Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FiMFiction February Write Off!

Go down

FiMFiction February Write Off! Empty FiMFiction February Write Off!

Post by CamoBadger Sun Feb 12, 2012 8:12 pm

For those that don't already know, FiMFiction is having a write off this month, a FanFic competition with cash prizes for the top 3 stories.

You basically have to write a story which is between 3000 and 10000 words, and which follows one of the prompts which have been given.
The prompt was just announced this morning, and their are three options:

A fire breaks out in the Everfree forest.

Mysterious creatures are attacking Ponyville.

The mane six go on a vacation.

You can select any of the three, and write your story. As I said, top 3 stories win a cash prize, which can be given through paypal or given to a charity of your choosing.
First place is $100, second is $75, and third is $50.

For anyone that is interested, here is the official competition page: http://www.fimfiction.net/index.php?view=feb_write_off

Keep in mind that your story will be listed anonymously, and that copying links will be disabled, so sharing your story in an attempt to get more votes from friends is not an option here. This is just to keep it fair, and so that better known authors do not have an advantage over less known ones.

If you plan to submit a story, better get started! You only have 1 week from today to submit it (February 20), after which the stories will be listed and voting will begin!

So good luck to anyone that chooses to enter, and have fun!!! Twilight Sparkle
CamoBadger
CamoBadger
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 588

Back to top Go down

FiMFiction February Write Off! Empty Re: FiMFiction February Write Off!

Post by CamoBadger Sat Feb 18, 2012 3:22 am

Quick update for anyone competing, as of right now (see exact time at top of post), you now have only 1 day and 16 hours to complete and submit your story!

Just thought I'd give a fair warning in case you are competing and not keeping track of this.

Also, if you're writing like I am, you are now starting to worry that you might go over the length limit. Just remember to keep it under 10,000 words or it will not be accepted.

And now, I run off to try finishing mine Twilight crazy
CamoBadger
CamoBadger
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 588

Back to top Go down