Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

+19
TalixZero
Meleagridis
Admiral Stoic Rum
Moodyman90
tylertoon2
Scyto Harmony
iLateralGX
Kattlarv
Valikdu
Tytan
Derpmind
Ironmonger
Kippershy
Katarn
CamoBadger
Frost
RoboRed
O. Hinds
Harmony Ltd.
23 posters

Page 29 of 31 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30, 31  Next

Go down

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 29 Empty Re: [Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

Post by Frost Mon Aug 26, 2013 12:31 pm

This seems quasi-relevant somehow:

Frost
Frost
Crazed Gun-Toting 'Murican

Brohoof! : 503

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 29 Empty Re: [Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

Post by Scyto Harmony Mon Aug 26, 2013 12:37 pm

swicked wrote:What's everyone else's school schedule look like?
My schedule is; To spend the next year regretting not going to post-secondary. And, probably, frying things.

@Tytan; Oh, and excellent colouring job on that bait.
Scyto Harmony
Scyto Harmony
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 155

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by cb5 Mon Aug 26, 2013 12:37 pm

Harmony Ltd. wrote:
Tytan wrote:I kinda subscribe to the theory that a machine may be able to perfectly imitate intelligence, but stupidity is humanity's domain.
Indeed. The thing you have to remember with machines is that, unless you are talking about self-aware AI, their key aspect is that they only do what you've told them to do ; as loyal and eager to please as a family dog. The problem lies in what you asked them to do and how they were programmed to do it.

I can ask my computer to compute the 10^100th decimal of Pi and it'll do it, but depending on what algorithm I gave it to do that it'll take more or less time to do it, and even with the best of algorithms it'll be constrained by how fast its hardware can compute.

Or hell, take a modern airplane. There's stories to be told about the various navigational & security systems that they got on-board these days. And even with how sophisticated and useful they are, there's a reason why "human error" is still a very large proportion of the reasons behind crashes.

By The Book. That's a machine's motto.
You're forgetting Ai's that learn to adapt.  There are Ai's out there that rather than doing things by the number learn to adapt using what it's already programmed with as a basis for more situations.  Like one car company is heavily investing in robots to assemble cars completely and with no human intervention.  The problem is that their current machines can only do so much and it still requires human intervention.  What they are looking at is to replace humans 100% completely on the factory floor.  In the long run even with the massive amount of money invested having a machine work 24/7/365 is cheaper because you don't have to play a machine salary, healthcare and medical leave.
Downside: A ton of factory workers are going to lose their jobs.  Upside: Merchandise is going to cost a lot cheaper in the future.

Some companies are looking at making robotic surgeons cause the few robots they have performed medical surgery do it faster, more accurately and having a robot work for you is much cheaper than paying a surgeon 100k a year. Basically a real life auto-doc.
Downside: A ton of doctors are goign to lose their jobs. Upside: MUCH cheaper medical surgeries.
cb5
cb5
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 19

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Mon Aug 26, 2013 12:46 pm

My bluetooth keyboard that I ordered for my phone arrived.

I am happy.Twilight Sparkle
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 717

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Mon Aug 26, 2013 12:52 pm

The thing CB is that I was specifically speaking of non-AI systems.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 543

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 26, 2013 1:19 pm

Scyto Harmony wrote:
swicked wrote:What's everyone else's school schedule look like?
My schedule is; To spend the next year regretting not going to post-secondary. And, probably, frying things.

@Tytan; Oh, and excellent colouring job on that bait.
Frying things isn't too bad Scyto, just gotta be careful and keep burn cream close.

Back to top Go down

Post by cb5 Mon Aug 26, 2013 1:31 pm

Harmony Ltd. wrote:The thing CB is that I was specifically speaking of non-AI systems.
Oh whoops. Personally I think in the future we're going to have Ai for pretty much everything. Think about it, rather than if something went wrong with your computer having to go through a millions different diagnoses and have to fix it wouldn't it just be easier to have a backup partition with a diagnosis program capable of going through guessing what the problem is, look up known issues on the internet and not strictly follow the order to fix it, but use as a loose guideline.

Creative Ai's are probably going to be the next big thing in the future, like if it's driving your car and there's a accident straight out of final destination even though it's not programmed how to evade a cut down tree flying at your car window it jerk the car sideways, jerk the car 180 to avoid the tanker, floor it to avoid it barreling down the road and wait till it's safe to stop the car.
cb5
cb5
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 26, 2013 2:17 pm

Harmony Ltd. wrote:The thing CB is that I was specifically speaking of non-AI systems.
One thing, though - how are we defining AI? Because the level of AI we already have - not "true AI" by most definitions - do the learning thing already. IIRC we've been using them for things like underwater mine detection, and I believe there was a prototype algorithm that could spot tumors in scans with a significantly higher rate of success than doctors. Imagine my irritation a few years ago that developing machine intelligence by having them learn the way humans learn - trial and error plus reinforcement - was pretty much old hat.

The idea that machines can never feel empathy comes from seeing empathy and other aspects of human consciousness/humanity as magical, ephemeral things beyond the possibility of understanding or replication, because we are special in an undefinable way compared to every single other piece of the universe (unless there are magical aliens out there, too). If the effect of empathy arises from understandable processes - even if they're at the level of quantum shenanigans - it can be replicated. Mind you, that is still technically an "if."

@Hinds
Eeyup.

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Mon Aug 26, 2013 2:35 pm

If me and Iron ran a news program:

Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Mon Aug 26, 2013 3:27 pm

Gotta love teleprompters.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 543

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 26, 2013 3:57 pm

Happy birthday Guard.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 26, 2013 3:59 pm

Hwah? Happy birthday Guard! Unless this is a cunning trick to get us to dance like puppets on the part of Last, in which case, well played, Last! But otherwise, have a nice one!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 26, 2013 4:02 pm

Thank yalli t's been pretty good so far.

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Mon Aug 26, 2013 4:03 pm

Happy spewn-from-your-mother's-taint-day, Guard
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Moodyman90 Mon Aug 26, 2013 4:04 pm

Happy birthday Guard!
Moodyman90
Moodyman90
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 163

Character List:
Name: Moody Blues/ Moodstone
Sex: Male/ Male
Species: Earth Pony/ Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Mon Aug 26, 2013 4:20 pm

Happy birthday, Guard! I sent you something on Skype.
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 26, 2013 4:24 pm

Thanks, y'all for the birthday wishes. I'll check Skype once I get home.Robo.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 26, 2013 4:28 pm

swicked wrote:Random though: what if, instead of the alicorn amulet, Trixie had found, bought and put on Majora's Mask?

Gezz, wouldn't that of been awesome? X)
Maybe? I don't really like Trixie myself but the Alicorn amulet corrupts but from what I remember Majora's mask takes over. So if you would've preferred the episode consist of her not being herself at all then yeah I guess it would've been awesome.

I haven't played Majora's mask in a very long time though so I could be completely mistaken on how it operates.

Last edited by Last on Mon Aug 26, 2013 4:41 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Tytan Mon Aug 26, 2013 4:40 pm

trixie bait:
Tytan
Tytan
The Great Bait Hunter

Brohoof! : 429

Character List:
Name: Clock / Viktor
Sex: Female / Male
Species: Unicorn / Sand Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 26, 2013 4:51 pm

swicked wrote:I dunno, I just have this appealing image of her in my head being entirely corrupted by the wholly evil artifact and Twilight having to find a way to stop the moon and... just stuff.
...I may have eaten too much sugar.

Anyway, happy birthday,  guard.
Any birthday wishes?
That I get to go home early from work? That's about all I can think of for a birthday wishes.

Back to top Go down

Post by Valikdu Mon Aug 26, 2013 5:16 pm

The Chaos Engine Soldiers of Fortune is going to be released on Steam.

Yes, this one.

Valikdu
Valikdu
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 192

Character List:
Name: Ion Storm
Sex: Female
Species: First One

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Mon Aug 26, 2013 5:39 pm

Ah, a happy birthday to you.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Brohoof! : 383

Character List:
Name: Ris Haends Aeronauticus
Sex: Male
Species: Zebra

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Mon Aug 26, 2013 5:45 pm

Birthday wishes for the birthday wishes god! Crazy

Ironmonger
Daemon Prince of Bad Puns

Brohoof! : 290

Character List:
Name: Cast Iron
Species: Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Admiral Stoic Rum Mon Aug 26, 2013 5:54 pm

have nice sex dreams guard!
Admiral Stoic Rum
Admiral Stoic Rum
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 83

Character List:
Name: Dr. Painkiller
Species: Pony

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Mon Aug 26, 2013 5:58 pm

^ What he said.Luna
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Katarn Mon Aug 26, 2013 5:59 pm

I'll just leave it here:

Congratz, Guard.
Katarn
Katarn
Soviet Bastard

Brohoof! : 351

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Valikdu Mon Aug 26, 2013 6:24 pm

Guarddogjr wrote:
swicked wrote:I dunno, I just have this appealing image of her in my head being entirely corrupted by the wholly evil artifact and Twilight having to find a way to stop the moon and... just stuff.
...I may have eaten too much sugar.

Anyway, happy birthday,  guard.
Any birthday wishes?
That I get to go home early from work? That's about all I can think of for a birthday wishes.
Here's a pony made out of diamonds.

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 29 0099f303-ba1f-4bb1-9a02-5b395f93e7e4
Valikdu
Valikdu
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 192

Character List:
Name: Ion Storm
Sex: Female
Species: First One

Back to top Go down

Post by Katarn Mon Aug 26, 2013 6:28 pm

Pony made of diamonds?
[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 29 Butt_stallion_revised_by_pixelkitties-d66wkgn
Katarn
Katarn
Soviet Bastard

Brohoof! : 351

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by cb5 Mon Aug 26, 2013 7:06 pm

Heck yeah I just finished up setting my internet, 1.5mbps. The only problem is that I have a download cap of 1gb a day. I'm going to relax for tonight and download all my games tomorrow by buying extra download cap points and play tomorrow with you guys instead.
cb5
cb5
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 26, 2013 7:57 pm

Hey, some of you guys like Nine Inch Nails, right?

How about 2 hours of compiled material from NIN live band rehearsals for the upcoming touring? It's got new and old songs in. (Not sure about copyright on this - NIN's historically been extremely lenient about that stuff, and by lenient I mean Trent Reznor told people to pirate all his music on Twitter and is pro-bootlegging)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 29 of 31 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30, 31  Next