Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

+17
Tytan
Harmony Ltd.
Frost
Epsilon
Kattlarv
Downloaded Skill
Valikdu
Bootleg
Twilightwolf4
Ketchup
Icy Shake
O. Hinds
Ironmonger
iLateralGX
StoneSlinger88
Whiskey Rebellion
Vinylshadow
21 posters

Page 30 of 31 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31  Next

Go down

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 30 Empty Re: [Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

Post by Harmony Ltd. Wed Feb 11, 2015 11:49 am

@Swicked: I think "nut" in this context refers to the male (penile) orgasm, regardless of how it was achieved. So this could still be seen as "straight" depending on the context.

@String: Weeeell, I'm not usually one to refuse gifts... Good thing I put it on my wishlist, then. Spike

Though I'm not sure I'd actually have time to download + play it. At least not until either / or the next vacations / the end of my formation in a few months.

Your call.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 543

Back to top Go down

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 30 Empty Re: [Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

Post by Stringtheory Wed Feb 11, 2015 1:17 pm

Harmony Ltd. wrote:@String: Weeeell, I'm not usually one to refuse gifts... Good thing I put it on my wishlist, then. Spike

Though I'm not sure I'd actually have time to download + play it. At least not until either / or the next vacations / the end of my formation in a few months.

Your call.
If you're not able to play it now then I'll wait until it's cheaper to get it for you.
Stringtheory
Stringtheory
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 97

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Wed Feb 11, 2015 1:28 pm

Acknowledged.

Be sure I'll let y'all know when my training is over, anyway.

I'll probably be dancing on roofs or some shit line that.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Wed Feb 11, 2015 2:26 pm

I just had an idea:

"Fifty Shades of Gay": a collection of erotic shorts on men who love men, women who love women, and their many lifestyles
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Wed Feb 11, 2015 3:44 pm

Actually, thinking about it, I think it'd be even better if not all stories were erotic.

Because, you know, asexuals are a thing that exist.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Wed Feb 11, 2015 3:47 pm

Actually actually, just scratch that title, a collection of shorts about LGBTQwhatever couples / Very Good Friends would be a better interesting idea.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Scienza Wed Feb 11, 2015 3:48 pm

That is eighty percent better than my pun story concept, which was the tale of a Russian president who was secretly a carton of fries covered in gravy and cheese curds.

Vladimir Poutine.
Scienza
Scienza
Shipmistress

Brohoof! : 248

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

https://plus.google.com/u/0/+DkutlaOsterhagen

Back to top Go down

Post by Stringtheory Wed Feb 11, 2015 3:50 pm

@Harm/anyone who might be interested in E.Y.E., I recently found this 'What I played, What I expected, What I got' image and I have to say it's incredibly accurate:
What I played, What I expected, What I got:
Stringtheory
Stringtheory
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Wed Feb 11, 2015 4:01 pm

@String : are you perchance trying to 'hype' me for that game? Because I do like myself confusing stories (I'm one of those people who like Neon Genesis Evangelion and Serial Experiment Lain).

@Sci: just think of all the lesbians! Think about them!

BTW, this reminds me I should continue watching Sakura Trick...

On that subject, I heard that Persona 3 and 4 are respectively "Lesbians: The Game" and "Lesbians 2: The Lesbianing". Can anyone confirm or deny?
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Stringtheory Wed Feb 11, 2015 4:06 pm

Harmony Ltd. wrote:@String : are you perchance trying to 'hype' me for that game? Because I do like myself confusing stories (I'm one of those people who like Neon Genesis Evangelion and Serial Experiment Lain).
Not particularly, I just found that picture to be incredibly funny and accurate from what little of the game I've played so far. I'm not sure if it's the story itself which is confusing or just the Google Translate quality level of the english translation, probably both though.

@Frost, just found this:
Metal euphemisms for sex:
Stringtheory
Stringtheory
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Epsilon Wed Feb 11, 2015 4:30 pm

On an unrelated note:

My Little Pony Season 5 Trailer:
Epsilon
Epsilon
Stallion/Mare

Brohoof! : 5

Back to top Go down

Post by Tytan Wed Feb 11, 2015 4:35 pm

Epsilon wrote:On an unrelated note:

*Snip*

You gotta respect them using those sorts of Pleasantville Stepford Wives motifs as themes for what is supposed to be a childrens tv show.

Five bucks says changelings make a comeback.

And if they don't they're gonna be in my thing I might be writing.

Edit:
Also, I need to see this.:
Tytan
Tytan
The Great Bait Hunter

Brohoof! : 429

Character List:
Name: Clock / Viktor
Sex: Female / Male
Species: Unicorn / Sand Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Wed Feb 11, 2015 5:04 pm

Scienza wrote:That is eighty percent better than my pun story concept, which was the tale of a Russian president who was secretly a carton of fries covered in gravy and cheese curds.

Vladimir Poutine.
Or my idea for a non-fiction book, Self-help through horse archery and brutal conquest: You Khan do it.
Frost
Frost
Crazed Gun-Toting 'Murican

Brohoof! : 503

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Wed Feb 11, 2015 5:09 pm

Tytan wrote:
Also, I need to see this.:
That does look immensely interesting, yes. A film that doesn't portray the genetically engineered remorseless killer working for the shadowy for-hire murder corporation as the unequivocal good-guy is already a step up from the previous film.
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 11, 2015 5:48 pm

@Hitman
While I admit that trailer accurately portrays how I played the games, I do hope they put in more stuff with the stealth, sabotage, and planning.

Back to top Go down

Post by Valikdu Wed Feb 11, 2015 7:13 pm

I've gotten around to finishing Nikita (2010-13). Well, more like forced myself to do it out of a misplaced sense of obligation. I liked La Femme Nikita.

The new one has great reviews everywhere. I just can't imagine why everyone seems to love it so much. Did the standards everywhere drop drastically?

The characters? I just ceased having any positive reaction to them somewhere along the line. Most personalities on display are totally flat (and they don't become any less flat, no matter how many times Maggie Q's sexy form is shown off). There's no hidden depths to any of them, you could describe any of them in completeness in two sentences. Alex somehow became a real irritant, Nikita has a mostly neutral reaction, and the guys are just one-note bricks.
The stories? I remeber that there have been very few moments when anything unexpected happened. The rare exceptions were those things I like to call "hey, there was actually a clever plan all along"-twists, mostly used in season finales; although not every time.
LFN may have had only two gun props and bad sound effects, but it was miles above the new series.
Valikdu
Valikdu
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 192

Character List:
Name: Ion Storm
Sex: Female
Species: First One

Back to top Go down

Post by Scienza Wed Feb 11, 2015 8:38 pm

This is hilarious and saddening on so many levels.
Scienza
Scienza
Shipmistress

Brohoof! : 248

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

https://plus.google.com/u/0/+DkutlaOsterhagen

Back to top Go down

Post by Tytan Wed Feb 11, 2015 9:10 pm

Scienza wrote:This is hilarious and saddening on so many levels.
Where was that shit for Magic Mike?
Tytan
Tytan
The Great Bait Hunter

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Wed Feb 11, 2015 9:47 pm

Tytan wrote:
Where was that shit for Magic Mike?
Or Saw?
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Wed Feb 11, 2015 11:48 pm

Ladies and gentlemen, I now have the equipment I need to start working on my channel. The Ironworks should be operational by the end of the month.

Ironmonger
Daemon Prince of Bad Puns

Brohoof! : 290

Character List:
Name: Cast Iron
Sex: Male
Species: Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Tytan Wed Feb 11, 2015 11:55 pm

Congrats.

If you need any lackeys for multiplayer games I'm sure I can find room in my busy schedule.
Tytan
Tytan
The Great Bait Hunter

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 11, 2015 11:56 pm

@Iron
Highfive, dude! I'd be happy to be the noob idiot on the comms everyone hates on in the comments section if you do some multiplayer recordings. :P Drop us a link once you're up and running?

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Thu Feb 12, 2015 12:08 am

@Tytan

Thanks. Whatever works best for you.

@OAC

Thanks, and I'll definitely drop a link when the light is green. I'll probably do some console games first; I've got a lot of old PS1, PS2, Xbox, and Xbox 360 games I'd like to film. I also plan on recording NES, SNES, Nintendo 64, and Gamecube games in the future.

Ironmonger
Daemon Prince of Bad Puns

Brohoof! : 290

Character List:
Name: Cast Iron
Sex: Male
Species: Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Tytan Thu Feb 12, 2015 12:11 am

Make sure you stick to a theme. People like consistency. Be it only playing games you like, games nobody likes and viciously make fun of, or whatever.
Tytan
Tytan
The Great Bait Hunter

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Thu Feb 12, 2015 12:12 am

I can lend my high-pitched, nasaly fuckboi voice to these proceedings, as well
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Thu Feb 12, 2015 12:23 am

I might pop in one of these days.
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 717

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Tytan Thu Feb 12, 2015 12:27 am

To elaborate on my point, the likes of Markiplier and Pewdiepie and tons of other youtubers play games that are popular at the moment. They also have facecams because people like to watch them over react.

Then there's the Super best friends Zaibatsu. They play games they're nostalgic about, are well designed, are poorly designed, or are about things that make them excited (like wrestling and dinosaurs).
Tytan
Tytan
The Great Bait Hunter

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 12, 2015 2:03 am

Satire piece? It's just that I find the idea that any theatre would attempt to hold up a standard of cleanliness to be a ludicrous one. I mean they mention shampooing the seats.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 12, 2015 4:47 am

@50 Shades of Gris
Some friends put on a live reading of a few choice chapters once. Alcohol was involved. Obviously the environment was structured towards a critical reception, but even so, it was... not what you'd call impressive. And the folks into BDSM have their criticisms of its depiction of that stuff (which mostly seem to be that it gets everything wrong that is possible to get wrong - I exaggerate, but not by much). But as you say, it's no worse than plenty of other stuff out there. Still, when there's unpublished fanfiction that does a better job of depicting a healthy BDSM relationship, and/or is more erotic, it's easy to understand people getting bothered by 50 Shades selling a bajillion copies and becoming a cultural icon for the requisite fifteen minutes. People are upset that Michael Bay movies keep making money, too. And yet, there is clearly a market for garbage. People buy shitty, overpriced audio equipment, and shitty, overproduced music. People watched the Grammies. People are satisfied with DC's television lineup having laughably bad writing more than half the time. I own an iPod, a junky laptop, and I read pretty mediocre fantasy. Everybody consumes stuff that (if there was such a thing as an objective viewpoint) is objectively trashy. So... I guess maybe we should go a little easy on the fans of garbage, if not the garbage itself, because we all browse the local dump's buffet section sometimes.

I hope we can dodge a movie sequel so the fervor doesn't return at some point in the near future. Prospects are not looking bright on that front.

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Thu Feb 12, 2015 4:58 am

The problem with FSoG, from what I hear, is that the relationship described is actually an abusive one, but isn't _portrayed_ as such. The criticism being that it further skews the already totally screwed up "norms" on what is "supposedly" healthy relationships but actually isn't.

Basically, people bitch about the book because it sets an unhealthy exemple on many level, and that might be dangerous for people IRL.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 30 of 31 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31  Next