Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Can we get a link to the mobile style verison of the site?

4 posters

Go down

Can we get a link to the mobile style verison of the site? Empty Can we get a link to the mobile style verison of the site?

Post by Cptadder Wed Jul 03, 2013 11:44 am

For those of us at work/on slow connects/on hotel connections it would be nice to be able to browse the forums in the mobile version of the site.

The mobile version
Does not display avatars by default
Does not display images by default
Hides signatures by default
Loads so much faster because it does not load all of that.

The main site offers no way to turn off all of this stuff so I was wondering if it was possible to get the mobile version as a link or perhaps a forum style.

Cptadder
Cptadder
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 118

Back to top Go down

Can we get a link to the mobile style verison of the site? Empty Re: Can we get a link to the mobile style verison of the site?

Post by RoboRed Wed Jul 03, 2013 11:52 am

Dunno how to access it via URL. It only comes up as the regular URL on my phone, and mobile.cloudsville.rpg-board.net leads to nothing.
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 717

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Can we get a link to the mobile style verison of the site? Empty Re: Can we get a link to the mobile style verison of the site?

Post by Guest Wed Jul 03, 2013 11:55 am

On the far right at the bottom of the page on my phone there's a link that says "mobile version"

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 03, 2013 11:57 am

Nevermind. I clicked it and it seems to lead to another site for some reason.

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Wed Jul 03, 2013 11:58 am

There's a button right below it that leads to our "sister forum". You must've clicked that.
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 03, 2013 12:03 pm

I don't see that link. Though the mobile version link seems to work the way it was intended now *shrug* guess I must have.

Back to top Go down

Post by Cptadder Wed Jul 03, 2013 12:04 pm

Right there is a mobile version of the website that bare bones as can be. I want to browse it on my computer because it's so bare bones. It's not like the low res version some forums offer. It's the mobile version, there are not even controls to quote other people it's that barebones.
Cptadder
Cptadder
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 118

Back to top Go down

Post by CamoBadger Wed Jul 03, 2013 1:05 pm

Yeah, about that. I don't think we actually have a way to activate the mobile version on computers. As far as I can tell from looking over the FAQ on Forumotion's admin help stuff, the mobile version is only available on mobile phones.
I tried a few things they suggested on how to toggle between mobile and full version on my computer, but it never actually changed the site on my computer.
Even on my tablet they wouldn't work.

So yeah, sorry about that.
CamoBadger
CamoBadger
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 588

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Wed Jul 03, 2013 1:56 pm

Last wrote:I don't see that link. Though the mobile version link seems to work the way it was intended now *shrug* guess I must have.
The button's invisible for some reason. It's on the regular forum, too. Lower right corner in the blue box, below "Report an Abuse" - just move your cursor over it and you'll see.
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Wed Jul 03, 2013 3:02 pm

Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 543

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Wed Jul 03, 2013 3:04 pm

^ The above is the link that allow to switch to the mobile version when you are on a mobile. It seems it doesn't work on a PC.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 543

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down