Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

+21
iLateralGX
Quotidian
tylertoon2
Downloaded Skill
Kippershy
IncoherentOrange
CamoBadger
Cptadder
OneMoreDaySK
RoboRed
O. Hinds
Moodyman90
Ironmonger
Caoimhe
Harmony Ltd.
Stringtheory
Frost
Sindri
Ketchup
CannonFodder
Valikdu
25 posters

Page 17 of 32 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 24 ... 32  Next

Go down

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 17 Empty Re: [Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

Post by Frost Fri Mar 01, 2013 5:06 pm

And then it mauls her, right?
Frost
Frost
Crazed Gun-Toting 'Murican

Brohoof! : 503

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 17 Empty Re: [Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

Post by Harmony Ltd. Fri Mar 01, 2013 5:07 pm

Shark jumping !
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 543

Back to top Go down

Post by Sindri Fri Mar 01, 2013 5:09 pm

Harmony Ltd. wrote:Fluttershy and manticore :

http://derpiboo.ru/259299
That's pretty.

...and then it leads me into the 'centaur' section on derpibooru. I regret.
Sindri
Sindri
Changeling

Brohoof! : 171

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Fri Mar 01, 2013 5:11 pm

Man, just got out from diner, and I'm still hungry.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Valikdu Fri Mar 01, 2013 5:21 pm

Suddenly Shepard.
Spoiler:
Valikdu
Valikdu
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 192

Character List:
Name: Ion Storm
Sex: Female
Species: First One

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Fri Mar 01, 2013 5:25 pm

Valikdu wrote:Suddenly Shepard.
Spoiler:

Do want
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Fri Mar 01, 2013 5:25 pm

Looks like someone got wasted. Literally.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Stringtheory Fri Mar 01, 2013 5:49 pm

CamoBadger wrote:lol
no, the artist never read the story:
that's actually surprisingly accurate, if presented in a stupid way
Stringtheory
Stringtheory
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 97

Back to top Go down

Post by Valikdu Fri Mar 01, 2013 5:55 pm

CCP promises to release information on the World of Darkness MMORPG in April.
Valikdu
Valikdu
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 192

Character List:
Name: Ion Storm
Sex: Female
Species: First One

Back to top Go down

Post by Sindri Fri Mar 01, 2013 6:14 pm

Valikdu wrote:CCP promises to release information on the World of Darkness MMORPG in April.
...I'm trying to figure out a way in which that could not be terrible.
Sindri
Sindri
Changeling

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Fri Mar 01, 2013 6:19 pm

Is it New world or Old world?
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by AGurdel Fri Mar 01, 2013 6:36 pm

Looks like a cup maker is a fan of Deus.

http://9gag.com/gag/6667362

/edit
@Kippershy: When I look at your post below, I have the feeling you have one of these cups on your desk.

Last edited by AGurdel on Fri Mar 01, 2013 6:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
AGurdel
AGurdel
Colt/Filly

Brohoof! : 6

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Fri Mar 01, 2013 6:37 pm

Gonna join in on the game.

S7 - I could put an 8, but I think to reach 8 I'd actually have to go down the gym. Currently I don't bother but when I want to, I can show displays of strength capable of two men. There's been a good amount of times where it should take two people to do something and I've done it alone, sometimes with ease.
P5 - In some ways I perceive a lot of things. Low confidence means I don't pick up on signals meant for me, but I always tend to pick up on signals for others, I can usually tell when something is wrong. My hearing is selective between amazing and shit and really I should be wearing glasses though. I have huge focus issues.
E8 - possible that it's a 9 even. The things I grin and bear, the times I don't even notice pain at all. I have a mindset of never giving up until I literally can't stand/move so yeah, 8. Wish I was fitter, if I was fitter I'd happily rank it as a 9.
C7 - I may be an ugly cunt, but I'm somehow very likeable despite being a cunt and though I've got my confidence issues, I'm always seen as the guy to know and everyone has a good time when I'm around... again, despite me being a real cunt and knowing it. If I was good looking too, it wouldn't be rated as high, but it goes up because I still manage to be who I am despite it.
I6 - maybe it could be ranked higher, depends who you base me off. Personally, I don't like to imagine I'm amazingly smart, puts pressure on me to make something out of it otherwise. Still, I look at many things and wonder how fucking stupid people have to be.
A3 - I'm large and slow. I take my time moving around and though I have my moments of nimbleness and though I've got good balance, I'm not agile at all.
L3 - born deformed, but my other physical traits make up for it somewhat. born into a first world country, but not a great family. My family life is a complete and utter fucking mess, I was kicked out of home at the age of 17 and then from a different home at 19.
I'm lucky to have the chance to live alone, but not to have no other option.
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Brohoof! : 121

Character List:
Name: Crimson Wings / Cherry Sundae
Sex: Male / Female
Species: Pegasus / Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Fri Mar 01, 2013 6:54 pm

I'm terrible at evaluating myself, so I'm not sure if I should bother
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Fri Mar 01, 2013 8:01 pm

ALL HAIL THE PC MASTER RACE: http://www.pcgamer.com/2013/02/28/pc-way-more-popular-with-devs-than-next-gen-consoles-according-to-poll/
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 717

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sindri Fri Mar 01, 2013 9:39 pm

RoboRed wrote:ALL HAIL THE PC MASTER RACE: http://www.pcgamer.com/2013/02/28/pc-way-more-popular-with-devs-than-next-gen-consoles-according-to-poll/
Please. A poll says whatever the pollster wants it to, based on who they ask, what the wording of the question is, etc. An article in a PC magazine saying PC is better is invalid pretty much by default.
I do prefer to play on PC, and I'd be willing to believe that devs like it more, but that poll doesn't actually provide any evidence.
Sindri
Sindri
Changeling

Back to top Go down

Post by Sindri Fri Mar 01, 2013 10:39 pm

More Blackjack in the Drawfriend: http://piecee01.deviantart.com/art/Project-Horizons-The-Monster-357047939
Sindri
Sindri
Changeling

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Fri Mar 01, 2013 10:40 pm

@Valikdu:
Aye, I'm reading that one; it seems good so far.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Brohoof! : 383

Character List:
Name: Ris Haends Aeronauticus
Sex: Male
Species: Zebra

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Fri Mar 01, 2013 11:38 pm

swicked wrote:In their defense, they aren't reporting on their own poll. They are reporting on one done by "Gamasutra", which wikipedia claims focuses on game development in general, for any system or platform.
This. I did look at the article first to make sure it wasn't a PC Gamer article done on a PC Gamer poll before I posted the link.

Gamasutra article: http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/187292/GDC_State_of_the_Industry_research_reveals_key_trends.php#.UTFx6leWPkd

Furthermore, Gamasutra and the Game Developer's Conference (GDC) are owned by a multimedia corporation: UBM Tech. These cover all different media platforms, and I'd say are hardly spun towards being PC-only.
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Sat Mar 02, 2013 12:12 am

So, if there any fellow wargamers/similar people here, have any of you respective people heard about the tabletop game called Warmachine?

Ironmonger
Daemon Prince of Bad Puns

Brohoof! : 290

Character List:
Name: Cast Iron
Species: Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Stringtheory Sat Mar 02, 2013 12:13 am

Ironmonger wrote:So, if there any fellow wargamers/similar people here, have any of you respective people heard about the tabletop game called Warmachine?
I've heard of it, never played, so I can't say much about it
Stringtheory
Stringtheory
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Sat Mar 02, 2013 12:16 am

It's similar to any other fantasy wargame with swordsmen, mages, and archers/gunners, but with the twist that there are big stompy Magitek golem-robots called Warjacks. Pretty neat stuff, and I'm using it as some inspiration for my story (that means the false Dreadnoughts might be going bye-bye). One of my favorite 'Jacks so far is the Deathjack.
Spoiler:

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Stringtheory Sat Mar 02, 2013 12:20 am

Ironmonger wrote:It's similar to any other fantasy wargame with swordsmen, mages, and archers/gunners, but with the twist that there are big stompy Magitek golem-robots called Warjacks. Pretty neat stuff, and I'm using it as some inspiration for my story (that means the false Dreadnoughts might be going bye-bye). One of my favorite 'Jacks so far is the Deathjack.
Spoiler:
figures that would be your favorite, glad to hear the false dreadnoughts are going away, I for some reason really dislike blatant expo's/rip-offs from other settings I know, so that's where I stopped reading
Stringtheory
Stringtheory
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Sat Mar 02, 2013 12:25 am

stringtheory wrote:
figures that would be your favorite, glad to hear the false dreadnoughts are going away, I for some reason really dislike blatant expo's/rip-offs from other settings I know, so that's where I stopped reading
Heh, yeah, sometimes I don't have my head screwed on straight when I create something or implement an idea. We're reworking 90% of the setting. Anyway, so far in Warmachine there's a faction that has a hard-on for lightning weapons, Glorious Mother Russian expies with the toughest and hardest-hitting melee Warjacks in the game, some Undead guys that use beasties like the Deathjack, some sort of church-militant faction based on the Templars, and of course elves with their fancy-ass tech.

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by tylertoon2 Sat Mar 02, 2013 1:55 am

S 5(Do I lift Bro? No I don't, I am pretty much a goddamn weakling but I make up for it by turning myself into a pack mule)

P 4-6 (Takes me forever to figure out the most blindingly obvious solutions to things, but eyesight and hearing are fine but due to my traits I tend to be ether really focused or utterly oblivious )

E 6 (No broken bones, or health issues, )

C 8 (Despite my eccentricities or maybe because of them I manage to be very well known and liked by my peers even though I am a raging nerd)

I 6 (I make up my horribleness with mathmatics and everything like it with general knowledge of a variety of things. That being said, I hate puzzles and logic related things)

A 5 (I'm okay, nothing special)

L ? (
tylertoon2
tylertoon2
Hydra

Brohoof! : 51

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

https://www.youtube.com/user/tylertoon2

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Sat Mar 02, 2013 2:14 am

Ran into this. Pretty interesting read.

http://www.roundstable.com/2013/01/21/when-green-isnt-your-color-being-a-colorblind-pony-fan/

(I'm thankful I'm not colorblind. No offense to those who are.)
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Sat Mar 02, 2013 2:24 am

I've been trying to imagine what a centnova (what I'm thinking is the Pax Roamana's version of the Bf 109 and their primary pre-jet fighter) would sound like. I'm thinking that the engine noise might be something like this, but of course there'd be propellor noise added in. Since the Pax Roamana's engines are mostly (entirely?) two-stroke, there'd also possibly be the sound of the compressor. Speaking of which, what do you think of a two-stage system with a turbocharger feeding a supercharger (or would it be better the other way around)?
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ketchup Sat Mar 02, 2013 2:27 am

RoboRed wrote:Ran into this. Pretty interesting read.

http://www.roundstable.com/2013/01/21/when-green-isnt-your-color-being-a-colorblind-pony-fan/

(I'm thankful I'm not colorblind. No offense to those who are.)
Indeed, that is quite interesting. My father is colorblind, which lead to problems when he played World of Tanks or Pikmin.
Ketchup
Ketchup
The Condiment

Brohoof! : 114

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Sat Mar 02, 2013 3:00 am

O. Hinds wrote:I've been trying to imagine what a centnova (what I'm thinking is the Pax Roamana's version of the Bf 109 and their primary pre-jet fighter) would sound like. I'm thinking that the engine noise might be something like this, but of course there'd be propellor noise added in. Since the Pax Roamana's engines are mostly (entirely?) two-stroke, there'd also possibly be the sound of the compressor. Speaking of which, what do you think of a two-stage system with a turbocharger feeding a supercharger (or would it be better the other way around)?
Well, I can't think for a crap right now since programming has sapped my mind of all energy, so here's a wiki article on twincharging, including info on both series and parallel configurations. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Twincharger

Also, I could've sworn the Lancia Delta S4 engine was twincharged...http://www.speedhunters.com/2013/02/the-triflux/

What my addled mind says right now is this: it depends on need. Twincharging is designed to increase throttle response by countering the shortcomings of both means of induction. Supers generally have an even power distribution across the revline, though some have more power at low rpm. Turbos have power concentrated at the higher revs once the exhaust from the engine is more plentiful. Either way, forced induction would be beneficial to an engine operating at higher altitudes, maintaining power though a proper air-fuel mixture.

The offset of a twincharged system is complexity from parts. I'm not really sure though if it would be a good idea to cram that all into a little fuselage, or what it would do to maneuverability, despite a boon to acceleration. Plus, a hit to a complex system like that on anyplace will likely wreck your day. Supers would probably be ideal.

I may or may not have followed an incorrect train of logic here...fuckitallI'mgoingtobed...

Last edited by RoboRed on Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:00 am; edited 1 time in total
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Sat Mar 02, 2013 3:39 am

RoboRed wrote:
O. Hinds wrote:I've been trying to imagine what a centnova (what I'm thinking is the Pax Roamana's version of the Bf 109 and their primary pre-jet fighter) would sound like. I'm thinking that the engine noise might be something like this, but of course there'd be propellor noise added in. Since the Pax Roamana's engines are mostly (entirely?) two-stroke, there'd also possibly be the sound of the compressor. Speaking of which, what do you think of a two-stage system with a turbocharger feeding a supercharger (or would it be better the other way around)?
Well, I can't think for a crap right now since programming has sapped my mind of all energy, so here's a wiki article on twincharging, including info on both series and parallel configurations. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Twincharger

Also, I could've sworn the Lancia Delta S4 engine was twincharged...http://www.speedhunters.com/2013/02/the-triflux/

What my addled mind says right now is this: it depends on need. Twincharging is designed to increase throttle response by countering the shortcomings of both means of induction. Supers generally have an even power distribution across the revline, though some have more power at low rpm. Turbos have power concentrated at the higher revs once the exhaust from the engine is more plentiful. Either way, forced induction would be beneficial to an engine operating at higher altitudes, maintaining power though a proper air-fuel mixture.

The offset of a twincharged system is complexity from parts. I'm not really sure though if it would be a good idea to cram that all into a little fuselage, or what it would do to maneuverability, despite a boon to acceleration. Plus, a hit to a complex system like that on anyplace will likely wreck your day. Supers would probably be ideal.

I may or may not have followed an incorrect train of logic here...fuckitallI'mgoingtobed...
Ah, thanks! I didn't know that this already existed. Quite interesting. You might be right about just using the supercharger (which the engine, being a two-stroke diesel, won't run without anyway), though; I'd originally thought of twincharged Zebra aero engines for the Munditiae, and it hadn't occurred to me that the system might be too heavy and/or bulky for a fighter. (There's also the issue of heat, which, while it could be dealt with by Zebra engineering, would probably add to the cost of the engine.)

Oh, I also think that the Bf109's cranked inertial starter needs replacing for the Centnowae. What do you (plural) think: an electric starter run off the plane's batteries (or external power), or a pneumatic starter run off an external air supply (or an emergency hoofpump)?
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 17 of 32 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 24 ... 32  Next