Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

+16
Stringtheory
Scyto Harmony
Valikdu
Admiral Stoic Rum
OneMoreDaySK
Moodyman90
Katarn
StoneSlinger88
Scienza
O. Hinds
Frost
Tytan
Kattlarv
Harmony Ltd.
RoboRed
Ironmonger
20 posters

Page 30 of 31 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31  Next

Go down

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 30 Empty Re: [Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

Post by Guest Thu May 22, 2014 1:03 am

They do tie into the plot though. They just aren't the focus. Tears are, the vigors are apart of that, in fact the only reason they exist is through tears.

Vigors are not just Columbia's version of Plasmids they are Plasmids. Fink just rebranded them.

Back to top Go down

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 30 Empty Re: [Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

Post by RoboRed Thu May 22, 2014 1:41 am

Lastbait:
http://thebubbleqat.deviantart.com/art/Free-to-a-Loving-Home-455362264?ga_submit_new=10%253A1400625833
http://zahruna.deviantart.com/art/Queen-of-the-Breezelings-455389613

Swickedbait:
http://art-2u.deviantart.com/art/mlp-Celestia-human-eg-by-Art-2u-425450315
http://cizu.deviantart.com/art/Celestia-s-Night-wallpaper-size-455311894
http://spaghettidolphin.deviantart.com/art/The-Sun-Godess-s-Rage-455390070
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 717

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Tytan Thu May 22, 2014 3:27 am

military humor:
Tytan
Tytan
The Great Bait Hunter

Brohoof! : 429

Character List:
Name: Clock / Viktor
Sex: Female / Male
Species: Unicorn / Sand Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by Valikdu Thu May 22, 2014 4:42 am

I've found a renewed interest for The Old Republic.
Valikdu
Valikdu
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 192

Character List:
Name: Ion Storm
Sex: Female
Species: First One

Back to top Go down

Post by Katarn Thu May 22, 2014 4:47 am

MMO or RPG?
Katarn
Katarn
Soviet Bastard

Brohoof! : 351

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Valikdu Thu May 22, 2014 5:46 am

The MMO one.
Valikdu
Valikdu
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 192

Character List:
Name: Ion Storm
Species: First One

Back to top Go down

Post by CamoBadger Thu May 22, 2014 7:38 am

ATTENTION EVERYONE!!!

I AM NOT WEARING ANY PANTS.

That is all, carry on.
CamoBadger
CamoBadger
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 588

Back to top Go down

Post by Scienza Thu May 22, 2014 7:54 am

Valikdu wrote:I've found a renewed interest for The Old Republic.
I've really been meaning to play it (since I love the shit out KotOR), but I just haven't had the time to get into an MMO.
Scienza
Scienza
Shipmistress

Brohoof! : 248

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

https://plus.google.com/u/0/+DkutlaOsterhagen

Back to top Go down

Post by Katarn Thu May 22, 2014 8:38 am

Camo is alive!

camobait?:
Katarn
Katarn
Soviet Bastard

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Katarn Thu May 22, 2014 8:40 am

Scienza wrote:
Valikdu wrote:I've found a renewed interest for The Old Republic.
I've really been meaning to play it (since I love the shit out KotOR), but I just haven't had the time to get into an MMO.

Well, tbh Free2Play system sort of killed it, not in meaning of quality of story or dialogs, but in quality of playing (for me, at least). And I can compare this, since I tried both at time. Though who knows, maybe it's just for me and it's actually fun and good game right now.
Katarn
Katarn
Soviet Bastard

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Thu May 22, 2014 9:57 am

CamoBadger wrote:ATTENTION EVERYONE!!!

I AM NOT WEARING ANY PANTS.

That is all, carry on.
1) CAAAAAAAAAMOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!! *glomp*

2)
Spoiler:
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by OneMoreDaySK Thu May 22, 2014 11:04 am

Last wrote:They do tie into the plot though. They just aren't the focus. Tears are, the vigors are apart of that, in fact the only reason they exist is through tears.

Vigors are not just Columbia's version of Plasmids they are Plasmids. Fink just rebranded them.

Oh, really? Then what impact did it have on the storyline? From what I can tell, you can take all of it out, and aside from the few times that make them mandatory to progress, it wouldn't change the story one bit.
OneMoreDaySK
OneMoreDaySK
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 56

Character List:
Name: Alouette
Species: Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Moodyman90 Thu May 22, 2014 12:26 pm

The plot mandated points where you need to get them is all there there for. But don't you dare say " you could take them out" cause they're expected to be there.
Moodyman90
Moodyman90
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 163

Character List:
Name: Moody Blues/ Moodstone
Sex: Male/ Male
Species: Earth Pony/ Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by OneMoreDaySK Thu May 22, 2014 12:54 pm

And they only reason they're expected to be there is because the designers made it the only way to progress. Take the posession vigor. You use it once, when there's no other option, and it doesn't come up again for the rest of the game. Was there an outbreak of crime due to someone abusing the Possession vigor? Was someone important in the story possessed and forced to do things that they wouldn't have done otherwise? If it doesn't tie into where the plot is heading, then I consider it an artifact of the Bioshock series that they shoehorned into the game so that people are reminded they are playing Bioshock.
OneMoreDaySK
OneMoreDaySK
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 22, 2014 1:38 pm

But plasmids weren't important to the original story. ADAM was. A material columbia does not have access to.

You are remembering it wrong SK a majority of the enemies you face in the original bioshock do not use Plasmids. Or you are forgetting the lead head, thuggish and spider splicers.

Let me exlain to you the difference between having access to ADAM and vigors are. You used ADAM to purchase either plasmids or gene tonics from a gatherer's garden. You know what that means? The gatherer's garden programs your raw ADAM that you've put in to be anything from incinerate to sport's boost and many other things you just don't have access to as the player.

There is no plasmid that teleports you or a gene tonic that makes you run along the walls in the game. But they clearly do exist.

In columbia you have very specific preprogrammed ADAM. The citizens do not have any access to the raw materials.

Also a story where a guy is just running around possessing people? How about instead thay have a story about a raven cult where one of the members uses a crow plasmid to do ritual sacrifice?

Back to top Go down

Post by Moodyman90 Thu May 22, 2014 1:53 pm

The firemen are using Devil's Kiss, Slate dropped some Shock Jockey traps, and the Siren has a super possession ability that raises the dead.
I believe you're focusing on something like its suppose to be a major plot point but it isn't. Much like the voxiphones they don't have to be there, but its required for a Bioshock game.

They're window dressings, extra spice to make it different from other games.
Moodyman90
Moodyman90
Draconequus

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by OneMoreDaySK Thu May 22, 2014 2:37 pm

I think I'm missing the big question here. What exactly defines a game to be of the Bioshock series? Is it as you say, the window dressings that make it all the difference? Hold on... Let me dig through my history to try and find something that influences my opinions on the game.

Ah, here it is:
Vidya:
OneMoreDaySK
OneMoreDaySK
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Thu May 22, 2014 3:04 pm

Lol:

http://micthemicrophone.tumblr.com/post/86519286383/commandereyebrows-chachipistachis
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 543

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Thu May 22, 2014 3:12 pm

lolwat Applebloom 
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Thu May 22, 2014 4:41 pm

swickedbait:
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Moodyman90 Thu May 22, 2014 6:40 pm

OneMoreDaySK wrote:I think I'm missing the big question here. What exactly defines a game to be of the Bioshock series? Is it as you say, the window dressings that make it all the difference? Hold on... Let me dig through my history to try and find something that influences my opinions on the game.

Ah, here it is:
Vidya:

As stated in that video, Bioshock Infinite had a very troubled production, taking over three years to make and being scrapped numerous times before they finally had something they was willing to ship out. And I think it's been stated they wasn't completely happy with the final product, but unfortunately you can't just postpone forever in that business and they probably went with something they knew would sell and tried to make it as good as they could.

And while the video has a good point, and maybe the next game Ken Levin and his team can be the Bioshock game they truly wanted to make, in this case yes the window dressing that is Plasmids/Vigors are what make a Bioshock game until they make something different. If they don't have those it's just another shooter with a similar theme to a previous one.

Also it could be that the Vigors are so new to the general public very few people have them. The population of Columbia probably doesn't change all that much from year to year to warrant them trying to sell the Vigors as hard as they did at the fair. The enemies that use them are the Firemen that work with the police, and high ranking Order of the Raven members, people who where probably granted special access before all the regular people. Plasmids had been around for years even before the fall of Rapture.
Moodyman90
Moodyman90
Draconequus

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Thu May 22, 2014 9:57 pm

Alright, this motherfucker's Family Day is tomorrow, meaning, due to Memorial Day, I have my phone (and am on pass) until Monday night. Then, in just a few more weeks, I'll fucking graduate and finally be out of Basic, having only taken eight and a half goddamn months to do it.
Frost
Frost
Crazed Gun-Toting 'Murican

Brohoof! : 503

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Thu May 22, 2014 10:00 pm

'Bout time, eh?
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Thu May 22, 2014 10:22 pm

Just about. This cycle's going smooth, though. Drill Sergeant Thomas, the platoon's primary instructor, is the kind of Drill who'll make the platoon dig fighting positions and sleep in a patrol base for STT (which, me being on a gun crew, means I don't sleep until I've dug a 7x7x5'6'' pit to sleep in with two other unwashed dudes) but will then proceed to dare the bug-phobic team leader to eat a grubworm he found with the accusation of "no balls", which turns a simple dare into the sacred duty of any self-respecting Infantryman.
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Tytan Thu May 22, 2014 10:52 pm

Breaking news.

Apparently the NRA is refusing to make a deal that will allow gun shops to sell not only regular gun, but also smart guns.

In other words, the NRA is refusing to make a deal that will let gun stores to sell more guns.

I don't even...
Tytan
Tytan
The Great Bait Hunter

Brohoof! : 429

Character List:
Name: Clock / Viktor
Sex: Female / Male
Species: Unicorn / Sand Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 22, 2014 10:59 pm

Yes, but breaking news from who?

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Thu May 22, 2014 11:01 pm

@Tytan

I feel a disturbance in the Force...

Ironmonger
Daemon Prince of Bad Puns

Brohoof! : 290

Character List:
Name: Cast Iron
Sex: Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Thu May 22, 2014 11:04 pm

Personally, I think we shouldn't get guns at all. You want to kill someone, you brain him with an E-tool and curb stomp his dog, fair and square, like the good old days.
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 22, 2014 11:12 pm

Robo, I think Frost has spoken. I think he would like his rank to be changed to "Crazed E-Tool-Toting 'Murican"

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Thu May 22, 2014 11:18 pm

All y'all non-11B's don't know our secrets, man. We don't even use those M4's, they're just for show. We just hold the rounds in front of us and fire them with our fucking E-tools. We simply dig down nine inches, get in the prone, and become utterly invisible. It is a weapon to rival the mightiest rake and the keenest pitchfork. You give me a woobie, some 550 cord and an E-tool, I'll make you a fucking tank. Then I'll get out of the tank and ruckmarch away, because we infantry are too stupid hardcore to use such things.
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 30 of 31 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31  Next