Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

+20
O. Hinds
Meleagridis
Stringtheory
Valikdu
Kattlarv
Derpmind
WovenTales
Harmony Ltd.
Ketchup
Ironmonger
Moodyman90
Aonee
Tytan
cb5
tylertoon2
Scyto Harmony
RoboRed
Frost
Katarn
Kippershy
24 posters

Page 30 of 32 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31, 32  Next

Go down

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 30 Empty Re: [Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

Post by Frost Thu Sep 05, 2013 8:57 pm

Harmony Ltd. wrote:Remember when we were talking about "rape culture" ?

http://www.wired.com/underwire/2013/09/penny-arcade-expo-dickwolves/
Are you familiar with the term "Confirmation Bias", Harmony? Because virtually all the articles you've linked on the matter are from the same viewpoint--that rape is some absolute taboo that has to be handled with the same care as an active landmine, less thousands of lives be ruined and dozens of normal people flip and turn into ravaging monsters.

I would also seek to familiarize you with the term "Beating a dead horse", because everyone but you dropped this topic about a day after it was brought up the first time.
Frost
Frost
Crazed Gun-Toting 'Murican

Brohoof! : 503

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 30 Empty Re: [Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

Post by Harmony Ltd. Thu Sep 05, 2013 9:04 pm

Regarding confirmation bias, I know of the concept, yes. If you are of another opinion, you are welcome to bring it up if you so wish, and maybe we could have an healthy discussion on the subject.

If however you are not interested in it, then nothing stops you from not taking part in it, and to skip the posts you find uninteresting.

As for the beating of dead animals, look back at my signature.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 543

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Thu Sep 05, 2013 9:18 pm

I've made my feelings quite clear on the subject, and I have little interest in dredging the discussion back up unless you'd like to have the same discussion again. If not, then let's move right along.
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Thu Sep 05, 2013 9:23 pm

So be it.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 543

Back to top Go down

Post by cb5 Thu Sep 05, 2013 9:23 pm

*edit*
Whoops, posted after you guys.
cb5
cb5
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 19

Back to top Go down

Post by Kattlarv Thu Sep 05, 2013 10:02 pm

Mwahaha! Both my Rarity and Celestia+Twilight plots has been finished now... now all I need to wait for is the finale.

@EP: (Sunset) Personally disappoint on how many that make her a male in 18+ art.

And woo! Almost done with two of my fics! ... none are which I've anticipated... but yay?
Kattlarv
Kattlarv
Hydra

Brohoof! : 27

Character List:
Name: Dewflower
Sex: Female-ish
Species: Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by cb5 Thu Sep 05, 2013 10:07 pm

Kattlarv wrote:Mwahaha! Both my Rarity and Celestia+Twilight plots has been finished now... now all I need to wait for is the finale.

@EP: (Sunset) Personally disappoint on how many that make her a male in 18+ art.
I swing both ways so I don't mind when people do this.
cb5
cb5
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Stringtheory Thu Sep 05, 2013 10:13 pm

Kattlarv wrote:Mwahaha! Both my Rarity and Celestia+Twilight plots has been finished now... now all I need to wait for is the finale.

And woo! Almost done with two of my fics! ... none are which I've anticipated... but yay?
I know I found you on FIMfiction, but now I've forgotten it, care to remind me?
Stringtheory
Stringtheory
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 97

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Thu Sep 05, 2013 10:24 pm

cb5 wrote:

A disproportionate number of us here on the forum seem to swing both ways.

I personally, am not opposed to R63 art, so long as all parties are actually R63. Making just one of the parties R63 for the purpose of making it heterosexual as opposed to lesbian or, god forbid, male homosexual, is just weird and rather unfortunate.
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by cb5 Thu Sep 05, 2013 10:39 pm

Mister Frost wrote:
cb5 wrote:

If you read alfred kinsey's research into human sexuality you'll know why.  Short version far more people have homosexual or bisexual tendencies than the number of people that are openly bisexual or homosexual.  I think he reported as high as about 3 out of 20 people had bisexual or homosexual tendencies.  The reason why is that if you openly ask someone "are you gay or bisexual?" a lot of people will outright deny it.  If you ask a bunch of questions about their sexuality it's WAY higher than if you just outright ask them.  The reason is pretty simple they constantly buy ferry tickets down de nile.

The reason why it seems so disproportionate is the generation to just just reach adulthood is the first generation in a long time where being homosexual or bisexual was not the ultimate social taboo by your peers.

San Fransisco is the city in the usa with the highest rate of glbt being around ~10%, but glbt are not actually flocking like birds to the city.  The most logical explanation is that the city just does not have the social taboo against glbt.

Tl:dr; It's not disproportionate rather the majority of the people on here are part of the age group where the social stigma against being glbt is losing it's grip on society and thus more people accept their sexuality and thus it seems disproportionate.
cb5
cb5
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Thu Sep 05, 2013 10:54 pm

cb5 wrote:
Mister Frost wrote:
cb5 wrote:

If you read alfred kinsey's research into human sexuality you'll know why.  Short version far more people have homosexual or bisexual tendencies than the number of people that are openly bisexual or homosexual.  I think he reported as high as about 3 out of 20 people had bisexual or homosexual tendencies.  The reason why is that if you openly ask someone "are you gay or bisexual?" a lot of people will outright deny it.  If you ask a bunch of questions about their sexuality it's WAY higher than if you just outright ask them.  The reason is pretty simple they constantly buy ferry tickets down de nile.

The reason why it seems so disproportionate is the generation to just just reach adulthood is the first generation in a long time where being homosexual or bisexual was not the ultimate social taboo by your peers.

San Fransisco is the city in the usa with the highest rate of glbt being around ~10%, but glbt are not actually flocking like birds to the city.  The most logical explanation is that the city just does not have the social taboo against glbt.

Tl:dr; It's not disproportionate rather the majority of the people on here are part of the age group where the social stigma against being glbt is losing it's grip on society and thus more people accept their sexuality and thus it seems disproportionate.
I'm aware that most people, according to Kinsey's research, fall between 0 and 6 on the scale (having a degree of attraction to both genders rather than being exclusively attracted to one gender) but most still profess to exclusive heterosexuality or exclusive homosexuality (obviously more to the former) but it's up for debate whether that's due to most peoples' same-sex attraction being so small as to be easily dismissed, or if it is, as you mentioned, repression. Much fiction set in the future portrays bisexuality as the norm, incidentally.
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by cb5 Thu Sep 05, 2013 11:00 pm

Mister Frost wrote:I'm aware that most people, according to Kinsey's research, fall between 0 and 6 on the scale (having a degree of attraction to both genders rather than being exclusively attracted to one gender) but most still profess to exclusive heterosexuality or exclusive homosexuality (obviously more to the former) but it's up for debate whether that's due to most peoples' same-sex attraction being so small as to be easily dismissed, or if it is, as you mentioned, repression. Much fiction set in the future portrays bisexuality as the norm, incidentally.
Actually funny story.  Back in the days of ancient greece and such it was considered weird to be exclusively straight.  Like if you walked into Sparta and went, "I'm straight" they'd be like, "dafuq?"
cb5
cb5
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Thu Sep 05, 2013 11:06 pm

cb5 wrote:
Mister Frost wrote:I'm aware that most people, according to Kinsey's research, fall between 0 and 6 on the scale (having a degree of attraction to both genders rather than being exclusively attracted to one gender) but most still profess to exclusive heterosexuality or exclusive homosexuality (obviously more to the former) but it's up for debate whether that's due to most peoples' same-sex attraction being so small as to be easily dismissed, or if it is, as you mentioned, repression. Much fiction set in the future portrays bisexuality as the norm, incidentally.
Actually funny story.  Back in the days of ancient greece and such it was considered weird to be exclusively straight.  Like if you walked into Sparta and went, "I'm straight" they'd be like, "dafuq?"
Even later than that. Richard 'The Lionheart', for instance, was most likely bisexual
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Moodyman90 Thu Sep 05, 2013 11:08 pm

Yeah, you wasn't considered a real man if you only wanted to have sex with women. REAL men had sex with just about everything.

The line in the movie 300 about how the men of Athens was "boy lovers" was just as true for Sparta than anywhere else. Sparta is also the place where if you wasn't strong or smart enough to bed your chosen mate, you could pay a stronger guy to do it for you.
Moodyman90
Moodyman90
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 163

Character List:
Name: Moody Blues/ Moodstone
Sex: Male/ Male
Species: Earth Pony/ Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by cb5 Thu Sep 05, 2013 11:12 pm

Mister Frost wrote:
cb5 wrote:
Even later than that. Richard 'The Lionheart', for instance, was most likely bisexual
I just remembered something there's some debate over whether or not James Buchanan was gay and whether or not he was intimate with his vice president.  The reason being is they shared their house and if you read the letters the two sent back and forth it's REALLY suspect.  I don't know whether or not I'm reading a letter of correspondence on politics to the reader or someone's trying to seduce me.
cb5
cb5
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Thu Sep 05, 2013 11:18 pm

cb5 wrote:  I don't know whether or not I'm reading a letter of correspondence on politics to the reader or someone's trying to seduce me.
#Bill Clinton
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Thu Sep 05, 2013 11:41 pm

Harmony Ltd. wrote:
O. Hinds wrote:
Harmony Ltd. wrote:You know, I'd like to see the "Pentagon War" version making fun of the JSF program, ten to twenty years from now.
Hey, yeah!

Also, funny that this should come up now; we'll be watching "The Pentagon Wars" next week in my Systems Engineering class (though I've already seen it).
"Wait, it is single-engined ?"
"Yes, and don't ask about how much payload it can carry."
Hah!
"But hey, look at the tradeoff: VTOL and supersonic capability in the same plane! Well, in one variant. Once we finish ironing out the bugs..."
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Brohoof! : 383

Character List:
Name: Ris Haends Aeronauticus
Sex: Male
Species: Zebra

Back to top Go down

Post by StoneSlinger88 Thu Sep 05, 2013 11:50 pm

On the subject of sexuality, who knows? Might be we're moving into a time where, as individuals emotional attraction is starting to take over in our choices to a degree that it's outweighing the physical (what we'd generally have an attraction to), thus negating the need for strictly hetero/homosexual labels and attitudes.
StoneSlinger88
StoneSlinger88
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 47

Character List:
Name: Judge
Species: Earth Pony

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Fri Sep 06, 2013 12:04 am

I don't think that to be the case, honestly. Most people don't like a partner being too hairy/chubby/ect, so I think a feature as big as gender isn't something we're quite moving past yet.
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by StoneSlinger88 Fri Sep 06, 2013 12:11 am

Couldn't resist putting this here.
StoneSlinger88
StoneSlinger88
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 47

Character List:
Name: Judge
Species: Earth Pony

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Fri Sep 06, 2013 12:40 am

"I've murdered eighteen people, and I'm wanted in six states"
"I'll help you bury the bodies."
"I'm a serial arsonist."
"We'll get an asbestos-insulated house."
"I've given birth nine times. I can't afford abortion, so I just spread my legs above a wood chipper."
"We'll have a well-fertilized lawn."
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Tytan Fri Sep 06, 2013 2:13 am

Unfortunately I don't think it's from anything. Mad just has a way of telling a story with a picture like nobody else.
Tytan
Tytan
The Great Bait Hunter

Brohoof! : 429

Character List:
Name: Clock / Viktor
Sex: Female / Male
Species: Unicorn / Sand Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by Tytan Fri Sep 06, 2013 2:15 am

Blossomforth needs more love.:
Tytan
Tytan
The Great Bait Hunter

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by cb5 Fri Sep 06, 2013 2:27 am

Blossomforth is one of my favorite ponies.
cb5
cb5
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Tytan Fri Sep 06, 2013 2:29 am

Cb. You need an avatar. Who do you incorrectly believe is best pony?
Tytan
Tytan
The Great Bait Hunter

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Tytan Fri Sep 06, 2013 3:56 am

Colored Cubone:
Tytan
Tytan
The Great Bait Hunter

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Katarn Fri Sep 06, 2013 4:07 am

Nice one.
Katarn
Katarn
Soviet Bastard

Brohoof! : 351

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 06, 2013 4:15 am

Well, this is the most terrifying thing I've read recently. Remote possibility of transmission, yes, but I really do not like the idea of prion diseases. Ever since reading a novelization of that X-Files episode with Creutzfeldt-Jakob, it's been a pet fear.

Back to top Go down

Post by Valikdu Fri Sep 06, 2013 5:50 am

Tytan wrote:
Blossomforth needs more love.:
She has flexibility.

And CK has reach.:
Valikdu
Valikdu
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 192

Character List:
Name: Ion Storm
Sex: Female
Species: First One

Back to top Go down

Post by Kattlarv Fri Sep 06, 2013 11:10 am

@cb5+string+frost: Firstly, the "plot" part is actually pictures I arranged to have made xP One of which is a super obvious pun from season 3 none has made so far.a
Secondly, regarding r63, in that I include any addition of the male genitalia on a female character (and the counterpart happens too rarely to even mention) just for the sake of making it "straight" per say, or adding a penis so "they CAN have sex". But eh, I've ranted enough about how much I dislike plot convenience, ooc (oh gummy how I hate when people swap or apply certain personalities just because they changed gender) and cock worship.
And lastly: personally doubt anyone will "like" my new fics per say. One is just meant to be a satire or what to call it. Prodding fun at the generic porn norm and whatnot.

@EP: Ah, blossomforth, one of the few mares that can auto-lingate xD
Kattlarv
Kattlarv
Hydra

Brohoof! : 27

Character List:
Name: Dewflower
Sex: Female-ish
Species: Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 30 of 32 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31, 32  Next