Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

+14
Scienza
Admiral Stoic Rum
Craterfist
Bootleg
Kattlarv
Valikdu
Harmony Ltd.
RoboRed
brony all alone
Frost
Ironmonger
Stringtheory
Tytan
Katarn
18 posters

Page 8 of 14 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 14  Next

Go down

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 8 Empty Re: [Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

Post by Frost Sun Jan 24, 2016 11:43 pm

Two works of art that were meant for each other
Frost
Frost
Crazed Gun-Toting 'Murican

Brohoof! : 503

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 8 Empty Re: [Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

Post by Valikdu Mon Jan 25, 2016 7:52 pm

While XCom 2 is a week away, I'm playing... not Long War.

I've came across X-Com Final, which is kinda like Long War for the 1994 UFO Defense (and I have no idea how I haven't found it before, considering I knew that the open-source X-Com 1994 is a thing).

It's awesome.

There's multiple new UFO types (like a 2-man fighter that can kill your early planes) and interceptors.
You can't just go inventing lasers right away, just like in Long War; for a long time, you'll have to make do with ballistic guns (which are a lot more of, including machine guns, grenade launchers, sniper rifles, and some things that you have to invent like a multi-RPG launcher); you'll be able to make Alloy bullets for the guns, though. There's also a lot more armor types.
Your first lasers will be trophies, and you even have to do an interrogation to use them; thankfully, there's new options for live alien capture like taser pistols and dart rifles (you have to research the darts). Actually, interrogations are required a lot more, in general.
Of course, there's new aliens. I've met some from Apocalypse and TFTD. Fuck those guys. (well, actually, the main source of annoyance are their terror units... speaking of, there'll be a prolonged period where you might face Cyberdisks without lasers. Lol.)
Valikdu
Valikdu
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 192

Character List:
Name: Ion Storm
Sex: Female
Species: First One

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Wed Jan 27, 2016 9:22 pm

It's happening
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 30, 2016 2:59 am

Oooooooh, shit! Magic Circle's got a new album out and I didn't know about it! Listened to the first minute and then bought it. Five minutes in, I sure am not regretting it. Sounds great. Not a retread of their first album at all, but still the same style and still fuckin' great.

Back to top Go down

Post by Scienza Sat Jan 30, 2016 6:17 pm

On an unrelated note, Ava's Demon is finally off hiatus.
Scienza
Scienza
Shipmistress

Brohoof! : 248

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

https://plus.google.com/u/0/+DkutlaOsterhagen

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Sat Jan 30, 2016 8:52 pm

Overlong Analysis Cobalt wrote:Oooooooh, shit! Magic Circle's got a new album out and I didn't know about it! Listened to the first minute and then bought it. Five minutes in, I sure am not regretting it. Sounds great. Not a retread of their first album at all, but still the same style and still fuckin' great.
Listening now. First thoughts are that "Fated to journey blind" would be awesome as part of a tattoo

EDIT: That entire album is fucktastic
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 31, 2016 2:20 am

@Frost
I want to go see them live, but I'm working on the one date that's actually close to me.

@Ava's Demon
Dang, things've been heating up since the last page I saw. Feels like the artwork's become even better, too.

Back to top Go down

Post by Valikdu Sun Jan 31, 2016 7:36 am

A lot of games have day 1 DLC these days.

X-Com 2 has Day 1 Mods, made by the Long War team.

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 8 Giphy-facebook_s
Valikdu
Valikdu
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Valikdu Sun Jan 31, 2016 11:47 am

Valikdu wrote:I've came across X-Com Final, which is kinda like Long War for the 1994 UFO Defense (and I have no idea how I haven't found it before, considering I knew that the open-source X-Com 1994 is a thing).

I haven't actually finished X-Com UFO Defense previously. I had to get rid of the shame before touching X-Com 2, so... now I have.

The Final mod adds a lot more than what I've described in the post, btw. You should try it, if you're not repulsed by the 1994 graphics. And if you are, you should try it anyway.
Valikdu
Valikdu
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Tue Feb 02, 2016 1:33 am

Has anyone here done any work modding Victoria II?  I've run into a mysterious problem with some decisions; the symptoms suggest bad bracket structuring, but I've checked the bracket structuring multiple times manually and with two different programs.  Other decisions I've written work fine, and I don't know what I'm doing wrong here.
The decisions, if you want to see them:
Some of these don't seem to show up at all, while others spew out seemingly randoms parts of themselves as independent (and, of course, broken) decisions.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Brohoof! : 383

Character List:
Name: Ris Haends Aeronauticus
Sex: Male
Species: Zebra

Back to top Go down

Post by Valikdu Tue Feb 02, 2016 3:15 am

Looks okay to me, but I may not be aware of some VicII nuance.
Valikdu
Valikdu
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Tue Feb 02, 2016 3:46 am

Well, if so, I seem to be unaware of it too; thanks for taking a look, though.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Brohoof! : 383

Character List:
Name: Ris Haends Aeronauticus
Sex: Male
Species: Zebra

Back to top Go down

Post by Valikdu Wed Feb 03, 2016 5:00 pm

Today, New Zealand will be having a drastic population increase.

Spoiler:
Valikdu
Valikdu
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Wed Feb 03, 2016 9:53 pm

Started playing Elite: Dangerous: Horizons: More Colons Edition

Quite a slow start. I've been warned. But at least the universe is huge and full of possibilities, and pretty dynamic so I have that to look forward to.

I just wish there was a way to spend actual real money just to get an option for your new characters to start with more credits than the basic 1000 because right now I can't even really start trading with only so little.

Also my first investment will be to buy the module that allow to automate the docking/landing procedure. Because goddamn is it a pain in the ass to do manually.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 543

Back to top Go down

Post by Valikdu Thu Feb 04, 2016 12:35 pm

I've released a new version of my mod. There should be no more spontaneous combustion in the caravans.
Valikdu
Valikdu
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 04, 2016 6:09 pm

I've tried playing Max Payne 3 again. "I have a computer that can actually run it decently now," I thought. "Maybe the gameplay will be better with 60 FPS."

It's not. I mean, okay, it's a little better, but holy shit it is still not good. I never thought a game could be overproduced - I thought that was something only music could manage to fuck up on, specifically melodic death metal - but this game has so many "cinematic" mechanics that just fuck you (and the basic gameplay loop) up, over and over, for no reason; so many "cool" moments that force you to go through stupid fucking cutscenes when you just want to play the fucking game; so much post-rendered trash all over the screen... so much pointless noise and chaos and destructible bullshit that gets in the way of playing, so many extra ideas thrown into the formula ("Uhh, McPain is a cover-based War of Gears, right? No? Well, it is now!") that just don't work... God, it's like you can see a good game inside the game, so you keep playing for those rare moments that are actually fun, but the game keeps unequipping your guns for you, and squeezing off "fun" instant-kill monster closets, and letting you watch really cool cutscenes where groups of enemies shuffle in single-file through an alley you were aiming at, notice you, point at you, clean their weapons thoroughly, signal for reinforcements, prepare a hearty dinner, say grace, eat, have a quick nap, and duck behind strong cover - at which point you are magically placed behind a paper wall and finally allowed to start shooting at them with a different gun than the one(s) you had equipped prior to watching Quentin Tarantino's six-hour masterpiece "Enter the Cannon Fodder, Part 178."

And the story sucks, too. It's slow as molasses purely because the main character randomly is forced into cutscene mode, during which time he is incapable of murdering people (despite having been mowing down something like seven humans per minute for the past hour) and gives up, only to un-give-up the second there's no longer a chance of advancing the fucking story. It's like the opposite of Metal Gear in all respects. By the time twists started happening, I didn't care about the plot. It's not just the whole Ludonarrative dissonance thing (buzzword, ho!), it's that the story is so pointless and slow and bland. The best parts were the flashbacks where you didn't have to be in Brazil. Those had style, and one or two fun characters. They don't last.

Anyway, there's a BBC article up now called "Why Are Americans So Angry?" I've found the answer: Max Payne 3. :I

Back to top Go down

Post by Valikdu Thu Feb 04, 2016 6:17 pm

Um.
I'm considering the purchase of an audiobook. I've never felt the need to have one, but this one has Wayne June (the Darkest Dungeon Ancestor) reading H. P. Lovecraft.

http://www.audible.com/pd/Fiction/The-Dark-Worlds-of-H-P-Lovecraft-Volume-1-Audiobook/B004B7PYW2
Valikdu
Valikdu
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 04, 2016 6:44 pm

Valikdu wrote:Um.
I'm considering the purchase of an audiobook. I've never felt the need to have one, but this one has Wayne June (the Darkest Dungeon Ancestor) reading H. P. Lovecraft.

http://www.audible.com/pd/Fiction/The-Dark-Worlds-of-H-P-Lovecraft-Volume-1-Audiobook/B004B7PYW2
It says it has Dunwich Horror read by him. That'd be worth a lot - I dunno about $18, but it'd be perfect for his voice.

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Thu Feb 04, 2016 7:58 pm

I've never been a fan of audiobooks--and Lovecraft doubly so, since his more complex prose tends to demand my relatively undivided attention

Unrelated cool picture:
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Sun Feb 07, 2016 1:47 am

@Cobalt:
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Valikdu Sun Feb 07, 2016 7:24 pm

oh fuck the hell yes

Valikdu
Valikdu
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Sun Feb 07, 2016 9:37 pm

Coming out not long before leave.

Goddamnit, Val, I actually need to get work done over leave. Why must you torment me so?
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Mon Feb 08, 2016 10:40 pm

Any Song Of Ice And Fire fans here? Y'all might enjoy some cool art
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Scienza Tue Feb 09, 2016 2:29 pm

Frost wrote:Any Song Of Ice And Fire fans here? Y'all might enjoy some cool art
Oooh, that art is fucking gorgeous. I've been meaning to pick up the lorebook for a while now.
Scienza
Scienza
Shipmistress

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Tue Feb 09, 2016 3:28 pm

Hey Scienza!

Lookit what I found in my mailbox today!
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 543

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Wed Feb 10, 2016 2:39 am

Scienza wrote:
Frost wrote:Any Song Of Ice And Fire fans here? Y'all might enjoy some cool art
Oooh, that art is fucking gorgeous. I've been meaning to pick up the lorebook for a while now.
Dunno how you feel about metal, but I just found this as well

Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Scienza Wed Feb 10, 2016 11:03 pm

Harmony Ltd. wrote:Hey Scienza!

Lookit what I found in my mailbox today!
D'awww... God, I love that game.

On an unrelated note, there's a tiny chance that Worm might become a TV series. Wildbow's also looking for editors, which I thought might be of interest to the editing maniacs that frequent this forum.
Scienza
Scienza
Shipmistress

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Sun Feb 14, 2016 9:10 pm

That weirdo lesbian ghost story is on Steam, by the way
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 14, 2016 10:08 pm

Love that ASOIAF artwork compilation.

I saw Deadpool, the movie. It was fine. Someone next to me in the theater smelled like farts, though. Can't say I'm a fan of that. Otherwise, it was a good experience. Funny movie. Didn't hit the mark when trying to be dramatic, IMO, but that's always going to be kind of hard with the character, especially when doing a 
spoiler:

Back to top Go down

Post by Icy Shake Mon Feb 15, 2016 10:11 pm

From my inbox this week wrote:This Sunday is Valentine's Day, which makes this Saturday the perfect time to mourn the fact that you don't have any Valentine's plans because you're fundamentally unlovable and your whole life is mere meaningless shambling through endless pain and suffering. Even the rare times you feel a modicum of "joy" or "happiness" are just bait on the line, tricking you into staying alive to suffer even more hardship for the desperate hope you might again experience something "positive."
So, uh, come round to [event] this Saturday! It won't be a good experience (nothing ever is), but you will be surrounded by people who are just as lonely and miserable and unlovable as you, so at least you can take some perverse comfort in the fact that you aren't alone. They say misery loves company, and boy are we miserable.
Man I love that group's invitations.
Icy Shake
Icy Shake
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 308

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 14 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 14  Next