Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I keep getting booted out.

3 posters

Go down

I keep getting booted out. Empty I keep getting booted out.

Post by cb5 Fri Sep 13, 2013 4:44 pm

Is anyone else having this problem? At first it was just annoying, but now it's really starting to annoy me cause every few odd posts or whenever I try to edit a post the system kicks me out and I have to relog on. I use ubuntu and firefox, but I don't know why it's doing this.
cb5
cb5
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 19

Back to top Go down

I keep getting booted out. Empty Re: I keep getting booted out.

Post by Tytan Fri Sep 13, 2013 5:03 pm

cb5 wrote: ubuntu and firefox
I keep getting booted out. Found_the_problem
Seriously though, I haven't got a clue.
Tytan
Tytan
The Great Bait Hunter

Brohoof! : 429

Character List:
Name: Clock / Viktor
Sex: Female / Male
Species: Unicorn / Sand Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by Formis_Fluttergod Fri Sep 13, 2013 5:20 pm

Now that's just weird, try checking Cookies settings, not sure what else could affect your login session like that.
You could always try installing Opera (or whatever Linux browser comes to your mind) and login from there, just so you know if it's just Firefox or not.

I have Fedora and Firefox and no problems. I know it's not the same, but close enough. Spike 
Formis_Fluttergod
Formis_Fluttergod
Ursa Major

Brohoof! : 71

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by cb5 Fri Sep 13, 2013 5:35 pm

Formis_Fluttergod wrote:Now that's just weird, try checking Cookies settings, not sure what else could affect your login session like that.
You could always try installing Opera (or whatever Linux browser comes to your mind) and login from there, just so you know if it's just Firefox or not.

I have Fedora and Firefox and no problems. I know it's not the same, but close enough. Spike 
Derpibooru did this once too.  I think the problem they had was that the servers' login kept forgetting ubuntu users were already logged in.  I think the way ubuntu users eventually got back online was they updated java.

Damn, it did it again while writting this in chrome.  This isn't as bad as the time as my college's internet service accidentally kept booting linux users out of the system, and there went the entire second floor for programmer's servers.  That was bad cause dozens of classes had to go home that day cause no one could use anything.

I'll try force updating my computer and see if that works.
cb5
cb5
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Formis_Fluttergod Fri Sep 13, 2013 6:34 pm

cb5 wrote:Damn, it did it again while writting this in chrome.  This isn't as bad as the time as my college's internet service accidentally kept booting linux users out of the system, and there went the entire second floor for programmer's servers.  That was bad cause dozens of classes had to go home that day cause no one could use anything.

I'll try force updating my computer and see if that works.
Ouch, it's is a good thing in such cases to have dual boot of Linux and Windows so that you can at least use Win, even if it can be pain in the ass (unless you gotta do something exclusively Linux-based that can't be done on Windows).
Formis_Fluttergod
Formis_Fluttergod
Ursa Major

Brohoof! : 71

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by cb5 Thu Sep 19, 2013 1:26 am

I think the problem whatever it was is fixed. I don't know if it was something with my computer or that the site needed to be updated though.
cb5
cb5
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum