Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

+23
Downloaded Skill
Derpmind
Moodyman90
Overthepacific
OneMoreDaySK
Meleagridis
WovenTales
Quotidian
Stringtheory
Ketchup
_Sindri
Valikdu
CamoBadger
Kippershy
Cptadder
iLateralGX
O. Hinds
StoneSlinger88
Frost
Sindri
RoboRed
Ironmonger
Harmony Ltd.
27 posters

Page 30 of 32 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31, 32  Next

Go down

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 30 Empty Never played this game before

Post by Meleagridis Fri Mar 22, 2013 11:43 pm

Guarddogjr wrote:Music Game
Has to be PH, right?

It's a moving on montage, but of something less traumatic than the normal reasons folk split in PH. Like leaving a place behind, like Flank.

I dunno. It screams Flank to me.
Meleagridis
Meleagridis
Ursa Major

Brohoof! : 134

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 30 Empty Re: [Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

Post by Kippershy Sat Mar 23, 2013 1:12 am

Nope, any FOE story that's been publicly released is acceptable.
If it can fit PH its better because we all know it, however.

edit: wait, I wrote this?
I don't remember that.

Last edited by Kippershy on Sat Mar 23, 2013 12:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Brohoof! : 121

Character List:
Name: Crimson Wings / Cherry Sundae
Sex: Male / Female
Species: Pegasus / Unicorn

Back to top Go down

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 30 Empty Re: [Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

Post by Valikdu Sat Mar 23, 2013 7:07 am

swicked wrote:Do any of you guys watch Let's Plays?
I read lparchive sometimes.

Somehow, the one of King's Quest: Mask of Eternity comes to mind. It's funny.
Valikdu
Valikdu
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 192

Character List:
Name: Ion Storm
Sex: Female
Species: First One

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Sat Mar 23, 2013 12:29 pm

I don't tend to watch Lets Plays, but I do watch gameplay of several games in series.

FrankieonPCin1080p, JackFrags, ScottManley

I'm sometimes tempted to make Lets Play videos, but I have no idea what to do at all. Is it to do walkthroughs or just to be funny while playing?
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Brohoof! : 121

Character List:
Name: Crimson Wings / Cherry Sundae
Sex: Male / Female
Species: Pegasus / Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Stringtheory Sat Mar 23, 2013 12:38 pm

Kippershy wrote:I don't tend to watch Lets Plays, but I do watch gameplay of several games in series.

FrankieonPCin1080p, JackFrags, ScottManley

I'm sometimes tempted to make Lets Play videos, but I have no idea what to do at all. Is it to do walkthroughs or just to be funny while playing?
depends on your style, though from what I've seen the funny people get more views/followers, because it's funny and people like funny things, also be unique.
whether its your play style and/or your commentary, make sure to do something no one else has done, unless you're sure you can do something someone else has done better then they can (or can promote better), but be prepared to take flak from that person and their fans if you go that route
good editing also helps, no one wants to watch you back track through half the game taking 15 minutes unless something hilarious happens, in that case only include the hilarious clip, or you can provide entertaining commentary for that 15 minutes
Stringtheory
Stringtheory
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 97

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Sat Mar 23, 2013 12:47 pm

There's different styles...

GalleyUK ( https://www.youtube.com/user/galleyuk ) provide complete, maximum difficulty, 100% secrets found walkthrough of games, and makes his commentaries through the us of youtube in-video commentaries boxes - a point I really like as it allow to, if you want it, phase-out the commentaries entirely and just have the game, with its music and dialogue.

At the opposite end of the spectrum, you have PewDiePie ( https://www.youtube.com/user/PewDiePie ) who goes all the way into funny / annoying, with facecams and voiceovers, and who do short (5-15 minutes) segments at least once a day.

Last edited by Harmony Ltd. on Sat Mar 23, 2013 1:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 543

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Sat Mar 23, 2013 1:12 pm

Personally I don't like his style, and much prefer GalleyUK's : when I watch a let's play, except if it's a Minecraft one[*], it's to see the game played, see the story, hear the music, without having to play it myself ; not to hear the inane commentaries of someone thinking he/she 's funny.

[*] for minecraft Let's Plays, I like Direwol20's ( https://www.youtube.com/user/direwolf20 ) style, because he's really creative (even if his creations lack aesthetic).

The only thing that bother me with let's play videos, is when they are longer than 15 minutes & published daily. Not everyone has half an hour to spend at a time watching someone else play videogames.

But that's just me. I know there's an audience for fuck-ass long let's play videos : speedruns, for example. I've once watched a (tool assisted) speedrun of Secret of Mana that was roughly an hour and a half long.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Valikdu Sat Mar 23, 2013 2:51 pm

Newsflash: the author of The Foal in the Basket is no longer MIA (has been since August) and the story has been updated.
Valikdu
Valikdu
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Stringtheory Sat Mar 23, 2013 2:54 pm

Valikdu wrote:Newsflash: the author of The Foal in the Basket is no longer MIA (has been since August) and the story has been updated.
hmm, looks interesting, now if only the author of Equestria: Total war would come back...(I don't think we have a sad emote)
Stringtheory
Stringtheory
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by OneMoreDaySK Sat Mar 23, 2013 2:55 pm

Can't really recommend any New Vegas Let's plays, but the ones I used to follow when watching Let's Plays were The Runaway Guys, specifically ProtonJon, as well as DeceasedCrab. Nowadays I'd rather play. XD
OneMoreDaySK
OneMoreDaySK
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 56

Character List:
Name: Alouette
Species: Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Sat Mar 23, 2013 3:00 pm

RE the FimFiction update debacle :

The other side of the fence => http://knighty33.tumblr.com/post/45640290306/starting-to-feel-a-bit-burned-out-from-all-this
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by CamoBadger Sat Mar 23, 2013 3:04 pm

Harmony Ltd. wrote:RE the FimFiction update debacle :

The other side of the fence => http://knighty33.tumblr.com/post/45640290306/starting-to-feel-a-bit-burned-out-from-all-this
"People who think don't fix what isn't broken applies to a 2 year old website"

But...that rule always applies...just because it's old doesn't mean it's broken!

...mother of god I just called a 2 year old website 'old'. I need to rethink my life...
CamoBadger
CamoBadger
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 588

Back to top Go down

Post by Stringtheory Sat Mar 23, 2013 3:05 pm

yeah, I saw that, poor Knighty, does so much hard work keeping FiMfiction running and yet gets so little gratitude (kinda like anyone in any position of authority ever, especially the head of something, see the president)
Stringtheory
Stringtheory
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Stringtheory Sat Mar 23, 2013 3:07 pm

CamoBadger wrote:

"People who think don't fix what isn't broken applies to a 2 year old website"

But...that rule always applies...just because it's old doesn't mean it's broken!

...mother of god I just called a 2 year old website 'old'. I need to rethink my life...
we think 'arrow to the knee' is an old meme despite it being only being a year and a couple months old now, time is just accelerated on the internet, because so many people can see something in such a short period of time
Stringtheory
Stringtheory
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Sat Mar 23, 2013 3:59 pm

Uh, Camo, the meaning of "2 years old" here is that it is YOUNG, and as such it is still developing. "Don't fix what's not broken" does not quite apply to something that's still pretty much in Beta, where features are still going to be added.

edit : fixed spelling errors. Goddamn I'm starting to write "phonetically" like a native speaker, confusing homophones... I don't know whether to be proud or horrified. I think I'll go with the latter.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Sat Mar 23, 2013 4:30 pm

for the zebra-lovers out there :

http://derpiboo.ru/171637
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by CamoBadger Sat Mar 23, 2013 4:31 pm

This I approve of.
CamoBadger
CamoBadger
Royal Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Sat Mar 23, 2013 4:35 pm

*bemused chuckle*
Frost
Frost
Crazed Gun-Toting 'Murican

Brohoof! : 503

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by CamoBadger Sat Mar 23, 2013 4:37 pm

Mister Frost wrote:*bemused chuckle*
You're confused?
CamoBadger
CamoBadger
Royal Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Sindri Sat Mar 23, 2013 4:40 pm

CamoBadger wrote:
Mister Frost wrote:*bemused chuckle*
You're confused?
be·muse transitive verb \bi-ˈmyüz, bē-\
1: to make confused : puzzle, bewilder
2: to occupy the attention of : distract, absorb
3: to cause to have feelings of wry or tolerant amusement
Sindri
Sindri
Changeling

Brohoof! : 171

Back to top Go down

Post by Valikdu Sat Mar 23, 2013 4:41 pm

Harmony Ltd. wrote:for the zebra-lovers out there :

Well, that seems to be good position for finding fucks.

What? You're all thinking it too.
Valikdu
Valikdu
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Sat Mar 23, 2013 5:45 pm

Valikdu wrote:

You're fired.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Valikdu Sat Mar 23, 2013 6:38 pm

Harmony Ltd. wrote:
Valikdu wrote:

You're fired.

Ok, I'll go. You stick around.
Valikdu
Valikdu
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by WovenTales Sun Mar 24, 2013 1:17 am

On the subject of LPs, there's also the division between live commentary or commenting over pre-recorded footage. I definitely prefer the former, but there are a few people I follow who do the second.

Anyway, very slightly closer to the original focus, I don't actually know anyone who's doing Dead Money, or even New Vegas, but I'd recommend checking out Zemalf. He's definitely in the slower-paced category, but has a good grasp on that style, and his videos are equally good to watch or to play in the background. Like I said, he doesn't have NV on his channel, but he is working his way through Broken Steel as a continuation of his Fallout 3 semi-roleplayed playthrough (has a lot more consideration for the character than most LPs, but also has OOC commentary when that would be better).

Besides him, Phoe is also a lot of fun—following the humor style of LPing—but a lot of you probably already knew of her from EqD. If you haven't seen it, though, her Pony Fantasy VI commentary is amazing.
WovenTales
WovenTales
Earth Pony

Brohoof! : 18

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Sun Mar 24, 2013 3:10 am

Valikdu wrote:Newsflash: the author of The Foal in the Basket is no longer MIA (has been since August) and the story has been updated.
Ah, thank you; I'd given that one up for dead.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Brohoof! : 383

Character List:
Name: Ris Haends Aeronauticus
Sex: Male
Species: Zebra

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Sun Mar 24, 2013 4:10 am

@"Let's Plays": Okay, I'd like to amend my previous statement. I guess technically I watch an LP almost every day. Usually Tobuscus with Happy Wheels. I first started watching Happy Wheels about a year ago when Nova stated playing it, and I started watching PewDiePie after my sister showed me a vid of him playing though it. I really haven't watched much of either lately though. I miss the days when Pewds played more scary games like Amnesia, Cry of Fear, Ghouls 3, SCP games, and other stuff like that.

stringtheory wrote:
hmm, looks interesting, now if only the author of Equestria: Total war would come back...(I don't think we have a sad emote)
You and me both. I like that fic.

Yes.

Valikdu wrote:

No, but you make a good point. Luna

In other news, I look at this and find myself giggling uncontrollably:
Spoiler:
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 717

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Valikdu Sun Mar 24, 2013 5:19 am

Chrysalis needed to SPAWN MORE OVERLORDS.

So, she did:
Do you think death is the worst thing that can happen to you here?
Infestation is what's coming for you.
Soon all will serve the swarm!

[image not explicit, but very creepy]
Valikdu
Valikdu
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 24, 2013 5:40 am

:|

That is all.

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Sun Mar 24, 2013 6:46 am

@ Enkidu : is there a fic linked to that ? There could be interesting character-drama to be had there...

Also, I note celestia still has here cutie mark, even if it is faded, so it means that most likely she still retain some amount of her previous personality / individuality.

Yeah, that could be interesting drama.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Sun Mar 24, 2013 7:23 am

I came up with the idea that Changelings in my story (read : the ones of this particular area) have been horribly mutated to the point that they look and function similar to Tyranids, minus the concept of devouring everything. I'm not ripping the Tyranids off, rather I am building off of them. Still tinkering with it.

Ironmonger
Daemon Prince of Bad Puns

Brohoof! : 290

Character List:
Name: Cast Iron
Sex: Male
Species: Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 30 of 32 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31, 32  Next