Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Xbox One, Halo, and other things Microsoft has announced.

+12
Ametros
Formis_Fluttergod
Harmony Ltd.
IncoherentOrange
Ketchup
Kippershy
XT Vengeance
Orm
StoneSlinger88
Frost
RoboRed
CamoBadger
16 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Xbox One, Halo, and other things Microsoft has announced. - Page 3 Empty Re: Xbox One, Halo, and other things Microsoft has announced.

Post by Ketchup Wed Jun 12, 2013 7:15 pm

Alright, while this isn't necessarily XBO related, it does concern future game releases.
I stumbled on this, and I don't know where this information comes from, but some of it seems legitimate.
There's 'Fallout' scheduled for 2015, scattered among other games, confirmed and unannounced.
Ketchup
Ketchup
The Condiment

Brohoof! : 114

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Xbox One, Halo, and other things Microsoft has announced. - Page 3 Empty Re: Xbox One, Halo, and other things Microsoft has announced.

Post by StoneSlinger88 Wed Jun 12, 2013 7:23 pm

2015? Awww. I have heard rumors that it's set around the Institute (MIT), so maybe I'll get to see my home state created.

So long as there's no fake Boston accents. Listening to someone imitate one is irritating.
StoneSlinger88
StoneSlinger88
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 47

Character List:
Name: Judge
Sex: Male
Species: Earth Pony

Back to top Go down

Post by Formis_Fluttergod Wed Jun 12, 2013 7:40 pm

Given the amount of titles that haven't been announced yet it seems a lot like a made-up list if you ask me.
Beyond Good & Evil 2 - No one is sure what exactly is happening with this one, let alone know the year of release.
Deus Ex: Human Revolution 2 - Same case, with the difference that no one has even mentioned anything about another Deus Ex: Human Revolution game. Square Enix trademarked "Deus Ex: Human Defiance", but that's about it.
Star Wars 1313 - This has been scrapped as far as we know (as much as shameful that is).
And so on...

It is entirely possible that Fallout 4 WILL come out in 2015, but anything in that list most likely a wild guess at best.
Formis_Fluttergod
Formis_Fluttergod
Ursa Major

Brohoof! : 71

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by StoneSlinger88 Wed Jun 12, 2013 8:05 pm

And no word on Half Life 3.
StoneSlinger88
StoneSlinger88
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 47

Character List:
Name: Judge
Species: Earth Pony

Back to top Go down

Post by Formis_Fluttergod Thu Jun 13, 2013 3:23 am

StoneSlinger88 wrote:And no word on Half Life 3.
Because no one has any idea what's going on with Half-Life 3. :D
Aside from the fact that Valve can't count to three, and that they're working on Source 2 which would indicate that they plan on releasing the new Half-Life game along with it as they did in the past.
Formis_Fluttergod
Formis_Fluttergod
Ursa Major

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Formis_Fluttergod Thu Jun 13, 2013 9:46 am

The Escapist - Xbox One and the Death of Ownership Spike
Formis_Fluttergod
Formis_Fluttergod
Ursa Major

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ketchup Sat Jun 15, 2013 6:18 pm

This article... I laughed more than I should have. The XBO is going to crash and burn... why not make it explode, too?
http://www.p4rgaming.com/microsoft-confirms-xbox-one-will-only-work-in-21-states-in-the-us-at-launch/
“The states that will not be able to use the Xbox One have been determined by Microsoft to not be prime locations to launch the system; therefore, they will not be supported at launch,”
...What?
Ketchup
Ketchup
The Condiment

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Sat Jun 15, 2013 6:46 pm

@ Ketchup :

You'd have to check, but I suspect that site is a parody-news site (Onion-style, but for vidja gaems).

On the other hand : http://www.theverge.com/2013/6/14/4429218/xbox-one-may-not-work-in-unsupported-countries
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 543

Back to top Go down

Post by IncoherentOrange Sat Jun 15, 2013 7:27 pm

Considering their other articles, yeah, looks like a parody site.
IncoherentOrange
IncoherentOrange
Ursa Major

Brohoof! : 22

Back to top Go down

Post by Ketchup Sat Jun 15, 2013 7:46 pm

Harmony Ltd. wrote:@ Ketchup :

You'd have to check, but I suspect that site is a parody-news site (Onion-style, but for vidja gaems).

On the other hand : http://www.theverge.com/2013/6/14/4429218/xbox-one-may-not-work-in-unsupported-countries                                                                     
Ah, My bad. Bro sent me it, but I should have checked before posting it. /:
Still, they do need to get things together.
Ketchup
Ketchup
The Condiment

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Formis_Fluttergod Sat Jun 15, 2013 9:15 pm

Given that 21 countries will be supported at launch in total (miserably small number, if you ask me), I'd say it's definitely a parody of the real thing with US representing the world and the 21 states representing the real 21 countries. It's easier to put Microsoft's idiocy in perspective with that. Though given that 21 countries in total represent about 1/10 of  the world's countries, unlike the 21 states of US which represent about 1/2 of USA, it even mitigates the issue.

Regardless, it's stupid and Microsoft should feel bad.
Formis_Fluttergod
Formis_Fluttergod
Ursa Major

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 19, 2013 7:14 pm

Article

So it looks Microsoft did go back a fix most of the major issues with the Xbox One. While they were being nice, there a couple subtle fuck you's in there. But still maybe now it actually has a chance.

Back to top Go down

Post by Orm Wed Jun 19, 2013 7:31 pm

Guarddogjr wrote:Article

So it looks Microsoft did go back a fix most of the major issues with the Xbox One. While they were being nice, there a couple subtle fuck you's in there. But still maybe now it actually has a chance.
CALLED IT!!
FUCKING CALLED!!!!
Orm
Orm
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 51

Character List:
Name: Searchlight
Species: Ghoul Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 19, 2013 7:33 pm

I figured they would, just thought it wouldn't happen until they got hit with bad sales.

Back to top Go down

Post by Formis_Fluttergod Thu Jun 20, 2013 4:18 am

Well, basically now there's no major difference between PS4 and Xbone in terms of limitations.
Everything Sony announced at E3, Microsoft changed. Guess that when so many people hate your console that you'd (almost) definitely lose to your competitor (and the competitor is all smug about it), you can't be a dick, have to man-up and do something. Spike
It'll still take time for Microsoft to regain their reputation (lol, as if there were anything good to regain in the first place Trollestia), but now the oncoming console war looks much more balanced, given that Sony still has the benefit of PS4 costing 100$ less.

I still wish we could've achieved something similar with the ending of Mass Effect 3, but no, Bioware was still rambling about their "artistic integrity" and whatnot, give me a break. Applejacks
Formis_Fluttergod
Formis_Fluttergod
Ursa Major

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Thu Jun 20, 2013 4:21 am

>Bioware
>artistic integrity

*rolls on the floor laughing*
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 543

Back to top Go down

Post by Formis_Fluttergod Thu Jun 20, 2013 6:13 pm

Harmony Ltd. wrote:>Bioware
>artistic integrity

*rolls on the floor laughing*
Don't get me wrong, in general that could be a valid argument, however, in this case the so called "artistic integrity" (even if it were a real reason and not just PR bullshit) directly conflicts with the the integrity of the narrative and narative coherence, which is, if you ask me, by far superior.

So much for the OT from me, back to console war.
Formis_Fluttergod
Formis_Fluttergod
Ursa Major

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 21, 2013 5:06 pm

Formis_God wrote:I still wish we could've achieved something similar with the ending of Mass Effect 3, but no, Bioware was still rambling about their "artistic integrity" and whatnot, give me a break. 

If I'm not mistaken there was change it may not have been ideal but it was without a doubt good change. 

Which is similar to this actually. You're still forced to have the kinect which is driving up the price and you're forced to have it connected all the time. 

Back to top Go down

Post by Formis_Fluttergod Fri Jun 21, 2013 6:45 pm

Last wrote:If I'm not mistaken there was a change. It may not have been ideal but it was without a doubt good.

Which is similar to this actually. You're still forced to have the kinect which is driving up the price and you're forced to have it connected all the time.
Kinnect driving up the price is the only remaining issue, having it connected all the time doesn't really concern me when you can turn it off (or put a book in front of it or something).

ME3 Extended Cut maybe fixed some minor plotholes (and created some new ones) and extended the current endings, but it was still the same bullshit, only now with sprinkles, no real change happened. Here Microsoft revoked nearly all their DRM bullshit, which would be equivalent to Bioware actually changing the endings.
Formis_Fluttergod
Formis_Fluttergod
Ursa Major

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 21, 2013 7:14 pm

Unplug it? If I'm not mistaken one of the current models of 360s has kinect draw the power from the console there's no doubt the one does the same. And it does require it to be connected. And the book doesn't stop the mic from listening to you. 

And my point with mass effect 3 was that it did change because of consumer outcry just like the one. And it was better for it I mean at least it doesn't end the same way with color swaps now.

Back to top Go down

Post by Moodyman90 Fri Jun 21, 2013 7:29 pm

Just to show how much I haven't even been keeping up with and paying attention to all this stuff. Okay, Kinect is mandatory, so that means it's built into the thing right?
Moodyman90
Moodyman90
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 163

Character List:
Name: Moody Blues/ Moodstone
Sex: Male/ Male
Species: Earth Pony/ Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 21, 2013 7:34 pm

No. It like the old ps2 vision camera. Or I think it is anyway. Ive never owned one, or a kinect for that matter. 

Motion controls just aren't for me.

Back to top Go down

Post by Formis_Fluttergod Fri Jun 21, 2013 9:03 pm

Last wrote:Unplug it? If I'm not mistaken one of the current models of 360s has kinect draw the power from the console there's no doubt the one does the same. And it does require it to be connected. And the book doesn't stop the mic from listening to you. 

And my point with mass effect 3 was that it did change because of consumer outcry just like the one. And it was better for it I mean at least it doesn't end the same way with color swaps now.
What I meant was that you don't have to have Kinnect online 24 hours a day like it was supposed to be, you can turn it off (when not using the console at the very least). No one said anything about unplugging, having Kinnect connected to the console still stands.

And you're right, it's color swaps with additional epilogue sequences. Like I said, same bullshit but with sprinkles on top. The extent of the changes by far wasn't equivalent to the amount of negative feedback from fans.
With the Xbone the changes are much more appropriate given the feedback.
However, it wasn't as much due to the negative feedback itself as it most likely was simply because Microsoft didn't have a choice. Negative feedback or not, fans were leaving Xbone in herds in the direction of PS4 and Microsoft would lose the console war before it even started, so they were forced to do this. In case of ME3, there was no competition for EA/Bioware to worry about, only potential future sales and we all saw how much of an effect the negative feedback alone had. Frankly, it was very disappointing. Without Sony in the game the changes to the Xbone DRM features would never have happened, not to this extent at least.
Formis_Fluttergod
Formis_Fluttergod
Ursa Major

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 21, 2013 9:18 pm

So you're saying further changes to ME3 is a sound business decision?

Just so you know I'm not saying ME3's ending is now good, What I was saying is it's better now then it was before.  

And I apologize about the unPlugging remark. I could've have sworn you said something.

Back to top Go down

Post by Formis_Fluttergod Fri Jun 21, 2013 9:43 pm

Last wrote:So you're saying further changes to ME3 is a sound business decision?

Just so you know I'm not saying ME3's ending is now good, What I was saying is it's better now then it was before.  

And I apologize about the unPlugging remark. I could've have sworn you said something.
Currently further changing ME3 ending would not be a sound business decision as most fans have moved on, there's too late for that. A sound business decision would have been making a good ME3 in its entirety in the first place, which I'm sure is in great part fault of EA and their tight deadlines forcing Bioware to come up with something real quick and "lots of speculations from everyone". Or simply admitting that something had gone wrong during the development, because one does not simply apply the rule of not being able to please everyone here. When majority of the fans that for the most part loved the series suddenly hates the ending of it, I think the problem lies not with them, because they liked what the series was offering them so far, so why suddenly hate it?

And I know you're not saying that the ending was super much better after the change, I'm just trying to point out how little the change was, given the amount of negative feedback, than it was in the Xbone case. I'm sure that we haven't heard the last of Microsoft and that they're gonna show their DRM teeth again in the near future, but the initial effect was much greater than with ME3.

Also, no need to apologize, you can't take me too seriously. Even when I do mean something seriously the atmosphere of my posts is still usually eqivalent to Spike

Now, time for video.
Xbone video and stuff:
Formis_Fluttergod
Formis_Fluttergod
Ursa Major

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3