Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

+17
IncoherentOrange
cb5
Darkbright39
Cptadder
Ketchup
StoneSlinger88
O. Hinds
Meleagridis
Moodyman90
Stringtheory
Ironmonger
Valikdu
Admiral Stoic Rum
Harmony Ltd.
Kippershy
RoboRed
Frost
21 posters

Page 3 of 31 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 17 ... 31  Next

Go down

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 3 Empty Re: [Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

Post by Frost Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:04 pm

If you don't like Boone, just give him the Gobi Campaign Rifle. Nothing says 'fuck you' like giving your pet sniper the rifle he killed his wife with
Frost
Frost
Crazed Gun-Toting 'Murican

Brohoof! : 503

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 3 Empty Re: [Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

Post by Guest Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:05 pm

Boone used that rifle? I just assumed he was using the hunting the rifle he had

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:11 pm

It was in the lockbox in the Sniper's Nest, which is very heavily implied to be the place Boone shot Carla from. The conclusion isn't hard to come to
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:13 pm

Huh, I always thought he shot Carla some where closer to Novac.

The sniper's nest I assumed belonged to some other NCR sniper

Back to top Go down

Post by Stringtheory Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:16 pm

Guarddogjr wrote:Huh, I always thought he shot Carla some where closer to Novac.

The sniper's nest I assumed belonged to some other NCR sniper
Hey! No NV spoilers, please, some of us haven't played it yet (stupid integrated graphics 'card'...), either put that stuff under spoiler tags or create a new thread, sorry to be a party-pooper
Stringtheory
Stringtheory
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 97

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:19 pm

Oops sorry, String.

NV stuff:

Back to top Go down

Post by Stringtheory Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:25 pm

Guarddogjr wrote:Oops sorry, String.

NV stuff:
Must resist clicking on spoiler...
Stringtheory
Stringtheory
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:41 pm

Guarddogjr wrote:Oops sorry, String.

NV stuff:

Spoiler:
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Meleagridis Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:43 pm

Mister Frost wrote:Anyone else ever go into the Lucky 38's presidential suite to find Gannon and Boone sleeping together?

No, but I've had Lilly watching people as they sleep. Everybody, one by one.

The only companion I really keep around is ED-E. When ED-E showed up on the teaser trailer forever ago, I jokingly said that I "want that eyebot as a companion." Lo and behold. Sometimes bring Veronica or Lilly along. But it's not like you found Veronica on a table and put her back together with spare parts.
Meleagridis
Meleagridis
Ursa Major

Brohoof! : 134

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:43 pm

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Wed Jun 12, 2013 12:01 am

swicked wrote:Nuclear industry news!

http://www.utsandiego.com/news/2013/jun/07/mitsubishi-disappointed-in-san-onofre-closure/

This is the height of insulting XD

For those of you who don’t know (which, I figure, is everyone) the nuclear plant at San Onofre California, both units (they have two), has permanently shut down.

The way a PWR (pressurized water reactor) nuclear plant works is that there are multiple loops of water. One loop goes through the core, getting heat (as well as getting radioactive), then goes through a steam generator. A second loop of water goes through the steam generator (picking up heat from the pressurized water via tubes and coils somewhat akin to those of an AC unit without, itself, becoming radioactive), turning into steam and driving steam turbines (there’s more to it than that, but I’m abbreviating). There's another loop after that to remove heat that is then dispersed via a cooling tower or similar construct, meaning any leak in the radioactive water system (and it would be a small leak as the system is extensively monitored) is still an entire loop away from ever reaching the public, making for a very effective barrier from any radiation ever being released to the public.

Basically, they contracted Mitsubishi to design and produce new steam generators for them to replace their old ones. New steam generators that were meant to be more efficient.

Mitsubishi effed up all their flow/vibration modeling and the reactors that should have lasted 20+ years lasted less than two before leaks were discovered in one and damaging rubbing and vibrations were observed in both (the tubes were rubbing against each other at high flow rates).

The plant shut down, came up with solutions, repaired the steam generators and was prepared to operate them at reduced power in order to alleviate the leaks and vibrations issues, but the NRC’s long, LONG process of evaluations and pressure from “environmentalist” groups doing their best to slow the process down even more resulted in the plant’s restart being delayed, and delayed, until it got to the point where, if it was allowed to start up, the plant’s license would run out before it’d be able to make up the amount of money being lost as a result of this fiasco, the insufferable delay, and the inevitable massive relicensing process and fee they’d have to engage in before much longer.

So yeah, they’ll likely replace the power with either gas or out of state power in order to survive through the summer. The company has assured, barring an unusually hot summer, there should be no brownouts experienced. Thousands of jobs lost. Additionally, the lack of any actual decommissioning procedure on the part of the NRC means that the plant will simply be “operating” with a greatly-reduced staff and security, becoming a massive liability as the NRC bleeds them as much as possible, all the while keeping up with the normal payments for the US’s nuclear disposal site that hasn’t even started the process of looking for potential sites, let alone really considered, since Obama put together a “Blue Ribbon Commission” to provide Congress with solutions to the problem years ago.

But no, Mitsubishi is “disappointed” with the decision to retire the plant. For shame, Southern California Edison. For shame.

Three nuclear plants have permanently shut down in the last year due to no longer being economically viable as a direct result of regulatory costs. The NRC is actually, finally killing the industry. How many government regulatory agencies actually put on enough pressure to kill an industry? Seriously, why is tobacco still around?

To be honest, I was kinda annoyed when I first read this story and started writing up this response but, like everything I find upsetting, I just find it really amusing now :P
Urgh. Hey, did you know that COAL POWER ACTUALLY RELEASES MORE RADIATION DURING NORMAL OPERATION THAN SEVERAL VARIETIES OF NUCLEAR PLANT FAULTS? THE SIMPSONS IS NOT A BLOODY NUCLEAR POWER TECHNOLOGY DOCUMENTARY. Honestly...
Oh, and Swicked, the above allcaps stuff isn't directed at you (which I assume you gathered, but I wanted to be sure). And, really, at least I don't actually work in the nuclear industry; I can only imagine how annoyed you must get.

stringtheory wrote:
Hey! No NV spoilers, please, some of us haven't played it yet (stupid integrated graphics 'card'...), either put that stuff under spoiler tags or create a new thread, sorry to be a party-pooper
Eh? I run NV on an Intel HD Graphics 3000. Admittedly, it doesn't run as well as I'd like, but I've already made quite a few playthroughs, including with mods. What particular issues are you having?
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Brohoof! : 383

Character List:
Name: Ris Haends Aeronauticus
Sex: Male
Species: Zebra

Back to top Go down

Post by Moodyman90 Wed Jun 12, 2013 12:10 am

Gonna leave this here because selfish self promotion and that I do want and need ya'lls help and suggestions.
Moodyman90
Moodyman90
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 163

Character List:
Name: Moody Blues/ Moodstone
Sex: Male/ Male
Species: Earth Pony/ Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Stringtheory Wed Jun 12, 2013 12:10 am

O. Hinds wrote:
stringtheory wrote:
Eh? I run NV on an Intel HD Graphics 3000. Admittedly, it doesn't run as well as I'd like, but I've already made quite a few playthroughs, including with mods. What particular issues are you having?
IIRC, it crashes after some period of time, and I always seem to lose motivation in open world games
Stringtheory
Stringtheory
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Wed Jun 12, 2013 1:08 am

stringtheory wrote:
O. Hinds wrote:
stringtheory wrote:
IIRC, it crashes after some period of time, and I always seem to lose motivation in open world games
Oh, yes. Crashes and crashes and crashes and crashes, though I'm not sure how much of that is my system and how much is just the game having "Bethesda" written on it. Sorry that you didn't get past that.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by StoneSlinger88 Wed Jun 12, 2013 5:56 am

Did you try installing NVSE and booting with FMM? That fixed many of the crashing problems I was coming across.
StoneSlinger88
StoneSlinger88
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 47

Character List:
Name: Judge
Species: Earth Pony

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Wed Jun 12, 2013 6:01 am

StoneSlinger88 wrote:Did you try installing NVSE and booting with FMM? That fixed many of the crashing problems I was coming across.
...Ugh, the forum's text editor has taken a turn for the ugly.  And less useful. Oh, wait, there's a "Switch Editor Mode" button. So just ugly, then.

Anyway, I've got NVSE but not FMM. I actually find NVSE to be less useful where stability's concerned, as it seems to fail to launch the game much more often than running through the launcher does.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Valikdu Wed Jun 12, 2013 6:32 am

Deus Ex: Human Revolution: Director's Cut will actually go to other paltforms than Wiiu, including PC.

I'm not sure what I'm supposed to shout now... ah, got it.

LOYALTY!!! Roid Rage
Valikdu
Valikdu
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 192

Character List:
Name: Ion Storm
Sex: Female
Species: First One

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Wed Jun 12, 2013 8:04 am

What content is that "Director's Cut" thing supposed to have ?
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 543

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Wed Jun 12, 2013 8:50 am

So, Greece...

Allegedly as measure of economy to meet the austerity goals set by the European Union, the Greek government has ordered for all the channels of the public television to be shut down yesterday. The screens went black in the whole country during the night (23h local time) yesterday as emitters were forcefully shut down by the police forces.

I have to say... I tip my hat to the Greek government for a masterful act of political communication. By undertaking such a symbolic act, in such a brutal manner, they have sent an electroshock in the whole of the European Union (the public opinion is in uproar in the whole Union, not just Greece), which if we are lucky will make the European political elites seriously reconsider this whole "austerity" bullshit.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Valikdu Wed Jun 12, 2013 10:19 am

Harmony Ltd. wrote:What content is that "Director's Cut" thing supposed to have ?

As far as I know:
-Boss encounters are all remade (now it's probably possible to beat them in other ways than just shooting at them)
-Missing Link is integrated in the main game
-Graphic enhancements
-Balance/bugfixes

Last edited by Valikdu on Wed Jun 12, 2013 1:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Valikdu
Valikdu
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Wed Jun 12, 2013 10:29 am

And I suppose people who already own the base game will have to pay full price again if they want it ?...
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Valikdu Wed Jun 12, 2013 1:27 pm

It's a mystery.
Although I'd probably pay to have these features.
Valikdu
Valikdu
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Wed Jun 12, 2013 2:00 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gvOvrTg3308

Ironmonger
Daemon Prince of Bad Puns

Brohoof! : 290

Character List:
Name: Cast Iron
Species: Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Valikdu Wed Jun 12, 2013 2:15 pm

Ironmonger wrote:

And it'll also have health packs and multiple carried guns.

I want this game.
Valikdu
Valikdu
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ketchup Wed Jun 12, 2013 2:24 pm

Ironmonger wrote:
This trailer makes me want to kill Nazis...
I think it's doing a good job.
Ketchup
Ketchup
The Condiment

Brohoof! : 114

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Wed Jun 12, 2013 2:26 pm

And now there'll be a good reason to have Robot-Zombie-Hitler. Crazy
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Wed Jun 12, 2013 2:40 pm

I gotta admit, even though I'm not much of a gamer anymore, Wolfenstein makes me want to pick up my Xbox controller once more. I just hope it has good multiplayer.

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Valikdu Wed Jun 12, 2013 2:46 pm

Ironmonger wrote:I gotta admit, even though I'm not much of a gamer anymore, Wolfenstein makes me want to pick up my Xbox controller once more. I just hope it has good multiplayer.
It won't have multiplayer.
Valikdu
Valikdu
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Wed Jun 12, 2013 2:51 pm

Valikdu wrote:
Ironmonger wrote:I gotta admit, even though I'm not much of a gamer anymore, Wolfenstein makes me want to pick up my Xbox controller once more. I just hope it has good multiplayer.

It won't have multiplayer.

Oh well.
[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 3 346150__safe_solo_trixie_reaction%2Bimage_unamused_artist-colon-theparagon

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Valikdu Wed Jun 12, 2013 3:36 pm

I don't get it.
What's the point of even expecting new FPS if you're just gonna play the multiplayer? Which would probably have the same DM/CTF/[insert mode here] as a hundred FPS before it, if they made it.

They're focusing on making a good story-driven campaign. That's a GOOD thing.
Valikdu
Valikdu
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 31 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 17 ... 31  Next