Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dungeons & Dragon's Role Play

+3
Octavia
Linguz
Crona The Critic
7 posters

Page 10 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

Dungeons & Dragon's Role Play - Page 10 Empty Re: Dungeons & Dragon's Role Play

Post by Octavia Wed Dec 07, 2011 10:27 pm

Arvena laughed.
"Find a spell that interests you? Good luck with that. Even though the libraries in the branches are tiny compared to the massive multi story building at the college itself, they still hold such a large number of books that you'd have to know what you're looking for. If you were to ask for a specific spell, maybe something like the conjuration of one's Atronach, or the creation of a specific construct like a shield guardian, then we'd be able to find it. You spend years in the collective libraries reading up on all sorts of information. Trust me, I have myself."
She lead Nidal (And Theradus if he comes with) through the streets and into the rich side of town. Guards patrolled a whole lot more often here and the buildings were all of architectural beauty. They entered a elegant three story building that was adorned by banners of navy blue with gold lining and a golden flame in the center - The College of Arcane Arts branch of Rigathel.

The inside of the building was built by mages and artists of the highest caliber, and was made to show off the influence and power of the College. Various mages, alchemists and other people of the magical profession wandered the building and its halls, working on various projects and preparing for journeys to the far reaches of the planet.

In truth, this was less of a branch, and more like a home away from home for the college students and professors. It was second only to the college itself, and the other branches weren't half as nice as the marvel in Rigathel.

A smiling man in green robes walked up to Arvena and the two hugged for a moment.
"Arvena, my dear! You should really stop by more often. It's been at least two months since your last visit and it does get awfully dreary around here with all these half wits. Who are your friends?" he added as he looked over her shoulder.

"Professor Sorrel! This is Nidal and Theradus. I owe these two my life, Nidal a few times over."
She said this gesturing to the two respectively.
Octavia
Octavia
Pegasus

Brohoof! : 1

Character List:
Name: Arvena
Sex: Female
Species: Nord

Back to top Go down

Post by Linguz Wed Dec 07, 2011 10:33 pm

Nidal bowed her head. She held out her hand.
"Hello, Professor Sorrel. It's a pleasure meeting you. If I might inquire, what do you do in the academy?"
Linguz
Linguz
The Forged Steel

Brohoof! : 10

Character List:
Name: Nidal
Species: Khajiit

Back to top Go down

Post by Octavia Wed Dec 07, 2011 11:16 pm

Sorrel shook Nidal's hand.
"I am the head of this branch, which generally means that I laze around the library and do what I want until some idiot kills himself or burns down a building with their magic."
He suddenly spun Nidal's gauntlet covered hand to reveal the alchemy circle inscribed on it.
"Ahhh. Alchemist I presume. That or you took it off a dead one, though I doubt someone with your manners would do such an atrocious thing."
Octavia
Octavia
Pegasus

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Linguz Wed Dec 07, 2011 11:21 pm

Nidal nodded.
"I was taught by a traveling alchemist, but I'm sure you've seen better than me before."
Linguz
Linguz
The Forged Steel

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Octavia Wed Dec 07, 2011 11:43 pm

Sorrel raised his eyebrows.
"While I must say everyone has room for improvement, and most everyone has someone greater than themselves, not just any alchemist could save my old apprentice Nidal. One so skilled as her doesn't come near death easily, as long as she has magic available that is."

Nidal blushed.
"Sorrel, you exaggerate my abilities."

"Don't be modest Nidal! You have always been my finest pupil in everyway. Not one of my other students picked up magic so fast, and had I taught one so young before. Oh, and I do believe there is someone waiting here to meet you."

Spoiler:

A Shield Guardian walked into the room from another hall, ducking through the doorway. The construct walked up to the group and stopped. An amethyst inlaid into the construct's chest plate glowed and the voice of a boy seemed to come out of the gem.
"Hey Arvena."

Arvena broke into a smile and ran up and hugged the construct, which keeled and hugged back.
"Denkar! How did you get here? Who repaired you? More importantly, Where did you get a speaking stone?"

"He was shipped here after he was discovered in your room. They figured since you were in the area running an errand, and I was your master, that you may be stopping by. I remember you saying something about trying to bind your brother to a Shield Guardian at one point. I figured, this must be it, so I put 'em back together. The trick was finding knowledge on Speaking Stones and their creation in the library. For some reason, it was under 'E'. I took the liberty of installing it myself, and the boy spoke to me! I haven't been so shocked in years!"
Octavia
Octavia
Pegasus

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Linguz Wed Dec 07, 2011 11:50 pm

Nidal walked up to the construct and held out her hand.
"Denkar, was it? My name's Nidal. So how has your life been since you were bound to the Shield Guardian?"
Linguz
Linguz
The Forged Steel

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Octavia Wed Dec 07, 2011 11:55 pm

Denkar awkwardly gently grabbed Nidal's hand inside his huge one and shook it in an odd fashion.
"Weird. I don't feel or sense anything except sight, and I can still hear all that is said around Arvena's amulet, and our minds are still linked. Over all it's nice to be able to physically interact again, but was definitely disorienting at first. I think I'm starting to get the hang of it now."
Octavia
Octavia
Pegasus

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Linguz Wed Dec 07, 2011 11:59 pm

Nidal caught what he had said.
"Your minds are still linked? Before you turned into a construct your minds were linked?"
Linguz
Linguz
The Forged Steel

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Octavia Thu Dec 08, 2011 12:05 am

"Yea, though not in the way many would think. We can't hear each others thoughts or anything, but emotion and basic ideas and pictures can be sent between us. Neither of us really understand it, and it really isn't to her. It's to the amulet. The few times other people have worn it, the same effect took place."
Octavia
Octavia
Pegasus

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Linguz Thu Dec 08, 2011 12:09 am

Nidal looked at the amulet and nodded. She turned back to the professor.
"Professor Sorrel, would you happen to know of a spell that can cancel any summoning spell?"
Linguz
Linguz
The Forged Steel

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Octavia Thu Dec 08, 2011 12:15 am

"Well, I don't know about any summoning spell, but there are definitely spells that do just that. If its a basic summon you speak of, say an imp, then just a simple banishment spell or alchemy circle would do. But for many more complex summons and alchemical conjurations, variables in the spell or the circle must change to remove the soul of the object in question and send it back to the plane of existence it came from. Arvena knows the spell herself, but she focused more on the summoning, not the banishment."
The professor's eyes sparkled.
"If you have the aptitude, I could teach you the spell."
Octavia
Octavia
Pegasus

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Linguz Thu Dec 08, 2011 6:40 am

Nidal nodded.
"Thank you. I need to know how to stop an alchemist from summoning an elemental dragon... and he has a philosopher's stone."
Linguz
Linguz
The Forged Steel

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Octavia Thu Dec 08, 2011 5:50 pm

Sorrel's face instantly hardened.
"I can teach such magic, though its not an easy art and I can't guarantee anyone but a true master will be able to banish such a powerful being. As for the philosopher's stone, I want to hear everything you know about the possessor of that object, though not here. There are too many foolhardy students around that would do something foolish to attain such an item."
She turned to Arvena.
"Arvena, I'll grant you access to the college's supplies for now, though don't take anything that will be missed. I'm assuming you three need a place to say, take three of the empty traveler's rooms."
He looked at Nidal.
"Do not speak of this to anyone else. Get settled into your rooms, dump anything you don't wish to be carrying on you and follow Arvena to the library, restricted section. Make sure your not followed. Understood?"
Octavia
Octavia
Pegasus

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Linguz Thu Dec 08, 2011 5:53 pm

Nidal nodded and looked at Arvena.
"You know this place better than any of us so lead the way."
Linguz
Linguz
The Forged Steel

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Octavia Thu Dec 08, 2011 6:47 pm

Sorrel, turned and started walking hurriedly down a hall that sprouted off the main room.

"This way."
Arvena lead the group, Shield Guardian trailing slightly behind, through a series of doors and up a stairwell to the second floor. At the end of the hall on the second floor, Arvena Threw open three doors, two on the left, one on the right.
"You two can decide who gets which room, but me and Denkar get the one on the right. Come get me when your ready to visit the library, Nidal."
Arvena wandered into the walked into her room and dumped her pack of torches and supplies next to the bed and unloaded all her various satchels and bags of supplies onto the desk. She removed the heavy traveler's cloak and replaced her now dirtied robes with fresh ones in the dresser. She then lay on the bed and opened up her tome of spells, and started to take account of all the circles and glyphs she had used since she had re-written the book.
Octavia
Octavia
Pegasus

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Linguz Thu Dec 08, 2011 7:01 pm

Nidal walked into Arvena's room, not even entering either of the other two.
"Let's go. I don't carry around bags, just these two satchels, and I refuse to drop them in case I need them."
Linguz
Linguz
The Forged Steel

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by AbstergoTempest Thu Dec 08, 2011 7:33 pm

Theradus placed his items on his bed. He was still in awe from all that the collage had. Yet he had other things on his mind.

"I felt his presence somewhere. He's in this city, I know it. I just hope I can get to him in time."

He then pulled a dagger out from his quiver and studied it closely.

"Otherwise I may loose him for good."
AbstergoTempest
AbstergoTempest
Colt/Filly

Brohoof! : 0

Character List:
Name: Theradus
Sex: Male
Species: Wood Elf

Back to top Go down

Post by Albert C. Shadowfax Thu Dec 08, 2011 10:20 pm

*That was too easy..*
Arngeirr, in the form of a rich merchant, was currently walking out of the Rigathel bank with a large sack containing over 2,400 gold and an odd assortment of dimonads, rubys, and other gems. He walked down the steet then walked into an ally behind the 'Drunken Boar'. He Lifted up an man hole in the middle of the ally way and jumped down, closing the hole as he entered.
*ok, he said knock twice at the red brick..*

He searched the wall of the sewer untill he saw a small red brick centered in the middle of dull gray stones, he reached up and rapped loudly on it twice. 1 second.... 3 seconds.... The wall pushed backed and slide if on it's own accord. Arngeirr stepped into the passageway and walked down it untill he reached a large circular room with a large oak desk and chests gold lining the wall. Drake sat behind the desk recording daily sums in a gaint book.

"Here's the money you wanted, plus some gems he was storing in his safe. So what next?"

Drake looked at the bag and smiled.

"Hehe.. You get some rest, I'll give you another assignment tomorrow."
Albert C. Shadowfax
Albert C. Shadowfax
Mascot

Character List:
Name: Arngeirr
Species: doppelganger

Back to top Go down

Post by Octavia Fri Dec 09, 2011 8:26 pm

Arvena looked up from her tome, surprised. She shut her tome as quickly as she had opened it and stood up to lead Nidal to the library.
"I honestly can't believe you don't carry anything else."
She lead the khajiit back down to the first floor and down some stairs in the back of the building to the vast library in the basement. They kept wandering to the back of the library, where a door way, without a door, was clearly labeled as "Restricted." A light blue semi-clear ward blocked students from venturing into this part of the library, and Arvena opened and tapped a circle in her tome, clearing away the blue shield. They walked through, and Arvena reactivated the shield before proceeding. After walking through the a few dimly lit book shelves, they came to a small circular room with runes covering the walls. Sorrel stood in the center, waiting for them.

"I see you found your way here. Now, I must insist that you tell me everything you know about the possessor of the stone."
Octavia
Octavia
Pegasus

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by AbstergoTempest Fri Dec 09, 2011 9:12 pm

Theradus wrote on a piece of parchement left for Arvena and Nidal in their rooms stating he would be gone for some time and would return later, and left for the city. He had only one guess where the man who he was looking for could be. He went into a tavern called the Drunken Boar and started his search.

"This is the right place. I have to find him before I loose him here."
AbstergoTempest
AbstergoTempest
Colt/Filly

Character List:
Name: Theradus
Species: Wood Elf

Back to top Go down

Post by Linguz Fri Dec 09, 2011 10:06 pm

Nidal took a deep breath and started.
"He's my brother. A strong alchemist who uses his powers for his own gain. He..." (I don't feel like repeating. You know him, don't you?)
Linguz
Linguz
The Forged Steel

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Octavia Fri Dec 09, 2011 10:15 pm

(Eeeyup.)

Sorrel listened silently to Nidal's story.
"I do believe you understand the power of a Philosopher's stone. I think this is a matter that must be brought up to the Arch-Mage himself. We can't let someone with that sort of power wander the world. Mortals aren't meant to wield such power, we are too corrupt in the heart and the mind."
He shook his head, then looked up.
"I do believe that you wished to learn a banishment spell though. I do not believe that one could dispel a beast created by the powerful philosopher's stone, but I will not deny knowledge that is used in the form of defense."
Octavia
Octavia
Pegasus

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Linguz Fri Dec 09, 2011 10:22 pm

Nidal nodded.
"Thank you. And for your information: If you are going to send mages or something to take out Malfure, send them ALL. You will not be able to defeat him if you hold back at all. His philosopher stone allows him to heal through a dragon's flame breath. And I need more of a cancellation spell to cancel the summoning before it even summons."
Linguz
Linguz
The Forged Steel

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Octavia Fri Dec 09, 2011 10:37 pm

Sorrel shook his head.
"I don't know what we will do about such a foe, but we must at least have everyone be aware of the incoming danger, so at least they aren't caught off guard. Now, about the spell. You're going to have to choose, or learn two spells. Their are two kinds of conjured beasts and objects, the Bound, and the Puppets. Bound being objects and creations that have souls or creatures from other dimensions and planes of existence called to occupy the body and control it, and Puppets being objects directly controlled by the caster of the spell. While Puppet Conjurations are not truly conjuration at all, as they are not pulling objects or souls from other planes, it comes with the same end result and can be controlled more by the caste, though it does sap strength a lot. Bounded conjurations are controlled by the creature inside them, therefore the caster must be powerful enough to keep the creature in line. To prevent a Bound conjuration, it is still a banishment spell keeping them from entering this plane completely. For puppets, its more of interrupting the flow of magic, or completely ruining the control of the object. Which is it you're trying to prevent, a puppet or a bound soul?"
Octavia
Octavia
Pegasus

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Linguz Fri Dec 09, 2011 10:51 pm

"How do I tell the difference?"
Linguz
Linguz
The Forged Steel

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Octavia Fri Dec 09, 2011 11:14 pm

"Bound beings tend to be vastly more complex, though that is not always the case. Because an actual soul is in the object, it must be made to contain it and support it. This often means that it has sensory inputs, eyes, ears, and the such. Some even have blood and organs. The caster also must focus more on a puppet than a bound being, and bound beings usually show more complex behavior, anger, fear, and more. Puppets, due to their being controlled by another mage or alchemist, have no emotion, though a clever user will sometimes try to make it seem like they do to throw off the opponent's spell."
Octavia
Octavia
Pegasus

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Linguz Fri Dec 09, 2011 11:15 pm

"I have not actually fought or seen any of his summons for long enough to figure out which it is. The latest one he did was dispelled the moment it appeared because I had teleported us away."
Linguz
Linguz
The Forged Steel

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Linguz Tue Dec 27, 2011 4:45 am

(BUMP!)
Linguz
Linguz
The Forged Steel

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Octavia Tue Dec 27, 2011 1:38 pm

(lol, bomp to resurrect? If you want to continue this, I'll get to work on it, otherwise its up to you punks, so gather up the troops and see if they'll keep playing. I stopped because no one other then me and Linguz was posting (though laziness was honestly part of the problem too, but whatever!))
Octavia
Octavia
Pegasus

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Linguz Tue Dec 27, 2011 2:08 pm

(Aren't the others real life friends of yours? Wouldn't it be easier to send them a text?)
Linguz
Linguz
The Forged Steel

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content