:
Moodyman90 wrote:And yet, I've never been able to replicate it. Has anybody else tried?

No. But I don't think I could try now. It's wiggly ass nipples creep me out in the new games.
I told you man. Pokemon with jiggle physics, no thank you.
Moodyman90
Moodyman90
Draconequus

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by CamoBadger Tue Feb 04, 2014 1:28 pm

Moodyman90 wrote:
Last wrote:

I told you man. Pokemon with jiggle physics, no thank you.
Just remember: Somewhere, someone, sometime, is fapping to them.
CamoBadger
CamoBadger
Royal Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 04, 2014 1:31 pm

Have you beaten the game mood? We should battle.

Back to top Go down

Post by Moodyman90 Tue Feb 04, 2014 1:39 pm

Not yet. Got sidetracked again with catching mons in an area I skipped over and crossbreeding berries.
Moodyman90
Moodyman90
Draconequus

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 04, 2014 1:55 pm

I think you and Robo are at about the same spot. If he and Guard are up for it we could try multibattles. Should be bout even.

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Tue Feb 04, 2014 2:41 pm

I've beaten the game. Right now I'm just dicking around and crossbreeding berries. I just need one more pair and I have all the crossbred sets.

I still need to beat Guard in a battle.
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 717

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 30 of 31 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31  Next