Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

+21
iLateralGX
Cptadder
Tytan
Meleagridis
AbstractThought
IncoherentOrange
Ketchup
Kippershy
Stringtheory
Aonee
tylertoon2
O. Hinds
Caoimhe
CamoBadger
RoboRed
Ironmonger
StoneSlinger88
Admiral Stoic Rum
Harmony Ltd.
Frost
Valikdu
25 posters

Page 31 of 32 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32  Next

Go down

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 31 Empty Re: [Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

Post by O. Hinds Sat Jun 08, 2013 11:09 pm

Cptadder wrote:
Admiral Stoic Rum wrote:They cannot regenerate their skin, their bodies retain the appearance of what they were when they became ghouls, so that means rad sickness first... lost hair, things of that nature
I intend to write a paper on ghoulification one of these days. From the point of view of ponies 40 years after the EoE observing the large scale numbers of ghouls that would have likely infested balefire craters. After all pony ghouls unlike human ghouls are made via magical contamination not radioactive fallout. Meaning the amount of pony ghouls should be much higher than human ghouls.
Sounds interesting.

Also, EoE?
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Brohoof! : 383

Character List:
Name: Ris Haends Aeronauticus
Sex: Male
Species: Zebra

Back to top Go down

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 31 Empty Re: [Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

Post by IncoherentOrange Sat Jun 08, 2013 11:32 pm

According to someone I know, Blackjack is Darth Vader.
IncoherentOrange
IncoherentOrange
Ursa Major

Brohoof! : 22

Back to top Go down

Post by Admiral Stoic Rum Sat Jun 08, 2013 11:36 pm

im callin the tf to for this

THATS FINE ILL CALL IT OFF "I DONT HAVE IT INSTALLED, I HAVE TO WORK OUT, MY WIFE IS IN LABOR, MY ASSHOLE IS BLEEDING..." PUSSIES
Admiral Stoic Rum
Admiral Stoic Rum
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 83

Character List:
Name: Dr. Painkiller
Species: Pony

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Sat Jun 08, 2013 11:39 pm

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 31 602396_596950057002620_1667729597_n
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 717

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Cptadder Sat Jun 08, 2013 11:57 pm

O. Hinds wrote:
Cptadder wrote:
Admiral Stoic Rum wrote:They cannot regenerate their skin, their bodies retain the appearance of what they were when they became ghouls, so that means rad sickness first... lost hair, things of that nature
I intend to write a paper on ghoulification one of these days. From the point of view of ponies 40 years after the EoE observing the large scale numbers of ghouls that would have likely infested balefire craters. After all pony ghouls unlike human ghouls are made via magical contamination not radioactive fallout. Meaning the amount of pony ghouls should be much higher than human ghouls.
Sounds interesting.
Yes as there are multiple types of ghouls but we see several times for lack of a better word "ghoul fields" areas were the weapons used and the terrain was such as to turn large numbers of ponies into ghouls. Remember ghouls from standard to glowing to the ultra rare and ultra dangerous balefire ghouls are all running around fueled by unlife. Instead of old school D&D taps into the negative material plane for power, pony ghouls run on magical radiation. As standard ghouls can become glowing ones by soaking in enough radiation. Balefire ghouls by contrast have to come that way since they are even more twisted than standard ghouls. They are formed not of rotting meat and magical radiation but instead the raw essence of destruction. A hideous puppet of burn meat and charred bone held together by balefire which we know to be the raw essence of destruction found in dragon breath.

O. Hinds wrote:
Also, EoE?
End of Equestria, is the a generally accepted term for the days the balefire bombs fell?
Cptadder
Cptadder
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 118

Back to top Go down

Post by Moodyman90 Sun Jun 09, 2013 12:02 am

And we can't forget Canterlot Ghouls. Though I guess with the exception of they can breath and if I remember correctly leak Pink Mist if shot or generally have their skin ruptured there's no other differences.

Some probably look a bit more... melty then others though.
Moodyman90
Moodyman90
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 163

Character List:
Name: Moody Blues/ Moodstone
Sex: Male/ Male
Species: Earth Pony/ Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Sun Jun 09, 2013 12:04 am

@Adder: Most just call it The Last Day, which I like. Gives it an almost mystical feel--which Fallout does, a lot of times. Mystical and insane
Frost
Frost
Crazed Gun-Toting 'Murican

Brohoof! : 503

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Sun Jun 09, 2013 2:50 am

Cptadder wrote:End of Equestria, is the a generally accepted term for the days the balefire bombs fell?
Ah, thank you; my memory is telling me that I hadn't heard that before.

Though, "days", plural? I thought that it was just on one day?
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Brohoof! : 383

Character List:
Name: Ris Haends Aeronauticus
Species: Zebra

Back to top Go down

Post by Valikdu Sun Jun 09, 2013 6:07 am

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 31 183914__safe_rainbow-dash_animated_wonderbolts-academy_spoiler-s03e07_wonderbolt-trainee-uniform_silly_airquotes_ohmygosh_omg_wingquotes

Ah yes, "Reapers".
Valikdu
Valikdu
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 192

Character List:
Name: Ion Storm
Sex: Female
Species: First One

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Sun Jun 09, 2013 7:19 am

Personally I call it The Holocaust.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 543

Back to top Go down

Post by Cptadder Sun Jun 09, 2013 8:06 am

Moodyman90 wrote:And we can't forget Canterlot Ghouls. Though I guess with the exception of they can breath and if I remember correctly leak Pink Mist if shot or generally have their skin ruptured there's no other differences.

Some probably look a bit more... melty then others though.
Canterlot Ghouls are different as again the thing that gives them motion is not magical radiation but instead the most insidious chemical weapons ever invented. We have chemical weapons that eat through protective equipment, and we have weapons that linger for weeks. But the Littlehorn agent does both and it's expected to last for months and still be lethal. Except by the time it was used again at the end of the war that got upgraded to decades not months and there's still some lingering in places. The things I could write about the effects of such a weapon in a competent generals hands...

O. Hinds wrote:
Cptadder wrote:End of Equestria, is the a generally accepted term for the days the balefire bombs fell?

The day the bombs fell excuse me. But if we want to get technical the last days is most likely truer since it encompasses everything from when the missiles struck Cloudsdale and the Valley to which the hidden bombs in Fillydelphia, Manehatten and Canterlot went off.

Not to mention what about units in transit, what about the front line fighters? Equestria was not given up for lost I'm guessing for several days after the bombs fell.

Harmony Ltd. wrote:Personally I call it The Holocaust.
Not a fan, while it does qualify as a genocide, I don't see it as a Holocaust as the end goal was not the death of all ponies everywhere but instead simply the destruction of the Nightmare Moon Administration (As the Zebras saw it)
Cptadder
Cptadder
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 118

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Sun Jun 09, 2013 8:35 am

From the point of view of the Zebra, genocide might not have been the intent.

But from the point of view of the average Equestrian on the street (and following by the average survivor), this had the smell, taste and appearance of a genocide attempt. Especially given the sheer amount of propaganda which had been produced by the ministry of image trying to portray the Zebra as trying to exterminate the ponies.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Sun Jun 09, 2013 11:41 am

And from the point of view of the Zebra as well, the fall of the megaspells might have looked awfully like an attempt at simply erasing them from existence.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Sun Jun 09, 2013 1:35 pm

This will only end in tears

Spoiler:
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Valikdu Sun Jun 09, 2013 1:41 pm

Harmony Ltd. wrote:This will only end in tears

Spoiler:

So, EqG is going to be an abysmal failure?
Well... no argument here.
Valikdu
Valikdu
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 192

Character List:
Name: Ion Storm
Sex: Female
Species: First One

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Sun Jun 09, 2013 1:55 pm

O. Hinds wrote:

Well, technically, in real life if the war were ever to turn hot between NATO and the Warsaw Pact, most of the nuclear exchange would have happened in the first 24-72 hours yeah, but it most likely would have continued for several weeks to several month as both side expended their second- and third-strike capabilities to try to wipe out the last pockets of resistance of the enemy.

These strikes being mostly from nuclear submarines, or tactical warhead used on the field by the last remnants of the armies as they continue to battle.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Sun Jun 09, 2013 2:29 pm

I know pretty much no-one will believe me... but I realised something recently.

Spoiler:
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Brohoof! : 121

Character List:
Name: Crimson Wings / Cherry Sundae
Sex: Male / Female
Species: Pegasus / Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Sun Jun 09, 2013 2:48 pm

I don't see a problem with not having any idea what to expect, or to not have any "plan".

I mean, that's the kind of things that differ from person to person and relationship to relationship anyway, so...
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 09, 2013 3:25 pm

Kippershy wrote:I know pretty much no-one will believe me... but I realised something recently.

Spoiler:
You and me both, mate. Theoretically, there is more to it than doing things both of you enjoy while enjoying one another's company, I think. (I do that with friends!)

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Sun Jun 09, 2013 3:28 pm

I find it hilarious considering I write a story centred around the very idea of having a relationship and the troubles it can go through.
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Brohoof! : 121

Character List:
Name: Crimson Wings / Cherry Sundae
Sex: Male / Female
Species: Pegasus / Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Sun Jun 09, 2013 4:10 pm

bark bark:
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Sun Jun 09, 2013 4:32 pm

Harmony Ltd. wrote:
bark bark:
I find it amusing that the wolf face looks mildly annoyed.

Ironmonger
Daemon Prince of Bad Puns

Brohoof! : 290

Character List:
Name: Cast Iron
Species: Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Sun Jun 09, 2013 4:34 pm

Wouldn't you be if someone else was wearing your skin ?
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Sun Jun 09, 2013 4:39 pm

Harmony Ltd. wrote:Wouldn't you be if someone else was wearing your skin ?
Considering how I have a tendency to always end up in some sort of trouble, I'd be mildly surprised. Applebloom

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Sun Jun 09, 2013 4:42 pm

That's what you get.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Sun Jun 09, 2013 4:49 pm

Should've paid that loan.

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Sun Jun 09, 2013 4:55 pm

Unrelated, but every time I read an article on the F-35 Joint Fighter Program, I end up rolling on the floor from laughter.

It's "The Pentagon Wars" all over again.

Good thing the United States play with infinite cash cheats activated, otherwise you'd be up shit creek if every Pentagon programs ended up being managed this incompetently.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Sun Jun 09, 2013 5:03 pm

for frost:
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 717

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Sun Jun 09, 2013 5:07 pm

lol fake
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by cb5 Sun Jun 09, 2013 5:58 pm

RoboRed wrote:
for frost:
I'd be shitting myself too if that happened.
cb5
cb5
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 19

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 31 of 32 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32  Next