Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

+21
iLateralGX
Quotidian
tylertoon2
Downloaded Skill
Kippershy
IncoherentOrange
CamoBadger
Cptadder
OneMoreDaySK
RoboRed
O. Hinds
Moodyman90
Ironmonger
Caoimhe
Harmony Ltd.
Stringtheory
Frost
Sindri
Ketchup
CannonFodder
Valikdu
25 posters

Page 30 of 32 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31, 32  Next

Go down

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 30 Empty Re: [Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

Post by Ironmonger Wed Mar 06, 2013 8:09 pm

swicked wrote:@Camobadger
...all of Iron's posts are spam. Even the ones that are on-topic. He is the forum's spam factory.
He's like some kind of magical, metaphorical mystery meat machine.
Things are never dull around here at least. :v This is actually how I act for real.

Ironmonger
Daemon Prince of Bad Puns

Brohoof! : 290

Character List:
Name: Cast Iron
Sex: Male
Species: Unicorn

Back to top Go down

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 30 Empty Re: [Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

Post by Kippershy Wed Mar 06, 2013 8:33 pm

CamoBadger wrote:Did you just admit to spamming?!?!

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 30 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQg8cfmFjdqJDMvjrLpwUcU_n2ctRCMBTA6iLPXkd9V1iO3KJYF

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 30 Gladiator-2

Do you want to challenge me?
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Brohoof! : 121

Character List:
Name: Crimson Wings / Cherry Sundae
Sex: Male / Female
Species: Pegasus / Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by CamoBadger Wed Mar 06, 2013 8:39 pm

Kippershy wrote:

NOPE NOPE NOPE

No challenges are to be made against Kipper in regards to spam.

...not after last time...
CamoBadger
CamoBadger
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 588

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Wed Mar 06, 2013 8:54 pm

Kippershy wrote:
CamoBadger wrote:Did you just admit to spamming?!?!

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 30 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQg8cfmFjdqJDMvjrLpwUcU_n2ctRCMBTA6iLPXkd9V1iO3KJYF

Do it! Do it!

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Wed Mar 06, 2013 8:59 pm

*Wipes away the tears*

I know I say this all the time, but I really do love all of you.
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Wed Mar 06, 2013 9:30 pm

irrelevant:

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Wed Mar 06, 2013 9:31 pm

OH FUCK YES.
COFFEE MODE; ACTIVATED.
I can feel the energy rush of coffee making its wavy surges of raw power flowing through my body.
This is perfect, for I am finally on a roll with my writing.

Should have the chapter rewrite finished by tonight at this rate!
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Wed Mar 06, 2013 9:34 pm

Ironmonger wrote:
irrelevant:

Would you believe me that even here in the UK, I know of one shop that has this type of escalator?
I'm not talking escalators in general, but the useless little one that is designed for fatasses too lazy to go up three or four steps...
Yeah.
As a kid it made me happy because it was a novelty. These days it makes me sad because it shows what the world is coming to.
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Wed Mar 06, 2013 9:38 pm

If you rant about stuff like this while on coffee, then I think I like Coffee-Mode Kipper. XD

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Wed Mar 06, 2013 9:42 pm

swicked wrote:
Ironmonger wrote:If you rant about stuff like this while on coffee, then I think I like Coffee-Mode Kipper. XD
Coffee Kipper, Drunk Kipper and Shrooms Kipper are all very amusing.
One wonders why Kipper doesn't just stay on drugs all the time...
I don't think the internet can handle that much fuck.

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Wed Mar 06, 2013 9:59 pm

Ironmonger wrote:If you rant about stuff like this while on coffee, then I think I like Coffee-Mode Kipper. XD
Give me a topic, I dare you. No, I double dare you.

swicked wrote:
Ironmonger wrote:If you rant about stuff like this
while on coffee, then I think I like Coffee-Mode Kipper. XD
Coffee Kipper, Drunk Kipper and Shrooms Kipper are all very amusing.
One wonders why Kipper doesn't just stay on drugs all the time...
Bahahhaa. That would be damned amazing indeed. I think my boss would have a problem with that though, even when I'm not on drugs I can make people think I've taken something with the way I act IRL.

Still, a hilarious and godly idea.

Ironmonger wrote:
swicked wrote:*snip*
I don't think the internet can handle that much fuck.
Truer words... truer words.
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Wed Mar 06, 2013 10:01 pm

DARE ME DO YA? Those 'automatic' sinks in public bathrooms that don't do didly jack. That's right off the top of my head.

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Wed Mar 06, 2013 10:05 pm

Ironmonger wrote:DARE ME DO YA? Those 'automatic' sinks in public bathrooms that don't do didly jack. That's right off the top of my head.
Honestly never come across one that didn't work perfectly.
I mean, I've only come across one in my whole life mind you, but it worked flawlessly.

When my hand was below the tap in the sensors zone, the tap turned on without an issue and the temperature was just right. There was no need to have it any hotter and it wasn't scalding so win win there.

I mean, I get that if you install a touch-free tap without proper planning on how the system works or do it on the cheap and use inferior parts you might not get a properly working tap (or a tap that only works properly sometimes...) but from my experience I've never had problems.
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Wed Mar 06, 2013 10:09 pm

Kippershy wrote:
Honestly never come across one that didn't work perfectly.
I mean, I've only come across one in my whole life mind you, but it worked flawlessly.

When my hand was below the tap in the sensors zone, the tap turned on without an issue and the temperature was just right. There was no need to have it any hotter and it wasn't scalding so win win there.

I mean, I get that if you install a touch-free tap without proper planning on how the system works or do it on the cheap and use inferior parts you might not get a properly working tap (or a tap that only works properly sometimes...) but from my experience I've never had problems.
At the risk of getting this thread started on one of those weird-ass subjects, 75% of those contraptions are bovine-manure where I come from.
*snaps fingers in thought* Lesee, what else is there to rant about...Incompetent fast-food workers! Trollestia

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 06, 2013 10:16 pm

Minor spoilers for IDW comics:

In other news, my sister was in a high school play and it rocked. They did "Our Town," and they did it well. Very... cathartic, I guess. It's very slice of life-y, but witty and engaging enough to be very entertaining, if done well, I guess. Anyway, I'm super proud of her so I'm just saying. :)

Also just popping in to say that caffeine is great. I have soooo many things to do, despite being on break, but caffeine will see me through.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Wed Mar 06, 2013 10:24 pm

Not sure what to make of that one, to be honest with you.
Are we talking truly incompetent or simply having a bad day and not capable of having your Big Mac to you within 30 seconds of you ordering it "incompetent"?

Because although I don't work in a fast food joint, I do work in retail and understand both the pressures and daily grind of having to work for the greater public in such a role.
It's often demeaning and undervalued. People treat you like utter shit and act like they are above you simply because you're doing a job.

I swear, working where I do (a supermarket) and doing the job I do (mostly shelf stacking, though I do a LOT of BTS jobs too) I get a lot of grief from customers who don't believe me when we're out of stock or whom simply get angry over silly things.

I've had customers shout at me because we've ran out of stock for things that aren't even on my department (and clearly so).
I've had customers get angry at me because on the first day after a store refit / rearrange, I didn't know where most items had moved to.
Somehow I was supposed to know where everything was in less than three hours despite the fact I have a job to do and can't go wandering around trying to relearn everything.

The worst customers for me though are the ones who, like I say, think that simply because you're doing a retail job that you're somehow below them in social status and that means you have to be treated like shit.
Half of these people look like they're on government benefits because they're too fat and lazy to work (no, seriously.) and yet still treat you like dirt despite the fact you're doing everything you can to be friendly and helpful to them.

So yes, it all depends on how incompetent you mean. If you mean truly incompetent and obviously doesn't have an IQ over 50, then I agree they are a fucking pain in the ass to try and deal with to get what you're after, especially so when it's something simple and standard and they still manage to fuck it up somehow.

However, if you mean simply having a bad day or being overloaded with work orders, I can't respect that.
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Wed Mar 06, 2013 10:31 pm

I was referring to actual incompetence, but after thinking on just what I was jabbing at, it may be a little hypocritical.

At the restaurants around here, the service people do stuff such as getting the order correct, reciting it back to you, then getting it wrong or completely different.

Here's where that hypocritical part comes in; I do the same exact thing with instructions sometimes. I can be told something, repeat it back word for word, then do the exact opposite of what I was told for some weird reason. I don't even have to be under stress.

The subject was just something off of the top of my head, I didn't mean any offense to anyone.

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Wed Mar 06, 2013 10:47 pm

swicked wrote:
Kippershy wrote:I've had customers get angry at me because on the first day after a store refit / rearrange, I didn't know where most items had moved to.
Somehow I was supposed to know where everything was in less than three hours despite the fact I have a job to do and can't go wandering around trying to relearn everything.
...did you try and help them find it? Or call in for the info or for someone else to help?
'Cause, admittedly, when the service person doesn't know where something is, I DO kinda expect them to find some way to help me...

Of course. I'll always go around the store with them if I have some idea where it may be hiding / think it'll be somewhere obvious enough with a little effort.
If it's something obscure that I'd have no hope in hell of finding on my own, I'll have a quick look around shop floor for a member of the respective department to see if they know.
If there's no-one around, I'll request a moment of their time as I go out back to try find out for them.

I admit, there ARE times where I'll go out back, see no-one around and simply tell them I found someone but we're all out of stock, but that isn't anything like even 1/10 times.

I'm exceptional for my service. The deputy managers don't care to notice it at all but pretty much everyone who knows of me knows I'll put my all into every customer if I can help it. Even when I'm trying to do something and on a tight schedule if it's possible I'll do it myself and if it's not I'll be as polite as possible and direct them to the nearest member of staff who will be able to help them.

It's my job and my nature to be helpful, but treating me like shit from the word go doesn't help it any.
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Wed Mar 06, 2013 11:15 pm

Ironmonger wrote:I was referring to actual incompetence, but after thinking on just what I was jabbing at, it may be a little hypocritical.

At the restaurants around here, the service people do stuff such as getting the order correct, reciting it back to you, then getting it wrong or completely different.

Here's where that hypocritical part comes in; I do the same exact thing with instructions sometimes. I can be told something, repeat it back word for word, then do the exact opposite of what I was told for some weird reason. I don't even have to be under stress.

The subject was just something off of the top of my head, I didn't mean any offense to anyone.

Missed this. Don't worry about me, it's damn hard to offend me unless I'm having a bad day already.
Even if I go off on one like that, don't think about it, really. With me I can go off on a subject one moment and be completely fine the next... or even as I'm going off on one!
Anyway, I think we all have those kind've moments.

I just dislike the general misconception that working in retail or a service = less of a person.
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Wed Mar 06, 2013 11:57 pm

swicked wrote:
Kippershy wrote:Fucking hell, I just can't turn this song off.

All of my feels ;___;
Anyway, back at home, can watch this now.
The song's really pretty, and it's funny how Celestia talks about how great she was, and how great her shadow was.
Long story short, I love the song... like with all "feels" things, gets a nice dark chuckle out of me :P

Edit:
Actually, with each listen, the tinglies get stronger. This is really great :D

Yes, let the feels flow through you.
[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 30 13210810
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by CamoBadger Wed Mar 06, 2013 11:59 pm

All of my feels ;___;
That is one of my favorite fan songs, it's absolutely beautiful.
CamoBadger
CamoBadger
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 588

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Thu Mar 07, 2013 12:09 am

Swicked wrote:

*points all of his fingers at you as if they're sprouting magical lightning-storms of feels*

FEEELLLLS

CamoBadger wrote:
I like how everyone is quoting my post with that song. Makes me feel good for pointing it out, haha.

Another of my favourite fan made songs (because that's one of my favourites too) is this (and the rest of the series):

Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Thu Mar 07, 2013 12:20 am

swicked wrote:

All of my feels ;___;
Anyway, back at home, can watch this now.
The song's really pretty, and it's funny how Celestia talks about how great she was, and how great her shadow was.
Long story short, I love the song... like with all "feels" things, gets a nice dark chuckle out of me :P

Edit:
Actually, with each listen, the tinglies get stronger. This is really great :D
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Brohoof! : 383

Character List:
Name: Ris Haends Aeronauticus
Species: Zebra

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Thu Mar 07, 2013 12:57 am

swicked wrote:
O. Hinds wrote:
Hehe... pain! Anguish! Jealousy and bitter hatred!
This is great stuff ^_^

Oh, and the poetry is FANTASTIC!
Really, train the farmers to work in greenhouses or with magically modified plants, train the weather pegasi to add more heat, train unicorns to supply magic, rebuild the infrastructure to cope, and Equestria could probably be ready for eternal night in under a decade. There's the possibility of international difficulties, though...
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Brohoof! : 383

Character List:
Name: Ris Haends Aeronauticus
Species: Zebra

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Thu Mar 07, 2013 1:02 am

I've read them once or twice, but I don't usually read reviews unless I have an issue with something and want to see what other people think about it.

(Though I do like your reviews, they're unique and fun.)
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Valikdu Thu Mar 07, 2013 1:21 am

swicked wrote:
Or be a thousands-year old, truly epic spellcaster, and enchant the moon to be everything the sun was, and more.

Or, heck, consume the sun entirely, let there be one heavenly body left to the sky with the power of both.

Night's Favored Child. Great story, that one.
Valikdu
Valikdu
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 192

Character List:
Name: Ion Storm
Sex: Female
Species: First One

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Thu Mar 07, 2013 1:22 am

For me it's the whole LMR aspect to it all. It makes it all the more interesting.
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Thu Mar 07, 2013 1:44 am

It's because you put thought into which piece of art fits for each message you're trying to convey that it works so well.
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Thu Mar 07, 2013 7:56 am

Kippershy wrote:*points all of his fingers at you as if they're sprouting magical lightning-storms of feels*
FEEELLLLS
Unlimited-*points fingers* FEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLSSS! *forum people rise into the air and incinerate from all the feels*

Feels for the feels god! Jimmies for the jimmies throne!

LET THE INTERNET BUUUUUUUURN!

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Thu Mar 07, 2013 9:09 am

Oh god. Hahhahaha.
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 30 of 32 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31, 32  Next