Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

+19
Derpmind
Aonee
Kattlarv
Admiral Stoic Rum
O. Hinds
Ironmonger
cb5
Valikdu
Scyto Harmony
Stringtheory
Katarn
iLateralGX
Moodyman90
RoboRed
Kippershy
Frost
Tytan
Harmony Ltd.
CamoBadger
23 posters

Page 2 of 32 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17 ... 32  Next

Go down

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 2 Empty Re: [Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

Post by Harmony Ltd. Wed Sep 25, 2013 2:48 pm

The Kevinsano one, or something else ?
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 543

Back to top Go down

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 2 Empty Re: [Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

Post by Ironmonger Wed Sep 25, 2013 2:53 pm

>Holds up a sign reading "SEND PLZ!"

Ironmonger
Daemon Prince of Bad Puns

Brohoof! : 290

Character List:
Name: Cast Iron
Sex: Male
Species: Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Wed Sep 25, 2013 3:06 pm

http://dalf.tumblr.com/post/33264910687/internet-copypasta-about-england-read-aloud-by-an
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Wed Sep 25, 2013 3:12 pm

Harmony wrote:I was thinking : "you know, it'd be cool if we actually had the capability to move troops in sub-orbital shuttles, from any one point of the globe to another, in less than 50 minutes".
An idea I had for the RPG universe my group is currently in"
Spoiler:

Harmony wrote:But then I realized that in time of war / heightened international tensions, people seeing sub-orbital objects flying on an interception course with their territories might be seen as the opening stage of a nuclear attack through ICBMs...

Let's just say that there's some potential for things to go wrong there.
This was, IIRC, the reason that proposal for MIRV kinetic-kill Trident missiles wasn't implemented.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Brohoof! : 383

Character List:
Name: Ris Haends Aeronauticus
Species: Zebra

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Wed Sep 25, 2013 3:18 pm

So, after some time and discussion, it's generally agreeable that I managed to fix the original Fallout Equestria, apparently.
People are honestly taking up my clopfic as headcanon to 'fix' issues they've had with the original story.
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Brohoof! : 121

Character List:
Name: Crimson Wings / Cherry Sundae
Sex: Male / Female
Species: Pegasus / Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Moodyman90 Wed Sep 25, 2013 3:24 pm

I... wha? Your LittlepipXRedEye clopfic "fixed" Fallout Equestria?

I gotta wonder if it's because it's Littlepip and Red Eye, or just the fact it's Littlepip and any stallion. Can't say I agree cause the problems I have stem from maters not related to either of those two sexual encounters but eh.

Congrats I guess?

I know you didn't mean for that to happen, but the fact people are saying that kinda amazes me.
Moodyman90
Moodyman90
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 163

Character List:
Name: Moody Blues/ Moodstone
Sex: Male/ Male
Species: Earth Pony/ Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Wed Sep 25, 2013 3:26 pm

I suppose, or rather hope, it is due to matters separate from this aspect and touched upon in the short-fic.

Maybe ?

I haven't read it yet.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by CamoBadger Wed Sep 25, 2013 3:28 pm

He's referring to issues regarding how Pip got the bomb, and why Red Eye acted the way he did in his last scene.
(Yes, I am one of those people)
CamoBadger
CamoBadger
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 588

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Wed Sep 25, 2013 3:30 pm

That's what I was suspecting, yes.

This would pose... interesting implications. Heh Rose Eye ? Spike
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by cb5 Wed Sep 25, 2013 3:34 pm

Harmony Ltd. wrote:I suppose, or rather hope, it is due to matters separate from this aspect and touched upon in the short-fic.

Maybe ?

I haven't read it yet.
We're talking about a fan universe that has fanfics based on fanfics based on fanfics based on fanfics to the point xzibit would tell you went to far. I think debating what's canon broke down several meta layers ago.

A year or so from now when project horizons is probably finishing up, murky is finished and all the popular ones are finished we're probably going to have popular fanfics based on those fanfics and when those fanfics end we're going to have fanfics based on those fanfics.

My guess is a year from now we're probably going to have fallout equestria: the enclave civil war, and a year after that we're probably going to wind up with fallout equestria: new canterlot and a year after that we're probably going to have fallout equestria: ghosts of the wasteland or something.
cb5
cb5
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 19

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Wed Sep 25, 2013 3:38 pm

Well, I was already contemplating reading this, but now I may have to.

Harmony Ltd. wrote:This would pose... interesting implications. Heh Rose Eye ? Spike
Indeed.  As soon as Kippershy announced the concept, the image of her grinding her teeth popped into my head.  Though she didn't actually hate LittlePip until after LittlePip "betrayed" Red Eye, so how she felt at the time... well, I probably do have to read the fic.  :)
(This is assuming that she knows about it at all, of course.)
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Moodyman90 Wed Sep 25, 2013 3:40 pm

Ah. Well I guess I can see that then. Course I never cared much about that, accept the "high off her tits with Party Time Mentats" for Littlepip being able to talk her way into getting the bomb (Cause I would have tried the same damn thing in Fallout if the option was available and my Intelligence, Charisma, Speech and Science was too low without them), and the general flaw all villains seem to have of underestimating just what the hero is going to do regardless of if any action both sides took are logical and/or intelligent or not.
Moodyman90
Moodyman90
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 163

Character List:
Name: Moody Blues/ Moodstone
Sex: Male/ Male
Species: Earth Pony/ Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by cb5 Wed Sep 25, 2013 3:41 pm

You know has kkat made any other stories besides FoE?
cb5
cb5
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Wed Sep 25, 2013 3:45 pm

Moodyman90 wrote:I... wha? Your LittlepipXRedEye clopfic "fixed" Fallout Equestria?

I gotta wonder if it's because it's Littlepip and Red Eye, or just the fact it's Littlepip and any stallion. Can't say I agree cause the problems I have stem from maters not related to either of those two sexual encounters but eh.

Congrats I guess?

I know you didn't mean for that to happen, but the fact people are saying that kinda amazes me.
It's my exact same reaction too. I wrote it in such a way that I worked on explaining how it might come to happen if it was to do so, but I never expected it to become so popular as it rapidly did.
I never expected it to change peoples minds on matters either, but it has, and that too amazes me.

O. Hinds wrote:Well, I was already contemplating reading this, but now I may have to.

Harmony Ltd. wrote:This would pose... interesting implications. Heh Rose Eye ? Spike
Indeed.  As soon as Kippershy announced the concept, the image of her grinding her teeth popped into my head.  Though she didn't actually hate LittlePip until after LittlePip "betrayed" Red Eye, so how she felt at the time... well, I probably do have to read the fic.  :)
(This is assuming that she knows about it at all, of course.)
Sorry to have to ask, but who is Rose Eye? I've never once heard of 'em.
Anyway, I'll send you the link for if you want it.
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Wed Sep 25, 2013 3:54 pm

Kippershy wrote:Sorry to have to ask, but who is Rose Eye? I've never once heard of 'em.
She's someone from my headcanon. The details are in the headcanon thread, but, basically, she's one of Red Eye's followers who led her people, including a large number of Red Eye's foals, south to the Moojave to found the Rose Banner, and she really hates LittlePip (who she sees as being a stupid kid who's the only reason that Red Eye's glorious vision didn't come to pass).

Kippershy wrote:Anyway, I'll send you the link for if you want it.
I thought you said that it was on FIMFiction? If it's not there, though, then yes, please send me the link (by email, of course). Thanks.

…Ah, I see that you already sent it to me in a PM. That's okay, but… do I need to make the text in my signature bigger or something? It doesn't seem to be working.

Anyway, I'm busy at the moment, but I hope to get to this soon.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Wed Sep 25, 2013 3:56 pm

Rose Eye is from that headcanon exercise Hinds, I and some others have going on.

She's one of the kids Red Eye took upon himself to educate to rule the new world he was creating, and is "currently" (30 years after the Day of Sunshine and Rainbows) one of the big thorns in the side of the New Canterlot Republic, being at the head of a group of... not exactly raiders, but not far off from that, in the south of the peninsula.

And the basis for the joke is that Rose Eye has an absolute hatred of Littlepip, and an absolute admiration for Red Eye.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Wed Sep 25, 2013 4:11 pm

Kippershy wrote:So, after some time and discussion, it's generally agreeable that I managed to fix the original Fallout Equestria, apparently.
People are honestly taking up my clopfic as headcanon to 'fix' issues they've had with the original story.
I think I laughed way too hard at this. That's fucking unbelievable and amazing.Chicken
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 717

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Wed Sep 25, 2013 4:15 pm

O. Hinds wrote:
Kippershy wrote:Sorry to have to ask, but who is Rose Eye? I've never once heard of 'em.
She's someone from my headcanon.  The details are in the headcanon thread, but, basically, she's one of Red Eye's followers who led her people, including a large number of Red Eye's foals, south to the Moojave to found the Rose Banner, and she really hates LittlePip (who she sees as being a stupid kid who's the only reason that Red Eye's glorious vision didn't come to pass).

I thought you said that it was on FIMFiction?  If it's not there, though, then yes, please send me the link (by email, of course).  Thanks.

…Ah, I see that you already sent it to me in a PM.  That's okay, but… do I need to make the text in my signature bigger or something?  It doesn't seem to be working.

Ah, fair play @ Rose Eye. Also, yes, it is available through FimFic and I forgot that myself. It's actually a "chapter" with a link to the story proper, but yeah, it's there.
Also, sorry, I don't often pay attention to signatures. My bad.
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Wed Sep 25, 2013 4:15 pm

*jizz*:
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by iLateralGX Wed Sep 25, 2013 4:19 pm

RoboRed wrote:
*jizz*:
Oh my.. I just absolutely love everything Koenigsegg makes! Fabulousness + Performance = YUM
iLateralGX
iLateralGX
Ursa Minor

Brohoof! : 16

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Wed Sep 25, 2013 4:20 pm

Also Robobait: http://jalopnik.com/detroits-newest-muscle-car-is-a-mash-up-of-every-great-1385330876?utm_campaign=socialflow_jalopnik_facebook&utm_source=jalopnik_facebook&utm_medium=socialflow
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by iLateralGX Wed Sep 25, 2013 4:22 pm

I would definitely count that as bait for me as well. *drools*
iLateralGX
iLateralGX
Ursa Minor

Brohoof! : 16

Back to top Go down

Post by CamoBadger Wed Sep 25, 2013 4:25 pm

RoboRed wrote:Also Robobait: http://jalopnik.com/detroits-newest-muscle-car-is-a-mash-up-of-every-great-1385330876?utm_campaign=socialflow_jalopnik_facebook&utm_source=jalopnik_facebook&utm_medium=socialflow
OH SWEET MOTHER OF CELESTIA AND LUNA
CamoBadger
CamoBadger
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 588

Back to top Go down

Post by cb5 Wed Sep 25, 2013 4:27 pm

O. Hinds wrote:
She's someone from my headcanon.  The details are in the headcanon thread, but, basically, she's one of Red Eye's followers who led her people, including a large number of Red Eye's foals, south to the Moojave to found the Rose Banner, and she really hates LittlePip (who she sees as being a stupid kid who's the only reason that Red Eye's glorious vision didn't come to pass).

I thought you said that it was on FIMFiction?  If it's not there, though, then yes, please send me the link (by email, of course).  Thanks.

…Ah, I see that you already sent it to me in a PM.  That's okay, but… do I need to make the text in my signature bigger or something?  It doesn't seem to be working.

Me personally I'm not all that into FoE anymore. Like the only ones I still read are PH and heroes. The reason being is that some of the FoE tropes are getting way overdone to the point it's extremely cliche and everyone is constantly fighting over what's canon to FoE lore and what's not.

Reasons why I've lost interest in the FoE universe:
1)The villain is a clone of red eye.
2)The hero is a clone of littlepip.
3)The story is a clone of FoE.
4)The story revolves around a self insert of the writer. Also yeah it's really obvious when the writer just takes their personality and just crams it into a fanfic's hero.
5)The main character is a mary sue.
6)The tropes are getting done to death.
7)A lot of the stories are extremely cliche.
8 )The writer is relying on trying to tie it in as much as they can possibly do with FoE so people don't notice their shortcomings. The good thing about Project Horizons is that even if FoE never existed and project horizons was still created it would still be a good fanfic. Try to make your fanfic work as a standalone story that just happens to tie into FoE.
9)It reads like something out of a rp thread.
10)Alicorn protagonists are ungodly OP.
11)It reads like a doujinshi
12)When the writer doesn't think about how the story will eventually end and instead the story bumbles along and as a result the ending just pops out of nowhere with no conflict resolution.
13)There's no clear storyline. What I mean by that is instead of having a overall story to it the story is just a bunch of story arcs slapped together. There's nothing wrong with fillers or such, rather when the entire story is nothing but filler.
14)The story relies on Deus Ex Machina one after another for conflict resolution.
15)They forget that the underlying theme of FoE is that the road to hell is filled with good intentions.

That's not to say I don't like FoE anymore, that's just saying I don't like cliche FoE stories anymore cause I've seen too many people take the character of littlepip and slap her with a new name and a new name for the story and call it their own story.
cb5
cb5
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Wed Sep 25, 2013 4:31 pm

@Kippershy:
Well, from the beginning, it's not compatible with part of PH (and possibly part of MN7) that I consider canon, so I can't add it fully to my headcanon.

Having finished it… It was okay, I guess? Sorry, but I don't really see why people would be saying that this fixes FoE. I also skimmed over the sex, which seemed to come more or less out of nowhere (as is not unexpected for a fic of this nature); I was reading it for the information, anyway.

Harmony wrote:one of the big thorns in the side of the New Canterlot Republic
Hm, I wouldn't say that. As far as I know, the NCR hasn't started expanding into the Moojave yet, and Rose Eye wants to be in as strong a position as possible before she starts launching terror strikes. If the NCR is already expanding into the Moojave, though, then yeah, the Banner is providing the primary opposition.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Wed Sep 25, 2013 4:36 pm

cb5 wrote:
O. Hinds wrote:

Me personally I'm not all that into FoE anymore.  Like the only ones I still read are PH and heroes.  The reason being is that some of the FoE tropes are getting way overdone to the point it's extremely cliche and everyone is constantly fighting over what's canon to FoE lore and what's not.

Reasons why I've lost interest in the FoE universe:
1)The villain is a clone of red eye.
2)The hero is a clone of littlepip.
3)The story is a clone of FoE.
4)The story revolves around a self insert of the writer.  Also yeah it's really obvious when the writer just takes their personality and just crams it into a fanfic's hero.
5)The main character is a mary sue.
6)The tropes are getting done to death.
7)A lot of the stories are extremely cliche.
8 )The writer is relying on trying to tie it in as much as they can possibly do with FoE so people don't notice their shortcomings.  The good thing about Project Horizons is that even if FoE never existed and project horizons was still created it would still be a good fanfic.  Try to make your fanfic work as a standalone story that just happens to tie into FoE.
9)It reads like something out of a rp thread.
10)Alicorn protagonists are ungodly OP.
11)It reads like a doujinshi
12)When the writer doesn't think about how the story will eventually end and instead the story bumbles along and as a result the ending just pops out of nowhere with no conflict resolution.
13)There's no clear storyline.  What I mean by that is instead of having a overall story to it the story is just a bunch of story arcs slapped together.  There's nothing wrong with fillers or such, rather when the entire story is nothing but filler.
14)The story relies on Deus Ex Machina one after another for conflict resolution.
15)They forget that the underlying theme of FoE is that the road to hell is filled with good intentions.

That's not to say I don't like FoE anymore, that's just saying I don't like cliche FoE stories anymore cause I've seen too many people take the character of littlepip and slap her with a new name and a new name for the story and call it their own story.
Hm. Out of curiosity what do you think of MN7 and ATR? Or Wasteland Bouquet? Morality of Property or The Daily Unlife (though those two haven't updated too recently)?
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Wed Sep 25, 2013 4:40 pm

O. Hinds wrote:
Harmony wrote:one of the big thorns in the side of the New Canterlot Republic
Hm, I wouldn't say that.  As far as I know, the NCR hasn't started expanding into the Moojave yet, and Rose Eye wants to be in as strong a position as possible before she starts launching terror strikes.  If the NCR is already expanding into the Moojave, though, then yeah, the Banner is providing the primary opposition.
Let's say it was a was a simplification and leave it at that Applebloom 

Spoiler:
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Wed Sep 25, 2013 4:43 pm

@CB5

You'll probably like my side-fic, then, because it avoids all of that.

Now I just need to get the damnable thing written. Twilight 

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Tytan Wed Sep 25, 2013 4:44 pm

On another note, this is adorable.:
Tytan
Tytan
The Great Bait Hunter

Brohoof! : 429

Character List:
Name: Clock / Viktor
Sex: Female / Male
Species: Unicorn / Sand Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Wed Sep 25, 2013 4:47 pm

Tytan wrote:
On another note, this is adorable.:
That looks like the worst case of gonorrhea ever.

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 32 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17 ... 32  Next