Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

+18
Kattlarv
Derpmind
Meleagridis
Katarn
Kippershy
Ketchup
CamoBadger
Moodyman90
Admiral Stoic Rum
Ironmonger
Plasticube
Valikdu
RoboRed
Harmony Ltd.
StoneSlinger88
Frost
O. Hinds
cb5
22 posters

Page 28 of 31 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29, 30, 31  Next

Go down

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 28 Empty Re: [Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

Post by Katarn Wed Jul 24, 2013 12:46 pm

Dude, just listen to Rammstein. It doesn't matter what they sing about, it still sounds like they're summoning Satan. :D
Katarn
Katarn
Soviet Bastard

Brohoof! : 351

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 28 Empty Re: [Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

Post by Harmony Ltd. Wed Jul 24, 2013 12:58 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PH-MZYKE_Io
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 543

Back to top Go down

Post by Valikdu Wed Jul 24, 2013 1:36 pm

Mister Frost wrote: A few months back, I mentioned it's impossible not to sound angry in German. Adder mentioned that the German singer that, I believe, Ketchup linked to "Sounded like he's singing about his plans to invade Poland."

There's a trope for that!

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/MusicToInvadePolandTo
Valikdu
Valikdu
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 192

Character List:
Name: Ion Storm
Sex: Female
Species: First One

Back to top Go down

Post by Katarn Wed Jul 24, 2013 1:46 pm

no one likes poland:

Actually no, Poland is nice country, I have few friends from there. I wonder why Poland always get 'short stick' on 'who we will laugh at today'.

bonus:
Katarn
Katarn
Soviet Bastard

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Wed Jul 24, 2013 1:58 pm

I'm actually of Polish descent. My great grandpeeps came over from Poland around 1900, I believe. 

Luckily, that vile foreign blood has diluted enough so that I can truly call myself a god-blessed red-blooded 'Murican.
Frost
Frost
Crazed Gun-Toting 'Murican

Brohoof! : 503

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Katarn Wed Jul 24, 2013 2:02 pm

Unless you have some blood in you (and I'm not talking about transfusion, cannibalism or vamirism :D) from native 'Muricans, you're just 'that immigrant from Europe'.

Jokes away, my family name is Minovskiy (which has Polish origins) and my grandfather was from Poland..so yeah.
Katarn
Katarn
Soviet Bastard

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Wed Jul 24, 2013 2:25 pm

I actually do have Native American blood in me from my mother's side.

and, incidentally, at least one of those other sources.
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Katarn Wed Jul 24, 2013 2:53 pm

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 28 1316713879_castle_reaction
Katarn
Katarn
Soviet Bastard

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Wed Jul 24, 2013 3:00 pm

"Minovskyi"

How's your work going, on that particle you keep talking about ?
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Katarn Wed Jul 24, 2013 3:29 pm

You can ask Orm or Tytan or XT..or Camo, I guess. Kipper might answer too :D
Katarn
Katarn
Soviet Bastard

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Katarn Wed Jul 24, 2013 3:47 pm

It's if you're asking about 'talking in English' practice.
Katarn
Katarn
Soviet Bastard

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Wed Jul 24, 2013 3:50 pm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Universal_Century_technology#Minovsky_physics
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Katarn Wed Jul 24, 2013 3:52 pm

Wow...that's..interesting. Not my relative though :D
Katarn
Katarn
Soviet Bastard

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Katarn Wed Jul 24, 2013 3:54 pm

*read further into article* Gundam....?
Katarn
Katarn
Soviet Bastard

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Wed Jul 24, 2013 3:58 pm

Yes, Gundam.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Valikdu Wed Jul 24, 2013 3:59 pm

There's a trope for that!

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/MinovskyPhysics?from=Main.MinovskyParticle
Valikdu
Valikdu
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 192

Character List:
Name: Ion Storm
Sex: Female
Species: First One

Back to top Go down

Post by Katarn Wed Jul 24, 2013 4:00 pm

*headdesk* Well..okay then.
Katarn
Katarn
Soviet Bastard

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Katarn Wed Jul 24, 2013 4:01 pm

Valikdu wrote:There's a trope for that!

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/MinovskyPhysics?from=Main.MinovskyParticle

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 28 Ay29K_zps9172edc4
Katarn
Katarn
Soviet Bastard

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Wed Jul 24, 2013 4:09 pm

A good hint that you've been troping too much is when you start speaking in tropes. Like just last week, when my friend asked me what the hell I meant by 'leather-pantsing' the villains
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 24, 2013 4:23 pm

@Harmony
Yay Ponies has archives of episodes and comics and books and stuff, though they haven't gotten the latest one yet. I think read.idwpublishing.com got crashed, incidentally. =P None of the thumbnails for the comics are loading. This is a good sign.

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Wed Jul 24, 2013 4:35 pm

Equestria Girls on Youtube (1080p)
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Katarn Wed Jul 24, 2013 4:36 pm

Saw that already. Not as bad as I though it might be.
Katarn
Katarn
Soviet Bastard

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Moodyman90 Wed Jul 24, 2013 4:43 pm

Mister Frost wrote:A good hint that you've been troping too much is when you start speaking in tropes. Like just last week, when my friend asked me what the hell I meant by 'leather-pantsing' the villains

I successfully convinced a number of college professors that TV Tropes is a valid resource in research. If for no other reason then the fact I keep bringing up various tropes by name and they know what I'm talking about due to the context of the discussion.
Moodyman90
Moodyman90
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 163

Character List:
Name: Moody Blues/ Moodstone
Sex: Male/ Male
Species: Earth Pony/ Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Katarn Wed Jul 24, 2013 4:45 pm

Convince them, that writing papers and having TV tropes as source is good idea.
Katarn
Katarn
Soviet Bastard

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kattlarv Wed Jul 24, 2013 5:06 pm

swicked wrote:@katlarv
"another type" of "rabbit"?

Yes xP It's actually a thing x3
And yay, it appears there's piles of pages to go through... with the regular amount of discombulated random whatevers.

(Reading things) Hm... can't say that I've found anything worth reading. Well, found one decent thing, but it wouldn't be for you.

@Stone: (Enclave) It still makes little to no sense, like, what retard came up with the idea, and who even agreed? For a strict military organization, castration would possibly sound as a better, crazy idea. If on males, they'd be more level headed and able to keep their calm. If on the mares, there'd be no problem to begin with. But as said, barely anything abut that entire arc made ANY sense... PH pretty much went "fuck it!" with logic, IC and common sense chapters back, and now is rofling around.

@EP: (FoE) Eh, that's good I guess. Still kinda "meh" on ~3 things about that fic, even if it was overall really neat. Said things still ruined large chunks of it for me xP

On a side note, just curious: How many actually read my fic, and if so, what did you think of it? Would like some feedback tbh. Send with PM if you don't want to ramble on it here.

@Robo: (Liquid pride) ... quiet sure I shouldn't mention my definition of "liquid affection" xD

@Guard: (Fic) Gotta say my interest was slightly peaked with the mention of Luna, but dunno if I can dare to look xD
Though, going with Swicked's "resume", it gives me even more doubts. Could either be really interesting, or fizzle quite hard.
Kattlarv
Kattlarv
Hydra

Brohoof! : 27

Character List:
Name: Dewflower
Sex: Female-ish
Species: Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Wed Jul 24, 2013 5:12 pm

I said "liquid courage", not "liquid pride". Also, giggidy.

@"resume": it's...definitely interesting.
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 717

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Wed Jul 24, 2013 5:28 pm

Moodyman90 wrote:
Mister Frost wrote:A good hint that you've been troping too much is when you start speaking in tropes. Like just last week, when my friend asked me what the hell I meant by 'leather-pantsing' the villains

I successfully convinced a number of college professors that TV Tropes is a valid resource in research. If for no other reason then the fact I keep bringing up various tropes by name and they know what I'm talking about due to the context of the discussion.

To be fair, I've found their Useful Notes articles to be quite informative from time to time.
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Wed Jul 24, 2013 6:00 pm

Is TV Tropes interesting from times to time ? Yes.

Should you start analyzing fiction and building works upon tropes like a game of lego ? Definitely not.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Wed Jul 24, 2013 6:01 pm

Also, just finished watching watching Equestria Girls.

I liked it.

Sue me.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Wed Jul 24, 2013 6:24 pm

Guess what I found ?

Littletip Luna 
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 28 of 31 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29, 30, 31  Next