Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

+18
brony all alone
iLateralGX
Scyto Harmony
Katarn
StoneSlinger88
Cptadder
Kattlarv
Scienza
Ironmonger
Valikdu
O. Hinds
Harmony Ltd.
Tytan
Frost
Stringtheory
Moodyman90
RoboRed
OneMoreDaySK
22 posters

Page 3 of 31 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 17 ... 31  Next

Go down

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 3 Empty Re: [Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

Post by RoboRed Sat May 24, 2014 11:47 pm

Scienza wrote:
Alas, the Double Down stopped being served at KFC before I could shove one in my face.
I do believe that is currently back for a limited time.

http://www.kfc.com/doubledown/
Shit, it ends after tomorrow. I should get one.
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 717

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 3 Empty Re: [Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

Post by Guest Sun May 25, 2014 12:22 am

Oh god... That reminds me of something I heard on tumblr the other day.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 25, 2014 12:35 am

Eh, Swicked stuff. I mean there's an LSP there but you probably don't care what it's crossed over with.

Back to top Go down

Post by StoneSlinger88 Sun May 25, 2014 2:14 am

RoboRed wrote:
Scienza wrote:
Alas, the Double Down stopped being served at KFC before I could shove one in my face.
I do believe that is currently back for a limited time.

http://www.kfc.com/doubledown/
Shit, it ends after tomorrow. I should get one.

I got one last week. The first few bites were pure bliss, then by the end of it your tastebud's reaction is overridden by your gut screaming profanities at you about what you want it to digest.
StoneSlinger88
StoneSlinger88
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 47

Character List:
Name: Judge
Sex: Male
Species: Earth Pony

Back to top Go down

Post by Katarn Sun May 25, 2014 4:43 am

One of the reasons why I keep watching Supernatural (spoiler-free):
Katarn
Katarn
Soviet Bastard

Brohoof! : 351

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Sun May 25, 2014 5:43 am

swicked wrote:
Mister Frost wrote:And no, Last. It was a joke about the murder of defenceless young women. Way to make it weird, guy.
Ah, good. Normal blood I can appreciate. The smell, the taste, all of it. Period blood is a special kind of horrible, reeking fluid. I can hardly imagine someone with a strong-enough stomach to handle that.
I avoid the lower abdomen in general, considering if you fuck with the bowels too much, they'll get punctured and start leaking literal shit. Plus the whole deal with the void-bowels-upon-death thing. That's just nasty. Being a dumbass corpse 'n shit is no excuse to be rude.
Frost
Frost
Crazed Gun-Toting 'Murican

Brohoof! : 503

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Tytan Sun May 25, 2014 6:30 am

Mister Frost wrote:
swicked wrote:
Mister Frost wrote:And no, Last. It was a joke about the murder of defenceless young women. Way to make it weird, guy.
Ah, good. Normal blood I can appreciate. The smell, the taste, all of it. Period blood is a special kind of horrible, reeking fluid. I can hardly imagine someone with a strong-enough stomach to handle that.
I avoid the lower abdomen in general, considering if you fuck with the bowels too much, they'll get punctured and start leaking literal shit. Plus the whole deal with the void-bowels-upon-death thing. That's just nasty. Being a dumbass corpse 'n shit is no excuse to be rude.

Whatever happened to efficiency?

If you want a fucker dead then the most certain way to do it is either slashing their throat, thereby severing the jugular, or by stabbing them just to the left or right of the groin.

The latter is less assured because there's a chance you'll miss the femoral artery, but supposedly there are four things on this planet that can stop if from spraying blood everywhere. 1, a trauma surgeon. 2, a military medic. 3, massive cauterization. And 4, quick clot. Other than that your victim will be unconscious in 30 seconds and dead in roughly three minutes.

Throat on the other hand is almost an assured death as long as you don't pussy out. And good luck putting a tourniquet on someones neck.
Tytan
Tytan
The Great Bait Hunter

Brohoof! : 429

Character List:
Name: Clock / Viktor
Sex: Female / Male
Species: Unicorn / Sand Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by Valikdu Sun May 25, 2014 6:36 am

Comment: "Conversation between Tirek and Twilight"

Valikdu
Valikdu
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 192

Character List:
Name: Ion Storm
Sex: Female
Species: First One

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Sun May 25, 2014 6:46 am

Clearly you've never been to Infantry training. You can solve everything with tourniquets. 

Sore throat? Boom. Tourniquet. Done. 
Broken arm? Boom. Tourniquet. Done. 
Cancer? Boom. Tourniquet. Done. 

Plus, if you're going for quickness, then targeting the spine near the base of the skull is far more instantaneous than trying to attack an artery
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Tytan Sun May 25, 2014 7:07 am

Mister Frost wrote:Clearly you've never been to Infantry training. You can solve everything with tourniquets. 

Sore throat? Boom. Tourniquet. Done. 
Broken arm? Boom. Tourniquet. Done. 
Cancer? Boom. Tourniquet. Done. 

Plus, if you're going for quickness, then targeting the spine near the base of the skull is far more instantaneous than trying to attack an artery
Well obviously, but it's so much harder (if not impossible) to watch the life drain out of their eyes when you do it like that. Cutting an artery is more of a spectacle, and you can watch as they reconsider their life choices or flail in agony. Playing around in someone's guts is just screwing around, and people have survived worse.
Tytan
Tytan
The Great Bait Hunter

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Sun May 25, 2014 9:10 am

Mister Frost wrote:
[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 3 3163111-1
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Sun May 25, 2014 9:28 am

Besides, if you're going for spectacle, you could just stab under or between the ribs and puncture the lungs. They're left writhing and choking on their blood, and nothing shirt of high-level and immediate care has a chance of saving them.
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Tytan Sun May 25, 2014 10:01 am

Mister Frost wrote:Besides, if you're going for spectacle, you could just stab under or between the ribs and puncture the lungs. They're left writhing and choking on their blood, and nothing shirt of high-level and immediate care has a chance of saving them.
But you have to think of the spectacle of not just the death itself, but what the investigating officers are gonna find. Sure if you go the 'strewn guts' route you get the biggest spectacle, but it takes far to much time and you risk getting covered in shit. If you stab them in the brain stem or the lung all you've got is a corpse and a bit of blood. But if you take a carving knife to their throat you've got gallons of blood not just on the floor, but on the walls and ceiling, not to mention how gruesome a sawn open neck can be.

While it's certainly not the fastest way to end a life throat cutting/artery severing balances both the speed factor and the gruesome spectacle factor.
Tytan
Tytan
The Great Bait Hunter

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Sun May 25, 2014 10:56 am

Although the probable top dog among both quickness of death and spectacle is taking a tent spike, ice pick, or even a strong knife (like a modern bayonet or a Really tough knife that can punch through steel), and give a good, form stab down through the crown of the skull into the brain. If you're quick enough, you'll probably force the eyes out of their sockets with the tissue displacement, as well as sending blood rushing out the eardrums, mouth and nose before you wrench the tool free, sending chunks of bone and brain er'rywhere
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Tytan Sun May 25, 2014 11:04 am

Mister Frost wrote:Although the probable top dog among both quickness of death and spectacle is taking a tent spike, ice pick, or even a strong knife (like a modern bayonet or a Really tough knife that can punch through steel), and give a good, form stab down through the crown of the skull into the brain. If you're quick enough, you'll probably force the eyes out of their sockets with the tissue displacement, as well as sending blood rushing out the eardrums, mouth and nose before you wrench the tool free, sending chunks of bone and brain er'rywhere
I'm disappointed in you Frost. You've forgotten the death bringer to end all death bringers.
Tytan
Tytan
The Great Bait Hunter

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Sun May 25, 2014 11:31 am

Uhh....guns?
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Tytan Sun May 25, 2014 11:34 am

Sorry for the shitty quality:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=Xj7LNbCxsxk
Tytan
Tytan
The Great Bait Hunter

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Sun May 25, 2014 11:39 am

Oh, I was under the impression that this was a debate for one-handed knifelike tools, primarily. I'd rather have a tomahawk or a fuckin' gun, given the choice.
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Tytan Sun May 25, 2014 11:41 am

I can see that, but can you imagine how confused/disgusted the police would be if you made a matching set of salad and soup bowls out of the tops of your victims skulls??
Tytan
Tytan
The Great Bait Hunter

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Sun May 25, 2014 11:43 am

Or just make a small spaghetti strainer out of pried-out ribs?
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Tytan Sun May 25, 2014 11:46 am

If you're gonna do that you might as well go the extra mile and go all native americans and the buffalo on them.
Tytan
Tytan
The Great Bait Hunter

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Sun May 25, 2014 11:47 am

Making bowstrings from their tendons and coin purses from their scrotums?
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Tytan Sun May 25, 2014 11:50 am

Don't forget the decorative silverware with flange handles and the hip bone menorah for your local jewish family.
Tytan
Tytan
The Great Bait Hunter

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 25, 2014 1:14 pm

I had the weirdest dream:

Back to top Go down

Post by Scyto Harmony Sun May 25, 2014 1:19 pm

Well, I'm back.
Scyto Harmony
Scyto Harmony
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 155

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 25, 2014 2:28 pm

I was scrolling through the XBLA when I found a neat game called Super time force. It's got some cool time based mechanics.

You start off with three characters (You can unlock 16) each has a unique ability that can be used by holding down the attack button, now if you are playing a specific character and they die you can rewind time and change characters or play the same one if you want.

Now the cool thing is that character you just died as will still be there and do the same things you did when you were playing them. (Think of the replay when you beat a level in super meat boy.) They will kill the same enemies break the same objects etc. The cool thing is if you manage to save them by killing the enemy that killed you before it can kill you you can collect the "dead" character gain an extra hit point and you can use their unique ability simultaneously with your own.

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Sun May 25, 2014 2:32 pm

swicked wrote:
Mister Frost wrote:Plus, if you're going for quickness, then targeting the spine near the base of the skull is far more instantaneous than trying to attack an artery
I was trained a quick stab and twist to a kidney was best.
That's still an assured kill, but it's not as quick as a spinal attack, leaves them able to fight back, and is more dependent on catching the victim by surprise (whereas, as Apache-style knife fighting teaches, you can attack the spine a variety of ways, even in combat)
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 25, 2014 2:41 pm

@Scyto
Welcome home.

@California
Feminist reactions continue to make me glad I'm not one anymore. There's only one kind of feminist, after all (implying otherwise makes them upset), and that one kind is batshit. I'll be something else, thanks very much.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 25, 2014 2:44 pm

Scyto Harmony wrote:Well, I'm back.
Did ya go camping or something?

Back to top Go down

Post by Scyto Harmony Sun May 25, 2014 2:56 pm

Guarddogjr wrote:
Scyto Harmony wrote:Well, I'm back.
Did ya go camping or something?

Moving, into a new apartment.
Scyto Harmony
Scyto Harmony
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 155

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 31 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 17 ... 31  Next