Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Opinions on the FO:E content on the site

+8
Ketchup
Nightfire
Tia
XT Vengeance
CamoBadger
Moodyman90
Sky Cloud
Derpy Hooves
12 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Opinions on the FO:E content on the site Empty Opinions on the FO:E content on the site

Post by Derpy Hooves Wed Jan 30, 2013 9:13 am

CamoBadger wrote:Does this really need it's own thread?

Does a Fo:E Spinoff really need over 50 of its own related threads that make up over 60% 83% of the site?

I think we need more randominity here, its been the same for far too long.

Also I just... I don't see the worry... its not like a couple of misplaced threads will confuse anyone who comes to the site what's up.

I NEVER MADE THIS A THREAD! CAMO MADE IT A THREAD AND BETWEEN HIM MAKING IT A THREAD AND ME SIGNING ON AGAIN HE LOCKED IT. THIS WAS NEVER INTENDED TO BE A FULL ON DISCUSSION IT WAS A RANDOM OFFHAND COMMENT IN A RANDOM OFFHAND BOARD. A BOARD, IF I MAY REMIND EVERYONE, CREATED BY OUR STUPID YOUNG AND ABSENT FOUNDER TO TEST HOW "HIDING" A BOARD WOULD WORK SO HE COULD CREATE AN ILLEGAL NSFW BOARD. WHY WE STILL HAVE THE EQUESTRIAN WASTE BOARD IS BEYOND ME, BUT WHAT YOU PEOPLE WERE DISCUSSING HERE WAS JUST INSANE.

Last edited by Derpy Hooves on Thu Jan 31, 2013 6:10 am; edited 3 times in total
Derpy Hooves
Derpy Hooves
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 31

Character List:
Name: Taters
Sex: Stallion
Species: Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Opinions on the FO:E content on the site Empty Re: Opinions on the FO:E content on the site

Post by Sky Cloud Wed Jan 30, 2013 7:44 pm

Derpy Hooves wrote:

Does a Fo:E Spinoff really need over 50 of its own related threads that make up over 60% 83% of the site?

Also I just... I don't see the worry... its not like a couple of misplaced threads will confuse anyone who comes to the site what's up.
if anything it will possibly ENCOURAGE them to start making threads of their own so that we don't see a wave of repetitive threads. Im sorry if i offend anyone in anyway by saying this, but i kinda wish this forum went back to the time before all of the Fo:E people flooded in. when we used to talk about ponies, and the latest topic wasn't Fo:E this, or Fo:E That. i miss the good ol' days......
Sky Cloud
Sky Cloud
Ursa Minor

Brohoof! : 0

Back to top Go down

Opinions on the FO:E content on the site Empty Re: Opinions on the FO:E content on the site

Post by Moodyman90 Wed Jan 30, 2013 8:45 pm

I still feel bad about the take over since it wasn't intended as such.
And how I haven't done much in the way of branching out on different topics myself.
Moodyman90
Moodyman90
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 163

Character List:
Name: Moody Blues/ Moodstone
Sex: Male/ Male
Species: Earth Pony/ Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by CamoBadger Wed Jan 30, 2013 8:55 pm

Derpy Hooves wrote:

I hope you aren't referring to the fact that every 34 pages the thread splits into a new one automatically due to the Forumotion system.
CamoBadger
CamoBadger
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 588

Back to top Go down

Post by XT Vengeance Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:20 pm

Moodyman90 wrote:I still feel bad about the take over since it wasn't intended as such.
And how I haven't done much in the way of branching out on different topics myself.
You shouldn't feel bad. This place was dying when you all showed up. Besides, thanks to Project Horizons, we have more members than ever. And wheter they like it or not, Fallout Equestria DOES have to do with ponies.
XT Vengeance
XT Vengeance
High Inquisitor of Jackassery

Brohoof! : 40

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Tia Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:34 pm

XT Vengeance wrote:You shouldn't feel bad. This place was dying when you all showed up. Besides, thanks to Project Horizons, we have more members than ever. And wheter they like it or not, Fallout Equestria DOES have to do with ponies.

Yes, people have joined. but, quite repeatedly when i see someone new join, sometimes they would post in the introduction section, look at a few posts, then never come back

I think that the forum just doesn't have enough variety for a new user to stay, not everyone participates in FOE(i don't)
Tia
Tia
Unicorn

Brohoof! : 7

Character List:
Name: RainbowJJP
Sex: Colt
Species: Pegasus

http://rainbowjjp.malware-site.www

Back to top Go down

Post by XT Vengeance Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:39 pm

I wasn't saying that they have to participate in it. That does not, however, give you the right to trash talk the other members. If you don't like it, don't post there, don't go around being intolerant. Isn't that the whole point? Love and tolerance? Because I am not seeing you all tolerating the other members with all of these posts about how you wish we would leave. I was here before the Fallout people joined, and they have been showing far more tolerance than you all have lately.

I just suggest that you remember why we all are here. And trust me, variety doesn't make people stay. Community does.
XT Vengeance
XT Vengeance

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Tia Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:45 pm

I don't think i was trash talking anyone, nor did i wish that the FOE people would leave...
Tia
Tia
Unicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by XT Vengeance Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:45 pm

Sorry, JJP, I was not referring to you. I meant the others. I should have made that more clear.
XT Vengeance
XT Vengeance

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sky Cloud Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:51 pm

XT Vengeance wrote:Sorry, JJP, I was not referring to you. I meant the others. I should have made that more clear.
im supposing that by others you mean myself, Nightfire, and Derpy Hooves? we aren't trash talking about anyone. you dont see me coming in here saying OH FO:E SUCKS AND EVERYONE WHO POSTS ON THOSE THREADS SHOULD BURN IN HELL! do you? i never meant any harm, just stating my opinion, just like yall do when you relentlessly down vote our posts. Fo:E Isn't a bad thing. what im sating is that maybe we should start making different threads aside from Fo:E to get the bronies in the community that don't partake of those threads, feel like they have something to do in this here forum. maybe i should have made that more clear
Sky Cloud
Sky Cloud
Ursa Minor

Back to top Go down

Post by XT Vengeance Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:55 pm

My suggestion is make some threads that can be discussed as opposed to one shots like this one. And we aren't making new threads, the thread automatically splits because of forumotion.
XT Vengeance
XT Vengeance

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sky Cloud Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:57 pm

XT Vengeance wrote:My suggestion is make some threads that can be discussed as opposed to one shots like this one. And we aren't making new threads, the thread automatically splits because of forumotion.
i never said you were making more. i understand that is splits because of forumotion. and i agree with your suggestion, whole-heartedly. we should restore this forum to its former glory ALONG with the FO:E threads so that everyone feels welcome. it should be a group effort. revive some dead threads, create more random ones like this. make this forum more fun than it is now (not saying that it isn't)
Sky Cloud
Sky Cloud
Ursa Minor

Back to top Go down

Opinions on the FO:E content on the site Empty Opinions on the FO:E content on the site

Post by Nightfire Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:04 pm

Sky Cloud wrote:
XT Vengeance wrote:Sorry, JJP, I was not referring to you. I meant the others. I should have made that more clear.
im supposing that by others you mean myself, Nightfire, and Derpy Hooves? we aren't trash talking about anyone. you dont see me coming in here saying OH FO:E SUCKS AND EVERYONE WHO POSTS ON THOSE THREADS SHOULD BURN IN HELL! do you? i never meant any harm, just stating my opinion, just like yall do when you relentlessly down vote our posts. Fo:E Isn't a bad thing. what im sating is that maybe we should start making different threads aside from Fo:E to get the bronies in the community that don't partake of those threads, feel like they have something to do in this here forum. maybe i should have made that more clear

I'm not hating totally on FO:E nor do I dislike anybody from it though it pisses me off to see is how this a pony forum, because FO:E became a famous topic here there should be a special section pertaining to them. Even their own website would be better; I suggested that one day to Robo yet ignored again. The fact how we just make normal threads or goof off (I know mine is a bit extreme) and get down voted for it when from what I know never down voted or really actually hated on the FO:E people in their face about it, I find that extremely weird.

This thread is getting out of hand ^^; either we make a new thread and sort this out and/or we can talk with the administrators about it.
Nightfire
Nightfire
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : -19

Character List:
Name: Alice / Ranger
Sex: Female / Male
Species: Pegasus / Time traveler

Back to top Go down

Post by Tia Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:11 pm

(not all the posts were moved, continuing on the comment on contribution of game content)

I'm not sure how many people on here like Computers, Electronic Engineering or Automotive since those are my forte's. I may be able to do some gaming, animating and artsy stuff. I also know some IRL bronys that may be able to help
Tia
Tia
Unicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by XT Vengeance Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:14 pm

Nightfire, suggesting that we split off to a different forum IS being intolerant about it. You are saying that we should leave because YOU don't like what we talk about.
XT Vengeance
XT Vengeance

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Tia Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:18 pm

one thing i certainly miss is the chat box, That was pretty much brought me to the site every day.

(luckily sky cloud joined, so im happeh for now)
Tia
Tia
Unicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by XT Vengeance Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:21 pm

Tia wrote:one thing i certainly miss is the chat box, That was pretty much brought me to the site every day.

Miss the chat box? It is still there. You have always been able to use it. It hasn't gone anywhere.
XT Vengeance
XT Vengeance

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Moodyman90 Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:21 pm

I admit to my own laziness and... laziness when it comes to not dropping by the chatbox anymore.
Moodyman90
Moodyman90
Draconequus

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sky Cloud Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:23 pm

XT Vengeance wrote:
Tia wrote:one thing i certainly miss is the chat box, That was pretty much brought me to the site every day.

Miss the chat box? It is still there. You have always been able to use it. It hasn't gone anywhere.
what he means is that no one has gone on it in a while
Sky Cloud
Sky Cloud
Ursa Minor

Back to top Go down

Post by Tia Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:24 pm

XT Vengeance wrote:

I should have been more specific, the activity of the chat box. It used to have someone or some people on at any time i joined, mostly in the prime time of about 6:00PM EST and on
Tia
Tia
Unicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ketchup Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:24 pm

There are a few reasons why 'normal' content, as in, non-FO:E content, isn't popular. This forum isn't well publicized, I hadn't heard of it before someone suggested the PH community on EQD move here. Having said that, I haven't looked for forum sites with ponies.
That relates to the lack of traffic. What makes people join a forum? Things they are interested in. I don't think random silliness is a very good attraction, though episode discussion and speculation and such might be. Seeing that FiM isn't on for half or so of the year makes that die pretty quick. What really perplexes me is that, essentially, only the PH people comment on the episode discussion threads.
Ketchup
Ketchup
The Condiment

Brohoof! : 114

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightfire Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:25 pm

XT Vengeance wrote:Nightfire, suggesting that we split off to a different forum IS being intolerant about it. You are saying that we should leave because YOU don't like what we talk about.
It was a suggestion I didn't think it go far however I'm more for the different section of this board more for the FO:E people. EqF did it for me after Computers became a bigger topic for people why not here?

As for the new board it's because it became such a over taking thing that they deserve their own forum, not being mean or anything. I believe FO:E became big enough to get it's big boy shoes on and step into the next stage. Not only will this boost more easier control it can also bring in more fans. (After you upload the activation html of Google and all) It has nothing to do with toleration.
Nightfire
Nightfire
Royal Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Tia Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:27 pm

Ketchup wrote:There are a few reasons why 'normal' content, as in, non-FO:E content, isn't popular. This forum isn't well publicized, I hadn't heard of it before someone suggested the PH community on EQD move here. Having said that, I haven't looked for forum sites with ponies.
That relates to the lack of traffic. What makes people join a forum? Things they are interested in. I don't think random silliness is a very good attraction, though episode discussion and speculation and such might be. Seeing that FiM isn't on for half or so of the year makes that die pretty quick. What really perplexes me is that, essentially, only the PH people comment on the episode discussion threads.

What would have really brought me in is creative content such as art, animations, and music. As well as the not so normal creative stuff for example a bunch of floppy drives playing smile smile smile
Tia
Tia
Unicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by CamoBadger Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:32 pm

Nightfire wrote:
It was a suggestion I didn't think it go far however I'm more for the different section of this board more for the FO:E people. EqF did it for me after Computers became a bigger topic for people why not here?

As for the new board it's because it became such a over taking thing that they deserve their own forum, not being mean or anything. I believe FO:E became big enough to get it's big boy shoes on and step into the next stage. Not only will this boost more easier control it can also bring in more fans. (After you upload the activation html of Google and all) It has nothing to do with toleration.
This isn't the FOE community though. Just because we have the Project Horizons discussion crew hanging around here doesn't mean it's the only FOE place on the internet. It's already got a good 5 or 10 sites dedicated to it, but sometimes smaller communities are nice for more focused discussion.
They asked to come here, and we welcomed them. It's still part of our community in Cloudsville now, and I'm not going to segregate out parts of the community by forcing their threads to be in a separate section, and especially not kick them out to another site. Discussion on FOE is fine here, because it is a large part of the FiM fandom so I don't see an issue. You're all still free to make your own threads, continue meeting in the chatbox, etc. Other threads here are used consistently by everyone; show discussions, game threads, music threads, picture threads. Before you start saying it's all FOE stuff, pay attention to the most recent topics.
CamoBadger
CamoBadger
Royal Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Moodyman90 Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:38 pm

Well Project Horizons adds traffic to this place.

Could just be because I'm always on here but when I type in Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons, because I rarely bookmark anything anymore, I get the stories HUB page, the FoE Wiki, and then threads from here.

Same goes for Murkey Number Seven, which somehow ends up on the top of the search results, even before the actual story at times.

Not saying that's a completely good thing, but a majority of people who like any Fallout Equestria story should be some kind of pony fan to begin with.
Moodyman90
Moodyman90
Draconequus

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightfire Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:39 pm

CamoBadger wrote:
Nightfire wrote:

This isn't the FOE community though. Just because we have the Project Horizons discussion crew hanging around here doesn't mean it's the only FOE place on the internet. It's already got a good 5 or 10 sites dedicated to it, but sometimes smaller communities are nice for more focused discussion.
They asked to come here, and we welcomed them. It's still part of our community in Cloudsville now, and I'm not going to segregate out parts of the community by forcing their threads to be in a separate section, and especially not kick them out to another site. Discussion on FOE is fine here, because it is a large part of the FiM fandom so I don't see an issue. You're all still free to make your own threads, continue meeting in the chatbox, etc. Other threads here are used consistently by everyone; show discussions, game threads, music threads, picture threads. Before you start saying it's all FOE stuff, pay attention to the most recent topics.
I have been, but if YOU take a good and I mean a very good look at it you don't see many 'regular' members here who only like the ponies and not the PH or FO:E or whatever you people got really going. They may get overwhelmed with the large thread dedication to the story or other stuff, the section is not doing anything bad it's more for organizing, this site is practically a mess with things all over the place. All I'm saying is the FO:E / PH people grew big enough to get their own section, it's not bad and I bet if you went on other sites or been on as many forums I have you'd understand that greatly. I'm not saying "OUT WITH PH / FO:E" all I'm saying is we keep it a little more organized. (I did just realize the forum thing was out of hand, I've seen some of the dedicated sites.)
Nightfire
Nightfire
Royal Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by XT Vengeance Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:42 pm

Oh silly, silly child. I have been on the internet since I was thirteen or fourteen. And that is just forums. I have been on the actual internet before you were born.
XT Vengeance
XT Vengeance

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by CamoBadger Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:43 pm

Nightfire wrote:
I have been, but if YOU take a good and I mean a very good look at it you don't see many 'regular' members here who only like the ponies and not the PH or FO:E or whatever you people got really going. They may get overwhelmed with the large thread dedication to the story or other stuff, the section is not doing anything bad it's more for organizing, this site is practically a mess with things all over the place. All I'm saying is the FO:E / PH people grew big enough to get their own section, it's not bad and I bet if you went on other sites or been on as many forums I have you'd understand that greatly. I'm not saying "OUT WITH PH / FO:E" all I'm saying is we keep it a little more organized. (I did just realize the forum thing was out of hand, I've seen some of the dedicated sites.)
I don't see a need to give them a separate section. It would just be ridiculous. The site is already organized enough, and the FOE threads fit perfectly into the current organization. I fail to see any problem with our current organization, and actually it's quite a lot better than other sites I've been on before.
CamoBadger
CamoBadger
Royal Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Moonlight Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:44 pm

If you want my opinion, it's here, if not, oh well, I'm not forcing you to read it. When the Fo:E people started "taking over," I admit, it pissed me off, and part of me wanted to either leave or to tell the Fallout crowd to take it somewhere else. Because of my personal disinterest in the Fo:E scene or whatever, I do still find it difficult to be content with the fact that that very crowd has essentially "taken over," (I use the term lightly in this case), but I won't let it get in the way of part of what makes the My Little Pony fandom in general so appealing, hence love and tolerate. The latter isn't that hard to do, coming from a family of eleven and having eight younger siblings and still being alive through catholic schooling and what have you, but I've found it necessary to tolerate to understand and necessary to understand in order to love. Now, while I still struggle to do this with my younger siblings, I can see that all of the people from the Fo:E crowd are generally content here, and while I haven't spoken to many of them, the few that I have are people as genuine as anyone else and as loving and tolerant as any other fan of My Little Pony. So, while, as one of the original members, it pains me to see this forum as it is now, the love aspect of love and tolerance makes it so that I can't help but be a little bit happy for the people who have made it the way it is. The Fallout people. Since then, I've mostly stuck to the RP chatbox as solace from what I'm referring to as the fallout, but when I come back to this forum and see threads that are a common grounds for both the Fo:E users and the non-Fo:E members, I can't help but smile a little bit.
Moonlight
Moonlight
Hydra

Brohoof! : 23

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Reverb Blaze Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:47 pm

my opinion, we should have more variety. the FO:E can stay, but really, if it's going to keep going like this just rename it into FO:Eville.
Reverb Blaze
Reverb Blaze
Stallion/Mare

Brohoof! : -4

Character List:
Name: Reverb
Sex: Male
Species: Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next