Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

+20
Craterfist
Aonee
Harmony Ltd.
Penby
iLateralGX
Kattlarv
O. Hinds
Stringtheory
CamoBadger
Tytan
Scyto Harmony
Katarn
RoboRed
Valikdu
Admiral Stoic Rum
StoneSlinger88
Moodyman90
OneMoreDaySK
Ironmonger
Scienza
24 posters

Page 30 of 31 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31  Next

Go down

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 30 Empty Re: [Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

Post by Aonee Thu Feb 20, 2014 11:21 pm

Last wrote:
Moodyman90 wrote:Oh my friend Kidney is gonna get a kick out of that one.

...And you say she's just a friend.

Sorry, couldn't decide if that was funny or just stupid. Decided to bet on telling the joke.
Well, last time I checked, Moody did get her something for Valentine's.
[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 30 Tennanteyebrowwaggle
Aonee
Aonee
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 98

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 30 Empty Re: [Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

Post by Moodyman90 Thu Feb 20, 2014 11:45 pm

Well, one can hope eh?
Been talking to her for a few years now, but currently a relationship of any kind is stalled till either I head out West towards Arizona, or she feels up for a trip East towards Georgia. I almost took a trip over there a few years ago as a post spring semester/pre-summer work period, birthday trip for Phoenix Comic-con, but she went into surgery for her kidney transplant right before May and was in and out of the hospital for three or four months. A phone call here and there lasting only a few minutes let me know she was okay.

We me actually getting a degree and able to graduate from college in a fashion I may attempt the trip again, but that's up in the air for the moment.
Moodyman90
Moodyman90
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 163

Character List:
Name: Moody Blues/ Moodstone
Sex: Male/ Male
Species: Earth Pony/ Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Stringtheory Thu Feb 20, 2014 11:48 pm

Moodyman90 wrote:Well, one can hope eh?
Been talking to her for a few years now, but currently a relationship of any kind is stalled till either I head out West towards Arizona, or she feels up for a trip East towards Georgia. I almost took a trip over there a few years ago as a post spring semester/pre-summer work period, birthday trip for Phoenix Comic-con, but she went into surgery for her kidney transplant right before May and was in and out of the hospital for three or four months. A phone call here and there lasting only a few minutes let me know she was okay.

We me actually getting a degree and able to graduate from college in a fashion I may attempt the trip again, but that's up in the air for the moment.
Long-distance relationships sure are terrible...
Stringtheory
Stringtheory
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 97

Back to top Go down

Post by Scyto Harmony Thu Feb 20, 2014 11:53 pm

Moodyman90 wrote: she went into surgery for her kidney transplant

Was this before or after her nickname?
Scyto Harmony
Scyto Harmony
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 155

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by CamoBadger Fri Feb 21, 2014 12:16 am

Moodyman90 wrote:Well, one can hope eh?

I know this pain. I hope you defeat this pain.
CamoBadger
CamoBadger
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 588

Back to top Go down

Post by Moodyman90 Fri Feb 21, 2014 12:24 am

She's been KidneyFail for as long as I've known her, and even after getting a working one in her she likes the name. The surgery was in 2012 and I've known her since 2010.
Told me that one time somebody went all political correct white knight on her because "using the name KidneyFail is offensive and is making fun of people suffering from failing organs." They promptly shut up when she told them that both her kidneys where barely working at 25% so yes her kidneys has failed.

Yes it sucked, and even with the transplant she'll never been at 100%, but she doesn't let that get her down and she's doing the best she can a day at a time.

Though for a while after the surgery she went by TriKidney and Kidn3yfail since they normally don't take the other kidneys out when they put the other in. Some other medical complications later causing them to take one out. Thus robbing her of her dream of someday being Quadkidney on the off chance she lives long enough to need another transplant and either something happened to her brother, who did the awesome thing and donated his kidney, so they can take his other kidney or her sister offers up one of hers.

Obviously I know her real name, but much like how for the longest time I didn't go by Braxtal due to the incompetence of people in general (a story/rant for later), her first name has caused her some frustration and unlike me she didn't have "normal" middle names or a last name as versatile as mine. So she's pretty much cool with and prefers me to call her Kidney.
Moodyman90
Moodyman90
Draconequus

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Stringtheory Fri Feb 21, 2014 12:29 am

Moodyman90 wrote:but much like how for the longest time I didn't go by Braxtal due to the incompetence of people in general (a story/rant for later)
Rule of the internet: if you bring up a story you have to tell it, NO EXCEPTIONS.  Queen Pinkie Pie 
Stringtheory
Stringtheory
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 97

Back to top Go down

Post by Moodyman90 Fri Feb 21, 2014 1:01 am

Not really much to tell other than the school system I went to growing up was incompetent. 

First and foremost, whoever put my name in the school system typed Draxtal instead of Braxtal. I'm fairly certain some kind of legal document with a person given birth name is required when registering for anything, but nope. They misheard Braxtal as Draxtal and so till fuckin' high school when they finally fixed the damn thing my name would be Draxtal on class roles.

And so, from Kindergarten till 8th or 9th grade, on the first day of class or whenever we had a sub, I got to look forward to the teacher stopping in the middle of role call, get a puzzled look on their face and from their mouth would come forth *deep breath* Baxter, Draxten, Baxton, Brandon(?), Brenton, Baxon, Bratal, and various others that was pretty much them throwing up words starting with B or D that they thought would be my name.
Is it any wonder I was more than happy to go by my first middle name of Andrew? By high school I would recognize the look on the teachers face when they got to me and just say "Just call me Andrew, don't even try to say what's there."
My high school diploma has Braxtal as my first name, but they knew damn well to call me Andrew when I went up there.

Cue college, where my first class was U.S. History 2 at 8 AM sharp on Monday. I'm sitting there as the professor goes through all the names and he gets to the Ms where I know it's only a matter of time before..

"Braxtal Moody?"  ..... I'm here.

And after almost 6 years of college, after all the different classes I've taken with different professors, some of them barely able to speak English thanks to accents so thick they might as well have been speaking their native language, I have yet to meet one who hasn't been able to correctly say my name on the first try.

Fuck. My. Old. School system.
Moodyman90
Moodyman90
Draconequus

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by StoneSlinger88 Fri Feb 21, 2014 1:32 am

I feel you Moody. My last name is four letters in, apparently, an alien language to 95% of people I come across.
StoneSlinger88
StoneSlinger88
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 47

Character List:
Name: Judge
Sex: Male
Species: Earth Pony

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Fri Feb 21, 2014 1:35 am

My name is Jared, so it's a pretty common one, just an uncommon spelling where I live. However, while everyone always pronounces my name the same, they usually spell it "Jarod". Eventually, whenever I saw that, I was thinking "I'm going to fucking kill someone."

Ironmonger
Daemon Prince of Bad Puns

Brohoof! : 290

Character List:
Name: Cast Iron
Sex: Male
Species: Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Scyto Harmony Fri Feb 21, 2014 1:55 am

Moodyman90 wrote:"Braxtal Moody?" 

Is your last name really Moody? Because I don't care what you think of it, you have the most hype name I've ever seen.

My whole life nobody can decide what variation of my name to call me. I answer to all Dan, Danny, and Daniel's that people use (sometimes using two different ones in a single conversation).
Scyto Harmony
Scyto Harmony
Draconequus

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Katarn Fri Feb 21, 2014 2:18 am

@Scyto
You can ask them to call you Dean.

No offence.
I have no such problems though.People call me Evgen or Evgeniy. Friends, family and those I'm in good relationship with call me Zhenya.
Katarn
Katarn
Soviet Bastard

Brohoof! : 351

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by CamoBadger Fri Feb 21, 2014 2:21 am

I've just accepted that nobody knows how to say my name, nobody knows how to remember my name, and nobody will ever get it right unless I write it down and say it 5 times.
This is my life.
CamoBadger
CamoBadger
Royal Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Scyto Harmony Fri Feb 21, 2014 2:32 am

@Katarn
If I can legitimately use 'Dean' as a shortform for Daniel I will be so happy.

Scyto Harmony
Scyto Harmony
Draconequus

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Katarn Fri Feb 21, 2014 5:12 am

I'm at work atm.
It's calm here, people working, almost no traffic. Stores are open.
So I'd say everything going to be okay (on fucked up level of okay, but still).
Katarn
Katarn
Soviet Bastard

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Aonee Fri Feb 21, 2014 8:33 am

My name was originally Madison, but I kinda got fed up with being the only boy Madison seemingly in existence, so I started going by Max. Got my name legally changed to it over the past summer. 
Of course, the school system still took until like 4 weeks into the year to change my name on the records, cause someone filed the paper work away instead of actually don't anything with it.
Aonee
Aonee
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 98

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by OneMoreDaySK Fri Feb 21, 2014 9:16 am

*looks at name discussion*
*laughs*

Funny thing is, my name is actually made of three very common names. Problem is that two of the three are from another language, and living in a more or less English community results in spending about a half hour every new school year having the teachers try to pronounce it. Only ones in primary education able to do so were ones who could speak the language fluently, or were veterans of that war. There was this one persistent professor that really wanted to get everyone's name right, so mine managed to delay classes at one point.
OneMoreDaySK
OneMoreDaySK
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 56

Character List:
Name: Alouette
Sex: Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 21, 2014 9:21 am

My last name gets messed up all the time.

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Fri Feb 21, 2014 10:15 am

OneMoreDaySK wrote:*looks at name discussion*
*laughs*

Funny thing is, my name is actually made of three very common names. Problem is that two of the three are from another language, and living in a more or less English community results in spending about a half hour every new school year having the teachers try to pronounce it. Only ones in primary education able to do so were ones who could speak the language fluently, or were veterans of that war. There was this one persistent professor that really wanted to get everyone's name right, so mine managed to delay classes at one point.
Got Indochinese (Vietnam-Laos-Cambodge) origins?
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 543

Back to top Go down

Post by CamoBadger Fri Feb 21, 2014 10:19 am

huehuehuehuehue
[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 30 Tumblr_n1b673aZ5d1snwcf6o1_1280
CamoBadger
CamoBadger
Royal Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by OneMoreDaySK Fri Feb 21, 2014 10:35 am

Harmony Ltd. wrote:
OneMoreDaySK wrote:*looks at name discussion*
*laughs*

Funny thing is, my name is actually made of three very common names. Problem is that two of the three are from another language, and living in a more or less English community results in spending about a  half hour every new school year having the teachers try to pronounce it. Only ones in primary education able to do so were ones who could speak the language fluently, or were veterans of that war. There was this one persistent professor that really wanted to get everyone's name right, so mine managed to delay classes at one point.
Got Indochinese (Vietnam-Laos-Cambodge) origins?

Look at me trying to be vague, and someone gets it in the first try.
Closest I can get to an explanation is that you need to use a triphthong. Diphthongs are hard enough for some people, so this is a tad bit harder.
OneMoreDaySK
OneMoreDaySK
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 56

Character List:
Name: Alouette
Sex: Female

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Fri Feb 21, 2014 10:40 am

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 30 555425__animated_suggestive_meme_screencap_image+macro_lyra_lyra+heartstrings_filli+vanilli_spoiler-colon-s04e14_noteworthy
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 717

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Tytan Fri Feb 21, 2014 10:42 am

God that's adorable.:
Tytan
Tytan
The Great Bait Hunter

Brohoof! : 429

Character List:
Name: Clock / Viktor
Sex: Female / Male
Species: Unicorn / Sand Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by CamoBadger Fri Feb 21, 2014 10:42 am

RoboRed wrote:[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 30 555425__animated_suggestive_meme_screencap_image+macro_lyra_lyra+heartstrings_filli+vanilli_spoiler-colon-s04e14_noteworthy
You get away from her you blue bastard.
She's one of my waifu harem.
CamoBadger
CamoBadger
Royal Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by CamoBadger Fri Feb 21, 2014 10:53 am

Tytan wrote:
God that's adorable.:
This is undoubtably Pokemon logic.
super awesome mega badass pokemon could destroy world with little effort? Look at this yummy snack. Now back at the pokemon, it is now a puppy.
CamoBadger
CamoBadger
Royal Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Fri Feb 21, 2014 11:00 am

also in camo's waifu harem:
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Moodyman90 Fri Feb 21, 2014 11:06 am

Since I'm probably never gonna find another time to post this.

Spoiler:

The trigger word was Waifu. I don't remember how I came across that, but it popped into mind when Camo said that word.
Moodyman90
Moodyman90
Draconequus

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Katarn Fri Feb 21, 2014 11:17 am

selfbait:
Katarn
Katarn
Soviet Bastard

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by CamoBadger Fri Feb 21, 2014 11:20 am

RoboRed wrote:
also in camo's waifu harem:
You know it.
CamoBadger
CamoBadger
Royal Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Fri Feb 21, 2014 11:28 am

Oh god, we're all doomed: http://evil-dec0y.deviantart.com/art/Pond-emonium-435428640
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 30 of 31 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31  Next