Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

+17
IncoherentOrange
cb5
Darkbright39
Cptadder
Ketchup
StoneSlinger88
O. Hinds
Meleagridis
Moodyman90
Stringtheory
Ironmonger
Valikdu
Admiral Stoic Rum
Harmony Ltd.
Kippershy
RoboRed
Frost
21 posters

Page 29 of 31 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30, 31  Next

Go down

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 29 Empty Re: [Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

Post by StoneSlinger88 Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:02 pm

Not really, I just jumped and hoped the shutter speed was fast.
StoneSlinger88
StoneSlinger88
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 47

Character List:
Name: Judge
Sex: Male
Species: Earth Pony

Back to top Go down

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 29 Empty Re: [Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

Post by Frost Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:04 pm

You never told me you were black.
Frost
Frost
Crazed Gun-Toting 'Murican

Brohoof! : 503

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:13 pm

So some kids are outside playing with firecrackers and other sparkly-poppy shit. One of them threw a firecracker at my house, which exploded by my window, which is about a foot and a half from my head. I raise up real fast off the couch with a "WTF" expression and  I look out the window directly in front of me. The oldest one, who looked around 15, looked at me with an "Oh shit" expression.

RUN. Crazy

Ironmonger
Daemon Prince of Bad Puns

Brohoof! : 290

Character List:
Name: Cast Iron
Species: Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Admiral Stoic Rum Wed Jul 03, 2013 11:52 pm

Harmony Ltd. wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fUovke8f72k

oh the phallic references
Admiral Stoic Rum
Admiral Stoic Rum
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 83

Character List:
Name: Dr. Painkiller
Species: Pony

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Thu Jul 04, 2013 7:20 am

Well, Gurren Lagan is a Gainax anime, what else would you expect ?
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 543

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Thu Jul 04, 2013 8:11 am

I have the Evangelion opening theme stuck in my head.

It is a good feeling.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Thu Jul 04, 2013 12:18 pm

Just went back from seeing World War Z.

It was decent. The Deus Ex Machina plot resolution device wasn't too cringe-worthy, and it was foreshadowed a number of times during the course of the movie from the middle onward.

On the other hand, I felt that the 3D didn't add much, so if you can see it in 2D, save yourself the hassle (and the price).

Also, the fight scenes were... the best word to describe them is "confused". Shaky cam and closeups everywhere. I guess it's a good stylistic choice to carry the feeling of confusion the characters might feel, but if you get dizzy easily or are prone to seizures, that could be a problem...

All in all, it's a decent pop-corn movie : the emotional / human parts and the action parts balance each other pretty well and don't get into each other's ways, the pacing is good, and I didn't feel there was any preachy undertone, so that's good I'd say.

Not sure it's worth paying €10 to go see, though... But, heh, I could say that of pretty much any movies out there.

Now, to wait for Pacific Rim...
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Thu Jul 04, 2013 12:31 pm

Also, for a zombie movie I felt it was surprisingly easy to suspend disbelief, and I didn't catch anything that would have broke said suspensions of disbelief. At least the military was portrayed as competent, if overwhelmed.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Thu Jul 04, 2013 12:47 pm

That was a nice change of pace, yeah. 90% of zombie fiction portrays the military as utterly, ridiculously incompetent fuckwads--including the book the movie's 'based' on. 

I, too, will see Pacific Rim at some point, and at every opportunity will mention how dirty it sounds

The wife was annoying, though. While everyone else is running around, making themselves useful, she just sits around crying
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Thu Jul 04, 2013 1:01 pm

Not everyone is a survivor.

I have to say I internally cringed
this is a movie spoiler:
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Thu Jul 04, 2013 1:07 pm

Oh also :

still a movie spoiler:
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Thu Jul 04, 2013 1:11 pm

And one that will be in the mind of everyone who watched the movie :

nothing here but us spoilers:
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Thu Jul 04, 2013 1:20 pm

later in the movie:
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ketchup Thu Jul 04, 2013 1:21 pm

Mister Frost wrote:That was a nice change of pace, yeah. 90% of zombie fiction portrays the military as utterly, ridiculously incompetent fuckwads--including the book the movie's 'based' on. 
Ironically, only the US Army got that treatment in the book(until the re-org), really. The Indian Army, IDF, Bundeswehr, the Russian Ground Forces, and the PLA are actually shown to be at least semi-competent in their respective sections of the novel.
They did eventually win, after all.
Harmony Ltd. wrote:And one that will be in the mind of everyone that watched the movie :

nothing bu us spoilers here:
Spoiler:
Ketchup
Ketchup
The Condiment

Brohoof! : 114

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Thu Jul 04, 2013 1:31 pm

I refuse to go see World War Z.
It's not the book I know and love so dearly.
It's not even a fucking shell of it.
It's a good name used to try sell a crap movie, but I refuse to let it sully my beloved.
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Brohoof! : 121

Character List:
Name: Crimson Wings / Cherry Sundae
Sex: Male / Female
Species: Pegasus / Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Ketchup Thu Jul 04, 2013 1:33 pm

Kippershy wrote:I refuse to go see World War Z.
It's not the book I know and love so dearly.
It's not even a fucking shell of it.
It's a good name used to try sell a crap movie, but I refuse to let it sully my beloved.
I had really low expectations because of the differences, but I found it to be a genuinely good movie and a worthy adaptation.

As I've said before, not everyone will like it. And I'm sure many people don't.
Ketchup
Ketchup
The Condiment

Brohoof! : 114

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Thu Jul 04, 2013 1:37 pm

I, on the other hand, thought it was relatively good because it wasn't anything like the steaming pile of wankhole shit that was dry-humped onto paper and passed off as a book
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Thu Jul 04, 2013 1:58 pm

It was a good movie on its own.

@ Ketchup : lol at the idea of Iran having nuclear weapons.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Thu Jul 04, 2013 2:59 pm

Harmony Ltd. wrote:@ Ketchup : lol at the idea of Iran having nuclear weapons.
I mean, what, did Max Brooks also believe that Irak had weapons of mass destructions ?...
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Thu Jul 04, 2013 3:03 pm

Harmony Ltd. wrote:
Harmony Ltd. wrote:@ Ketchup : lol at the idea of Iran having nuclear weapons.
I mean, what, did Max Brooks also believe that Irak had weapons of mass destructions ?...

Iraq had the most dangerous kind--invisible ones. You'll never see them coming.  You'll never see them on surveillance photos. The only defense is to invade any country populated mostly by brown people
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Thu Jul 04, 2013 3:13 pm

The great lol is that Pakistan represent a far greater danger for the stability of the region and is a haven for islamist militants, but given it has more than half the population of the United States and is armed with nuclear weapons the US won't do anything. Even better when you consider that Pakistan is an Ally of the United States.

And after that people have the sheer gall to condemn any country trying to pursue a nuclear deterrent ? A crowd of hypocrites.

Even if I know that Iran does not in fact seek to acquire nuclear weapons, I say, good on them if they do manage to get their bombs. At least then the US will be forced to treat them decently or face the prospect of pissing-off a nuclear power fighting for its survival.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Thu Jul 04, 2013 3:24 pm

To be fair, though, it's not just the US that has itself all up in the Middle East's shit.
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Thu Jul 04, 2013 3:48 pm

Yeah. I just hope we're not going to end up actively involved into that Syrian clusterfuck.

Because this time I'm pretty sure France will join into that one, and it won't be pretty...

We are just getting out of Afghanistan and there's still a lot to do in Mali. If we were to go into Syria, with the level of involvement that would be needed to actually do something and not just guard refugee camps with UN-white painted armored transports... Well, let's just say that we're going to be seriously outstretching our limited resources if there isn't a whole lot more people than us in the coalition.

At least I'm also pretty sure that if we have to go into Syria, it's Turkey that's going to do most of the heavy lifting, boot-on-the-ground-ing and generally dying. First because they're the most concerned by that whole mess south of their borders ; second because of all the actors in the region, they have the intersection of military capabilities, geographical position and political interests in stabilizing Syria ; and third because it would be a good symbol for Turkey to show its return to relevance on the world stage to be leading the Syrian Reconstruction Efforts.

Though the problem for Turkey is that Russia is just north of their borders, and they are supporting al-Assad against the rebels...

Basically, the only thing guaranteeing that the Syrian mess stay more or less safely contained right now is Russia.

For once, we can be glad they play their role as assholes of play.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Thu Jul 04, 2013 3:54 pm

Of course, I have a more direct interest than most about where the US will be sending troops in the coming months
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Thu Jul 04, 2013 4:00 pm

I hear you on that one. Rainbow Dash 

" hey son, getting tired of the everyday moisture ? How about a prolonged trip in an arid area ? I'm sure you'll like it !

Well, to be perfectly honest, it's not as if you really have a choice... "
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Thu Jul 04, 2013 4:04 pm

Ironically, it's pouring down rain right now where I am
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Thu Jul 04, 2013 4:05 pm

Irony ? That was 100% intended. Tilt 
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Thu Jul 04, 2013 4:07 pm

Unironically, I hate you. 

In other news, my 18th is on Saturday, so anyone on the forum can PM for now-legal sexual favors, assuming you're into pale, hairy, somewhat chubby Ohioans
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Thu Jul 04, 2013 4:12 pm

Mister Frost wrote:Unironically, I hate you.
Let's be honest, now. You hate everyone.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Thu Jul 04, 2013 4:13 pm

Harmony Ltd. wrote:
Mister Frost wrote:Unironically, I hate you.
Let's be honest, now. You hate everyone.

Eh, not the Vikings. Everyone else, though
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 29 of 31 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30, 31  Next