Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

One thousand posts, lets Review

+4
Ketchup
RoboRed
Derpy Hooves
Cptadder
8 posters

Go down

One thousand posts, lets Review Empty One thousand posts, lets Review

Post by Cptadder Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:14 am

Excuse the egotism of a big round number getting it's own post but I figured it was justified as I wanted to look back at my time here. I joined back in June of 2012 after picking up Fallout Equestria on a friends recommendation from sd.net the other forum I frequent. After spending pretty much the month of March reading through the entire story on my downtown then reading all ten thousand and change comments I stopped. And I decided I should go watch the show this thing was based on. Fast forward one marathon stream session later I've added EQdaily to my regular sites I check every day and settled into the new fandom.

A week after that I was working my way through Pink Eyes and Heroes on recommendations from that same person. I've expressed my views on both stories before (here in fact) I mention it only for completeness. The completeness was because about the time I was complaining about the odd twist Pink Eye's takes I was pointed towards another little fanfic know as Project Horizons. Well it was May by this point time to read the thirty seven chapters of that should be a fun read.

Chapters one that starts interesting, two to five are a rehash of FoE with a tiny bit of interest here and there.... Then chapter six hits and I get generally interested. Reading two chapters a day I spend the half of April and the first part of May reading through only to hit infamous chapters like Walk the Hard Road, Hell of a Night and Birthday. Some might point towards Black as being a long dark chapter but after the long slow pony drama so soon after Choir it lost it's impact. For other Black was weeks after Choir. For me it was minutes after reading Black. When I finished Lucidity (Chapter 43) had not yet been finished. And I decided I don't know why to read the comments for Project Horizon as well... fast forward to June 3rd I register here in order to read the better read the comment here... all four thousand of them at the time (Oh those were the days). After reading 18,567 comments in two weeks I make my first post on page 9 of the third comment thread.

My first post
Old Post:

Since then we've added another 14,000 comments. Why mention this twice as my first post ever mentioned said comments? Simple because I have read all of them. Way back in May I set out to read all of the PH comments as I read the Fallout Equestria comments. Then as now it was so I could get all the speculation, all the interesting theories and reading some of the fascinating side conversations that went on.

But being just over half a year later I wanted to look back as I looked back on post 1. It's why I'm giving you all this background, to justify the shout outs I'm about to give. As I read those comments and contributed in the discussion I learned a few things. No earth shattering life lessons but I had a good time I was welcomed and those discussions I was reading about before I was participating in now. Some of the people here... well take one example when O.Hinds and I got into a discussion about Zebra airforce planes and over the course of two weeks I started arguing against them having an air force at all and against all of O.Hinds idea... fast forward a week and we both had switched positions as I argued for the possibility of an airforce as O.Hinds vehemetly but polity argued his own ideas were unworkable. Never once did we hit vitriol or rancor, just interesting and lively debate. And that's what I want to mention here in my thousand post, the many people on the forums in this last year and thousand posts.

This next section is for all of you... thanks you.

To Robo and Camo who help admin this forum I thank you for putting up with us bag of screwballs and nutjobs.
To the superadmins Derpy, Moonlight Sky and Tia thank you for never once editing any of my many racist and profanity filled tirades against the Danish.
To the PHCC Minecraft server, for getting me back into Minecraft and buildings.
To Kattlarv who posts just like I do in massive blocks of text and those always interesting spoiler blocks
To O.Hinds for constantly low balling your construction ideas
To Swicked for being my number 2 crazy theory disscussion buddy
To Harmony for those late night(For you) TS conversations
To Admiral Rum for those late night (For me) TS conversations plus Drunk Rum Sober Adder show is hilarious (Sadly the Sober Rum Drunk Adder show was cancelled)
To Stringtheory for running the Steam Group
To Sinidri who is the 4th man in the swicked/onemoreday/Silencarto/Cptadder crazy theory group
To SilentCarto who tags in during crazy theory discussion hour
To Wavemaster who made my avatar and posts Boo
To Caoimhe, I swear that article of yours will be released in 2020 at this rate
To Meleagridis, who produces the most interesting PH fanart
To Kippershy, he of the interesting insights fyi your back on for the PHCC server
To IncoherentOrange&IncoherentOrange, good work this year on the server your half the reason I kept it running
To Tylertoon2, Your the other reason I kept it running
To Necr0maNceR, I spent this evening typing this up, the spice must flow and the server will run... shortly
To Fuzzy I swear to Thor I'll get caught up on Murky. I'm cursed I tells you anytime I sit down to read my house catches on fire
To Erumpet, I swear I'll get right on it
To, OneMoreDaySK... you will get an avatar I vow it, I have not forgotten nor forgiven.
To Overlong Analysis Cobalt who seems to either completely agree with or totally disagree with me and no room for any in between
To Iron_Monger and Mister Frost or as I refer to them in my head Mr Crazy and Mr Angry
And the rest, Jeremyrush, Randomblank, Katarn, Noodlemind, Aoonee, Scruffy, MrMagma, Cannonfodder, ScytoHarmony, Downloaded Skill, Orm, Last, iLateralGX, XT Vengeance, CalamityWhen

To the PH Editing team for helping scrub the story and get it ready for prime time
And to Somber himself who wrote a fanfic of a fanfic and still managed to make it interesting to myself and others.
After all this time I know you don't take praise well or even like it, so imagine I said that above line in a very sarcastic tone of voice.

Goodnight and good luck
Cptadder
Cptadder
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 118

Back to top Go down

One thousand posts, lets Review Empty Re: One thousand posts, lets Review

Post by Derpy Hooves Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:45 am

You crazy fool and your being all weird.
Derpy Hooves
Derpy Hooves
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 31

Character List:
Name: Taters
Sex: Stallion
Species: Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Thu Jan 24, 2013 3:58 am

Hey, I'm one of those screwballs. Applebloom
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 717

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ketchup Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:18 am

Cptadder wrote:
To IncoherentOrange&IncoherentOrange, good work this year on the server your half the reason I kept it running
I'd like to assume that means me too. Sweetie Belle
Ketchup
Ketchup
The Condiment

Brohoof! : 114

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:23 am

headbutts the screen *gives a round of applause*

Ironmonger
Daemon Prince of Bad Puns

Brohoof! : 290

Character List:
Name: Cast Iron
Sex: Male
Species: Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Cptadder Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:08 am

Ketchup wrote:
Cptadder wrote:
-To ketchup for getting that joke

swicked wrote:From "special moment of hate" to "number 2 crazy"!
Me and my selective reading are moving up in the world! Sweetie Belle
You and somber have different avatars now. All is forgiven long ago.
Cptadder
Cptadder
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Ketchup Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:24 am

Cptadder wrote:
Ketchup wrote:
Cptadder wrote:
-To ketchup for getting that joke
I finally got one of your jokes. Wheee.
Ketchup
Ketchup
The Condiment

Brohoof! : 114

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by IncoherentOrange Thu Jan 24, 2013 3:35 pm

One thousand posts, lets Review 1351079581095
IncoherentOrange
IncoherentOrange
Ursa Major

Brohoof! : 22

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Thu Jan 24, 2013 4:14 pm

Cptadder wrote:To Harmony for those late night(For you) TS conversations
Gotta go back to the Server to finish my tower one day.

If only the lag wasn't so bad and my client didn't crash each time I try to come back and play...
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 543

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Thu Jan 24, 2013 5:29 pm

Jesus, thanks. I never expected to get back after my childish desire for destruction and lulz.
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Brohoof! : 121

Character List:
Name: Crimson Wings / Cherry Sundae
Sex: Male / Female
Species: Pegasus / Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Cptadder Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:35 pm

swicked wrote:
I had such an urge just now to go take Somber's avatar and give it a goatee or something before using it as my own... but given my artistic skill has never progressed beyond MS paint, I feel the result would be slightly TOO stupid to be worth even that.
You should have tracked down the original artist and got them to make you a "happy somber" avatar for maximum aggravation

swicked wrote:
In any case, I haven't been able to get on to your minecraft server in a while. I forget what the exact warning was, but last time I tried it said I was missing a program or something, I think...
Feed the Beast, the server is down as I try and sort out the pack issue. Our attempted upgrade turned into extended downtime.
Cptadder
Cptadder
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down