Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

+18
iLateralGX
cb5
O. Hinds
Katarn
tylertoon2
Derpmind
Meleagridis
StoneSlinger88
Admiral Stoic Rum
RoboRed
Moodyman90
Kattlarv
Frost
Valikdu
Kippershy
CamoBadger
Harmony Ltd.
Ironmonger
22 posters

Page 29 of 30 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30  Next

Go down

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 29 Empty Re: [Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

Post by Moodyman90 Sat Aug 17, 2013 2:56 pm

They never show up if we ever have to pull a calf out of a cow. I imagine that makes for a great sight.

Just have our entire upper body and arms covered in afterbirth and them going "Have you heard of the good news of Jesus Christ?"

I'd be like "Sure. He just helped us deliver this calf, saving it's mother at the same time. Come join us in this blessing of life with a hug."

And it's subconscious Harmony. Read that VG Cats comic too many times, plus I had a friend who use to cosplay as Aerith who I use to joke around with every time I went off for my family reunion.
Moodyman90
Moodyman90
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 163

Character List:
Name: Moody Blues/ Moodstone
Sex: Male/ Male
Species: Earth Pony/ Unicorn

Back to top Go down

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 29 Empty Re: [Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

Post by Frost Sat Aug 17, 2013 3:37 pm

Moodyman90 wrote:pull a calf out of a cow. 
That phrasing makes me think of you with a crowbar stuck up the mother's special place, trying to pry out the spawn that's clinging desperately to the placenta.
Frost
Frost
Crazed Gun-Toting 'Murican

Brohoof! : 503

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Moodyman90 Sat Aug 17, 2013 4:03 pm

It's not quite that bad. In reality the way we do it is

Hidden cause of potential graphic mental images.:

We don't usually have to do it often. Once every 5 or so years if we're unlucky. And naturally when we do have to something has gone very very wrong. Like the calf was stillborn and the cow simply gave up.
Moodyman90
Moodyman90
Draconequus

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Sat Aug 17, 2013 4:09 pm

Moodyman90 wrote:It's not quite that bad. In reality the way we do it is

Hidden cause of potential graphic mental images.:

We don't usually have to do it often. Once every 5 or so years if we're unlucky. And naturally when we do have to something has gone very very wrong. Like the calf was stillborn and the cow simply gave up.
Oh, I was quite aware of having to get a little "hands on". I wasn't aware you got the luxury of chains.

Can't both the calf and the mother die if the calf is spewed forth backwards?
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Moodyman90 Sat Aug 17, 2013 4:29 pm

The calf has a chance of dying due to the process of birth forcing it to actually try to breath through it's nose and mouth. Even if it doesn't drown there's not a lot of air in there. Basically becomes a race against time if that's the case.

I'm certain it's very bad for the mother for a lot of different reasons but the only danger I can think of is if the calf dies and we don't get it out before it starts decomposing inside of her.

And yeah we have the chains. Not everybody has those chains.
Moodyman90
Moodyman90
Draconequus

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Sat Aug 17, 2013 4:33 pm

Yeah, I'd imagine having a decomposing body inside oneself would be unhealthy. That's why cows should have another tube in the womb leading into the digestive tract, so they can reabsorb all those nutrients from a stillbirth.
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Sat Aug 17, 2013 4:45 pm

I woke up and took my dog for a walk, only to find several grocery bags loaded with vegetables, all hanging on the door knob. That was both one of the coolest and most aggravating events of my week.

Ironmonger
Daemon Prince of Bad Puns

Brohoof! : 290

Character List:
Name: Cast Iron
Sex: Male
Species: Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Sat Aug 17, 2013 5:28 pm

Aggravating in which way ?
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 543

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Sat Aug 17, 2013 5:34 pm

I was half-asleep because I had just awoken, and I had my little yorkie-poo Bear Bear on his leash to take him for a walk. I have the leashed, energetic furball on one arm, and the month's worth of groceries on the door to deal with. Couldn't just leave the stuff there because it was propping the storm door open, and Ohio is notorious for its bees, wasps, and hornets. Bear was choking himself in an attempt to chase a cat, and our porch is on rollers. Trying to fight with all of that at the time while coffee-less and half asleep was pretty frustrating.

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Sat Aug 17, 2013 5:39 pm

How did that bag of groceries get there anyway ?
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Sat Aug 17, 2013 5:40 pm

The pastor of my dad's church brought it down while I was asleep.

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Sat Aug 17, 2013 5:44 pm

The Church does deliveries now ? Spike

"Redemption in 30 minutes guaranteed or your money back !"

Last edited by Harmony Ltd. on Sat Aug 17, 2013 5:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Valikdu Sat Aug 17, 2013 5:44 pm

Lots of pants-on-head retardedness going on in the social networks.

Wait, let me rephrase that: More than the usual amount of pants-on-head retardedness going on in the social networks.
Valikdu
Valikdu
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 192

Character List:
Name: Ion Storm
Sex: Female
Species: First One

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Sat Aug 17, 2013 5:44 pm

Not the worst thing a pastor's done while a boy's sleeping, I suppose.
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Sat Aug 17, 2013 5:45 pm

Mister Frost wrote:Not the worst thing a pastor's done while a boy's sleeping, I suppose.
>Is reminded that I really need to get that Maverick 88 I've had my eye on.

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Sat Aug 17, 2013 5:48 pm

Ironmonger wrote:Maverick 88
[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 29 Ne9fBD2

?
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Sat Aug 17, 2013 5:51 pm

Harmony Ltd. wrote:
*snip*
GET OFF MY LAWN! ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
>Boom

Seriously, though. It's a cheaper and simplified version of the Mossberg 500. I can get one for $200 at my local Walmart
Spoiler:

Last edited by Ironmonger on Sat Aug 17, 2013 5:51 pm; edited 1 time in total

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Sat Aug 17, 2013 5:51 pm

Valikdu wrote:Lots of pants-on-head retardedness going on in the social networks.
What's the trouble ?
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Sat Aug 17, 2013 5:52 pm

Harmony Ltd. wrote:
*snip*
That too, but he referred to the Mossberg Maverick
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Derpmind Sat Aug 17, 2013 5:56 pm

Mister Frost wrote:Yeah, I'd imagine having a decomposing body inside oneself would be unhealthy. That's why cows should have another tube in the womb leading into the digestive tract, so they can reabsorb all those nutrients from a stillbirth.
Cows have neither large enough stomachs to deal with something that big or the right digestive enzymes to consume flesh. If cows were grass-eating robots, (and therefore leagues simpler,) your idea would be a case of overengineering. Even if the requirements to make such a system work weren't extreme, it would be rarely used and have its own chance of catastrophic failure.

As a joke meant to be disgusting, I give it an 8/10. As a joke meant to be funny, it only ranks at 6/10 at best. (As a videogame, it gets 7.5/10)
Derpmind
Derpmind
Mindmaster Extraordinaire

Brohoof! : 166

Back to top Go down

Post by Valikdu Sat Aug 17, 2013 6:05 pm

Harmony Ltd. wrote:
Valikdu wrote:Lots of pants-on-head retardedness going on in the social networks.
What's the trouble ?
A lot of people are, with great resolve, cosplaying Jack Thompson.

Currently they're trying to get Ask Princess Molestia banned, because "it makes people into rapists".
Valikdu
Valikdu
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 192

Character List:
Name: Ion Storm
Sex: Female
Species: First One

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 17, 2013 6:08 pm

Really I thought they were saying something about his blog making fun of such things. Never had anything pop up in my tumblr other the those people supporting jj so I have no clue.

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Sat Aug 17, 2013 6:09 pm

Valikdu wrote:
Harmony Ltd. wrote:
What's the trouble ?

Currently they're trying to get Ask Princess Molestia banned, because "it makes people into rapists".
Odd. I thought raping someone makes you into a rapist

Sounds like the Dickwolves incident all over
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Sat Aug 17, 2013 6:12 pm

Mister Frost wrote:
Valikdu wrote:
Harmony Ltd. wrote:
What's the trouble ?

Odd. I thought raping someone makes you into a rapist

Sounds like the Dickwolves incident all over
My thoughts exactly.

Rapes jokes are... Well, they should be avoided, I think.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 17, 2013 6:15 pm

If you're offended by such jokes. Yes you should avoid them.

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Sat Aug 17, 2013 6:18 pm

Harmony Ltd. wrote:My thoughts exactly.

Rapes jokes are... Well, they should be avoided, I think.
I hope you never meet me in person, then. Just ask Iron; threatening to rape him is pretty much how I say 'Hi'
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Sat Aug 17, 2013 6:24 pm

It's not really a question of if they offend me or not. It's more that such jokes (rape jokes, sexist jokes, etc...), even if they are made in good fun and without ill intentions, participate to a culture that validate those things.

See, rapist men (I don't know about rapist women) think that all men are inherently rapists, and that they (the other men) only posture as "good people" for the sake of social standing. When you do rape jokes, you validate them in their thoughts, support their worldview, and indirectly encourage them to be rapists.

I know it's really not a fun thing to think about, and I know saying such a thing makes me sound as a "no-fun-allowed" kind of guy, but really, I think rape jokes should be avoided.

With a bit of imagination, it's easy to find other things to joke about.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Derpmind Sat Aug 17, 2013 6:32 pm

Harmony Ltd. wrote:With a bit of imagination, it's easy to find other things to joke about.
On a more general note, it's harder to create new jokes than it is to recycle old jokes and memes endlessly. Making new jokes is a creative endeavor that will yield results, while spouting off old ones is the same thing 99% of everyone else does all the time. You don't want to be another everyone else, do you?

Think of the first racist or sexist (etc.) joke that pops in your head. Exactly how old is it, and why do you personally still find it funny?
Derpmind
Derpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Sat Aug 17, 2013 6:48 pm

Every time I hear someone say "Rape and molestation jokes are never funny", I'm reminded of the words of George Carlin:

Picture Porky Pig.....Raping Elmer Fudd. Well, why did you think they call him 'porky'?
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Derpmind Sat Aug 17, 2013 6:52 pm

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 29 Tumblr_mroyeumm8N1r3xauuo1_1280

Source

And the flame wars continue.
Derpmind
Derpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 29 of 30 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30  Next