Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

+25
Harmony Ltd.
Meleagridis
Aonee
Scienza
iLateralGX
Admiral Stoic Rum
Tytan
Plasticube
Ketchup
OneMoreDaySK
O. Hinds
CamoBadger
Moodyman90
cb5
Scyto Harmony
StoneSlinger88
Stringtheory
Frost
Ironmonger
Valikdu
Penby
Kippershy
RoboRed
Kattlarv
Katarn
29 posters

Page 31 of 32 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32  Next

Go down

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 31 Empty Re: [Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

Post by RoboRed Mon Dec 09, 2013 6:26 pm

I'm using Chrome and Firefox with no problems.
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 717

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 31 Empty Re: [Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

Post by Kippershy Mon Dec 09, 2013 6:29 pm

RoboRed wrote:I'm using Chrome and Firefox with no problems.
This is fucking annoying. I have to add an end quote function to be able to type in the non quote area, and even that is after pressing preview.
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Brohoof! : 121

Character List:
Name: Crimson Wings / Cherry Sundae
Sex: Male / Female
Species: Pegasus / Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Valikdu Mon Dec 09, 2013 6:45 pm

Kippershy wrote:
This is fucking annoying. I have to add an end quote function to be able to type in the non quote area, and even that is after pressing preview.
The far right button on the editing form forces the displaying of all BB codes instead of the yellow boxes and stuff.
Valikdu
Valikdu
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 192

Character List:
Name: Ion Storm
Sex: Female
Species: First One

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Dec 09, 2013 6:46 pm

Editing with square brackets is the best editing.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Mon Dec 09, 2013 6:48 pm

Valikdu wrote:
Kippershy wrote:
The far right button on the editing form forces the displaying of all BB codes instead of the yellow boxes and stuff.
thank you. that fixes it
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Brohoof! : 121

Character List:
Name: Crimson Wings / Cherry Sundae
Sex: Male / Female
Species: Pegasus / Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Mon Dec 09, 2013 6:58 pm

Anyone else have those days when you ask yourself why you even bother waking up in the morning?

Ironmonger
Daemon Prince of Bad Puns

Brohoof! : 290

Character List:
Name: Cast Iron
Sex: Male
Species: Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by CamoBadger Mon Dec 09, 2013 7:06 pm

Ironmonger wrote:Anyone else have those days when you ask yourself why you even bother waking up in the morning?
Almost every day
CamoBadger
CamoBadger
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 588

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Mon Dec 09, 2013 7:08 pm

CamoBadger wrote:
Ironmonger wrote:Anyone else have those days when you ask yourself why you even bother waking up in the morning?
Almost every day
This.
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 717

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by cb5 Mon Dec 09, 2013 7:10 pm

It's extremely rare for me to do so.
cb5
cb5
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 19

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Dec 09, 2013 7:11 pm

CamoBadger wrote:
Almost every day

Everyday? I occasionally get that feeling for a few days. But damn. Have you thought about seeing a therapist? That doesn't sound very good.

Back to top Go down

Post by cb5 Mon Dec 09, 2013 7:15 pm

Wow, the cutscenes for Asura's wrath are better than the video game. Asura punched Deus so hard he knocked the God out of him. Haven't seen that before in a video game.
cb5
cb5
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by CamoBadger Mon Dec 09, 2013 7:19 pm

Last wrote:
CamoBadger wrote:
Almost every day

Everyday? I occasionally get that feeling for a few days. But damn. Have you thought about seeing a therapist? That doesn't sound very good.
This question implies I'm not already seeing one.
CamoBadger
CamoBadger
Royal Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by cb5 Mon Dec 09, 2013 7:22 pm

CamoBadger wrote:
Last wrote:
CamoBadger wrote:
Almost every day

Sometimes when you wake up in the morning you just have to grab life by the horns and give it a piledriver.
cb5
cb5
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Dec 09, 2013 7:26 pm

CamoBadger wrote:
Last wrote:
CamoBadger wrote:
Almost every day

Oh, Hope it helps or is helping. Ughh hope that didn't come off as demanding, you're an adult you can make your own choices. It's great you've sought out help though.

Back to top Go down

Post by CamoBadger Mon Dec 09, 2013 7:29 pm

Last wrote:
Oh, Hope it helps or is helping. Ughh hope that didn't come off as demanding, you're an adult you can make your own choices. It's great you've sought out help though.
Don't worry about it, I'm not upset or anything like that.
CamoBadger
CamoBadger
Royal Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Dec 09, 2013 7:35 pm

I used to have those days a lot, but then I didn't. /shrug Now the worst I get are days when I wake up and realize it's only been an hour since I went to sleep and I wish I was still sleeping. Still don't know what changed. Hedonic adaptation finally kicked in, maybe. I know some exercises now that are apparently actually pretty reliable at making you happier and stuff, but I didn't know them or practice them when things got better or anything like that.

Back to top Go down

Post by Scyto Harmony Mon Dec 09, 2013 7:36 pm

I know the feeling very well - just try to keep in mind that if you stopped getting up now, people wouldn't care nearly as much as you want them to. Somehow that works as motivation, I've found.
Scyto Harmony
Scyto Harmony
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 155

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Mon Dec 09, 2013 7:41 pm

Testing.
edit: Nope, seems to be working fine for me.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Brohoof! : 383

Character List:
Name: Ris Haends Aeronauticus
Species: Zebra

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Mon Dec 09, 2013 7:45 pm

The reason I even brought that up is because I've been feeling really distressed.

Odd rant:

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Stringtheory Mon Dec 09, 2013 7:47 pm

Ironmonger wrote:The reason I even brought that up is because I've been feeling really distressed.

Odd rant:
So no school or job as motivation?
Stringtheory
Stringtheory
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 97

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Mon Dec 09, 2013 7:48 pm

Nothing. I have to stay home to take care of my dad, and even if that weren't a factor my mom won't let me work because she wants me to focus on my schooling. I'm home-schooled, so I rarely see anyone outside of my own family.

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Stringtheory Mon Dec 09, 2013 7:52 pm

Ironmonger wrote:Nothing. I have to stay home to take care of my dad, and even if that weren't a factor my mom won't let me work because she wants me to focus on my schooling. I'm home-schooled, so I rarely see anyone outside of my own family.
Yeesh, sorry to hear that, what's wrong with your dad if you don't mind me asking...
Stringtheory
Stringtheory
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 97

Back to top Go down

Post by Kattlarv Mon Dec 09, 2013 7:54 pm

@Moody: (Comic) Yeah, I just derp out hard on that part. Like, okay, I get it being "Canterlot High", that makes enough cheesy sense. But the fact their nemesis are STILL called "Shadowbolts" and not ex: "Shadowcolts", makes no sense. Why change one to something that doesn't really work, and not the other? Why not keep both? It makes no sense.

And for that filly part, not too sure tbh... personally like being called "mare" heh...  Santa 

@EP: (Latest episode) Haven't checked the r34 yet, but I dearly hope people at least cba to do anything BUT the generic bland shit I'm expecting to see spam the internet. Least included one innovative or interesting idea...

@Valik: (Row of things) I got like... a few of those?

@OAC: (comic) Still, makes no sense to me.

@O.Hinds: (Episode) Can work. But beside the massive boners Dash and Twi had, they felt rather out of touch tbh. Like, so many parts were just seeming OOC.

@cb5: (games) I've pretty much more or less made all those points before.

@EP: Guys...
Spoiler:
(really, science is doing all kind of pointless shit, why can't it spend time doing something useful too? XD)

@Kipper: (spoiler) gotta say, I could potentially conclude two things that could be... but I'm not really sure of either.

@Tytan: (superman) He's technically actually not a mary sue. The correct definition is a character that is no longer challenged by what they face within the restriction of their realm... so yeah, would actually still call BJ a Mary Sue, among plenty other Somber OC's... not to mention the amount of plot convenience characters.

@EP: ... you know guys, reading recent pages, I'm very tempted to link a slightly nsfw pic of a character of mine. Just for the sexual innuendo xP

Oh yeah, and speaking of the therapy stuff: I started going to one, and they concluded to me that I wasn't here to evaluate my psychical health, or how I was doing, rather to conclude my working capacities. And also today, didn't get a reminder of having a meeting. Didn't get a calling. And they contact me 50 min after it started and tell me I apparently had one today. And then inform me I'll likely be billed for 300 for not showing up. Imma watch my gecko lick it's eyeballs with furious vengeance. Then complain on it.

@Iron: (wake up) quite common for me. Or the same when going to bed.

And can say I ain't got either of those either.

Last edited by Kattlarv on Mon Dec 09, 2013 8:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Kattlarv
Kattlarv
Hydra

Brohoof! : 27

Character List:
Name: Dewflower
Sex: Female-ish

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Dec 09, 2013 7:55 pm

Ironmonger wrote:The reason I even brought that up is because I've been feeling really distressed.

Odd rant:

If it helps at all when it come to drawing tutorials I've always found them sorta useless. I'm not sure how to put it but I'll give it a shot.

When it comes to the tutorials I'll see what they're doing and kinda what they're getting at but it's not interactive so I end up rewatching or rereading and I get nothing new. It's the same thing I just saw it twice now. So often I end up missing something and I have to find out what I am missing in their process. And since I don't think like they do it's a lot easier to come up with a way of doing things on my own then it is to try and fill in the blanks.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Mon Dec 09, 2013 7:56 pm

@Stringtheory

I don't have any reason to mind. My dad had to have a surgery to reposition his stomach because it was strung up through his diaphragm and putting pressure on his heart, which also cut off blood flow to the stomach. After that, he had a heart attack which severely weakened every part of him. Then, they found some kind of odd mass on his bladder which could be cancer, and now there's something ambiguous on his brain scan. We expect to lose him before long, but he's just taking it in stride, so I am too.

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Moodyman90 Mon Dec 09, 2013 7:59 pm

Well I see ya'll have been busy today. Frost is back? Sweet. Welcome back dude. Most active this threads been in a long while.
Moodyman90
Moodyman90
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 163

Character List:
Name: Moody Blues/ Moodstone
Sex: Male/ Male
Species: Earth Pony/ Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by cb5 Mon Dec 09, 2013 8:04 pm

Kattlarv wrote:@EP: (Latest episode) Haven't checked the r34 yet, but I dearly hope people at least cba to do anything BUT the generic bland shit I'm expecting to see spam the internet. Least included one innovative or interesting idea...
Oh speaking of which on paheal, mlp is about to surpass touhou for the number two spot and is only 1523 posts away from it now.

It's going to take another year or two before we dethrone pokemon.
cb5
cb5
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Tytan Mon Dec 09, 2013 8:14 pm

@Katt, Superman? Challenged by his universe? IIRC the only things that offer ANY challenge for superman are gods, people with photo copies of his powers, and stupid people with magic rocks.
Tytan
Tytan
The Great Bait Hunter

Brohoof! : 429

Character List:
Name: Clock / Viktor
Sex: Female / Male
Species: Unicorn / Sand Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by Moodyman90 Mon Dec 09, 2013 8:20 pm

Superman is weak to magic. Meaning most heroes and villains based around magic are suppose to give him a run for his money. Most fights between Supes and Captain Marvel (Shazam) usually ends with a draw cause CM is even more of a goody goody boy scout than Supes or a hard fought victory of either Shazam winning because of his magic, or Supes because he found a way to trick CM back into Billy Batson.
Moodyman90
Moodyman90
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 163

Character List:
Name: Moody Blues/ Moodstone
Sex: Male/ Male
Species: Earth Pony/ Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Dec 09, 2013 8:25 pm

@Iron
Don't worry, dude, with as much griping as we all do I'm sure nobody's apt to think less of you for airing and/or venting your own problems. (That's a great sort of metaphor, holds up really well - airing a problem versus venting a problem, differing degrees of the same phenomenon, love it)

Anyway, focusing on schooling's important, your mom's right about that, and while I'm not going to say that family's necessarily the center of a person's life, I do know that strong family bonds can be a strong source of support throughout life. Still sorry to hear your dad's not doing well; that can't be easy.

In terms of practicality, getting headphones with decent sound-blocking - I've got cheap-ass inner ear ones with memory foam tips - help a lot with working in active, noisy environments, I've found. I've not used Inkscape, but I've some experience with GIMP and my best recommendation is to just... play with it, really. I wouldn't call myself good with it, not by any means, but just futzing around with it a lot, working on whatever strikes your fancy and spending a few hours learning what various things do in a disorganized way - well, that's how I learn stuff, anyway. You get acclimated to the things you can do, you start to be able to apply those things in new ways, stuff like that. I've never used a tutorial for it, in any case, though I wouldn't necessarily knock them - YouTube tutorials helped me out with figuring out server-stuff, after all. One of my favorite exercises was trying to make normal images spooky, or adding in Slenderman to things and suchlike. You can get a lot of use from a lot of the program doing stuff like that, and then apply that to other, later projects.

Definitely don't think of it as hitting a personal brick wall that other people have the magical ability to hover over them, or around, or whatever one does with brick walls (blow them up?) - almost everybody's who's good at something had to just do it a lot first, a lot a lot, developing their skills to the point at which they hit the perfect tempo between challenge and skill so that they can just immerse themselves in the thing. Sometimes that takes a really long time, and a lot of hitting brick walls. Taking a break to do something else while your brain winds down can help with these kinds of barriers.

@Kim (science!)
I don't think science is very close to giving you marebits yet, sadly, but I suppose it could be the next frontier of body-modding. Combo electronic-organic prosthetics and cybernetics, could be cool.

@Tytan
I dunno, the fact that magic rocks can take him down seems to offer a pretty distinct weakness to him. =P And it's not just stupid people with magic rocks; sometimes it's Batman with magic rocks! And we don't call Batman stupid, because he might be listening.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 31 of 32 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32  Next