Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Need Youtube Help

3 posters

Go down

Need Youtube Help Empty Need Youtube Help

Post by jacky2734 Sun Sep 22, 2013 5:13 pm

If there are any youtube experts on this forum, I could use your help.

I've been having troubles trying to view videos lately. Here are the conditions:

• My internet speed is dismal.
  • I'm running Windows 8 and Using Chrome.

Here's my problems:

• The videos will only buffer about a minute's worth before stopping, so the video eventually has to stop in order to buffer another minute's worth of the video.
  • The video will try to go to a lower resolution setting even after I manually set it to the one I want and then will lock out the resolution option I want to view it on. For example, I set it to 360p, but after awhile, it will go to the 144p and not allow me to reset it to 360p, even though my computer's powerful enough to run it.

So, what I want to know is if anybody knows if there's a way to set so the full video buffers and disables that automatic resolution switch thing?
jacky2734
jacky2734
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 36

Character List:
Name: Kage/Searing Willow
Sex: male/male
Species: Gryphon/Deer

Back to top Go down

Need Youtube Help Empty Re: Need Youtube Help

Post by Scyto Harmony Sun Sep 22, 2013 5:34 pm

As far as the video quality, try going to youtube settings, the option to set the video to the best quality for your internet speed may be turned on.

As far as the buffering, that might just be a connection issue. Back when I had terribly connectivity I had the same problem.
Scyto Harmony
Scyto Harmony
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 155

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Sun Sep 22, 2013 5:40 pm

jacky2734 wrote:
  • The video will try to go to a lower resolution setting even after I manually set it to the one I want and then will lock out the resolution option I want to view it on. For example, I set it to 360p, but after awhile, it will go to the 144p and not allow me to reset it to 360p, even though my computer's powerful enough to run it.
The Captain Obvious solution I have adopted when that problem happen is : refresh the page (F5 key, or the circling arrows in the URL bar of the browser), and set the video navigation cursor back to point of the video you want to watch.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 543

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down