Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

+25
Quotidian
Harmony Ltd.
Admiral Stoic Rum
WovenTales
Icy Shake
nebulous
Cptadder
tylertoon2
Stringtheory
CannonFodder
Ketchup
OneMoreDaySK
Downloaded Skill
Caoimhe
IncoherentOrange
O. Hinds
Kattlarv
Valikdu
Frost
Ironmonger
RoboRed
Necr0maNceR
CamoBadger
Kippershy
29 posters

Page 17 of 32 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 24 ... 32  Next

Go down

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 17 Empty Re: [Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

Post by Ketchup Wed Nov 14, 2012 4:37 pm

Battlefield 3 is fun to me for mostly one reason: tanks. Modern Warfare rarely has tanks at all, and never in multiplayer. Also, the Coaxial .50 you can get for them is an awesome anti-sniper weapon. You are immune to them and the 3X zoom allows you to place bullets in their faces from a hundred meters away.
Jets are meh.

Adder, that video... Wat.
Ketchup
Ketchup
The Condiment

Brohoof! : 114

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 17 Empty Re: [Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

Post by Frost Wed Nov 14, 2012 4:46 pm

Cptadder wrote:What about Battlefield 3? Realism!

I think my brain just burst out my face.
Frost
Frost
Crazed Gun-Toting 'Murican

Brohoof! : 503

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Valikdu Wed Nov 14, 2012 5:12 pm

Cptadder wrote:@Valikdu
Whaaa?

That video showed a guy jumping out of a plane, shooting down another plane with a grenade launcher and then jumping back into the plane in midair.
That only seems possible if that guy was... CHUCK NORRIS

Valikdu
Valikdu
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 192

Character List:
Name: Ion Storm
Sex: Female
Species: First One

Back to top Go down

Post by Caoimhe Wed Nov 14, 2012 5:19 pm

I'm so super psyched for GTA 5. They generally have very high quality writing and stunning visuals and even though I find the general mayhem type stuff boring, I love the appeal of the general big open contemporary city. The amount of effort and attention to detail is amazin'.
Caoimhe
Caoimhe
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 264

Character List:
Name: Comma, Splice
Sex: Female
Species: Sentence fragment

Back to top Go down

Post by Kattlarv Wed Nov 14, 2012 5:26 pm

(warning, pissed irl due to being greatly insulted among other things, will likely come up as more snarky than normal)

@Kipper: Geckos have a natural +7 Charisma for eyeball licking ability.

And myeah... there are other options as said, more logical ones. Even if just going with bland, generic ones. (in terms of events, like really, am I the only one doing "gentle rape" and the like? And people brag about the psychological trauma their written, physical abuse causes, I just go straight for mental, or mix the two. no fun just sticking to the oldest one in the book, even if mixing it with violence, that's what all do.) Though will give you points for having a braindead thing doing seeming interesting things. Not seen it before at least... well, not in those terms exactly, the mentality of lots of things art and fic was can be questioned hehe.

And I'm not speaking irl, I am speaking Fallout, and FoE wise. As said, it just feels really far fetched in some parts. If you speak in terms of them not having "anything" down there, that is not what I meant either. I meant with their anatomy, judging by them having equine one. (though have to say, find it a bit weird she'd be strutting around without any clothing or armour) I can speak from experience it is really not that fucking effective. And going with equine anatomy, it would have been even harder to do "smoothly". So for that to even work, she must have stood still and wailed or something, making it even more illogical, as she was like, frozen in stupid fear, another dice to the "natural 20" pile of plot convenience.

I am aware of said thing, I just personally see it as being able to be used badly. Me being me, I can tolerate said things it they have a counterweight to them, which PH only have a opposite counter weight in those terms. Sorta like "Right, so it will be 15 in the red team, and 8 in the blue, and for case of balance, red will start with 150 % more hp and resource's." like... that doesn't balance it out at all... and overall a "this can't really happen, but will for the sake of plot convenience, and won't ever happen again as it couldn't happen to start with" just tunes me out a bit.

Anyhow, I would have voted for the narrator to be the one raped. Not for the reason I'm guessing most of you would think I suggested it, but for the sake of, while I know seeing shit happen to someone they like/love or just someone overall, is pretty much ALWAYS the case. As it is there to start with, having it a first person experience could even enhance the experience. And would work more than well to do the "fear and hatred into the hear" thing, as then, it would literally be personal. Though, he'd have to have survived then as said. Which could have added "more" to said experience, if he survived, and she didn't. If nothing, it would have doubled his hatred at least. (unless you think it would make him a whimpering pussy being terrified of ghouls from it) Overall, you could have pulled it off a lot better. No offence, but going with "mwahaha! rape and murder!" to give the "excuse/reason" for their hate is quite convoluted... and I don't know what that word means, so I hope it's correct xD

@Iron: While the "winning pony" has some rather neat things in it, it still needs to break down on a few gender norms imo, along with add a few "jokes" to fit the universe better. But overall, I really like it.

@Cao: Actually, that Rainbow Dash presents lead into a discussion and mention of the fact mares do pee standing up, along with that whole part they'd be the ones with the urinals xP They had some joke later about Dash's mom (the guys making RDP) how she was the dominant in the family as her cutie mark was a toilet, she had learned how to pee standing. And I am trailing off here hehe.
Kattlarv
Kattlarv
Hydra

Brohoof! : 27

Character List:
Name: Dewflower
Sex: Female-ish
Species: Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Wed Nov 14, 2012 5:32 pm

Really, I don't play video games all that much aside from split-screen with friends. The last single-player game I did was Space Marine, and I've sold off several of the others
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Wed Nov 14, 2012 5:43 pm

The only games I care to play are offline ones like Fallout and the Total War games or multiplayer ones I can play with my group. I don't like some stranger calling me names because some minuscule thing I did that apparently brought their piss to a boil.

Ironmonger
Daemon Prince of Bad Puns

Brohoof! : 290

Character List:
Name: Cast Iron
Sex: Male

Back to top Go down

Post by IncoherentOrange Wed Nov 14, 2012 5:57 pm

Kattlarv, don't let what people say get'cha down, they don't have anything better to do than to attempt to make your life miserable. Don't give them the satisfaction. Though, it depends on how you were insulted... I mean, if they didn't mean to, then... anyway, hope you feel better, sooner.

I play numerous single and multiplayer games, like Dawn of War, Sins of a Solar Empire (Ketchup won't EVER play it with me, though. :C), Terraria, Halo 4, Dawn of War II, and lots more. I usually only play on my own, except for when playing Halo 4.
IncoherentOrange
IncoherentOrange
Ursa Major

Brohoof! : 22

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Wed Nov 14, 2012 6:10 pm

This is sorta the music I imagine when I think of the Northern Reach of the Wasteland.

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Wed Nov 14, 2012 6:18 pm

Kattlarv wrote:(warning, pissed irl due to being greatly insulted among other things, will likely come up as more snarky than normal)

@Kipper: Geckos have a natural +7 Charisma for eyeball licking ability.

And myeah... there are other options as said, more logical ones. Even if just going with bland, generic ones. (in terms of events, like really, am I the only one doing "gentle rape" and the like? And people brag about the psychological trauma their written, physical abuse causes, I just go straight for mental, or mix the two. no fun just sticking to the oldest one in the book, even if mixing it with violence, that's what all do.) Though will give you points for having a braindead thing doing seeming interesting things. Not seen it before at least... well, not in those terms exactly, the mentality of lots of things art and fic was can be questioned hehe.

And I'm not speaking irl, I am speaking Fallout, and FoE wise. As said, it just feels really far fetched in some parts. If you speak in terms of them not having "anything" down there, that is not what I meant either. I meant with their anatomy, judging by them having equine one. (though have to say, find it a bit weird she'd be strutting around without any clothing or armour) I can speak from experience it is really not that fucking effective. And going with equine anatomy, it would have been even harder to do "smoothly". So for that to even work, she must have stood still and wailed or something, making it even more illogical, as she was like, frozen in stupid fear, another dice to the "natural 20" pile of plot convenience.

I am aware of said thing, I just personally see it as being able to be used badly. Me being me, I can tolerate said things it they have a counterweight to them, which PH only have a opposite counter weight in those terms. Sorta like "Right, so it will be 15 in the red team, and 8 in the blue, and for case of balance, red will start with 150 % more hp and resource's." like... that doesn't balance it out at all... and overall a "this can't really happen, but will for the sake of plot convenience, and won't ever happen again as it couldn't happen to start with" just tunes me out a bit.

Anyhow, I would have voted for the narrator to be the one raped. Not for the reason I'm guessing most of you would think I suggested it, but for the sake of, while I know seeing shit happen to someone they like/love or just someone overall, is pretty much ALWAYS the case. As it is there to start with, having it a first person experience could even enhance the experience. And would work more than well to do the "fear and hatred into the hear" thing, as then, it would literally be personal. Though, he'd have to have survived then as said. Which could have added "more" to said experience, if he survived, and she didn't. If nothing, it would have doubled his hatred at least. (unless you think it would make him a whimpering pussy being terrified of ghouls from it) Overall, you could have pulled it off a lot better. No offence, but going with "mwahaha! rape and murder!" to give the "excuse/reason" for their hate is quite convoluted... and I don't know what that word means, so I hope it's correct xD

No doubt I could have done it better, seeing as I'm not the best writer and haven't been in the situation personally - so unlike Romney, I'll concede to you.

As for a run over what happens to explain it a little;

Crimson is walking along with the gang, sees something at a distance. Takes Cherry's sniper for the scope to see what's going on, sees a mare with a bunch of children running away from feral ghouls. (He's NEVER known what a ghoul was until that day. Even then, the one he met was sane.)

He gets told they'll all die if they don't ask quick, so he does his best to get there fast. However, he uses pistol/shotgun, so his long range aim isn't good enough to shoot at a distance.

The mare & children come from a sheltered lifestyle (sheltered from physical harm, anyway) so they have no armour or clothing. Never had a need for it prior.

Anyway, one of the children trips up as they're running, knocking over another child.
As their faces are in the dirt, one of the children having a broken leg, two ghouls jump atop of them.
Out of fright and the fact that the ghouls are fresh enough to be strong, they can't move.
The first child has their face ripped off in front of the second, who then can't move out of being pinned and all that.
The ghoul then mounts the child without any real thought as he's also trying to bite her ear off.

Crimson finally makes it over and blasts the ghouls, going over to the two children. The first is dead, the one who was being raped is bleeding profusely. She begs him for the mercy of death, but he refuses. She begs further and he pulls his pistol out, unsure if he can do it.
As she begs more and loses her strength, he finally builds the courage to give her mercy... just as she dies anyway, the blood loss too much.

So he's now seen a child's face ripped off and another raped then die in front of him while asking for the mercy of death... before dying as he's considering it after initially declining.

Then another six children and a mare die to these beasts he's never even known of before that day when he met the sane ghoul he's travelling with.
So it's the fact they killed eight children, would've killed a ninth and all on the first time he'd ever known of them.

A pretty damn good reason to hate them, in my mind.

Yes there's probably some issues in the way I did it.
Yes it's a stupid longshot of chance.
Yes it is pure "coincidence" that it could happen.
But that's why.

As for why it didn't happen to him... it doesn't fit his character at all. I know no-one is safe from being raped in the "right" situation for it to happen, but it just wouldn't work with him the same way it worked with Blackjack.
Then there's that issue to it - I don't want to write Blackjack.
On top of that, I would only fuck it up. I've not experienced it and as such, I couldn't emulate the thought patterns properly.

He's got a bad case of PTSD and heroes guilt for failing to save the day.
He now hates ghouls because he'd only known one sane ghoul briefly beforehand and even then, that ghoul was wearing steel ranger armour that didn't make it obvious.

Like I say, Somber would have done it better but I didn't do it without thinking.
Plus, it has it's plot relevance in an upcoming piece.
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Brohoof! : 121

Character List:
Name: Crimson Wings / Cherry Sundae
Sex: Male / Female
Species: Pegasus / Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Wed Nov 14, 2012 6:30 pm

Kipper, I'm giving your fic a read but to be honest I'm struggling to get through the first few chapters
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Wed Nov 14, 2012 6:42 pm

I read chapter 2 of it last night. I'm scared to go near Murky again because of how long each chapter is. Fallout Equestria: Starlight is pretty good, I'd really like to know how the hell a story like that gets so many likes.

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Admiral Stoic Rum Wed Nov 14, 2012 7:12 pm

Ketchup wrote:
CamoBadger wrote:For those questions, Halo 4 answers some, but really you need to read the books for most of that. Especially the Forerunner saga. From what I've heard they're very good, and I plan on reading them as well...someday...
I read Cryptum, but don't remember very much of it. I need to read Glasslands.

just bought those two stories!

Also:
[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 17 03c162c590df
Admiral Stoic Rum
Admiral Stoic Rum
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 83

Character List:
Name: Dr. Painkiller
Species: Pony

Back to top Go down

Post by Ketchup Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:20 pm

Admiral Stoic Rum wrote:
Ketchup wrote:
CamoBadger wrote:For those questions, Halo 4 answers some, but really you need to read the books for most of that. Especially the Forerunner saga. From what I've heard they're very good, and I plan on reading them as well...someday...
I read Cryptum, but don't remember very much of it. I need to read Glasslands.

just bought those two stories!
Fortunately, my mother is desperately trying to find something to give me for Christmas, so I'm going to ask for the three Halo novels I'm missing.
Unfortunately, the games and books tend to contradict each other a lot.
Ketchup
Ketchup
The Condiment

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Admiral Stoic Rum Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:32 pm

they stick close to the lore with halo
Admiral Stoic Rum
Admiral Stoic Rum
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ketchup Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:38 pm

Admiral Stoic Rum wrote:they stick close to the lore with halo
An example:
Spoiler:
Ketchup
Ketchup
The Condiment

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:46 pm

Bungie has stated that new content retcons old content. Fall of Reach is/was being re-released to conform to new canon.
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ketchup Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:51 pm

Mister Frost wrote:Bungie has stated that new content retcons old content. Fall of Reach is/was being re-released to conform to new canon.
Yeah, I know. Kinda bothers me, because I've read those books many times over.
Ketchup
Ketchup
The Condiment

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:56 pm

Halo is, compared to other Sci-Fi phenomenon, quite young. 40K's earliest editions had things (like the squats nothing at all.) that were overwritten or changed in later editions.
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ketchup Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:59 pm

Mister Frost wrote:Halo is, compared to other Sci-Fi phenomenon, quite young. 40K's earliest editions had things (like the squats nothing at all.) that were overwritten or changed in later editions.
Very young, indeed. I am aware of some of the bizarre changes to 40K's universe. Craziness.
I probably enjoyed the novels more than the games they are based on, come to think of it.
Ketchup
Ketchup
The Condiment

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:01 pm

40K or Halo?
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ketchup Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:02 pm

Mister Frost wrote:40K or Halo?
Halo. Never read any of the 40K novels.
Ketchup
Ketchup
The Condiment

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Admiral Stoic Rum Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:03 pm

HAlo, atleast the armor is anatomically possible
Admiral Stoic Rum
Admiral Stoic Rum
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ketchup Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:05 pm

Admiral Stoic Rum wrote:HAlo, atleast the armor is anatomically possible
Not without bone and nervous system reinforcement it isn't, but proportionately, yes.
Ketchup
Ketchup
The Condiment

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:06 pm

Astartes Armor: The Emperor did it
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ketchup Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:07 pm

Mister Frost wrote:

Astartes Armor: The Emperor did it
I just got out of TV Tropes half an hour ago!
Ketchup
Ketchup
The Condiment

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:09 pm

Space Marines aren't actually human anymore, their bodies have been shifted and changed too much. They only resemble them in appearance and only somewhat at that.

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Admiral Stoic Rum Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:09 pm

read the emporere did it, there are no wizards in 40k... and fridge logic left...
Admiral Stoic Rum
Admiral Stoic Rum
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Admiral Stoic Rum Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:10 pm

Ironmonger wrote:Space Marines aren't actually human anymore, their bodies have been shifted and changed too much. They only resemble them in appearance and only somewhat at that.

then they obviously must find it hard to reproduce...

also doesn't matter, they cant see past their shoulders anyway
Admiral Stoic Rum
Admiral Stoic Rum
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:12 pm

Admiral Stoic Rum wrote:
Ironmonger wrote:Space Marines aren't actually human anymore, their bodies have been shifted and changed too much. They only resemble them in appearance and only somewhat at that.

then they obviously must find it hard to reproduce...

also doesn't matter, they cant see past their shoulders anyway

They're all sterile, and have no urges left (beaten down by training until all that remains is the desire for glory and success) and the shoulders are automated. They lower when the Marine turns his head.
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 17 of 32 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 24 ... 32  Next