Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

+11
Downloaded Skill
Katarn
Frost
Icy Shake
O. Hinds
RoboRed
Valikdu
Tytan
Stringtheory
Ironmonger
Scienza
15 posters

Page 13 of 31 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 22 ... 31  Next

Go down

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 13 Empty Re: [Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

Post by Guest Tue Jun 30, 2015 3:09 am

@Ty
Fair enough, lol. That's probably not out of the question - you could look up fencing or SCA or kendo stuff in your area.

@String
Gotcha. I did like that part pretty well. Read up a bit on it, some people think it was too long - I can see that, but I enjoyed the context it offered.

Back to top Go down

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 13 Empty Re: [Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

Post by Tytan Tue Jun 30, 2015 3:28 am

Don't get me wrong. The episode had some heavy shit. That song was just really fucking catchy.

Also you underestimate how 'middle of nowhere' I really am.

There is a 'family ninjutsu dojo' nearby though.

I don't know why.
Tytan
Tytan
The Great Bait Hunter

Brohoof! : 429

Character List:
Name: Clock / Viktor
Sex: Female / Male
Species: Unicorn / Sand Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 30, 2015 4:23 am

@Ty
Looks like the SCA does do stuff out in Nebraska, but I get the feeling that that's a lifestyle change or something. You don't just get the swordfighting from the song, you get the "pledging your 'life' to a lord" thing. Medieval recreational re-creation. As for ninjustu, I reckon that was a trend back in the day that hasn't died everywhere. "American Ninja" and all that.

Back to top Go down

Post by Tytan Tue Jun 30, 2015 6:08 am

Eeeeeeeh. I honestly don't want the sensei experience.

Maybe there's a spin class, with broadswords, and the spinning is Link's charge attack.
Tytan
Tytan
The Great Bait Hunter

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 30, 2015 7:03 am

I can do political spin, but that's the only kind I'm familiar with, I'm afraid. :P

Back to top Go down

Post by Stringtheory Thu Jul 02, 2015 3:15 pm

More Robobait:
Stringtheory
Stringtheory
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 97

Back to top Go down

Post by Valikdu Thu Jul 02, 2015 4:15 pm

[CKII]
Okay. Checked the events and decisions of the artifact system (which will have an Ambition to find artifacts, and multiple events where you find stuff, with risks) several times, looks like it should work. I'll probably still have a very Fun time testing / debugging it...
The remaining part before writing the localization files would be the holidays. I think I'll use a modified version of the Great Blot for the Nightmare Moon worshippers, and a modified version of the Nerge for Tirek worshippers. I'll have to put some thought into a Chrysalis holiday (and especially the flavor text).
Sorta drawing a blank with the light-side ones, though.
Valikdu
Valikdu
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 192

Character List:
Name: Ion Storm
Sex: Female
Species: First One

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Thu Jul 02, 2015 11:21 pm

Tibbles is my new spirit animal
Frost
Frost
Crazed Gun-Toting 'Murican

Brohoof! : 503

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Fri Jul 03, 2015 12:38 am

scienzabait:
http://freefraq.deviantart.com/art/Glasses-543631887
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 717

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Fri Jul 03, 2015 2:09 am

That dipshit infestation seems to be taking care of itself. Skip to 16:00 for the fun part.
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jul 04, 2015 12:47 am

Well, one of the worst short stories I've read in a while just won "Best Novelette" from Locus! It was a gimmicky, character-sans piece of predictable shite, but I guess that's what some people (wankers) are looking for right now.

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Sat Jul 04, 2015 7:54 am

Cool. That means I have my chances in the literary world, then! Spike
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 543

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Sun Jul 05, 2015 8:22 am

multi-track drifting in train simulator:
https://youtu.be/86PUB4u2s2A
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Valikdu Sun Jul 05, 2015 11:29 am

Reddit wrote:Subscribing to both /r/Parenting and /r/CrusaderKings leads to the occasional spittake.

I'd say.

...OH.
I was just thinking about how I'm gonna make the holiday event chain for the Chrysalis-worshippers.
And my mind had (somehow) wandered to that volume of Dark Elf where there's this ceremony with a demon being summoned to fuck a priestess, who would them produce a half-fiend.
EXCELLENT IDEA, LET'S TRY TO IMPLEMENT THAT.
Valikdu
Valikdu
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 192

Character List:
Name: Ion Storm
Sex: Female
Species: First One

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Sun Jul 05, 2015 1:51 pm

Harmony Ltd. wrote:
...Huh.
I'm surprised the (game) engine supports that.
Among other things I'm surprised at.

Also, is that a custom map?  The locomotive looks far more detailed than the map does (in particular, I noticed that the overhead lines, on curves, no less, appear to just be levitating in the air without support).
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Brohoof! : 383

Character List:
Name: Ris Haends Aeronauticus
Sex: Male
Species: Zebra

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Sun Jul 05, 2015 2:05 pm

I would tend to think it is a custom map, yes. As for the rest, I don't know, as the only Train Simulator I have ever player was the first, original one, years and years ago.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Sun Jul 05, 2015 2:08 pm

Ah, thanks.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Brohoof! : 383

Character List:
Name: Ris Haends Aeronauticus
Sex: Male
Species: Zebra

Back to top Go down

Post by Stringtheory Sun Jul 05, 2015 9:28 pm

Harmony Ltd. wrote:
I'm only slightly embarrassed to say that I really like Eurobeat.
Stringtheory
Stringtheory
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 97

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 05, 2015 11:57 pm

@Iron/Frost/Gosh darn whoever!
Ever heard of Red Fang? I reckon they're kinda in the "in vogue" metal camp, what with the whole modern Mastodon kinda sound (which I personally like, but you know how metalheads get when something gets popular with the "hipsters"), but this song's pretty good and the video's funny.

Related note, listened to "Lulu," the widely-derided Lou Reed/Metallica project. It's... not enjoyable. I'm not going to say it's a straight-up failure, because it's incredibly uncomfortable to listen to sometimes, and that's a reaction, which is one o' them things what art's supposed to provoke, but it's incoherent, rambling, and messy. Would not recommend unless you want to hear Lou Reed muttering about how he "will swallow your sharpest cutter like a colored man's dick." I am not joking. That is an exact quote. This kind of thing characterizes the whole album, alongside Metallica lead singer James Hetfield being a table.

Hope everyone had an enjoyable 4th, whether or not you celebrate it as a holiday. :P

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Mon Jul 06, 2015 2:54 pm

@Guarddogjr :

Have you sen this?
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 06, 2015 4:37 pm

Harmony Ltd. wrote:@Guarddogjr :

Have you sen this?
I have now, that was pretty damn cool to watch the whole thing being made. Thanks for showing me

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Mon Jul 06, 2015 5:59 pm

Found it via a post ridiculing gun control arguments, with the point made being being "see, you can build a AK in you own garage with common tools and out of scraps".
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 06, 2015 6:05 pm

Well it is an AK, kinda made that way to begin with...

Back to top Go down

Post by Icy Shake Mon Jul 06, 2015 6:27 pm

Harmony Ltd. wrote:Found it via a post ridiculing gun control arguments, with the point made being being "see, you can build a AK in you own garage with common tools and out of scraps".
Did anyone making that argument notice that saying that you can, with hundreds or thousands of dollars of tools and a private workspace, the training or practice to use them, and a kit that under the gun control regime they are ridiculing presumably wouldn't be legal to import, you could reconstruct an AK which you (under that regime likely) couldn't legally use or take anywhere or purchase ammunition for, is a pretty weak argument?
Icy Shake
Icy Shake
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 308

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Mon Jul 06, 2015 6:43 pm

Of course it is, because such a thing has never been done before
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Mon Jul 06, 2015 6:48 pm

Of course, that's a "pretty weak argument" too, I suppose, since Nazi occupation is hardly what we'd call an 'oppressive government' that strips you of rights and resources. Now, if you showed someone making weapons in a place where they were stripped of rights and resources on government orders--something far-fetched, say, like making shotguns and derringers in high-security prisons, that might just be something.
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Mon Jul 06, 2015 7:17 pm

I should've known better than to start alluding to the gun control debate around here.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Mon Jul 06, 2015 8:54 pm

In other news:
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Tytan Mon Jul 06, 2015 8:57 pm

Harmony Ltd. wrote:I should've known better than to start alluding to the gun control debate around here.
I'd say you shot yourself in the foot, but the government probably took your gun.
Tytan
Tytan
The Great Bait Hunter

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Tytan Mon Jul 06, 2015 10:13 pm

If they'd done this in Jurassic world I would've shit my pants.:
Tytan
Tytan
The Great Bait Hunter

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 31 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 22 ... 31  Next