Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Royal Equestrian Armored Division

+7
Fuzzy
StoneSlinger88
Ketchup
OBS.GS.§S
Harmony Ltd.
Valikdu
RoboRed
11 posters

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Royal Equestrian Armored Division - Page 2 Empty Re: Royal Equestrian Armored Division

Post by RoboRed Thu May 15, 2014 1:17 am

http://warthunder.com/en/news/586-Server-maintenance-0730-GMT-to-1230-GMT-en

War Thunder tanks enters open beta soon.

Prepare thy bodies.
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 717

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Royal Equestrian Armored Division - Page 2 Empty Re: Royal Equestrian Armored Division

Post by Harmony Ltd. Thu May 15, 2014 3:56 am

Mine body ist ready, ja.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 543

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Wed May 21, 2014 12:28 am

What is this strange feeling I'm having?...

...Can it be..."fun"?

I like this feeling.

Seriously, though, once you get past the starting tanks (the PzIIC and the T-26 are unacceptably horrible pieces of ass and scrap metal), the rest of the game is great. There's a little bit of a learning curve compared to WoT, but it's worth it. Just about every kill is satisfying.

Also, I <3 StugIIIA.
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ketchup Wed May 21, 2014 7:07 am

It's very mechanically sound so far. Shells can pass right through a tank and do nothing or a lot, depending on where. The T-28 is a beast because shells can pass through it or get absorbed by destroyed modules, and the crew just doesn't all die at once.
Weak spots are where they should be. Guns and viewports. Only way to kill a Stug from the front.
Researching the KV now. Already have the T-50 and its ridiculous armour profile.
Ketchup
Ketchup
The Condiment

Brohoof! : 114

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by StoneSlinger88 Wed May 21, 2014 2:28 pm

So they're using the same system for their tanks they use for their airplanes? That sounds... Amazing. Like how vehicle warfare should be.
StoneSlinger88
StoneSlinger88
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 47

Character List:
Name: Judge
Sex: Male
Species: Earth Pony

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Wed May 21, 2014 3:46 pm

Indeed.
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Thu May 22, 2014 1:56 am

Getting into this more and more, I'm looking forward to the British tanks being released, since these game mechanics are more realistic and the British armor will get more of a fair chance.

I can't wait to zip around in a Cromwell or a Comet. Those will probably be around the top end, depending on how far they decide to take the tech tree. Might even get the Cent Mk1.

Where's Fuzzy been, anyways? He might have a better idea on what could be in the tech tree.
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Fuzzy Thu May 22, 2014 12:01 pm

I'm fairly sure that WT doesn't go past the mid-40's, which is the primary reason I am iffy for it. I love my Cold War tanks.

But chances are you'll see the Centurion Mk1 as the top end. It'll have the 17-pdr turret (The Stock one on WoT's Centurion 1) as the one that hopped to Belgium but never got into the way.

Heavy tank wise, the Black Prince was really the highest they went, the UK jumped away from heavy tanks very quickly to pioneer the MBT concept.

TD wise, the Tortoise is always there, with the historical 32-pdr. In WT, this vehicle would be a beast against its real historically intended enemies.

Light tanks sort of aren't a thing in a way. They got to the Tetrarch and Harry Hopkins, but the FV301 might be a bit too "prototype" for WT. They stuck with the Chaffee instead before getting rid of light tanks pretty much completely until the CVRT came along in the 70's.

AA tanks are actually the interesting element. Crusader SPAAGs were known to exist with dual 20mm cannons.
Royal Equestrian Armored Division - Page 2 PB25May07_003
On top of that there were a bunch of Centaurs requipped to work with AA, they had 40mm Bofors slapped on them.
Fuzzy
Fuzzy
Unicorn

Brohoof! : 68

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1NgCmMMuecDRzbX05uIsZN1sN5HdH

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Thu May 22, 2014 1:04 pm

I don't blame your iffiness a little. I do love me some MBTs. Dunno what the newest vehicle is in the game, but the F-86 Sabre was introduced in '47 and went into service in '49, so there's that. So that still crosses the timeline of the Cent 1. And yeah, I expect that it'll have the first gen turret and the 17-pdr.

Not sure if the BP will arrive. From what I understand, Gaijin is endeavoring to avoid using prototype tanks. I'm certain that there's enough variants of the Churchill to go around, though.

I expect to see the Valentine and the Matilda, as well as the Archer. I'm betting the UC 2-pdr will make and appearance as the rank 1 TD.

Given Gaijin's choice of the PzIIC as the German starter tank, I wouldn't put it past them to choose something like the Vickers MkVI as the starter for the British.

I must admit, I completely forgot about the possibility of the Tortoise for a rank 5 TD. And now I am creaming myself.
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Fuzzy Thu May 22, 2014 2:39 pm

RoboRed wrote:I don't blame your iffiness a little. I do love me some MBTs. Dunno what the newest vehicle is in the game, but the F-86 Sabre was introduced in '47 and went into service in '49, so there's that. So that still crosses the timeline of the Cent 1. And yeah, I expect that it'll have the first gen turret and the 17-pdr.

Not sure if the BP will arrive. From what I understand, Gaijin is endeavoring to avoid using prototype tanks. I'm certain that there's enough variants of the Churchill to go around, though.

I expect to see the Valentine and the Matilda, as well as the Archer. I'm betting the UC 2-pdr will make and appearance as the rank 1 TD.

Given Gaijin's choice of the PzIIC as the German starter tank, I wouldn't put it past them to choose something like the Vickers MkVI as the starter for the British.

I must admit, I completely forgot about the possibility of the Tortoise for a rank 5 TD. And now I am creaming myself.

I don't know how ranks work in WT, but from what I've seen they are very inconsistent about what is 'prototype enough' or not.

Black Prince was more complete than Panther 2, and yet it got into game. As was Tortoise. The UC 2-Pdr I'd not expect, it was an extremely minor vehicle in many respects and had a dozen varients with a 2-pdr that were more well known than the one in WoT. God knows why WG went with that one.

If the PzIIC is their starter, we'll probably see one of the Cruisers. The Light MkVI is not even a tank, it's tiny compared to a PzII. Just a tankette really. It only ever had a BESA MG...and that's its upgraded gun. Many made do with a .303.

Chance are the most likely ones to see without going into prototypes are:

Cruiser I to Cruiser IV
Crusader
Cromwell
Comet
Centurion Mk1
Matilda Mk2
Valentine
Churchill
Crusader AA
Centaur AA
Archer
Challenger
Firefly
Sherman
Grant
Honey
Tetrarch
Some sort of AA Portee

Likely prototypes are:
Tortoise
Black Prince
Covenantor
UC 2-Pdr (A different one)
Alecto
Excelsior
Fuzzy
Fuzzy
Unicorn

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Thu May 22, 2014 3:03 pm

current tech trees:
I was just naming the UC 2-pdr on the basis that the ZiS-30 is the starting TD for the Russians. They seemed similar. Same with the MkVI compared to the IIC. (If they have the gall to stick you with something using a shitass 20mm gun, why not a 15mm gun? Scootaloo )

I have no idea how far they are going to take the AA lines. Those things really seem like a niche class. Maybe they'll become far more useful later on as Ground Forces develops.
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Fuzzy Thu May 22, 2014 3:23 pm

A 20mm cannon is a whole new world from a 15mm MG. :p There's more different between them than just 5mm of calibre.
Fuzzy
Fuzzy
Unicorn

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Fri May 23, 2014 11:02 am

Be that as it may, they're still largely useless against other tanks.  Applebloom 

I really hope one of the Cruisers ends up being the starter.
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Fri May 23, 2014 3:12 pm

Well, a 20mm autocannon loaded with HE or even AP might actually be useful against the lighter tanks of the spectrum, at least if they are accurate enough.

Even if only to serve as a distraction :v
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Fri May 23, 2014 3:24 pm

Only by flanking, really. Unfortunately, terrain and maneuverability often doesn't allow for that. The majority of the rank 1 tanks are too armored to penetrate reliably.  Also, the loaded rounds run out rather quickly and take a while to reload.
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Valikdu Sun Jun 08, 2014 5:38 am

Anyone playing World of 'Mechs Mechwarrior? I heard it's not doing so hot.
Valikdu
Valikdu
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 192

Character List:
Name: Ion Storm
Sex: Female
Species: First One

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Mon Jun 09, 2014 11:58 pm

Royal Equestrian Armored Division - Page 2 10426643_534687383301801_6374973281486447401_n
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Sat Jun 28, 2014 11:14 am

Royal Equestrian Armored Division - Page 2 10462543_541364232634116_4208351614934971322_n
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Sat Jun 28, 2014 11:41 am

*spray Robo with motor oil*

Bad pun! Bad!
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Sat Jun 28, 2014 11:56 am

*hisses and crawls up on top of refrigerator*
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Sat Jun 28, 2014 4:37 pm

*lights a blowtorch*

There's two ways this can go. I trust you to take the right decision.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Sat Jun 28, 2014 6:13 pm

*flying glomps Harmony off of fridge and gives him a big wet kiss*
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Sat Jun 28, 2014 6:22 pm

Didn't expect that...

*looks down own shirt, covered in grease*

Fuckin' oil everywhere...

*rips up his shirt*

You were saying?
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Sat Jun 28, 2014 7:24 pm

Merely that there is always a third option, my crazy, oiled-up, half-naked French friend. Tilt 
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Thu Jul 03, 2014 10:45 am

Royal Equestrian Armored Division - Page 2 Freedom009

...What.

http://ftr.wot-news.com/2014/07/03/freedom-package-for-world-of-tanks-xbox/
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Thu Jul 03, 2014 11:47 am

[obesity intensify]
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 03, 2014 11:54 am

Those Baguettes are pretty fattening. Twilight Sparkle

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Thu Jul 03, 2014 12:54 pm

It is showing that you prefer to eat our superior bread than your own pathetic imitations.

Thank you for acknowledging your betters.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Mon Jul 28, 2014 11:51 pm

Royal Equestrian Armored Division - Page 2 We_trot_to_war_by_anticularpony-d7sjtqx
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Tue Jul 29, 2014 12:59 pm

FPSRussia and Stuart have dinner together:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vvkLaa9bogU
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next