Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

+21
iLateralGX
Cptadder
Tytan
Meleagridis
AbstractThought
IncoherentOrange
Ketchup
Kippershy
Stringtheory
Aonee
tylertoon2
O. Hinds
Caoimhe
CamoBadger
RoboRed
Ironmonger
StoneSlinger88
Admiral Stoic Rum
Harmony Ltd.
Frost
Valikdu
25 posters

Page 32 of 32 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32

Go down

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 32 Empty Re: [Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

Post by Harmony Ltd. Sun Jun 09, 2013 6:27 pm

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 32 344657__safe_pinkie%2Bpie_animated_scootaloo_sweetie%2Bbelle_g3_balloons_present_toola%2Broola_starsong

WRONG NEIGHBORHOOD, MOTHERFUCKER !
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 543

Back to top Go down

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 32 Empty Re: [Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

Post by Frost Sun Jun 09, 2013 6:59 pm

Seen that gif. What I'm wondering is why nobody just shot the fucker
Frost
Frost
Crazed Gun-Toting 'Murican

Brohoof! : 503

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Sun Jun 09, 2013 9:02 pm

Harmony Ltd. wrote:And from the point of view of the Zebra as well, the fall of the megaspells might have looked awfully like an attempt at simply erasing them from existence.
Gee, why would they think that the extremely speciesist aggressor (that, depending on your religious beliefs, was run by the champion of evil) with the much more powerful superweapons was finally out to just exterminate the striped pests?
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Brohoof! : 383

Character List:
Name: Ris Haends Aeronauticus
Sex: Male
Species: Zebra

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 09, 2013 11:10 pm

O. Hinds wrote:
Harmony Ltd. wrote:And from the point of view of the Zebra as well, the fall of the megaspells might have looked awfully like an attempt at simply erasing them from existence.
Gee, why would they think that the extremely speciesist aggressor (that, depending on your religious beliefs, was run by the champion of evil) with the much more powerful superweapons was finally out to just exterminate the striped pests?
The zebras were conducting holy war and had no intention of anything less than the utter annihilation of, if not all ponies everywhere, the entirety of pony culture and their way of life. That is textbook genocide.

Back to top Go down

Post by Admiral Stoic Rum Sun Jun 09, 2013 11:53 pm

fifty foot ant
Admiral Stoic Rum
Admiral Stoic Rum
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 83

Character List:
Name: Dr. Painkiller
Species: Pony

Back to top Go down

Post by Valikdu Sun Jun 09, 2013 11:59 pm

Some people just... ugh.
There's an author. I know that he is capable of good writing because, well, the *quality* of his writing is good. But what he's doing with it?
-A story with thinly-veiled author tracts about how making everyone immortal is a great idea and how much everyone who doesn't think so sucks
-A really in-your-face author tract about how you must not write anything with dark or sexual themes in MLP, and about how everyone who does is scum
-Several stories about Nyx

Criticism is met with sneering condescension and/or deleted.
Valikdu
Valikdu
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 192

Character List:
Name: Ion Storm
Sex: Female
Species: First One

Back to top Go down

Post by Stringtheory Mon Jun 10, 2013 12:07 am

Valikdu wrote:Some people just... ugh.
There's an author. I know that he is capable of good writing because, well, the *quality* of his writing is good. But what he's doing with it?
-A story with thinly-veiled author tracts about how making everyone immortal is a great idea and how much everyone who doesn't think so sucks
-A really in-your-face author tract about how you must not write anything with dark or sexual themes in MLP, and about how everyone who does is scum
-Several stories about Nyx

Criticism is met with sneering condescension and/or deleted.
Who might this author might be? Does he have any actually non-stupid stories?
Stringtheory
Stringtheory
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 97

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Mon Jun 10, 2013 12:27 am

Overlong Analysis Cobalt wrote:
O. Hinds wrote:
The zebras were conducting holy war and had no intention of anything less than the utter annihilation of, if not all ponies everywhere, the entirety of pony culture and their way of life. That is textbook genocide.
...Yeaaaaah, we apparently have very different views/headcanons of what the Zebras were doing and who they were. You may have your own view, of course, but we probably ought to keep in mind, when conversing, that you're not repeating Equestria propaganda against the Pax Roamana and I'm not trying whitewash an attempted genocide by... what does your headcanon call the Zebras?
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ketchup Mon Jun 10, 2013 12:32 am

Wasn't the war over resources in the first place? I don't see a holy war coming from that. Relations weren't particularly terrible until the issues with the gem-coal trade, IIRC.

I don't remember exactly what finally prompted the megaspell exchange that resulted in the holocaust(it means 'all consuming fire'), but I don't think that it was to wipe Equestria out simply because they were ponies.

Last edited by Ketchup on Mon Jun 10, 2013 12:40 am; edited 1 time in total
Ketchup
Ketchup
The Condiment

Brohoof! : 114

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Mon Jun 10, 2013 12:40 am

I just hate it when bugs utterly break a game.

For instance, on my final New Vegas playthrough on the XBOX (switching to PC soon) I was Vilified by the Legion before even reaching the strip--as are many, I suspect, due to the vast amount of NCR sidequests to catch the eye and the easy, easy availability of getting Boone, AKA 'Instant Legion Bullseye Man'

So, obviously, I reach the Strip, and Vulpes hands me the Mark, which allows me to travel through Legion lands unmolested to meet Caesar.

The bug: someone forgot to tell the Legion.

I can't take two fucking steps toward Cottonwood Cove without getting ass-fucked by a dozen spears and mauled by billions of tens of dogs
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Valikdu Mon Jun 10, 2013 1:30 am

Mister Frost wrote:The bug: someone forgot to tell the Legion.

I don't see a problem here. Just KILL EVERYTHING!
Valikdu
Valikdu
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Stringtheory Mon Jun 10, 2013 1:33 am

Valikdu wrote:

But...but...plotlines!
Stringtheory
Stringtheory
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 97

Back to top Go down

Post by Valikdu Mon Jun 10, 2013 1:48 am

stringtheory wrote:Who might this author might be? Does he have any actually non-stupid stories?
-RealityCheck
-Not entirely sure. It's possible (as I said, the quality of writing is good), but I don't really care enough to find out.
stringtheory wrote:But...but...plotlines!
One of the good things about NV is that there's a lot of plotlines. There'll be enough left over if you just take your favorite gun and wipe out the fort hill.
I especially like the irony of shooting everyone in Caesar's tent with Joshua Graham's M1911.
Valikdu
Valikdu
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 10, 2013 4:47 am

swicked wrote:
Valikdu wrote:
stringtheory wrote:But...but...plotlines!
One of the good things about NV is that there's a lot of plotlines. There'll be enough left over if you just take your favorite gun and wipe out the fort hill.
I especially like the irony of shooting everyone in Caesar's tent with Joshua Graham's M1911.
...kay, so, that's something I have to do, now.
Any recommendations on how to survive with only holdout weapons? My guy may be level 30, but two or three swipes by a deathclaw, three by a cazador, and he's solidly dead, so I don't know exactly how to survive that fight...
When I go in to meet Caesar, it's usually after I've killed everything in the entire camp already, so holdout weapons are not exactly a necessary thing. Hmm... if you're really OP and have the shotgun perks and stuff, a sawed-off with slugs or explosive rounds (I forget if those are default in the game >_>) might do for a few guards. Another tactic is to kill one and immediately exit the tent to avoid getting surrounded and killed by his super-tough guards. Those are my gun strategies, there are probably others that involve melee weapons and stuff.

@Hinds
I don't really have a headcanon for the zebra wartime coalition name - it's never been prominent enough in anything I wrote to merit thinking about (as in, I have never written anything that actually took place during the war - only before, and way, way, way after).
What Headcanon I DO have:

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Mon Jun 10, 2013 6:49 am

Overlong Analysis Cobalt wrote:There's nothing wrong with one that doesn't agree with it, since there's certainly room to maneuver, but I'm okay with it for my purposes.
Aye, you've pretty much summed up my reply to you there.

…Though I wouldn't exactly call the Pax Roamana "the zebra wartime coalition", given that I've got the war starting in about 1795PR (the fifteenth year of the Diarchy and the 1615th year of the original, long-dead Equestrian calendar). :)
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 10, 2013 7:21 am

Mister Frost wrote:I just hate it when bugs utterly break a game.

For instance, on my final New Vegas playthrough on the XBOX (switching to PC soon) I was Vilified by the Legion before even reaching the strip--as are many, I suspect, due to the vast amount of NCR sidequests to catch the eye and the easy, easy availability of getting Boone, AKA 'Instant Legion Bullseye Man'

So, obviously, I reach the Strip, and Vulpes hands me the Mark, which allows me to travel through Legion lands unmolested to meet Caesar.

I can't take two fucking steps toward Cottonwood Cove without getting ass-fucked by a dozen spears and mauled by billions of tens of dogs
If you have Boone in your party he cancels out the marks affect since he shoots legion on sight.

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Mon Jun 10, 2013 8:14 am

Guarddogjr wrote:
Mister Frost wrote:I just hate it when bugs utterly break a game.

If you have Boone in your party he cancels out the marks affect since he shoots legion on sight.

I specifically left Boone back at the Lucky 38 to avoid that. I even had a Ranger still tagging along (it's the Ranger you get when you call for NCR support--I wandered too close to McCarran and she started following me, so I couldn't dismiss her) and I even outright murdered her so the Legion wouldn't start a fight.....only for them to start one anyway.
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Mon Jun 10, 2013 8:22 am

Valikdu wrote:

I was doing a House run. I'm aware he doesn't exactly fire you if you kill Caesar, but I think you get more caps for not doing it. Especially since I'd not even gotten under Fortification Hill to the bunker yet, and my Sniper build would be at something of a disadvantage going into the weather station with a bunch of Praetorians right in my fucking face. Besides, if I let Caesar think I'm working for him--something that's off the table now--I'm technically doing quests for him, the NCR, Yes Man and House by doing the same quests. That's a whole lotta XP.
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 10, 2013 8:41 am

Okay, that's interesting. I can't say I've ever had that happen before.

Back to top Go down

Post by Admiral Stoic Rum Mon Jun 10, 2013 2:47 pm

shouldn't this be in the New Vegas playthrough thread?
Admiral Stoic Rum
Admiral Stoic Rum
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 83

Character List:
Name: Dr. Painkiller
Species: Pony

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Mon Jun 10, 2013 3:47 pm

Eh, this thread is meant to be lax about topic, so unless they spam it to the point where no other topics can make it through, it's fine.
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Brohoof! : 121

Character List:
Name: Crimson Wings / Cherry Sundae
Sex: Male / Female
Species: Pegasus / Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Mon Jun 10, 2013 4:12 pm

Of course it had to be snakes millipedes

Spoiler:
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Moodyman90 Mon Jun 10, 2013 4:52 pm

It's not that he's scared of them, just that after having to deal with so many of them he hates them.
Moodyman90
Moodyman90
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 163

Character List:
Name: Moody Blues/ Moodstone
Sex: Male/ Male
Species: Earth Pony/ Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Mon Jun 10, 2013 4:54 pm

ikr
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Mon Jun 10, 2013 5:08 pm

Well, just finished my ASVAB with a 96
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Mon Jun 10, 2013 5:09 pm

on 1000 ?
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Valikdu Mon Jun 10, 2013 5:14 pm

Kaidan has finished Twilight's Dollhouse.
Actually, he's doing a sequel.
Yay.

-------

https://cloudsville.rpg-board.net/viewtopic.forum?t=1012
Valikdu
Valikdu
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 32 of 32 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32