Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Opinions on the FO:E content on the site

+8
Ketchup
Nightfire
Tia
XT Vengeance
CamoBadger
Moodyman90
Sky Cloud
Derpy Hooves
12 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Opinions on the FO:E content on the site - Page 2 Empty Re: Opinions on the FO:E content on the site

Post by CamoBadger Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:50 pm

Reverb Blaze wrote:my opinion, we should have more variety. the FO:E can stay, but really, if it's going to keep going like this just rename it into FO:Eville.
There is variety here. Just because we have a large population of FOE fans does not mean that's all we care about here. Everyone still participates in the other threads, we talk about the show and we post pictures and songs in other threads, etc. If you want more variety, make more variety. If it's an interesting topic, then people will respond. If not, they wont. It's how the internet works.
CamoBadger
CamoBadger
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 588

Back to top Go down

Opinions on the FO:E content on the site - Page 2 Empty Re: Opinions on the FO:E content on the site

Post by Nightfire Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:52 pm

XT Vengeance wrote:Oh silly, silly child. I have been on the internet since I was thirteen or fourteen. And that is just forums. I have been on the actual internet before you were born.
Funny wonder what happen to that whole "Love and Tolerance" you mentioned.

CamoBadger wrote:
Nightfire wrote:
I have been, but if YOU take a
good and I mean a very good look at it you don't see many 'regular'
members here who only like the ponies and not the PH or FO:E or whatever
you people got really going. They may get overwhelmed with the large
thread dedication to the story or other stuff, the section is not doing
anything bad it's more for organizing, this site is practically a mess
with things all over the place. All I'm saying is the FO:E / PH people
grew big enough to get their own section, it's not bad and I bet if you
went on other sites or been on as many forums I have you'd understand
that greatly. I'm not saying "OUT WITH PH / FO:E" all I'm saying is we
keep it a little more organized. (I did just realize the forum thing was
out of hand, I've seen some of the dedicated sites.)
I don't
see a need to give them a separate section. It would just be
ridiculous. The site is already organized enough, and the FOE threads
fit perfectly into the current organization. I fail to see any problem
with our current organization, and actually it's quite a lot better than
other sites I've been on before.
When I was on RGC and we moved to a new site it was a disaster, so many members leaving and leadership changes that it plunged it into a dead forum that is slowly being revived by me and some other people. Think of that as this forum kinda, when all this "take over" happened it overwhelmed people and they didn't feel like they really could fit in causing them to leave, I've tried coming back to site (Acted like a dick a little) tried acting kind and little too goofy with people and that plunged me further. In my opinion this site became a walking dead place only for those people. Though I've noticed the site recently becoming to it's old self just with a little turn of new topics.
Nightfire
Nightfire
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : -19

Character List:
Name: Alice / Ranger
Sex: Female / Male
Species: Pegasus / Time traveler

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:54 pm

That is, in fact, the purpose of the handy "New Topic" button. You have something interesting to share, you do so and share it with all of your fellow denizens. Hell, a while back Iron and I had a gun thread running, but it died, which saddened me.
Frost
Frost
Crazed Gun-Toting 'Murican

Brohoof! : 503

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by CamoBadger Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:55 pm

Okay, new rule for this thread and further discussion:
Do not call it a "take over".
CamoBadger
CamoBadger
Royal Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightfire Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:56 pm

Well I'm done talking about it, I'll watch and see how this forum turns out, it's more or less might actually turn good I'm just more confused at the moment.
Nightfire
Nightfire
Royal Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:58 pm

CamoBadger wrote:Okay, new rule for this thread and further discussion:

Aww, let me have this, Camo. Only other thing I've taken over is a taco stand, and I was forced to abandon it when I ran out of tacos and realized the owner was coming back
Frost
Frost
Crazed Gun-Toting 'Murican

Brohoof! : 503

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightfire Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:59 pm

Mister Frost wrote:

Aww, let me have this, Camo. Only other thing I've taken over is a taco stand, and I was forced to abandon it when I ran out of tacos and realized the owner was coming back
Oh my, did you go bankrupt? O~O Cats can fix that you know?
Nightfire
Nightfire
Royal Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by CamoBadger Thu Jan 31, 2013 12:00 am

Stop with the off topic. Now.
CamoBadger
CamoBadger
Royal Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by jacky2734 Thu Jan 31, 2013 12:01 am

Hey, in all fairness, I joined as part of the FOE:PH crew and have, on many occasions, posted non-FOE topics, participated in non-FOE discussions, attempted to revive a few popular threads that got washed away by the FOE threads, and have even tried to get feedback on an idea I had for a Fanfic.

On top of that, two of the PHCC threads don't really have anything to do with FOE, one of them is for a Minecraft server, and the other is just for general chat between the members of the PHCC.

Furthermore, the PH-RP has strayed so far from it's origins that it's hardly even FOE related anymore. Well, most of Season 2 wasn't, I'm not sure about season 3 and I dropped out somewhere near the end of season 2.

So really, if we're going by the Latest Topics list, only about 3 or 4 threads are actually related to FOE in anything more than the name.

Major point to think about:
Speaking of the Latest Topics list, I blame it for the lack of unique threads in this forum. Think about it, how many times have you've come to the sight, looked at the "Latest Topics" list, stuck to those ten threads, and then not even bother to check out any of the other subforums on this sight for interesting threads that were forgotten about?
jacky2734
jacky2734
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 36

Character List:
Name: Kage/Searing Willow
Sex: male/male
Species: Gryphon/Deer

Back to top Go down

Post by Moonlight Thu Jan 31, 2013 12:04 am

I apologize, but that is what it seemed and felt like when whatever-you-call-it initially happened. I merely used that phrase to describe what my feelings were at the time of its occurrence. If you believe that it isn't an appropriate phrase, then I respect that and will from now on refrain myself from referring to it as such. Again, I apologize.

P.S. I know that it may be difficult to tell because it's only text, but I truly am sincere about it and intend no sarcasm.
Moonlight
Moonlight
Hydra

Brohoof! : 23

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ketchup Thu Jan 31, 2013 12:08 am

I don't see the point of any segregation between PH readers and those that don't. As far as I can tell, very broadly speaking, we are all the same kind of person: the kind that like ponies. There's pretty much no difference, and we aren't impeding other topics. I'm frankly surprised why this became an issue at all.
It wasn't a take-over, it was a bunch of loud neighbors moving in next door who sometimes come over to share art, jokes, and play games.
Ketchup
Ketchup
The Condiment

Brohoof! : 114

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by CamoBadger Thu Jan 31, 2013 12:09 am

Moonlight wrote:

I apologize, but that is what it seemed and felt like when whatever-you-call-it initially happened. I merely used that phrase to describe what my feelings were at ye time of its occurrence. If you believe that it isn't an appropriate phrase, then I respect that and will from now on refrain myself from referring to it as such. Again, I apologize.

P.S. I know that it may be difficult to tell because it's only text, but I truly am sincere about it and intend no sarcasm.
I know and it's fine. I just hate when that phrase is used because the PH group is still a part of the MLP fandom, so I just can't stand it when they are pushed into some special group that is accused of taking over the forum when they are part of our group and community already. So what if they talk about FOE and PH alot? It's still a part of the fandom, it's still ponies. It's discussed a lot here because it's loved by a majority of the users. Other things are still discussed, but as with all forums, the topics that are more popular will seem more common and larger than those that aren't necessarily as popular.
CamoBadger
CamoBadger
Royal Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Sky Cloud Thu Jan 31, 2013 12:10 am

this is just a side note, take it in whatever meaning that you feel is best for it

i feel that the admins are a bit biased on the Fo:E side........
Sky Cloud
Sky Cloud
Ursa Minor

Brohoof! : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by jacky2734 Thu Jan 31, 2013 12:14 am

Sky Cloud wrote:this is just a side note, take it in whatever meaning that you feel is best for it

Aren't you an administrator, or a moderator.

... Wait, what does the Pink name color mean?
jacky2734
jacky2734
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sky Cloud Thu Jan 31, 2013 12:14 am

jacky2734 wrote:
Sky Cloud wrote:this is just a side note, take it in whatever meaning that you feel is best for it

Aren't you an administrator, or a moderator.

... Wait, what does the Pink name color mean?
Moderator.....
Sky Cloud
Sky Cloud
Ursa Minor

Back to top Go down

Post by jacky2734 Thu Jan 31, 2013 12:15 am

I rest my case.
jacky2734
jacky2734
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Moodyman90 Thu Jan 31, 2013 12:16 am

I full admit and accept blame of calling it a [phrase not found] ever since the beginning.

I recall calling it as such when we first showed up, when all of the top poster list were filled with people who joined following the PH discussion, and especially when those people, myself included, made over 1000 post individually and the numbers kept going.

And for that I am sorry for my part in the use of that phrase.
Moodyman90
Moodyman90
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 163

Character List:
Name: Moody Blues/ Moodstone
Sex: Male/ Male
Species: Earth Pony/ Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by CamoBadger Thu Jan 31, 2013 12:17 am

If you can point out a spot where I've been biased for either side, please let me know. I'm not saying you're wrong, I'm just curious.
CamoBadger
CamoBadger
Royal Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Sky Cloud Thu Jan 31, 2013 12:18 am

CamoBadger wrote:

If you can point out a spot where I've been biased for either side, please let me know. I'm not saying you're wrong, I'm just curious.
from what im seeing, correct me by all means if im wrong, i havn't exactly seen you see things from our perspective, and you've been defending Fo:E alot...
Sky Cloud
Sky Cloud
Ursa Minor

Back to top Go down

Post by jacky2734 Thu Jan 31, 2013 12:19 am

Hey Moody, don't blame yourself. I'm the one who made the joke about us being an invading army sitting outside Cloudsville's doors.
jacky2734
jacky2734
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Tia Thu Jan 31, 2013 12:19 am

i believe its because camo just randomly made the rule of the not being allowed to call it a "take over",

i live in america, that is kinda like taking away our right to say Obama sucks, congress screwed up, i don't like the way our government does things

EDIT: i never actually meant any of those things, just an example
Tia
Tia
Unicorn

Brohoof! : 7

Character List:
Name: RainbowJJP
Sex: Colt
Species: Pegasus

http://rainbowjjp.malware-site.www

Back to top Go down

Post by Moonlight Thu Jan 31, 2013 12:21 am

In the defense of both arguments, what leader, or person in general, isn't biased in some form or another? It's just as fair to say that some of the non-Fo:E members are biased against the Fo:E side. Besides, Camo and Robo both participate in the Fallout conversations and such from what I can tell, and just as any brony is biased toward the mlp side, anyone interested in Fo:E will be biased to that. Of course this is an opinion base thread so naturally there will be plenty of bias. In fact, bias is practically synonymous with opinion except for its generally negative connotation, which is also natural when one disagrees with something. So yeah, the admins are biased toward the Fo:E side, and so is anyone biased toward whatever it is he or she agrees with.
Moonlight
Moonlight
Hydra

Brohoof! : 23

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by jacky2734 Thu Jan 31, 2013 12:22 am

Tia wrote:i believe its because camo just randomly made the rule of the not being allowed to call it a "take over",

i live in america, that is kinda like taking away our right to say Obama sucks, congress screwed up, i don't like the way our government does things

I'm tempted to repeat what I just said in the Live Chat.
jacky2734
jacky2734
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Tia Thu Jan 31, 2013 12:27 am

jacky2734 wrote:
Tia wrote:i believe its because camo just randomly made the rule of the not being allowed to call it a "take over",

I'm tempted to repeat what I just said in the Live Chat.

feel free too
Tia
Tia
Unicorn

Brohoof! : 7

Character List:
Name: RainbowJJP
Sex: Colt
Species: Pegasus

http://rainbowjjp.malware-site.www

Back to top Go down

Post by CamoBadger Thu Jan 31, 2013 12:28 am

Okay, this is getting out of hand.

I started this thread as a courtesy to see your opinions on it, not so that you all could argue for segregating and pushing away a portion of our members just because they like a certain part of the fandom.
If you don't like FoE, then start threads about other stuff! If your topics don't become as popular as the PH thread, then oh well. It's how forums work: Some topics thrive, others die. It's all dependent on how popular the topic itself is. If you don't like it, then I'm sorry but there's nothing I can do for you.

This conversation is over. There will be no separation of members based on what they like to read, or forcing them to post less because you don't like how many times their thread has split, and I don't care how much you try to tell me we should.

If I see another thread about this pop up, it will be locked and whoever starts it will be banned. I'm tired of this topic showing up, and if you have anything else to say about it PM me directly.
CamoBadger
CamoBadger
Royal Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2