Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

+15
tylertoon2
Kippershy
O. Hinds
Moodyman90
Derpmind
Harmony Ltd.
RoboRed
WovenTales
Ketchup
Valikdu
Katarn
StoneSlinger88
Ironmonger
Admiral Stoic Rum
Frost
19 posters

Page 28 of 29 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29  Next

Go down

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 28 Empty Re: [Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

Post by Frost Wed Aug 07, 2013 8:47 pm

CamoBadger wrote:
swicked wrote:
CamoBadger wrote:Not even going to lie. I slaughter the Kings as soon as I hit Freeside. 

Can't stand them.
Oh? I always found them nice-enough. It's easy to gain freeside reputation doing various fun things (the atomic wrangler rules), and then they give you stuff.
I mean, I kill Pacer, but the rest seem fine.

Yeah, they're plenty nice. 

I just despise Elvis Impersonators. Who the hell do they think they are pretending to be the King? They deserve a violent and Power-Fist filled death, all of them.

Fallout 4 definitely needs to shake things up and get creative. If at least one major faction does not consist of an army of Vladimir Putin clones, that whole game will be a waste of money.
Frost
Frost
Crazed Gun-Toting 'Murican

Brohoof! : 503

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 28 Empty Re: [Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

Post by Harmony Ltd. Wed Aug 07, 2013 8:52 pm

Rumor mill says 75% odds the next Fallout is set in Boston.

It's probably going to be Fallout 3 all over again.

You know, I just hope that they at least finally fix their game engine. Because Fo3 is unplayable on my Win7 64bit 8-thread.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 543

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Wed Aug 07, 2013 9:07 pm

They were speaking of setting it in "The Commonwealth", around the MIT. So the Boston region.

And given the two places are a stone throw away from each other (DC and Boston), and it will be done by Bethesda again ; it will probably follow the same formula that was done in Fo3, and the game area will probably have the same atmosphere.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Wed Aug 07, 2013 9:09 pm

Not sure if NSFW or not, but this cracked me up.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Wed Aug 07, 2013 9:21 pm

Harmony Ltd. wrote:They were speaking of setting it in "The Commonwealth", around the MIT. So the Boston region.

And given the two places are a stone throw away from each other (DC and Boston), and it will be done by Bethesda again ; it will probably follow the same formula that was done in Fo3, and the game area will probably have the same atmosphere.

To be fair to Fo3, the original Fallout had much the same bleak atmosphere. It was only in Fallout 2 that the silliness and somewhat mystical elements came into play, and New Vegas that ended up emulating that.

That's not to say the darker, more serious tone of 1 and 3 are better or more valid than the lighter and somewhat sillier tone of 2 and NV, or visa versa, I"m just saying that neither is "missing the point of Fallout" as plenty of internet butthurts like to claim.
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Wed Aug 07, 2013 9:30 pm

Oh sure. My gripe with Fo3 isn't the tone, it's the fact that it played in a very linear fashion (for an open-world game), and that compared to New Vegas (which isn't much of a positive example anyway), I felt that what you did during the game had little to no influence on the game's world or the endgame.

Plus, stupid ending fixed by DLC, but I can write that one off, considering Fallout 1 did the same (and that NV doesn't even allow you to continue playing after the end at all).

Basically, my problem with Fallout 3 is that it didn't feel alive, compared to New Vegas at least. It was bleak, but not the good kind of bleak. It felt somewhat hollow.

Related, a video that was posted here a week or two ago : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wvwlt4FqmS0
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Wed Aug 07, 2013 9:45 pm

Oh, I felt much the same way. I won't deny that part of my dislike of the Brotherhood stems from the East chapter being a bunch of railroading whores, even if they are the only sane or reasonable ones of the bunch. Hopefully, Fallout 4 will remedy this
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by StoneSlinger88 Wed Aug 07, 2013 10:16 pm

Yay! If it's in Boston, pushing hardware to the limits, maybe I'll see some familiar sights. The Institute should be interesting, especially with their androids and technology. And as long as they hire local voice actors if they want the accent! The real accents aren't bad, but the fake ones make me want to scrape my ears out with a rusty cheese grater.
StoneSlinger88
StoneSlinger88
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 47

Character List:
Name: Judge
Sex: Male
Species: Earth Pony

Back to top Go down

Post by Moodyman90 Wed Aug 07, 2013 10:19 pm

Personally I will always vote for Somber's ideas for Fallout. Mainly because he mentioned setting it in the south.

Anyways, since I'm still looking through the old threads and stuff, I found where CptAdder and O.Hinds was talking about the SSP and transporting supplies with air. I will admit of skimming a lot of it just to find the trains. No idea if I'm even close.
Moodyman90
Moodyman90
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 163

Character List:
Name: Moody Blues/ Moodstone
Sex: Male/ Male
Species: Earth Pony/ Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Wed Aug 07, 2013 10:25 pm

CamoBadger wrote:
Moodyman90 wrote:It's the fact that so far she's be portrayed as the cool mom.

That could be it... or maybe it's because she's already been branded as a total MILF by the community. Complete with sexy-game-puns.
indeed:
She is a cool mom, though. But I really love her design. And she has a nice voice. (And I really like her mane!Sweetie Belle )
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 717

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Admiral Stoic Rum Wed Aug 07, 2013 10:30 pm

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 28 Y_all_are_a_bunch_of_sissies__by_mattings-d6h4x0i

Reference BronyCon
Admiral Stoic Rum
Admiral Stoic Rum
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 83

Character List:
Name: Dr. Painkiller
Sex: Male
Species: Pony

Back to top Go down

Post by CamoBadger Wed Aug 07, 2013 10:50 pm

Just watched The Dictator.

So. Damn. Funny.
CamoBadger
CamoBadger
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 588

Back to top Go down

Post by Moodyman90 Wed Aug 07, 2013 11:03 pm

I give up on looking where the train gauge discussion is at.

Somewhere in this thread or the ones before it is where the train gauge thing is at. That is the thread that closest to when the Comment Crew Chat was first started and I remember that was on of the reasons, other then rampant spam and utter randomness (seriously, that's why I gave up I couldn't handle it anymore), the Crew Chat was created.
Moodyman90
Moodyman90
Draconequus

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Wed Aug 07, 2013 11:59 pm

Not pony-related, but too cool not to share.

The fab four:
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Moodyman90 Thu Aug 08, 2013 12:05 am

Agreed, thanks for that Frost.
Moodyman90
Moodyman90
Draconequus

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 08, 2013 12:07 am

Those are fucking awesome, Frost. Nice find

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Thu Aug 08, 2013 12:12 am

That's my beef with franchises like Darksiders, much as I enjoy it--The Riders are inhuman, amoral forces of nature destined to destroy the universe. Stop making them out to 90's-style broody anti-heroes, people. 

And for fuck's sake, they're not superhumans on normal horses; the horses are also super. Fuck, most would agree that the horses are just as powerful a force of nature as the riders. I swear, Death goes from a ninja on crack to a slightly more clumsy bull in a china shop the second he gets on that damn horse. It's useless.
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Moodyman90 Thu Aug 08, 2013 12:27 am

Never played Darksiders but I can understand your pain. I would say that the horses are more an extension of themselves rather then powered up horses for them.

That's probably what you meant but I see it as the horse and the rider and more of they're the same but can be separate if for no other reason then image.
Moodyman90
Moodyman90
Draconequus

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Thu Aug 08, 2013 12:32 am

Moodyman90 wrote:Never played Darksiders but I can understand your pain. I would say that the horses are more an extension of themselves rather then powered up horses for them.

That's probably what you meant but I see it as the horse and the rider and more of they're the same but can be separate if for no other reason then image.

That's what I mean; I'm prone to poor phrasing. The horses, if not just manifestations of the riders' own will, are just as ancient and supernatural as the riders. They're not accessories for them, they're an integral part of who the Riders are.

This is likely because the Riders are made ground-up from symbolism. In ancient times, a mounted warrior was at a [b style="font-weight: bold;"]huge[/b] advantage over an unmounted one (See the end of The Hobbit, for instance) and also a status symbol of the wealth and power of the owner. That's why the Book of Revelations depicts nearly all beings of power, from the Four to Christ, as being mounted on horses.
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Katarn Thu Aug 08, 2013 12:43 am

And now something completely different.
Katarn
Katarn
Soviet Bastard

Brohoof! : 351

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Thu Aug 08, 2013 12:48 am

Katarn wrote:And now something completely different.

For two minutes of nothing in particular happening, it certainly was a well-musically-accompanied two minutes.
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Thu Aug 08, 2013 1:16 am

*pffft*...:
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Thu Aug 08, 2013 1:54 am

RoboRed wrote:
*pffft*...:

When they cut open that pony to find out he's an android, Twilight's gonna feel like a huge jackass.
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Thu Aug 08, 2013 3:01 am

I hate Pinkie a little less:
 Source.
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by CamoBadger Thu Aug 08, 2013 4:28 am

LE HOLY SHIT!

My Little Metro updated!
CamoBadger
CamoBadger
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 588

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Thu Aug 08, 2013 8:53 am

CamoBadger wrote:LE HOLY SHIT!

My Little Metro updated!
LE INDEED!!

swicked wrote:
...okay, and what is that one about?
Long story short, My Little Metro is to Metro 2033 as Fallout: Equestria is to Fallout.

I've never read the book or played the game, but My Little Metro is pretty darn good.
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kattlarv Thu Aug 08, 2013 10:56 am

*Flails* Come on, I know I ramble, but a single reply would have been nice xD I want to solve this mystery. Anyone recall if it was from here?

Secondly, I should be kept out of kitchens. I tried to boil eggs just now, dropped them down in the pan, break both of them. Now they work just as well as mine xD ... well, they did before too, but still xD
Kattlarv
Kattlarv
Hydra

Brohoof! : 27

Character List:
Name: Dewflower
Sex: Female-ish
Species: Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Thu Aug 08, 2013 11:04 am

I honestly had no idea what to say.
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Thu Aug 08, 2013 11:14 am

Kattlarv wrote:Secondly, I should be kept out of kitchens.
*snerk*

*resist the urge to make offensive sexist joke*
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Thu Aug 08, 2013 11:40 am

Kattlarv wrote:*Flails* Come on, I know I ramble, but a single reply would have been nice xD I want to solve this mystery. Anyone recall if it was from here?

Secondly, I should be kept out of kitchens. I tried to boil eggs just now, dropped them down in the pan, break both of them. Now they work just as well as mine xD ... well, they did before too, but still xD
 A.) Wasn't me, but that fic sounds pretty shitty. 

B.) Hah! Your paltry egg failures are nothing! You're talking to a man who consistently and repeatedly burns himself every single motherfucking time he makes hardboiled eggs.
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 28 of 29 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29  Next