Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dream Thread

+16
Ketchup
IncoherentOrange
logmanxyz
Scootaloo
Thoix
Orm
XT Vengeance
Tia
Elipsilon
Spitfire
Moonlight
Derpy Hooves
Linguz
Apple Crumble
CamoBadger
Ferrous_Oxide
20 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Dream Thread Empty Dream Thread

Post by Ferrous_Oxide Sun Jan 08, 2012 8:57 pm

This is a thread about dreams, pony or otherwise. Any dreams you have that you wish to share can be posted here.
Ferrous_Oxide
Ferrous_Oxide
Unicorn

Brohoof! : 13

Character List:
Name: Ferrous
Sex: Male
Species: Earth Pony

http://ferrousoxidemolecule.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Dream Thread Empty Re: Dream Thread

Post by CamoBadger Sun Jan 08, 2012 11:34 pm

...last night I had a dream for the first time in a week conveniently...

It was a mix between Stargate SG1, ponies, and for some reason throwing things out windows....
CamoBadger
CamoBadger
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 588

Back to top Go down

Post by Apple Crumble Mon Jan 09, 2012 5:01 am

I yearn for the day that my dreams be filled with ponies Shy

Last night, I dreamt about buying a 11k speedo suit in a bookstore and being in Leornardo da Vinci's helicopter. DafaQ_Q.

Btw. Is anypony familiar with the term lucid dreaming?
Apple Crumble
Apple Crumble
Earth Pony

Brohoof! : 1

Character List:
Name: Apple Crumble
Species: Earth pony

Back to top Go down

Post by Linguz Mon Jan 09, 2012 5:06 am

I daydream. Do those count?

If not, I got nothing.

If they do, I have way too many to recount.
Linguz
Linguz
The Forged Steel

Brohoof! : 10

Character List:
Name: Nidal
Sex: Female
Species: Khajiit

Back to top Go down

Post by Derpy Hooves Mon Jan 09, 2012 5:49 am

DerpyWho wrote:I yearn for the day that my dreams be filled with ponies Shy

Btw. Is anypony familiar with the term lucid dreaming?

... Just wrote a 5 paragraph response to this and my iphone decided it was going to crash.... Fuck you iPhone...

Well I'll sum up, and rewrite what I wanted to say later on the computer.

Recently, I've dreamt a lot about ponies, but not necessarily good dreams.

Between march-September 2011, I had become a very seasoned Luid dreamer, though not on purpose(I will explain later)

And when I do finally explain my dream experiences later, the use of the word "dream" repeatedly and some of the language I use makes it seem like I am trying to make some philosophical points or be "deep" or something, I'm not, I believe dreams an all they are are natural scientific events and I just take them in stride, no magical/spiritual anylization intended (or scientific anylization for that matter) so when I do type all that up AGAIN, please note I am not trying I sound pretentious or "deep" or something.
Just a disclaimer of sorts. :D
Derpy Hooves
Derpy Hooves
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 31

Character List:
Name: Taters
Sex: Stallion
Species: Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Ferrous_Oxide Mon Jan 09, 2012 7:39 am

I have two dreams I want to recount. Unfortunately, most of the parts in them deteriorated from my memory, but the parts I remember were interesting enough.

The first had Steve Jobs and Harrison Ford fighting in a steel cage match, but I woke up before I saw who won.

And the second deteriorated the most, because all I can remember was Sean Connery dressed as Allan Quatermain from The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen riding on Big Macintosh's back.
Ferrous_Oxide
Ferrous_Oxide
Unicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Moonlight Mon Jan 09, 2012 2:50 pm

I haven't had dreams in the longest time... Last dreams I had were about my first ex. No ponies, although they occupy most of my free time
Moonlight
Moonlight
Hydra

Brohoof! : 23

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Spitfire Tue Jan 10, 2012 10:20 am

Welp, i can no say I know what death is in a dream, I've never had it happen before, but I finally died in a dream just now. basically, when I get woken up, then go right back to sleep, then I ALWAYS dream after, no mater how small the time. I was woken as 6am, and I got out of bed at 6:05am, but in that time I dreamed quite a lot, the main thing being I experienced death, and it was... odd... Every other dream I can remember, form aliens invading, to flesh eating monsters, to zombies, I was never to die. there was even this white monster alien that would tell me, specifically, that it was going to kill everyone but me, and would never say why. (I was 9, it looked like the adomidable snow beast form the really old scooby-doo. and It was a recuring dream, every few months I'd have it, and ask the monster why I was doing this over again, and it'd never answer me there either.)
Spitfire
Spitfire
Hydra

Brohoof! : 6

Character List:
Name: Wildfire
Sex: Herm
Species: Pegasus

Back to top Go down

Post by Elipsilon Wed Jan 11, 2012 1:11 pm

I'm actually trying to become a lucid dreamer. No luck so far, but I'll come back to this thread if I ever make any progress :p
Elipsilon
Elipsilon
Earth Pony

Brohoof! : 2

Back to top Go down

Post by CamoBadger Wed Jan 11, 2012 1:41 pm

Well, last night's dream was...weird...

First off: me and Luna (she's been in 2 of my dreams in a row now...) were walking through some forest and then randomly teleported into some valley where we got in an argument with some random people. Those people turned into werewolf...alien...things...and me and Luna fought them.

Then before we finished that fight we were suddenly standing back in the forest and making lunch over a campfire, and then I woke up...

What the hell...
CamoBadger
CamoBadger
Royal Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Moonlight Wed Jan 11, 2012 3:53 pm

Inception!!
Moonlight
Moonlight
Hydra

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by CamoBadger Thu Jan 12, 2012 12:08 am

BWOOOOOOONG

BWOOOOOOONG
CamoBadger
CamoBadger
Royal Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Tia Thu Jan 12, 2012 8:11 am

i sill need a dream with ponies,
i am getting closer though, the dream i had last night involved David tennant somehow
Tia
Tia
Unicorn

Brohoof! : 7

Character List:
Name: RainbowJJP
Sex: Colt

http://rainbowjjp.malware-site.www

Back to top Go down

Post by Derpy Hooves Thu Jan 12, 2012 9:58 am

Well I'm on the bus and still haven't posted my long summary of my experiences last year. I used to have a problem where I would dream every night, meaning very vivid, long dreams, that I remembered. This led my brain to subconsciously expect dreaming. Later I just naturally began to consciously expect dreaming and lucid dreaming fell into place naturally. I never did practice or journal anything, I would just fall asleep, and I would be aware I was sleeping. But my lucidity seemed to be limited, in a way I think anyone's would be. The more aware I truly became about the dream, the less asleep I would be, such as I would hear noises from the world around my "sleeping body" or I would lose sensory details from the dream.

The basic idea was: I could know I'm dreaming, an in some cases control some factors, but there was a difference between knowing I'm asleep, and realizing that cows don't fly if they run fast enough.

This little "ability"slowly faded come about November of 2011 (it had started in march 2011, which upon a google search I found about 9 other individuals that seemed to start dreaming at that time too, curious, but I assumed 8 of them were lying)

I'm going to end that summary there because I don't want my phone to crash again, but for now I'll summarize my, less than stellar dreams from last night.

So ponys have been an element in my dreams for a while (my favorite is when I was trying to catch an Applejack, for god knows what.) but last night they were a part of my dreams in a horrible way.

I was in some weird foresty area with swamps and I saw fluttershy die!!!! Then later after mourning with some other people (no other ponies curiously) we would pass by that spot repeatedly to see the saddest, most real fluttershy ever.... Only not alive. I wont explain what it looked like only that it was horrible, but you know that feeling in dreams where things just don't affect you the same way, it seemed sad but at the same time it wasn't THAT sad until I woke up.

Thankfully, I'm sure fluttershy is alive and well.

OH I also had a dream a few nights ago where I cuddled with Twilight Sparkle!! FOR WHAT FELT LIKE HOURS!!!!!!! :D I feel weird but it was awesome!!!!!

EDIT: come to think of it... I have dreamt a LOT in the past month... Maybe my dreams are coming back like before? I honestly would love that, though sometimes after dreaming all night, waking up I would feel less than rested...

Either way, I'll keep you guys posted, I'd my dreams come back like they used to be ill have really fun things to talk about here! I SHALL MAKE DERPY DREAMS CANON!
Derpy Hooves
Derpy Hooves
Royal Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Elipsilon Fri Jan 13, 2012 1:55 am

I plan on setting my alarm clock to this.

I wonder how this will affect my dreams.
Elipsilon
Elipsilon
Earth Pony

Brohoof! : 2

Back to top Go down

Post by Spitfire Sat Mar 10, 2012 6:48 pm

Ok, so I always dream when I wake up partially and go back to sleep. When I do this multiple times, these dreams get long, more detailed, and odder.

First basically amounted to a lot of people being trapped in the Winco parking lot (only it wasn't a Winco) and basically it was me driving a bit. oddest part was me driving what was only the driverseat forward of our white sedan on two wheels somehow.

Next, and I'm not sure how these all connected, I feel like they should be, but I can't remember how. Basically we (family, some of it anyway, and other people I felt like I knew but didn't) trapped in a farmhouse and I think someone was murdering people. don't remember too much of that one. The more I do this, the more detailed the later ones are, and less the early ones. I remember the lesson from this one was something like just because there are two options and one is evil, the good seeming one might be worse and you'll end up dead (or your balls chopped off first.)

Next was another one like the first, only more defined and after driving away successfully this time it was some driving on a country road.

All I can remember of the next now is that at one point I heard a bit on the radio durring day to day (non school) life, and it mentioned Vivacio had colected 5 posters (that were special for some reason) and he'd won a copy of Battletoads. Later in the same connected part, I was eating a cheese stick in the plad pantry by my school and after finishing it, I was tearing up, fillding with, and playing around with the wrapper, and I noticed there was very blurry hard to read text on it and a tiny pic. In the space about two thumb finger nails big, with the pic from Vivacio's tumblr even smaller, I managed to make out somethnig about 5 posters and battletoads from a contest. The one thing I noted about this is it was big news, almsot like in charlie and the chocolate factory.

The next one is odd, shrunken down to a few inches tall in a overgrown forest with natural forest on one side and christmass treas (undecorated) on the other with a small area between them. the room was flipped around, and I was part of a party adventuring kinda like DND or something, and it play'd like the game "fallen earth" that my brother and dad are trying to get me to play. We ended up spending a lot of time by the natural forrest, under a giant tree in which some evil thing lived. At one point some minnion came down and we faught 1-1 until I won, with that golder wernch from TF2 and they turned into a golden statue. At this point the half spider evil enchantress thing swooped down and proceaded to eat the statue and escape. after that I jumped around the branches and lilly pads (yes, in the trees) with another party member, this time a non humaniod talking grey snail nammed timmy. eventually we fell, but instead of falling, I was flown over the other side of te room, the christmas trees, and then over the area we'd been camping at where the team was fighting the evil spider lady and instead I was flown through the small hallway (inversed though) over a bounch of scattered legos and into a kitchen (not mine) and I waas normal size again. It was old, and semi decrepit, and I got the feeling and some how knew this was our kitchen form back in the car escape and farmhouse dreams. there was a lareg half eaten loaf of poppy seed bread (imagine muffin, in bread form, big as a soccerball around.) I went to pick up it's bad and it leaked, because it was rotten. I then left that kitchen from the same way I'd came, and ended up flipped around again in a inveres of our dining room, the table covered in the usual stuff and a bunch of desert pastries like we sually get from time to time, only all of them at once, each was partially eaten already, and they were all odd varieties I'd never seen IRL. (like, muffins that were easter colored, and carrot cake brownies). I didn't get a chance to eat any before I had to go again, this time into our normal living room agian. That's where I woke up again, but what I'd seen for that second or two in the dream matched what I saw In real life when I finally went in there.

So, yeah, I'm insane. and still jellous of both FeO and Vivacio (fluttershy here) who have dreamed of ponies (or human Wildfire).
Spitfire
Spitfire
Hydra

Character List:
Name: Wildfire
Sex: Herm

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 10, 2012 10:11 pm

I don't have dreams because the darkness has over powered my soul all i see at night is the death of people and pure darkness

Back to top Go down

Post by XT Vengeance Mon Mar 12, 2012 9:11 am

...so I have been having semi-lucid dreams that follow a distinct story line for a couple months now. It all started with a dream where I was walking to a friends house late one night. I heard a loud horn, turned around and I presume that I was hit by a car. Next thing I know, I am tied up in a desert. And I look up to see Benny from Fallout New Vegas. The next month or so involved me following the path of the Courier, albeit a little different. Like when I first met Caesar, i whispered "Sic semper Tyrannis" before shooting him in the head. Then Boone, who had been waiting patiently outside in a Legion outfit, stormed in and opened fire on the guards. It was quite entertaining actually. The dreams are still going, and there is a lot more that has already happened, but i will post that at a later date.
XT Vengeance
XT Vengeance
High Inquisitor of Jackassery

Brohoof! : 40

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Derpy Hooves Mon Mar 12, 2012 12:28 pm

So, because I see this thread was resurrected I'm going to update you all on my massive post above, if you read it.

My nightly dreaming has come back, I haven't had a single time I've fallen asleep in a month and a half now in which I did not dream. This means that I've become quite accustom both in and out of dreams to test if I'm dreaming. No this does not involve some totem or top or thing like that, its more along the lines of i ask myself if im dreaming, and then try to jump really high or i do something that i know will get a certain reaction from someone in real life, and think in my head really hard about said reaction.

Because I do this during the day occasionally (you never know with my dreams, i once had one that i swear a year of time had passed in the night) people occasionally see me touching a wall or jumping in the middle of the hallway, (if you read this whole message put the word "butternutscrumptiouscakes" in you're reply) only because if i notice something strange i am compelled to test if I am awake. I believe I've also pissed people off by doing things such as stealing their pencil while they are writing or running up to them just to touch their face. Say they do something odd like lean in to kiss me after i touch their face, then i know they are sleeping.

Now this sounds like ive got a really well worked system and i feel i know everything about all of this but i really dont. I simply figured out things that work for me to find out if i am dreaming or not during these lapses of over-dreaming (dreaming every time i am asleep).

And yes, because of my weird ritualistic testing i have had many a-lucid dream in the past month, they don't usually last long because (at least i think) after i become aware of the dream, the parts of my brain that were not active in percieving the dream as A DREAM become active, i think this might also wake up the part of my brain that perceives time, thus not allowing me that strange extended time-span sometimes experienced in a dream. I also think that the awareness might only come near the end of my sleep cycle AS these parts of my brain naturally become active again, thus meaning i will only really become lucid around the time i would have woken up anyway.

Oh wow that was a long one huh...
Derpy Hooves
Derpy Hooves
Royal Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ferrous_Oxide Mon Mar 12, 2012 12:52 pm

For Derpy, butternutscrumptioscakes.

Anyways, over the weekend I rented Mass Effect 3. Last night I dreamt I was Commander Shepard fighting Reapers in order to help a planet in distress, and gain their help as well as pick up a diplomat. It turns out the diplomat was a pony. Not an actual pony from the show, but you could tell what it was. Then the Reapers attacked, we were fighting back, and I woke up.
Ferrous_Oxide
Ferrous_Oxide
Unicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by CamoBadger Mon Mar 12, 2012 1:19 pm

I don't dream much anymore, and if I do I remember only some of it when I wake up, and the dream fades until I remember absolutely nothing by lunch time.

But I have noticed that I must move A LOT in my sleep. Seriously, went to sleep last night with 2 blankets completely covering my body. Woke up and the top one had shifted to only cover my chest, but the bottom one was still covering from shoulders to toes.
And that's not as creepy as the time I woke up and the bottom blanket was on the floor next to me with the top blanket still covering my body...
What the hell do I do in my sleep?
CamoBadger
CamoBadger
Royal Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Orm Mon Mar 12, 2012 3:02 pm

A few weeks ago I had a dream that I was going to a friends house.
It was a friend and a part of town that doesn't exist.
It was getting late when I was at his house, so I decided to leave.
as I locked the door, then I felt a hand cover my mouth.
I turned around to see a man wearing a mask he didn't say anything, he cut my throat, then I woke up.

I don't know why I'm talking about this, I hated that dream.
It just felt better telling someone than keeping it to myself.

I probably shouldn't even have posted this here.
Orm
Orm
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 51

Character List:
Name: Searchlight
Species: Ghoul Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Derpy Hooves Mon Mar 12, 2012 4:43 pm

Ferrous_Oxide wrote:For Derpy, butternutscrumptioscakes.

Yaaaaaaaaayyyyyy~! Fluttershy
Derpy Hooves
Derpy Hooves
Royal Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Moonlight Mon Mar 12, 2012 6:09 pm

I haven't had any memorable dreams in a *very* long time... It makes me depressed.
Moonlight
Moonlight
Hydra

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Thoix Mon Mar 12, 2012 6:45 pm

Last dream I remember:

I'm at my old preschool at night with family and friends, but all hell breaks loose when velociraptors appear and start to chase us around the school. Can't tell if it's supposed to be a nightmare or not though.

I think I've had this dream about four-five times now.
Thoix
Thoix
Foal

Brohoof! : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by Scootaloo Mon Mar 12, 2012 7:37 pm

I'm gunna attack this thread. I get weird dreams almost every night.

Apparently Osama didn't in fact die but I told everyone he did so then he was after me to kill me. He chased me in my house. When I shut the door to a room and held it shut so he couldn't come in, he aimed his gun under the door and tried to shoot me with it. It lasted for a few more seconds and then I woke up.
Scootaloo
Scootaloo
Pegasus

Character List:
Name: Shimmer Mint

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:00 pm

Scootaloo wrote:I'm gunna attack this thread. I get weird dreams almost every night.

Apparently Osama didn't in fact die but I told everyone he did so then he was after me to kill me. He chased me in my house. When I shut the door to a room and held it shut so he couldn't come in, he aimed his gun under the door and tried to shoot me with it. It lasted for a few more seconds and then I woke up.
I got to say that is funny and weird

Back to top Go down

Post by Scootaloo Wed Mar 14, 2012 11:17 pm

I was sitting on the floor in the library in front of a bookshelf. I had my textbook of a subject that I forget and I was writing things down. Beside me, I had an egg carton filled with fertilized chicken eggs. I had to take care of them and make sure that they didn't break. Inside the egg carton with the chicken eggs, there were bug eggs that were the same shape and material as the chicken ones except that they were smaller. Some kid walked past me and told me to smash the bug eggs on the ground. They weren't supposed to be with the chickens. So I took handfuls of the bug eggs and smashed them all over the library floor. Then the bell rang so I had to leave and pack up my things. It took me a while because I had to carry all of my stuff as well as the chicken eggs in my hand. Once I got everything balanced, I left and my dream ended.

Yeah.
Scootaloo
Scootaloo
Pegasus

Character List:
Name: Shimmer Mint

Back to top Go down

Post by Ferrous_Oxide Mon Mar 19, 2012 7:52 am

Ok, I just woke up recently, and I'm going to say my dream before it fades.

MY dream last night was absurd in how extremely mundane it was. I had dreamed of going to the grocery store, buying potato bread, then heading home, toasting it and eating it with butter. That was it. My dream ended with me eating toast. This is one of the most boring dreams I've ever had which is why it's so remarkable.

I also had a dream where a friend that moved away came to visit, but he had turned blonde. Then a giant mechanical jungle gym appeared and we were walking on it and stuff.

I didn't understand that dream in the slightest.
Ferrous_Oxide
Ferrous_Oxide
Unicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Linguz Mon Mar 19, 2012 7:55 am

Oh! Let me try to interpret dreams! I have a certificate from myself!

A friend returned: You miss him.
He turned blonde: You don't care if he changes; you just want to meet him again.
Jungle Gym: With him, you feel freer. Without him, you feel tied down.

And your other dream.

Dream: You were hungry.

Could this be true?
Linguz
Linguz
The Forged Steel

Brohoof! : 10

Character List:
Name: Nidal
Species: Khajiit

Back to top Go down