Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fallout Equestria: Broken Bonds.

+9
IncoherentOrange
Regolit
Katarn
Aonee
Ketchup
SubjectSigma
Meleagridis
CamoBadger
Kippershy
13 posters

Page 8 of 14 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 14  Next

Go down

Fallout Equestria: Broken Bonds. - Page 8 Empty Re: Fallout Equestria: Broken Bonds.

Post by Ketchup Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:02 pm

I'll read it tomorrow if all goes according to plan, and give an as-read. I've got an exam tomorrow and I want to be well rested to avoid careless mistakes.
Ketchup
Ketchup
The Condiment

Brohoof! : 114

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Fallout Equestria: Broken Bonds. - Page 8 Empty Re: Fallout Equestria: Broken Bonds.

Post by CamoBadger Tue Jan 22, 2013 1:25 am

Okay.

Here. We. GO!

Chapter 18:

Sorry it's a little short, but I didn't have much to say except for some big points I felt the need to hit. Even if most of it is pointing out my rage at Crimson's actions. It's nothing against your story, I still think it's amazing, I just don't like him that much right now.
CamoBadger
CamoBadger
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 588

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:59 am

I'm really sorry for writing Crimson in a way you dislike as of late. That wasn't my intention at all though I do understand where you're coming from and I'm glad you're still enjoying the story as a whole despite that.

Spoiler:

I'm really glad you enjoy the story though and still think it's great. To hear that really does make me smile a lot, because of how little I think about my writing ability thanks to always reading Project Horizons and being unable to stop comparing myself to that.

I'm also really glad that the break from action feels natural and well deserved. I'm also beyond pleased that I set the stage well, this is a major part in my story, just like the last chapter was. Setting the stage for it is therefore very important. So yeah, thank you again.

Again, sorry for Crimson being rage inducing. hah. I really didn't mean for him to be that bad, I was going for the "CRIMSON GONNA BE PISSED" rather than "CRIMSON GONNA BE STUPID" feel.
I had also been meaning to throw more anger from Crimson into the chapter, in my original plan he yells at just about everyone over it all.
However, what I plan and what I write often varies quite a bit.

Crimson can definitely be a dick at times, and self centres, though you'd have to expect a tiny little bit of those given the upbringing he's had of being someone really important his entire life. He hasn't got the same modesty of an everyman, though he's not an utter cunt like he could've grown up to be, at least.

Hopefully he can redeem himself for you in later chapters and make the story even more exciting to read.
Again, thank you for reading. It means a lot to me that you do and I'm sorry that you had to wait for so long for both the chapter and my response to your post, I went to respond last night but fell asleep before I could make it.
Can't blame me for that though, it was something like 4am, lol.
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Brohoof! : 121

Character List:
Name: Crimson Wings / Cherry Sundae
Sex: Male / Female
Species: Pegasus / Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by CamoBadger Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:08 pm

Don't worry about it man, if that's how his character is, that's how he is. I can't like every character, and I still do like a lot about him, it's mostly just some of his decisions and things he's done that I don't like. I still absolutely love the story despite him. So if you ever worry that I'm mad about his character and that's somehow your fault, don't. Crimson will be Crimson, and if that angers me sometimes then oh well. I've loved a lot of what he's done throughout the story, and I'm sure as it continues I'll find more points where I give him all of my approval.

And I completely understand the 'CRIMSON GONNA BE PISSED' because honestly I would be too if someone I cared for was put in the same situation as Cherry. I just don't like how he's treating others because of it. And that makes sense for his self-centeredness, because he's always been treated as someone important because of his future position.

And don't worry about the long wait between chapters, I take forever to do mine as well, so I couldn't get upset about that without being hypocritical. It just makes it so that when a new chapter does arrive, I get extremely excited and will drop pretty much everything to read it.
And yeah, don't worry about the long wait to reply either, I went to bed like 10 minutes after I posted, and you are fully allowed to sleep after writing so late.

Again, keep up the amazing work man!
CamoBadger
CamoBadger
Royal Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Ketchup Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:54 pm

As promised, here ya go.
Spoiler:
Not bad, more mistakes than usual though generally enjoyable.
Ketchup
Ketchup
The Condiment

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:16 pm

I think either my tiredness was the killer, or just as likely, my keyboard is crapping out on me.
I was constantly noticing double spaces somehow appearing into the writing and removing them whenever I noticed, though thanks for picking up on t he whole wealth of other mistakes.

I wrote about 9k of that straight up in one go, so I'm going to take a guess as that not being very helpful to the matter either.

/seriously needs more patience and a pre-reader

I know you say it was generally enjoyable, but I hope it was.
and yes, Limoncello = Cherry's sister.
Cherry is in Alpha and Treetop is her codename.
Freight Train is Alpha team's leader.
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:00 pm

I just got surprise art that I hadn't expected at all... and holy fuck, he doesn't know it, but he got the pair of them spot on.

Fallout Equestria: Broken Bonds. - Page 8 A_gift_for_kippershy__1_by_thatseven-d5slo6z

Fallout Equestria: Broken Bonds. - Page 8 A_gift_for_kippershy__2_by_thatseven-d5slods
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by CamoBadger Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:02 pm

Kippershy wrote:I just got surprise art that I hadn't expected at all... and holy fuck, he doesn't know it, but he got the pair of them spot on.

[img=http://th00.deviantart.net/fs71/PRE/f/2013/024/9/5/a_gift_for_kippershy__1_by_thatseven-d5slo6z.png]

[img=http://th05.deviantart.net/fs71/PRE/f/2013/024/7/9/a_gift_for_kippershy__2_by_thatseven-d5slods.png]
Those are great! And very VERY fitting for the last chapter...
CamoBadger
CamoBadger
Royal Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:24 pm

Yeah, it almost scares me how well it fits because he's only read the prologue and half of chapter 1 so far.
I haven't even told him about the latest chapter, so it's like... damn.

That is exactly his response xD and if she had no contact from him or her crew, she'd only be able to hang on so long herself. Even with training, you've gotta have hope for a rescue.
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Sun Feb 10, 2013 5:36 pm

Ahhhh, it feels good to finally be back to writing.
4.5k done in a session, which I hadn't expected to get anywhere near that much done tonight.

Glad I did. It's totally made this chapter a little more exciting and padded it out somewhat, no doubt about that.

I just hope I've written this part decently... I'll definitely go back on it tomorrow and add some more pain to even things out, I think.
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Sun Feb 17, 2013 4:44 pm

It seems I have reached the highest levels of absolute retard loser.
It's very possible this is some kind of side effect of tiredness, pain exhaustion and all the painkillers I've taken in the last 30 hours or so (around 4,800mg of Ibuprofen based tablets - that's 24 tablets when they state that you shouldn't have more than 6 in 24 hours).

However, with the absence of Crimson being able to hold Cherry and then deciding to listen to this song:

...my heart weeps. I want them to be together again. I feel sad because they aren't. I want to write them being happy together, holding one another and whispering quiet musings of their affection.
I want his hoof to gently brush against her chest, the nuzzling and breathing in eachothers scent.

I want them to hold one another again.

God, why did I write their relationship in place of a real one for myself?
I decided I'd use them as a way to express my fondness for my at the time, very close friend - and then it became a way to heal and then, their own relationship and everything I wish I could be and have.

Why!? WHAIIII!?!? Now my heart falls asunder at the thought of them being apart, knowing there's more waiting before they can be reunited.
/whines/

I'll just go to sleep and imagine them being together as I do.

(Yes, this is me using Cloudsville as a place to "vent" my momentary loneliness after OD'ing on pain meds)
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by CamoBadger Sun Feb 17, 2013 4:48 pm

Kipper... you okay man?
CamoBadger
CamoBadger
Royal Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Sun Feb 17, 2013 5:04 pm

Probably not, but I'll be fine all the same.
It's tempting to go for the full 5,000mg before hitting the sack tonight but I guess that 5,000mg is a little too much in such a short time.

The reason for all this painkiller is that I've fucked my back up again, but not like last time.
This time I've fucked it up to the point where I couldn't stand nor walk, I couldn't even hunchback. I had to remain seated when it hit me originally because getting up was a damn bad idea.

The next day at 3am (yesterday) it was so bad I was groaning in agony through doing nothing. Attempting to move in the slightest caused more agony and when I eventually managed to get up and walk to the toilet an hour later, I fell to the floor and almost threw up from the pain alone. (which I always thought was just an expression... nope. It really happens.)

Anyway, found out that I've got meds I forgot about and I've been taking them religiously every so often.

Still in pain, though. I always get funny like this when I'm on so much painkiller.
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by CamoBadger Sun Feb 17, 2013 5:19 pm

Um, in my medical opinion, you should try to get something stronger than Ibuprofen for that, especially since it isn't working. If you don't stop taking the Ibu, at the rate you're going your liver is at risk of suddenly failing, and that's not good.

Get someone to take you to the hospital or something if you have to, just stop taking all those pills. Like now.
CamoBadger
CamoBadger
Royal Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Sun Feb 17, 2013 5:25 pm

I'll be fine. I'm not taking any more for tonight but me and my liver are best of bro's, he can handle it.
I don't normally throw him any crap to handle so this can't be any worse than having a heavy drinking session.

Besides, I'll slow down the consumption but the meds are working enough to keep me walking around and working, so that's fine for me.
If I get tot he point where I was at yesterday again, I'll definitely be going down the doctors / hospital though.

But yeah, you're right. You're an army medic aren't you?

Besides, a guy my size is allowed to ignore the RDA because fuck gravity.
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by CamoBadger Sun Feb 17, 2013 5:28 pm

Yes, I am a medic.

And no, a guy your size can't do that. It's a lot different than drinking, because Ibu effects your entire body. It goes through your liver, your kidneys (which could also shutdown from an Ibu OD), and it effects your lungs.

I know you feel better, but it's going to do a hell of a lot more damage than good for you.
CamoBadger
CamoBadger
Royal Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Mon Feb 18, 2013 1:17 am

So, wake up today feeling fine - my back doesn't hurt at all.
I won't take any more meds unless it becomes necessary and I can't walk again, promise!

Also

So, I just managed to have this done by request when a very generous artist said they were happy to do things like this.

It’s Sandstorm! With his blanket from the first time we meet him! I absolutely adore it and can’t be thankful enough for it. If you want to know who drew it, see here!

http://blazang.tumblr.com/

Fallout Equestria: Broken Bonds. - Page 8 Tumblr_inline_mieh2ynbTR1qz4rgp
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by CamoBadger Mon Feb 18, 2013 1:18 am

EEEEE! Rainbow
CamoBadger
CamoBadger
Royal Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Ketchup Mon Feb 18, 2013 1:20 am

Indeed. Hnnng.
Ketchup
Ketchup
The Condiment

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Mon Feb 18, 2013 1:01 pm

Post for any edits I find that need doing:

Spoiler:

edit: whoa, wrong thread, lol just noticed while on my mobie. I'll have to repost this into the ph thread later.

Last edited by Kippershy on Wed Feb 20, 2013 6:49 am; edited 2 times in total
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Tue Feb 19, 2013 2:44 pm

Guys, I know I'm being a gigantic >candy-ass right now, but can anyone spare a moment to throw some inspiring comments to get my motivation back on track, please?
I feel.. eugh. I just haven't even bothered to even try write today because laziness.
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by CamoBadger Tue Feb 19, 2013 2:49 pm

*clears throat*

Your story is awesome and you should feel awesome.

CherryxCrimson is an amazing romance that needs more love from readers.

Sandy and Chance are freakin' adorable and I can't wait to see them again.

Eos is the greatest alicorn character in FoE and I want nothing more than to see her happy.

I've got a ton of these little praises.
CamoBadger
CamoBadger
Royal Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Tue Feb 19, 2013 2:52 pm

<3

I feel bad now for having asked, but because I've got stupidly low confidence about my writing and because I'm shy as it is with the strange ability to fake confidence, along with the leftovers of being depressed for seven years straight...
Well, having self worth has never been something I've been good at, especially when I was a young kid. So yeah, this means a lot to me - thank you.

Also, you serious with the Eos bit?
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by CamoBadger Tue Feb 19, 2013 3:00 pm

Absolutely. Lacunae is good and all, but honestly I kinda got tired of her only being a pit of despair and horrible memories.

Eos is awesome because she has those bad parts of her, but she's got that light side too. She wants so badly to be cared for and to care for someone else, just to feel normal and not like the monster she was seen as (and still is by some) during their time in the Unity. It's believable to me, and I love that in a character. Maybe it's because everyone can relate to it in some way, that desire to be loved and to love somebody.
CamoBadger
CamoBadger
Royal Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Tue Feb 19, 2013 3:10 pm

I'm... absolutely shocked. Wow.
Seriously, there's a huge fuckin' smile on my face right now 'cos of you saying that.
I never really think about these things, I just write them because they seem normal like a real person would be feeling.
It's... just... normal to me.

I don't really know how to explain what I mean, though I think the best way is to say that because writing her (and the others) is just my genuine thoughts of how someone would actually be, I don't consider it to be special or good in any way.
It just is.

So yeah, seriously, that's a MASSIVE confidence boost to hear you think she's the best alicorn. I honestly can't believe you'd feel that way but I'm beyond honoured.
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by CamoBadger Tue Feb 19, 2013 3:15 pm

Well, you deserve it man. Broken Bonds is amazing, and has some of my favorite characters from all of the FoE universe. It deserves a lot more love than it's been getting.
CamoBadger
CamoBadger
Royal Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Tue Feb 19, 2013 3:42 pm

CamoBadger wrote:It deserves a lot more love than it's been getting.

*hides in shame*
Frost
Frost
Crazed Gun-Toting 'Murican

Brohoof! : 503

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Tue Feb 19, 2013 3:50 pm

Hahaha, Frost, it really doesn't need to make you feel bad.
Like I've said a few times, you'll probably enjoy the rewrites a lot more than the original once I get them done anyway.

(and I plan to get them done after getting this chapter released, once I write the final 4k)

So whenever you want to do it, whenever you've been able to kill the squirrels.
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Tue Feb 19, 2013 3:52 pm

*perks ears, wags tail*

Yeah! Fuck them squirrels!
Frost
Frost
Crazed Gun-Toting 'Murican

Brohoof! : 503

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Wed Feb 20, 2013 5:38 pm

So, just got news back from Kkat herself... she's completely happy for me to do something that I'm planning!

I am so damn happy to hear that, because even though it's not a major plot piece or anything, it's still a nice gesture of her to allow me to do that.

*Dances a little*
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 14 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 14  Next