Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fallout Equestria: Broken Bonds.

+9
IncoherentOrange
Regolit
Katarn
Aonee
Ketchup
SubjectSigma
Meleagridis
CamoBadger
Kippershy
13 posters

Page 12 of 14 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13, 14  Next

Go down

Fallout Equestria: Broken Bonds. - Page 12 Empty Re: Fallout Equestria: Broken Bonds.

Post by CamoBadger Mon May 13, 2013 2:47 pm

@Combat: I'm not good at combat sequences myself and don't write too many of them up myself, so I can't really give an opinion on how to improve there.

@Crimson's Character: Honestly you can't really change it. There are plenty of things I like about him, but it's in his character to be cocky and pretty impulsive (at least from what I've seen), so the things about him that tend to annoy me are just a part of who he is. It's not that I hate him as a character, but some of the things he does do annoy me pretty badly.
CamoBadger
CamoBadger
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 588

Back to top Go down

Fallout Equestria: Broken Bonds. - Page 12 Empty Re: Fallout Equestria: Broken Bonds.

Post by Kippershy Tue May 14, 2013 5:45 am

Haha, love it swicked, thank you.
on my phone at the moment so no indepth reply right now, but once im home I will.
thank you, really. Made me laugh and smile a lot.

I so badly need to hurry up and rewrite my shit so its readable both in content and presentation.

Edit: for the record, I've since removed the rape thing from the enclave fight because I realised it was unnecessary.
It was grimderp for the sake of trying to make things tense but in reality, severe threat without that works plenty. I think I changed it to something like either de-horning her or gauging out her eyes (as a threat.)
Still grim, but not quite as bad.
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Brohoof! : 121

Character List:
Name: Crimson Wings / Cherry Sundae
Sex: Male / Female
Species: Pegasus / Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Tue May 14, 2013 9:24 am

swicked wrote:Fallout Equestria: Broken Bonds. - Page 12 Happy6
Starting again slow, okay? Okay!

Fallout Equestria: Broken Bonds. - Page 12 Happy7
Now, what do I remember about this fic...
Crimson is a showboating horn dog that likes to punch old mares, Cherry is his special ops mff, Macy is their pet manticore who also has a thing for Crimson, Cherry also has a radbit whose whole family was brutally murdered by Crimson in an absolute slaughter and, if it's a she, will inevitably have a thing for Crimson despite this fact and they've got a baby they've left for Crimson's mom to raise like so many high school couples.
Of course, the baby is a mare, she will likely develop a thing for Crimson as well, which (since they're not related) will be okay, but hey, at least his mom's safe.
...probably.

Fallout Equestria: Broken Bonds. - Page 12 Doubtful3
Oh, and there was some form of plot. Something about alicorns and militarizing peaceful settlements...
I've lost it.

Fallout Equestria: Broken Bonds. - Page 12 Happy6
Gonna start anyway! Woo!

Broken Bonds Chapter 12 Swicked Review!:

Again, I'm really glad to see another review from you. Made me smile a lot and I really, really do appreciate your reviews.
Onto replies!

Crimson showboating? *Gasps* never! He just.. uh... takes pride in himself! Yes, pride!
As for how easily he gets laid, lololool, well, all part of being exotic and friendly with a pinch of charm and know-how. But yeah, I know you're not complaining and I'm just playing along here.
I had to laugh at you mentioning the whole slaughtering of Prince Snugglebums family.
Also, don't worry, no incest (no matter how non blood related) is going to happen.

You are right with the plot you remember.

Crimson is after a new water talisman for the Stable and this leads him to yes, militarise a settlement without thinking too much about it. Though at the same time, he only does it for their own safety so it's not a bad thing, right?
And yes, there is "some" alicorn influence in the whole shebang. You'll learn more as it goes on.

So many spelling errors. Eugh. Really need to sort them out ASAP. Thanks for letting me know about those!
Once I get back to the rewrites, which I plan to rewrite chapter two before letting myself work on 21, I'll be putting the chapters through proof-readers before releasing them to avoid such mistakes.

Indeed, that was her internal feelings (the whole 3x what you've seen thing/jerk)
They understand after the apology but there would still be that "great, the bigot is here" feeling when they see him.

Speaking of poker faces.... I don't even remember which chapter, mind you.

Also thanks for pointing out my ever changing methods to put down DZC. I've done it so many times, put it with dots or like seen then, -'s.
Now I've decided I'm going to just put it as DZC.
But yes, DZC, Donkey Zebra Coalition.

On the topic of leadership: Very true, very true. At that moment, I was going for a very in character thing, rather than how it can work in the real world. Crimson knows leadership to be figure head at the top but the middle having the real control over the majority of things, sending only the more important and urgent decisions to the top while handling all the micromanagement for the leader.
It's how his Stable works and how he's always known leadership to be in larger cases, so it makes sense to him.

@Eos, Love & Admiration
Keen eye.

Titan was just a soldier, never a leader. His leadership capabilities are purely that of the battlefield and nothing more. He knows how to lead a squad through a firefight, he knows how to protect anyone under him and to keep others safe, but politics and anything akin to that was never his strong suit.
Him not knowing that either of the princesses dying would've pumped things up is because for himself, it would've felt like a loss so bad that he would've had to reconsider it all.

Cherry is the only pony (non alicorn) that I ever intend to give invisibility powers to.
The rest of the spec ops team... well, most of them are trained in stealth, in how to move swift and silent without leaving a trace if they can help it, but there are a few with big guns that aren't about stealth but about pure power and endurance.
Chosen for their capability to fight and carry on through the thick of it, sort've akin to Big Macintosh.
Cherry got her invisibility spell through always trying to make herself invisible because it's how she felt at times when she was younger.

Prise are angels of the skies, not having given birth to the princesses but they are the princesses, and all those who are like the princesses in terms of being alicorn/hugely powerful.
It's not something I've ever gone back to, something I'm not sure if I'll keep or scrap come the rewrite.
Anyway, it was supposed to be a reference to a comic series called The Amory Wars where there's a breed of guardian angels told by god that they have to protect the keywork (the universe) and The Crowing (the saviour).
They've got immense capabilities and since they're guardians, I thought maybe I could play a little lore into it all and say that Celestia/Luna was thought by some to be of this mythical race (of very few) sent to protect ponies for all of eternity.
...Really can't decide if I should keep it or remove it come the rewrite.

And again, again again again, thank you.
I'm glad you enjoyed it. There's a lot of things I fucked up on in the story and thus will change and improve when I rewrite it.
I think you're coming close to when I revamp my writing formatting style so you won't have to put up with that horrid mess for too much longer if you continue reading.

Thanks for dedicating the time to read my terrible story, and to give such amazing reviews!

Also, yeah, my characters are a lot like me in their emotions influencing them a lot. Without making them direct copies of me, I try to add a lot of my own essence (or, specific parts of it) into my characters for the more personal, realistic feel to them.
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Tue May 28, 2013 9:54 am

Just to let youlot know, i've begun work on the rewrite of chapter two as well as twenty one.

Gonna take a while with chapter two i think because i'm nervous about fucking up. Camo. I know it's unusual for me, but would you consider pre-reading content to make sure i don't fuck up horribly?
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by CamoBadger Tue May 28, 2013 12:00 pm

Sure, I'll happily do that for you.
CamoBadger
CamoBadger
Royal Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Tue May 28, 2013 12:09 pm

Thanks dude.
Would you rather see it in infancy with how the chapter is being rewritten or wait until I'm most of the way with it?
I can send you the link now, though I'm thinking of toning some stuff down if you do wanna see it early on so you can tell me before I go too far.
I'm just so nervous I'll mess it up and it won't have the same charm.
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by CamoBadger Tue May 28, 2013 12:18 pm

Whichever you think will help you more man.

And don't be nervous, I'm sure I'll love it either way.
CamoBadger
CamoBadger
Royal Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Ketchup Tue May 28, 2013 3:21 pm

I could also pre-read it for you if you think my opinion may be of value.

I'll be re-reading BB to refresh after finishing the re-read of ATR, which I've only got one more chapter to get through.
Ketchup
Ketchup
The Condiment

Brohoof! : 114

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Tue May 28, 2013 3:40 pm

Actually, why not. It'll be good to have two people who know the character & their relationship.
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Tue Jun 04, 2013 5:46 pm

That moment when.. that feel when...

-You realise Cherry is older than Crimson
-That they will grow old together, deeply in love through the years
-Their love will make them inseparable (metaphorically)
-One of them will eventually die of old age before the other
-The term other half wasn't just a phrase meaning to be in a relationship, but rather a very literal sense of the other part of who they've become
-They will be missing a part of who they are without their lover
-They will wait out the rest of their days forever wishing they could be reunited if only for long enough to utter one more 'I love you'
-Only once their souls meet will they ever truly be whole again

That feel

Fallout Equestria: Broken Bonds. - Page 12 Zlsss210
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Sat Jun 08, 2013 1:41 pm

So this time I actually have something new for anyone who checks the thread out.
No, unfortunately it isn't the revised chapter two...
Not yet anyway, though while I'm on that topic, that's 4.1k in now.

Nope, I've got this to show you.

Fallout Equestria: Broken Bonds. - Page 12 Tumblr_mo1nyzfXVQ1r2emhyo1_1280
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Sat Jun 08, 2013 3:00 pm

swicked wrote:
Kippershy wrote:That moment when.. that feel when...

-You realise Cherry is older than Crimson
-That they will grow old together, deeply in love through the years
-Their love will make them inseparable (metaphorically)
-One of them will eventually die of old age before the other
-The term other half wasn't just a phrase meaning to be in a relationship, but rather a very literal sense of the other part of who they've become
-They will be missing a part of who they are without their lover
-They will wait out the rest of their days forever wishing they could be reunited if only for long enough to utter one more 'I love you'
-Only once their souls meet will they ever truly be whole again

That feel
That feel when you don't have proper feelings Fallout Equestria: Broken Bonds. - Page 12 779695502
In any case, seriously, I only know one person more of a hopeless romantic than you are... though he directs that toward his actual (constantly failing) relationships, not an ideal one in his head, so I'm not sure who's really worse, here XD

For me, the reason I've turned to the relationship from my story is because what relationships I did have in the past were utterly horrible. I mean, I loved them when they were good (mainly because my undying hopeless romantic made me think things were utterly awesome regardless) but the way each has ended alongside my upbringing has been utterly devastating.
So... fanfic relationships it is for me to keep myself happy in the romance department for the time being.

Lot less pain when you control how it'll all turn out.
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Admiral Stoic Rum Sat Jun 08, 2013 9:20 pm

I'm buzzed right now wanna get plastered when I get home anyone wanna play tf2 on normal mode when I get home?
Admiral Stoic Rum
Admiral Stoic Rum
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 83

Character List:
Name: Dr. Painkiller
Sex: Male
Species: Pony

Back to top Go down

Post by Admiral Stoic Rum Sun Jun 09, 2013 12:14 am

Admiral Stoic Rum wrote:I'm buzzed right now wanna get plastered when I get home anyone wanna play tf2 on normal mode when I get home?

hahaha meant to put this in the chat thread.. on a mobile its hard to get the right ones
Admiral Stoic Rum
Admiral Stoic Rum
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 83

Character List:
Name: Dr. Painkiller
Sex: Male
Species: Pony

Back to top Go down

Post by Plasticube Wed Jun 12, 2013 3:20 pm

Had some free time so i finally caught up with this story.

Spoiler:

If everyone in the forum hadn't commented that it gets better after the first few chapters I probably would have stopped reading, but it does get better, keep up the good work :)

Plasticube
Stallion/Mare

Brohoof! : 41

Back to top Go down

Post by Ketchup Wed Jun 12, 2013 3:29 pm

Plasticube wrote:
Spoiler:

Very nice, I'm sure Kipper will love that.
Crimson is black, though I think I like the tan colour more.
Ketchup
Ketchup
The Condiment

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Wed Jun 12, 2013 5:16 pm

*Grabs Plasticube and hugs 'em so tight that they can't breathe and then only realises just before they pass out*
I have no way to describe how much I love this picture.
And I agree, Ketchup, Tan would have made a much better choice.

I've said it a few times elsewhere, that if I had the ability to go back and tell myself to redesign the colour scheme before I had all the pictures done, I would. Tan would've been the best looking option ever, by the looks of things.
God damn it. haha.

Seriously though. GHTGHVBNTJFWJRNHDVJURVJUJVMSJ
ALL OF MY HAPPINESS. I HAVE IT BACK NAO.
<3333333333333333
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Plasticube Wed Jun 12, 2013 7:03 pm

That was a mistake on my part, i picked a light gray shade for his coat, it turned out tan on that paper ._.

Plasticube
Stallion/Mare

Brohoof! : 41

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Wed Jun 12, 2013 7:07 pm

Huh, strange how that kind've stuff happens. Still adore it to pieces, completely.
The helmet kind've reminds me of the ones in Kerbal Space Programme so that's an even bigger win right there.
Thank you for the picture =3
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Mon Jun 24, 2013 5:17 am

I've been way too slow with this... so I'm gonna throw it out here and  here alone.
Anyone who wants to keep up with progress on chapter two, feel free to check it at any time. Currently around 5,450 words, planning to get some more done tomorrow.
I don't normally do this, but it's been so long without any new stuff and I'm getting that damn feeling of not doing enough, not giving enough and not having enough motivation because of that and the lack of feedback that comes with it.
So I'm not forcing anyone to read this prior to it's proper release, I'm just saying you can if you want.
Hopefully the idea of it being public motivates me to do it.
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1hZxy_XUVI8rHfJ9eosK7bjRHq01FwLCrq85V3h0Qg5A/edit
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Thu Jun 27, 2013 9:23 pm

^____________________________________________________^

Fallout Equestria: Broken Bonds. - Page 12 10
Fallout Equestria: Broken Bonds. - Page 12 11
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Thu Jun 27, 2013 10:55 pm

And now these two arrive too!
And now I got to sleep!

Fallout Equestria: Broken Bonds. - Page 12 Vn8H5SZh
Fallout Equestria: Broken Bonds. - Page 12 R78Srh5
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Tue Jul 02, 2013 4:41 am

On a bad note, I've still got hardly any writing done because I've been constantly tired from work and feeling belugh.
On a good note, I've seen some unexpected positive comments that gave me a little bit of spirit back.
On an even better note... I have some spoiler art for chapter twenty two...

Be warned, this really is spoiler.

Spoiler:
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by CamoBadger Tue Jul 02, 2013 12:07 pm

Kippershy wrote:On a bad note, I've still got hardly any writing done because I've been constantly tired from work and feeling belugh.
On a good note, I've seen some unexpected positive comments that gave me a little bit of spirit back.
On an even better note... I have some spoiler art for chapter twenty two...

Be warned, this really is spoiler.

Spoiler:
Lol yissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss
CamoBadger
CamoBadger
Royal Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Tue Jul 02, 2013 4:26 pm

Opened the spoler much?
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by CamoBadger Tue Jul 02, 2013 4:30 pm

Instantly.
CamoBadger
CamoBadger
Royal Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Ketchup Tue Jul 02, 2013 4:44 pm

I'm just wondering how that's a spoiler. Hmm. Doesn't look very important.
But it's nice.
Ketchup
Ketchup
The Condiment

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Tue Jul 02, 2013 4:55 pm

Ketchup wrote:I'm just wondering how that's a spoiler. Hmm. Doesn't look very important.
But it's nice.

Well, it's not really all that important, but...
Spoiler:
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ketchup Tue Jul 02, 2013 4:59 pm

Kippershy wrote:
Ketchup wrote:I'm just wondering how that's a spoiler. Hmm. Doesn't look very important.
But it's nice.

Well, it's not really all that important, but...
Spoiler:
Heh. In this case, yeah, I guess a spoiler is warranted.
It's adorable, certainly.
Ketchup
Ketchup
The Condiment

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Thu Jul 11, 2013 6:22 pm

Anyone possibly wanna do me a favour like none other?
I'm pretty sure I added a part in the story where I had Cherry admit she's fancied Crimson since before chapter one, Camo thinks so too, but I can't find it. Anyone else remember if I added it in or not?
Is it just something I planned to add?
Anyone who finds it if I did add it in, will earn my undying love.
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 14 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13, 14  Next