Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

+20
O. Hinds
Meleagridis
Stringtheory
Valikdu
Kattlarv
Derpmind
WovenTales
Harmony Ltd.
Ketchup
Ironmonger
Moodyman90
Aonee
Tytan
cb5
tylertoon2
Scyto Harmony
RoboRed
Frost
Katarn
Kippershy
24 posters

Page 2 of 32 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17 ... 32  Next

Go down

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 2 Empty Re: [Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

Post by Moodyman90 Tue Aug 27, 2013 7:18 pm

I dare say we was in the same class then Frost.

Best I can do with Spanish is "Hello, my name is..." "I speak little Spanish and understand less." "This is my *family member here*" and various forms of "Damn it's hot/cold" "Go get something to drink", "Put it at the top/middle/bottom" and "Work faster/slower."

And once again, most of that came from working with others.
Moodyman90
Moodyman90
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 163

Character List:
Name: Moody Blues/ Moodstone
Sex: Male/ Male
Species: Earth Pony/ Unicorn

Back to top Go down

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 2 Empty Re: [Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

Post by Frost Tue Aug 27, 2013 7:25 pm

I understand "My name is...." "My birthday is......" and so much random, trivial shit about Mexican fucking food customs that I could open a damn restaurant. A restaurant no one gives a shit about.
Frost
Frost
Crazed Gun-Toting 'Murican

Brohoof! : 503

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Tue Aug 27, 2013 7:29 pm

The only language that I'm bothering to learn at the moment is German, because it's pretty useful and I find it relatively easy. I used to take French back in 8th grade, but I was never able to wrap my head around the grammar. Though, I may come back to it later.

Ironmonger
Daemon Prince of Bad Puns

Brohoof! : 290

Character List:
Name: Cast Iron
Sex: Male
Species: Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by cb5 Tue Aug 27, 2013 7:33 pm

Mister Frost wrote:I understand "My name is...." "My birthday is......" and so much random, trivial shit about Mexican fucking food customs that I could open a damn restaurant. A restaurant no one gives a shit about.
Ay, muchachos, necesite darle... un aviso... ¿Qué? ¿Por qué estoy hablando español? ¡Yo no puedo hablar español!
cb5
cb5
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 19

Back to top Go down

Post by Ketchup Tue Aug 27, 2013 7:49 pm

I know several basic questions, responses, and phrases in French, as well as some practical sentence structuring.

New Brunswick is the only administratively English-French province in Canada, Quebec is French and everywhere else is English. I recently went camping and passed through a community that had French flags all around, so there are people who are especially proud of their French heritage here. You don't see any other flags aside from the flag of New Brunswick and that of Canada as a whole.

I've never needed to interact with anyone who only speaks French, though.
Ketchup
Ketchup
The Condiment

Brohoof! : 114

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Tue Aug 27, 2013 7:59 pm

cb5 wrote:
Mister Frost wrote:I understand "My name is...." "My birthday is......" and so much random, trivial shit about Mexican fucking food customs that I could open a damn restaurant. A restaurant no one gives a shit about.
Ay, muchachos, necesite darle... un aviso... ¿Qué? ¿Por qué estoy hablando español? ¡Yo no puedo hablar español!
It's like a memetic effect. I literally don't care enough to run that through Google translate.
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Tue Aug 27, 2013 8:09 pm

*shrug* Half my family is spanish, and I still have difficulties stringing together a coherent sentence in Spanish.

More generally, language education in school is more of a token effort in general than a real concerted effort to get people to be at least bilingual. At least that's my experience in France. There's good will, but they just go the wrong way about it, and you just can't teach a language to anyone if they don't actually give a fuck about it anyway.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 543

Back to top Go down

Post by WovenTales Tue Aug 27, 2013 10:10 pm

I had two years of Spanish in high school, and the only reason that actually did anything for me was because I enjoyed the language enough to pay more attention to it than probably half the rest of the class combined. My teacher wasn't too bad, either, and even though the curriculum was the standard less-than-helpful "perfect" stuff, she didn't try to pretend that it was anything else (we needed to learn the vosotros forms for finals, but never actually used them in class, for example). The two years I had in college were where I learned enough to understand more of the Let's Players than I was missing. Yes, that's what I'm measuring by. Still not quite at a conversational level. Book learning a language doesn't really work, even if they honestly do try to teach it.
WovenTales
WovenTales
Earth Pony

Brohoof! : 18

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 27, 2013 10:15 pm

Scytobait:

Back to top Go down

Post by Scyto Harmony Tue Aug 27, 2013 10:24 pm

Ketchup wrote:I know several basic questions, responses, and phrases in French, as well as some practical sentence structuring.

New Brunswick is the only administratively English-French province in Canada, Quebec is French and everywhere else is English. I recently went camping and passed through a community that had French flags all around, so there are people who are especially proud of their French heritage here. You don't see any other flags aside from the flag of New Brunswick and that of Canada as a whole.

I've never needed to interact with anyone who only speaks French, though.
Newfoundland has 2 flags. The one from when we were our own republic, and the one we use now.

I've never seen the one we have now flown, but I've seen the old one a couple of times - which looks really dumb.
Scyto Harmony
Scyto Harmony
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 155

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Derpmind Tue Aug 27, 2013 10:54 pm

Mister Frost wrote:You see, taken without context I think you're talking about the bitchy (Read: Canadian) version of Texas.
Apparently there was a French colony on Texas for about three years. But that's as close as the world's going to get to a French Texas.

About learning languages, the best way to learn a new language is to just to live where everyone speaks it. You'll learn really quickly when you can't communicate with anyone and you're constantly surrounded by the language.
Derpmind
Derpmind
Mindmaster Extraordinaire

Brohoof! : 166

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Tue Aug 27, 2013 11:38 pm

scytobait:
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 717

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 28, 2013 12:38 am

Ironbait:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 28, 2013 1:00 am

swicked wrote:Was it frost who liked Gilda? I want to say it was frost.
frostbait:
Not sure if Frost does, but Gilda is most certainly my bait. I love that picture of Gilda she looks so nice in that picture.

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Wed Aug 28, 2013 1:02 am

Frostbait:
https://derpibooru.org/412613?scope=scpe7181168e61e53ba95297ebbfa2de4c5497643cae
https://derpibooru.org/412237?scope=scpe7181168e61e53ba95297ebbfa2de4c5497643cae
https://derpibooru.org/412222?scope=scpe7181168e61e53ba95297ebbfa2de4c5497643cae
https://derpibooru.org/412217?scope=scpe7181168e61e53ba95297ebbfa2de4c5497643cae
https://derpibooru.org/411347?scope=scpe7181168e61e53ba95297ebbfa2de4c5497643cae
https://derpibooru.org/411345?scope=scpe7181168e61e53ba95297ebbfa2de4c5497643cae
https://derpibooru.org/410323?scope=scpe7181168e61e53ba95297ebbfa2de4c5497643cae
https://derpibooru.org/410204?scope=scpe7181168e61e53ba95297ebbfa2de4c5497643cae
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 717

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Wed Aug 28, 2013 1:15 am

swicked wrote:Was it frost who liked Gilda? I want to say it was frost.
frostbait:
I also like Gilda, though not as much as Guard does
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Wed Aug 28, 2013 1:19 am

RoboRed wrote:Frostbait:
https://derpibooru.org/412613?scope=scpe7181168e61e53ba95297ebbfa2de4c5497643cae
https://derpibooru.org/412237?scope=scpe7181168e61e53ba95297ebbfa2de4c5497643cae
https://derpibooru.org/412222?scope=scpe7181168e61e53ba95297ebbfa2de4c5497643cae
https://derpibooru.org/412217?scope=scpe7181168e61e53ba95297ebbfa2de4c5497643cae
https://derpibooru.org/411347?scope=scpe7181168e61e53ba95297ebbfa2de4c5497643cae
https://derpibooru.org/411345?scope=scpe7181168e61e53ba95297ebbfa2de4c5497643cae
https://derpibooru.org/410323?scope=scpe7181168e61e53ba95297ebbfa2de4c5497643cae
https://derpibooru.org/410204?scope=scpe7181168e61e53ba95297ebbfa2de4c5497643cae
Heh. Couple'a those are quite nice
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Tytan Wed Aug 28, 2013 1:48 am

comic:
Tytan
Tytan
The Great Bait Hunter

Brohoof! : 429

Character List:
Name: Clock / Viktor
Sex: Female / Male
Species: Unicorn / Sand Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Wed Aug 28, 2013 4:32 am

Mister Frost wrote:
Scyto Harmony wrote:
tylertoon2 wrote:
Scyto Harmony wrote:
Mister Frost wrote:
Scyto Harmony wrote:I wouldn't dare say any of those! 

In fear that you would come steal all my oil under the pretense of liberating me.
To be fair, I would be liberating you. Of your oil.
Okay, that made me laugh way harder then it should have.
Oh please you know he is french the only oil they have is the scented bathoil found under the sinks of the sissy men that populate that nation. Tucked safely away next to his intricately folded white flag and boxes of wine and moldy cheese.

Now if you will exuse me I'm going to climb into my hummer while guzzling water down beer and running down some endangered animals and red skins like a TRUE AMERICAN!
DID YOU JUST CALL ME FRENCH!? I'll kill you!!!
Hey Tyler:
Spoiler:
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Brohoof! : 121

Character List:
Name: Crimson Wings / Cherry Sundae
Sex: Male / Female
Species: Pegasus / Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Wed Aug 28, 2013 5:20 am

I think I'm kinda depressed or in a state of shock after my truck accident. Life doesn't seem as colorful as it once was, and there's too much stuff going on. My dad is in a nursing home with recently-discovered congestive heart failure and possibly cancer, my family has probably, though not definitely lost its only viable transport, and there was talk that we may lose our house.

Life just doesn't seem that worth it anymore. I know that sounds like suicide talk, but everything seems like it was for nothing.

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Wed Aug 28, 2013 5:28 am

Shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit. I'm sorry to hear that, Iron. Don't really know what I can say to help, because fact is you got a lot to deal with right now and someone simply telling you that it'll all be okay over the internet ain't really much help.
I hope it does improve for you, dude.
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Brohoof! : 121

Character List:
Name: Crimson Wings / Cherry Sundae
Sex: Male / Female
Species: Pegasus / Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 28, 2013 10:36 am

Ironmonger wrote:I think I'm kinda depressed or in a state of shock after my truck accident. Life doesn't seem as colorful as it once was, and there's too much stuff going on. My dad is in a nursing home with recently-discovered congestive heart failure and possibly cancer, my family has probably, though not definitely lost its only viable transport, and there was talk that we may lose our house.

Life just doesn't seem that worth it anymore. I know that sounds like suicide talk, but everything seems like it was for nothing.
Shit Iron, I'm sorry to hear that bud. Hope everything goes well for you buddy.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kattlarv Wed Aug 28, 2013 2:54 pm

Mister Frost wrote:
Kattlarv wrote:@Frost: Should I assume you'd want a link?

And DDO is a hack and slash MMO, bit old, but imo really neat. You can scale the terrain, and make whatever the fuck you want as a character.
Yes, please.

And, sure, I'll give it a shot. I will personally hold it against you, though, If I can't make a caniballistic quasi-shapeshifting half-orc/half-dwarf fashion model transvestite.
Alright.

And okies, I'm on the server Cannith, ruler of The Order of the Golden Shoe. And technically you can make that... not those exact things, but you can be a orc that reincarnated as a dwarf, and then all you need is a high bluff and diplomacy with levels in druid? xD

@String: Some weeks back, how so?

@Robo: It sure it a peculiar place :P Got it's ups and downs.
Kattlarv
Kattlarv
Hydra

Brohoof! : 27

Character List:
Name: Dewflower
Sex: Female-ish

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 28, 2013 2:58 pm

Iron/frostbait:

Back to top Go down

Post by Valikdu Wed Aug 28, 2013 3:02 pm

I've released the new version of the Dwarf Fortress mod. The version with the ice bees in it.

YES THE BEES!
Valikdu
Valikdu
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 192

Character List:
Name: Ion Storm
Sex: Female
Species: First One

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Wed Aug 28, 2013 3:13 pm

Guarddogjr wrote:
Iron/frostbait:
Hah! Your king lord supervisor hobo demands moar!

@Valikdu: I was vaguely interested in giving Dwarf Fortress a try, though I've heard it's fairly hard to get into for new players.
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Stringtheory Wed Aug 28, 2013 3:20 pm

Mister Frost wrote:@Valikdu: I was vaguely interested in giving Dwarf Fortress a try, though I've heard it's fairly hard to get into for new players.
I'm currently banging my head against the mine's floor myself. The UI is brick wall in terms of intuitiveness. It's the sort of game where you need to Alt-Tab to the wiki and/or a tutorial until you get the hang it, once you've sunk the requisite amount of time into groping around in the dark or using the torch of a tutorial can you really start having the 'real' fun.
Stringtheory
Stringtheory
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 97

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Wed Aug 28, 2013 3:45 pm

Guarddogjr wrote:
Iron/frostbait:
Stay off her fucking lawn. Twilight Sparkle 

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Wed Aug 28, 2013 4:06 pm

Dammit, Kat, DDO won't let me name my character "Scunthorpe Didouchenstein". This is all your fault.
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 28, 2013 4:30 pm

@Science!
Brains in jars. Let's grow them!

Really fast spinning things? In my physics? It's more likely than you think! And apparently it maybe causes some new crazy phenomenon.

@Iron
Yikes; when it rains, it fuckin' pours, leastways when it come to trouble with a capital T. Honestly, you might want to talk to a doctor about this, maybe get some counseling and the like, if you can. Seems like life's piling on hard, and if you keep on feeling overwhelmed and like you can't reach happiness anymore, that's generally not a good sign. Hope life starts getting easier for you and your family, in any case.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 32 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17 ... 32  Next