Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WARNING TO ALL USERS!

5 posters

Go down

WARNING TO ALL USERS! Empty WARNING TO ALL USERS!

Post by Fluttershy Wed Aug 07, 2013 10:21 am

Hello, guys, Fluttershy here. I know I have not been on, like... at all, but, I have had a very serious news to send to all the users on this forum, and I want you all to take this warning well, for any of you that are potential targets.

Just earlier, I was sent a contact request on my skype, and was almost immediately asked for highly inappropriate activities.

I have reasons to believe that there is someone on the forum, targeting young people under the age of 18, specifically females. If you're a girl, and under 18, I ask you all take caution in who you let in your skype contacts list. Or anyone at all, for that matter.

I am sorry for not being around all the time. I hope to come back to this forum soon. After all, I am the admin. And thank you for all keeping this forum alive.
Fluttershy
Fluttershy
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 12

Character List:
Name: Fluttershy
Sex: Female
Species: Pegasus

Back to top Go down

WARNING TO ALL USERS! Empty Re: WARNING TO ALL USERS!

Post by Harmony Ltd. Wed Aug 07, 2013 10:37 am

Thanks for the heads up. We'll keep an eye open.

I think it would help if you disclosed the Skype-handle in question, so people know.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 543

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Wed Aug 07, 2013 10:50 am

Some people have their skype contact under the avatar, right of the "private message" button.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 543

Back to top Go down

Post by Derpy Hooves Fri Aug 23, 2013 12:21 pm

Lol, Fluttershy really? You really think/thought you're still an admin? 

Naw man, you lost that a long time ago. And I like your use of "The" admin, as if Linguz and Finest weren't part of this site. 

In fact, i'm pretty sure you are the fallen admin that did the least around here. Even Nighty was a better admin than you (and that's saying something.)

This post is really old, irrelevant now, and really doesn't even matter, but seriously... wow... just wow...

Also, when it comes to people preying on people on the internet, the cloudsville community is definitely one of the least likely places for this to happen. Considering you haven't been on in over a year, the skype contact was likely either not from here or one of the weirdos that passed through at random.
Derpy Hooves
Derpy Hooves
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 31

Character List:
Name: Taters
Sex: Stallion
Species: Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Sky Cloud Fri Aug 23, 2013 12:30 pm

Not to pour salt on the wound, but I agree with Derpy.

I highly doubt that the person who sent you a contact request on Skype is an actual user on here. If that were the case, I'm pretty sure anyone who has their Skype account posted here would get a contact request, but so far it would seem that this isn't the case.

Along with what Derpy said, you aren't an admin anymore. Because the amount of time you were gone was so great, you were placed in the Fallen Admins position, which in my understanding (I may be wrong), means that all admin power that you originally had, is now gone.

Have a nice day. Pinkie Pie
Sky Cloud
Sky Cloud
Ursa Minor

Brohoof! : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by Scyto Harmony Fri Aug 23, 2013 2:21 pm

However likely it is or not, I don't think we should brush off the issue quite so readily. She may not be an admin here anymore or whatever, but that does make the potential of safety among the cloudsville members any less important.

Edit: Although I didn't pay attention to how old the topic is before responding, so that lessens the problem. My bad.
Scyto Harmony
Scyto Harmony
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 155

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Derpy Hooves Fri Aug 23, 2013 2:31 pm

In combination with the age of the post and the fact that the person was likely not a user here, I'm pretty sure there's no real danger.

Fluttershy was probably asked to "Go on cam and masturbate for me" or something along those lines. I don't know how long you all have been on the internet but this isn't that uncommon of a thing for creepy, and Fluttershy was the one that accepted the contact request from a stranger anyway.
Unless the person was like me and managed to get Fluttershy's address... in which case yeah if he's both competent enough to do that kind of work and also a psycho creeper, than there's probably some danger.

There's really nothing more anyone can do to you with your Skype info. Fluttershy is likely in as much danger as you all are of me coming to your house and making my dog go to the bathroom on your carpet.
Derpy Hooves
Derpy Hooves
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 31

Character List:
Name: Taters
Sex: Stallion
Species: Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Fluttershy Tue Jun 17, 2014 7:09 am

While this is an old topic, I want to make this clear that the person who added me on skype specifically said that they found my skype from this particular forum.

I don't care if I'm a fallen admin or not, I still consider it important to notify everyone of a potential predator, as harmless as you see it or not. It is still illegal to even attempt sexual acts towards a minor, and shouldn't be cast away so easily.

Also picking away at my wordplay is very rude when I was simply mentioning something. If I don't have my administrative privileges, fine. But I'm still a part of this site, and was one of the original admins. At least consider that before rudely shooting me down like that.
Fluttershy
Fluttershy
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 12

Character List:
Name: Fluttershy
Sex: Female
Species: Pegasus

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down