Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

+16
Frost
Katarn
Kattlarv
Icy Shake
RoboRed
O. Hinds
Epsilon
Downloaded Skill
Kippershy
Ironmonger
Stringtheory
Scienza
Whiskey Rebellion
StoneSlinger88
Valikdu
Vinylshadow
20 posters

Page 30 of 31 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31  Next

Go down

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 30 Empty Re: [Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

Post by Guest Wed Jan 07, 2015 10:36 am

Harmony Ltd. wrote:The most ironic thing is that class' Nazi is telling him he's full of bullshit assimilating all muslims with terrorists.
Well, the Nazis have to hold the race war idea in their head for a lot longer than your average reactionary; they have to construct a whole worldview around it, so it has to make more sense, have more finicky little details.

Seriously, though, Harmony, my thoughts are with you and yours. This attack was just despicable.

Back to top Go down

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 30 Empty Re: [Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

Post by Frost Wed Jan 07, 2015 10:44 am

The gate-guard who responded to this is in my company. Which, ironically, made everyone stop taking it seriously. 

"There's an active shooter situation. SSG Collins--"
"Shooter's dead already."
Frost
Frost
Crazed Gun-Toting 'Murican

Brohoof! : 503

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Wed Jan 07, 2015 10:45 am

Unrelated:

Cobalt, have you ever heard anything by Arsis? If not, then I think you might like them. They play brutal technical melodic death metal, and the lead singer uses a growling technique that's closer to black metal shrieking.

Ironmonger
Daemon Prince of Bad Puns

Brohoof! : 290

Character List:
Name: Cast Iron
Sex: Male
Species: Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 07, 2015 10:51 am

Ironmonger wrote:Unrelated:

Cobalt, have you ever heard anything by Arsis? If not, then I think you might like them. They play brutal technical melodic death metal, and the lead singer uses a growling technique that's closer to black metal shrieking.
I've heard the name around, but I don't think I've listened before. I'll give them a whirl - any albums/songs you'd recommend in particular? Normally I just use the encyclopaedia metallum but it's not always the most reliable.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Wed Jan 07, 2015 10:55 am

My favorite song by them, at least as far as instrumentals go, is The Face of My Innocence on A Celebration of Guilt. That's the only album of theirs that I've listened to, but their guitar-work is fantastic. Their lyrics, on the other hand, are kinda odd. You'd have to actually see/hear them to understand.

Ironmonger
Daemon Prince of Bad Puns

Brohoof! : 290

Character List:
Name: Cast Iron
Sex: Male
Species: Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 07, 2015 11:25 am

Ironmonger wrote:My favorite song by them, at least as far as instrumentals go, is The Face of My Innocence on A Celebration of Guilt. That's the only album of theirs that I've listened to, but their guitar-work is fantastic. Their lyrics, on the other hand, are kinda odd. You'd have to actually see/hear them to understand.
Ha, read some of 'em. Hey, I've listened to much weirder - Mayhem has a song called Chainsaw Gutfuck. :P It's exactly as classy as you'd expect from a band of mentally unsound Norwegians who have only a tenuous grasp on the English language.

Mm. Love the kicks on that song. Guitars don't let up, maintain interesting stuff throughout. Vocals do indeed sound nice. Snare sound is definitely in the brutal death metal style, which is going to take some getting used to, but yeah. That's a kickass song.

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Wed Jan 07, 2015 2:22 pm

You know the difference between Infantry and Cav?

We can at least spell "ponies" correctly:
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Stringtheory Wed Jan 07, 2015 2:34 pm

swicked wrote:I've read up to chapter 25 in Asylum.
My gosh, this fic makes me uncomfortable in all the best ways. Twilight is just so desperate, manipulative and abusive, and she doesn't care. The world isn't real so the ends justify the means.
I just expect this to ramp up to a scary amount, all to end in tragedy. I want her to just destroy everyone she once loved only to discover there's nothing at the end of this tunnel. There can't be a way back for her, whether or not Equestria is real.
SO much fun...
YES! That fic is awesome. Too bad we'll probably never know if Broadhoof is the 'real world' or not... Twilight crazy
Stringtheory
Stringtheory
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 97

Back to top Go down

Post by Vinylshadow Wed Jan 07, 2015 3:24 pm

Huuua...all caught up with Angelic Shadows, finally

Rare to see a fic that easily tosses around other countries names' like that; most seem to treat it as if Pokemon was on another completely different planet

Based regions:
Vinylshadow
Vinylshadow
Alicorn

Brohoof! : -8

Character List:
Name: Midnight Runner/Noon Walker
Sex: Mare/Stallion
Species: Pegasus

http://songbreeze741.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Stringtheory Wed Jan 07, 2015 3:30 pm

swicked wrote:
Stringtheory wrote:
swicked wrote:I've read up to chapter 25 in Asylum.
My gosh, this fic makes me uncomfortable in all the best ways. Twilight is just so desperate, manipulative and abusive, and she doesn't care. The world isn't real so the ends justify the means.
I just expect this to ramp up to a scary amount, all to end in tragedy. I want her to just destroy everyone she once loved only to discover there's nothing at the end of this tunnel. There can't be a way back for her, whether or not Equestria is real.
SO much fun...
YES! That fic is awesome. Too bad we'll probably never know if Broadhoof is the 'real world' or not... Twilight crazy
It doesn't matter. If she finds paradise, she won't be worthy of it anymore. Sweetie Belle
OHHH! I hadn't considered that possibility and I like it. Even if FiM!verse turns out to be the original and Broadhoof!verse turns out to be an alternate dimension/mental trap/whatever, Twilight will probably be so twisted that she'll be put in a mental institution should she ever find a way back...
Stringtheory
Stringtheory
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Vinylshadow Wed Jan 07, 2015 3:34 pm

Blah blah, magic of friendship cures all blah blah plot coupon
Vinylshadow
Vinylshadow
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Stringtheory Wed Jan 07, 2015 3:38 pm

Vinylshadow wrote:Blah blah, magic of friendship cures all blah blah plot coupon
Have you even read Asylum? How Because if you haven't, you should, especially if you like psychological horror.
Stringtheory
Stringtheory
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Vinylshadow Wed Jan 07, 2015 4:02 pm

That wounds me:

I'll give it a shot; now that AS is finished (caught up, anyway) I can finally peruse PH72 and a few other fanfics I've fallen behind on
Vinylshadow
Vinylshadow
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Wed Jan 07, 2015 4:07 pm

Hey, man, pokemon's hardcore. Once you scrape away all the retarded characters that dress like a religious white suburban mom's idea of what was "hip" in the 90's, the monsters that look like a child's second-grade doodles with some weirdo anime bug-eyes slapped on, and the paper-thin plots ("tournaments"? or something? "Best that ever was" at some shit?) it's essentially the ongoing tales of a society built on superpowered dog-fighting where children roam the world to put their friends/pets into gory, fiery bloodbaths against other childrens' equally mutated pets.

Also, swick, I'm really starting to think that your fascination with all these stories is just a case of good ol'-fashioned literary sadomasochism. A sort of Schadenfreude where the protagonists' sympathetic (rather than the usual unsympathetic) natures and the attempts to strike emotional cords instead invoke feelings of euphoria and amusement. And that's pretty metal.

I've got the story on "read later" myself; I suspect I'll get to it while I'm on guard, as I've little else to do but read and chug monsters out there between shifts on the lanes proper.
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Scienza Wed Jan 07, 2015 4:09 pm

Pokemon is fun as hell.
Scienza
Scienza
Shipmistress

Brohoof! : 248

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

https://plus.google.com/u/0/+DkutlaOsterhagen

Back to top Go down

Post by Vinylshadow Wed Jan 07, 2015 4:39 pm

I'd respond, but at this point, even when I do feel sorry for pissing you off, you view it as 'trolling' so I don't see the point in trying

Besides, I'm hoping that Asylum doesn't have the magic of friendship solve everything, because that gets old after a while

Simply put, Pokemon is a series that looks childish on the surface, but dig past that and you uncover quite a dark core to them

Team Rocket buys, steals and creates pokemon to sell for profit; they're not afraid to get their hands dirty and commit crimes to do so

Team Aqua and Magma put the world at risk with awakening two primal pokemon that represent the forces of nature

Team Galactic wanted to reset the world and start over from scratch, never mind the other six billion people living on it

Team Plasma wanted to set pokemon free from their supposed slavery, despite overwhelming evidence to the contrary and 2 years later, were willing to freeze the region solid to rule it

Team Flare...well...I'm not really sure WHAT they were after, to be honest...wiping out all life (Team Galactic?) collecting money and pokemon (Team Rocket?)
Vinylshadow
Vinylshadow
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Stringtheory Wed Jan 07, 2015 5:00 pm

Mister Frost wrote:Also, swick, I'm really starting to think that your fascination with all these stories is just a case of good ol'-fashioned literary sadomasochism. A sort of Schadenfreude where the protagonists' sympathetic (rather than the usual unsympathetic) natures and the attempts to strike emotional cords instead invoke feelings of euphoria and amusement. And that's pretty metal.
I think I've picked up something similar, really getting into both stories that have a lot of suffering (Madoka Magica) and ones that are set somewhere that people laugh at the concept of hope (Dark Souls). I'm pretty sure it's my subconscious telling me 'hey your life isn't that bad, just look at these poor assholes.'
Stringtheory
Stringtheory
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Whiskey Rebellion Wed Jan 07, 2015 5:19 pm

Harmony Ltd. wrote:This sick fuck is almost frothing at the mouth as he expresses in graphical details what he wishes to do to any muslim / arab he can find.

This guy is in the bed right next to me.
I'd bet a lot of money that psychopaths are hardcore in bed.

Unrelated, but it brought me much amusement:

Whiskey Rebellion
Whiskey Rebellion
Earth Pony

Brohoof! : 30

Back to top Go down

Post by Stringtheory Wed Jan 07, 2015 5:21 pm

Whiskey Rebellion wrote:
Harmony Ltd. wrote:This sick fuck is almost frothing at the mouth as he expresses in graphical details what he wishes to do to any muslim / arab he can find.

This guy is in the bed right next to me.
I'd bet a lot of money that psychopaths are hardcore in bed.
Don't stick your dick in crazy/Don't let crazy stick their dick in you...
Stringtheory
Stringtheory
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Wed Jan 07, 2015 5:27 pm

Oh, don't worry, that dwarf is pretty much 100% into womens.

Also into indoor gardening, but that's another story.

Last edited by Harmony Ltd. on Wed Jan 07, 2015 5:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 543

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Wed Jan 07, 2015 5:27 pm

Stringtheory wrote:
Mister Frost wrote:Also, swick, I'm really starting to think that your fascination with all these stories is just a case of good ol'-fashioned literary sadomasochism. A sort of Schadenfreude where the protagonists' sympathetic (rather than the usual unsympathetic) natures and the attempts to strike emotional cords instead invoke feelings of euphoria and amusement. And that's pretty metal.
I think I've picked up something similar, really getting into both stories that have a lot of suffering (Madoka Magica) and ones that are set somewhere that people laugh at the concept of hope (Dark Souls). I'm pretty sure it's my subconscious telling me 'hey your life isn't that bad, just look at these poor assholes.'
A Holocaust survivor could be talking about their time as a heroine-addicted sex-slave with AIDS and I'd still get annoyed when they start talking about their feelings and how hopeless and desperate they felt. Appeals to sympathy or guilt tend to annoy or at least bemuse me, virtually regardless of the person or situation in question. My amusement, by contrast, is of a far more uncivilized sort of barbarism, in keeping with my own relative status as an uncultured plebeian swine--harsh, brutal violence. The more undignified, sudden, and harsh the death, the more I laugh. It likely stems from my tendency to trivialize and dismiss virtually all types of tragedy (particularly the physical) as you may have noticed with my instinctive reaction to laugh and joke about the deadly incident that occurred yesterday, miles from me. 

I'm really not sure what that says about me, but I can't really bring myself to care beyond restraining myself enough to protect my career.
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Vinylshadow Wed Jan 07, 2015 5:30 pm

Everything is funny when it happens to someone else
Vinylshadow
Vinylshadow
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Whiskey Rebellion Wed Jan 07, 2015 5:30 pm

Stringtheory wrote:Don't stick your dick in crazy/Don't let crazy stick their dick in you...
That's a myth devised by the bourgeois so that they would get all the hypest sex.

Harmony Ltd. wrote:Oh, don't worry, that dwarf is pretty much 100% into womens.

Also into indoor gardening, but that's another story.
Indoor gardening? I detect some repressed feelings.
Whiskey Rebellion
Whiskey Rebellion
Earth Pony

Back to top Go down

Post by Vinylshadow Wed Jan 07, 2015 5:36 pm

Oh, but the uv light scan is definitely worth it though

"The ceiling fan's a cute story..."
Vinylshadow
Vinylshadow
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Whiskey Rebellion Wed Jan 07, 2015 5:42 pm

Vinylshadow wrote:Oh, but the uv light scan is definitely worth it though

I have a hard time imagining what a theoretical BDSM brothel would look like under a UV. Depends how extreme it got, I guess.
Whiskey Rebellion
Whiskey Rebellion
Earth Pony

Back to top Go down

Post by Vinylshadow Wed Jan 07, 2015 5:43 pm

Whiskey Rebellion wrote:
Vinylshadow wrote:Oh, but the uv light scan is definitely worth it though

I have a hard time imagining what a theoretical BDSM brothel would look like under a UV. Depends how extreme it got, I guess.

._.

o_o

O_O

@_@

x_x

Or something along those lines, I imagine
Vinylshadow
Vinylshadow
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Wed Jan 07, 2015 6:06 pm

swicked wrote:
Whiskey Rebellion wrote:I'd bet a lot of money that psychopaths are hardcore in their bed.
There's certainly a lot more cleanup...
Problem solved.
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 07, 2015 6:16 pm

Came across some badass art yesterday. I'd link the tumblr post that shows some of the finer details like the ones on the gun hanging from the dash but the tumblr is NSFW.

http://feguimel.deviantart.com/art/comm-Ryuu-Fairlane-503209529?q=gallery%3Afeguimel%2F233607818qo=3

@Frost re: Pokemon designs

There's over 700 of them it's not really all that surprising that some of them are bad. But there's 700 of them chances are you can come up with 6 that suit you.

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Wed Jan 07, 2015 6:21 pm

I'd like a PM to that Tumblr, if you don't mind. That art's pretty awesome.

Regarding Pokemon, I have little interest in exploring any of the 700 designs. I meant my earlier 'compliment' in absolute sarcasm--I don't like the games and have no interest whatsoever in playing it or delving further into its backstory--especially considering that, as far as visuals go, its most hardcore monster has anime bug-eyes with angry eyebrows instead of ordinary ones.
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 07, 2015 6:25 pm

Sent it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 30 of 31 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31  Next