Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

+18
Kattlarv
Derpmind
Meleagridis
Katarn
Kippershy
Ketchup
CamoBadger
Moodyman90
Admiral Stoic Rum
Ironmonger
Plasticube
Valikdu
RoboRed
Harmony Ltd.
StoneSlinger88
Frost
O. Hinds
cb5
22 posters

Page 16 of 31 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 23 ... 31  Next

Go down

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 16 Empty Re: [Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

Post by Kippershy Tue Jul 16, 2013 4:14 am

O. Hinds wrote:re KSP:
Well, I build all my own ships (which has lead to some pretty successful rockets and some spaceplanes that, at one point, only managed to drive off the runway and into the sea...)... but, I must confess that, since considerable trying and failing to carry out a manual rendezvous, I have been a heavy user of MechJeb.

!!!UPDATED, BETTER VIDEO BELOW!!! (four posts down)

Dude, stop. LESSON THREE.
I used MechJeb at the very start, now I don't need it in the slightest.
Lesson three will show you the very easy way to rendezvous and though I do say in the video that I don't use RCS designs, I've SINCE used RCS only designs and they work just as well, if not a tiny little bit better because there's no switching the engines.

I'll also make a new video that's cleaner, faster and easier.

Last edited by Kippershy on Tue Jul 16, 2013 7:08 am; edited 3 times in total
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Brohoof! : 121

Character List:
Name: Crimson Wings / Cherry Sundae
Sex: Male / Female
Species: Pegasus / Unicorn

Back to top Go down

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 16 Empty Re: [Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

Post by Kippershy Tue Jul 16, 2013 4:53 am

Just filmed it, 23 minutes raw. I'll try chop down the time by speeding up any unnecessary parts if I think there's anything that can simply be sped up.
Edit: 15 minutes with editing. I'll upload the edited footage once it's been prepared.

I've sped up most of the beginning (with hilarious results!) but once it gets to the actual rendezvous, it's entirely uncut so you can see exactly what I did with every little bit that matters.
There's also some tips concerning speeds and angles in the video, which you can either ignore or listen to, but I recommend you listen to it just to see if the way you play it is as efficient (or more so, and let me know if that's the case.)
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Tue Jul 16, 2013 6:10 am

swicked wrote:So yeah, you can’t really inspire social change through hate.
Is it funny that we can all immediately agree on the same conclusion here, when the same discussion is just short of a flamewar on another forum?
I think it kinda is.
Well, take a bunch of people who are bitter enough, inject internet fuckwadery into the mix, and then... yeah, I'm not really surprised.

Let's assess the situation here... I don't think many of us in this forum / thread, if any, has ever had to be subjected to a systematic, society-wide form of oppression, and this for a significant amount of their life.

Do we ?
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 543

Back to top Go down

Post by cb5 Tue Jul 16, 2013 6:55 am

Harmony Ltd. wrote:Let's assess the situation here... I don't think many of us in this forum / thread, if any, has ever had to be subjected to a systematic, society-wide form of oppression, and this for a significant amount of their life.

Do we ?

Yes.  It sucks being bisexual and in the south.
cb5
cb5
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 19

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Tue Jul 16, 2013 7:06 am

New video is up, for anyone who wants to play KSP:

Just one thing... Asparagus staging is helpful... unless you cut the fuel-line like I accidentally did with my wing. Be SURE to check they're left uncut by final touches like wings.
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Tue Jul 16, 2013 8:02 am

Fair enough, then.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Tue Jul 16, 2013 8:38 am

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 16 Z27P2fj
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Tue Jul 16, 2013 9:35 am

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 16 993907_479275905488510_614799592_n
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 717

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Tue Jul 16, 2013 1:09 pm

http://derpiboo.ru/375759 : "Fluttershy likes to think of Discord as a fatherly figure once in awhile." => this will only end in tears
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Tue Jul 16, 2013 1:30 pm

...And I just read this not too long ago.
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Tue Jul 16, 2013 2:42 pm

http://9gag.com/gag/a8WY001

If american wrestling is alway like that, I may have to start watching it.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Tue Jul 16, 2013 2:59 pm

Spoiler:
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Tue Jul 16, 2013 4:04 pm

Kippershy wrote:
Well, I build all my own ships (which has lead to some pretty successful rockets and some spaceplanes that, at one point, only managed to drive off the runway and into the sea...)... but, I must confess that, since considerable trying and failing to carry out a manual rendezvous, I have been a heavy user of MechJeb.

Lesson three will show you the very easy way to rendezvous and though I do say in the video that I don't use RCS designs, I've SINCE used RCS only designs and they work just as well, if not a tiny little bit better because there's no switching the engines.

Kippershy wrote:Just filmed it, 23 minutes raw. I'll try chop down the time by speeding up any unnecessary parts if I think there's anything that can simply be sped up.
Edit: 15 minutes with editing. I'll upload the edited footage once it's been prepared.

I've sped up most of the beginning (with hilarious results!) but once it gets to the actual rendezvous, it's entirely uncut so you can see exactly what I did with every little bit that matters.
There's also some tips concerning speeds and angles in the video, which you can either ignore or listen to, but I recommend you listen to it just to see if the way you play it is as efficient (or more so, and let me know if that's the case.)
Thanks for the advice. Today is rather busy (I've got to make a call to the bank, pack for the trip I'm taking tomorrow, read over something for my RPG group...), but I'll see if I can fit this in.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Brohoof! : 383

Character List:
Name: Ris Haends Aeronauticus
Sex: Male
Species: Zebra

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Tue Jul 16, 2013 4:41 pm

americannewstelevision.avi

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C76T9_fThH0
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Tue Jul 16, 2013 4:55 pm

O. Hinds wrote:
Kippershy wrote:

Kippershy wrote:Just filmed it, 23 minutes raw. I'll try chop down the time by speeding up any unnecessary parts if I think there's anything that can simply be sped up.

Thanks for the advice.  Today is rather busy (I've got to make a call to the bank, pack for the trip I'm taking tomorrow, read over something for my RPG group...), but I'll see if I can fit this in.

Ignore that video, go to this one instead:

Kippershy wrote:New video is up, for anyone who wants to play KSP:

Just one thing... Asparagus staging is helpful... unless you cut the fuel-line like I accidentally did with my wing. Be SURE to check they're left uncut by final touches like wings.

It covers docking in a much more hassle free way (not having to use dual engines, instead using RCS which is much more weight efficient and compact), cuts down on the time you need to spend watching the video, shows a small amount of how to easily reach orbit with plenty of fuel to spare on a lightweight vehicle, how to get an efficient passing point with little delta-V required to finalise the move and like the point of it all is... how to dock, very easily.
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Valikdu Tue Jul 16, 2013 6:37 pm

Well, I seem to have no more big problems with achieving an orbit.
Now I'll get some bananas and TO THE MOOOOOOON
Valikdu
Valikdu
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 192

Character List:
Name: Ion Storm
Sex: Female
Species: First One

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Tue Jul 16, 2013 7:03 pm

Again, offer stands to any and all who want my advice or help with general or specific topics.
I can make videos (and remake them so they're a lot shorter and better) as desired or I can write out advice if that's preferred. I like the idea of being able to help others, especially with something like KSP.
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Tue Jul 16, 2013 7:45 pm

The new Whose Line Is It Anyway starts tonight. Yay!Fluttershy 
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Moodyman90 Tue Jul 16, 2013 7:52 pm

I've quit sending giant exploding sticks of doom that rain down upon my space center even if they work for a while and been messing with Rovers.

Currently have a four wheel design, two batteries and enough solar panels that as long as there's sunlight it never runs out of power.

I mean, a solar panel could break off and the others could keep the thing going till night without draining the battery.
Moodyman90
Moodyman90
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 163

Character List:
Name: Moody Blues/ Moodstone
Sex: Male/ Male
Species: Earth Pony/ Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 16, 2013 8:00 pm

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Tue Jul 16, 2013 8:01 pm

IT BEGINS
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Tue Jul 16, 2013 8:16 pm

I suddenly feel bad for Roman
[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 16 Tumblr_mq1qvnOUTK1r5wqeno1_500
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Tue Jul 16, 2013 8:25 pm

Can't sleep and quite frankly don't want to sleep.
Cure for it?
Nab out another bottle of cider, crack it open, put some mini pizza style baguettes in the oven and kick back.
Damn heat.

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 16 Fuckth10
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Tue Jul 16, 2013 8:28 pm

Mmmm...cider...
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Katarn Tue Jul 16, 2013 8:33 pm

Screw you, Kipp <.<

Katarn
Katarn
Soviet Bastard

Brohoof! : 351

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Tue Jul 16, 2013 8:36 pm

I fucking hate the heat. I'm happy in 0-3c!
Though I am drinking Pear cider with cherry and apple.
...you can guess why I bought it, right?
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Katarn Tue Jul 16, 2013 8:41 pm

Go to 24h store and buy some sundae. Spike 
Katarn
Katarn
Soviet Bastard

Brohoof! : 351

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Tue Jul 16, 2013 8:46 pm

...I could.
Thing is, they don't stock Cherry Sundae's, just boring old strawberry ones (IIRC).
I really wish I could find a cherry sundae somewhere.
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Tue Jul 16, 2013 10:00 pm

>humidity
Fuck this hard
[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 16 Fuckth11
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Quotidian Tue Jul 16, 2013 10:12 pm

Oh, you're so cute.

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 16 Weathe10
Quotidian
Quotidian
Earth Pony

Brohoof! : 49

Character List:
Name: Drifter
Sex: Male
Species: Pegasus

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 16 of 31 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 23 ... 31  Next