Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Season 4 Coming in Winter

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Re: Season 4 Coming in Winter

Post by Formis_Fluttergod on Sun Apr 14, 2013 6:30 am

swicked wrote:I mean, what the source of his power was would be nice, given both Celestia and Twilight could tap into it, but his character design, lines and "story" were all generic evil; I think he should be allowed to fade into nothing. MLP is not PH, the villains don't have to all have deep, meaningful personalities and backstories.
That's just it, we didn't get any kind of backstory or anything, just the was evil and could use dark magic (the first one we know about). And in the episodes themselves he hardly did anything. Almost everything about him was simply screaming lazy/rushed design, which is not something I say often about MLP. I know it's not PH, but at least some kind of backstory would be nice, people are not often evil just for the sake of being evil.
avatar
Formis_Fluttergod
Ursa Major

Posts : 944
Brohoof! : 71
Join date : 2012-04-17
Age : 25

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Re: Season 4 Coming in Winter

Post by Formis_Fluttergod on Sun Apr 14, 2013 5:45 pm

Well, looks like one of my major issues with Twilicorn was put to rest, Halelujah. And goodbye Immortal Alicorn Twilight fanfics, you can no longer plague my mind.

Twilight Sparkle Won't Outlive her Friends - And Clarification

EDIT: Also, enjoy Twilight being adorkable (from the Hot Minute video).
avatar
Formis_Fluttergod
Ursa Major

Posts : 944
Brohoof! : 71
Join date : 2012-04-17
Age : 25

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Re: Season 4 Coming in Winter

Post by swicked on Sun Apr 14, 2013 6:36 pm

Formis_Hoodiegod wrote:Well, looks like one of my major issues with Twilicorn was put to rest, Halelujah. And goodbye Immortal Alicorn Twilight fanfics, you can no longer plague my mind.

Twilight Sparkle Won't Outlive her Friends - And Clarification

EDIT: Also, enjoy Twilight being adorkable (from the Hot Minute video).
Fanfic idea: In order to not outlive her friends, Twilight finds ways to make ALL of them immortal.
Pinkie could become a new spirit of chaos (why not, we're making new alicorns...), Rarity could be remade a crystal pony (they disappeared for thousands of years... I think they might be immortal, if not Rarity could be the first of their kind to be), Rainbow Dash is turned into a being of pure energy after a trip to the rainbow factory, Fluttershy something something tree and Applejack just tells death to go buck himself.
...
I dunno Tilt

swicked
Royal Alicorn

Posts : 6602
Brohoof! : 960
Join date : 2012-05-17

Back to top Go down

Re: Season 4 Coming in Winter

Post by RoboRed on Sun Apr 14, 2013 6:40 pm

Twilie trying to fly. Rainbow

------------------
Aonee wrote:
jacky2734 wrote:((Aonee, don't make me invent a way to punch you over the internet.))
((If you do, I will invent a Korean technique to block it with someone else's face. And, construct more pylons.))

CamoBadger wrote:((Wow, zebra incest is powerful shit))

Mister Frost's friend, "Darren" wrote:"I'm scared to break up with her, though. Her dad's an ex-marine; if I make her cry he'll club me over the head with a pillowcase full of doorknobs and Tom Clancy novels."

Sindri wrote:This is a thread for fans of a fanfiction of a fanfiction about murderous miniature pastel equines in a grimdark post-apocalyptic future.
If you wanted to stay anywhere near socially acceptable, you should have taken a left turn about three layers of WTF back.

avatar
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Posts : 13859
Brohoof! : 717
Join date : 2012-05-09
Age : 29
Location : Nebraska

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Re: Season 4 Coming in Winter

Post by Guest on Sun Apr 14, 2013 7:20 pm

swicked wrote:
Formis_Hoodiegod wrote:Well, looks like one of my major issues with Twilicorn was put to rest, Halelujah. And goodbye Immortal Alicorn Twilight fanfics, you can no longer plague my mind.

Twilight Sparkle Won't Outlive her Friends - And Clarification

EDIT: Also, enjoy Twilight being adorkable (from the Hot Minute video).
Fanfic idea: In order to not outlive her friends, Twilight finds ways to make ALL of them immortal.
Pinkie could become a new spirit of chaos (why not, we're making new alicorns...), Rarity could be remade a crystal pony (they disappeared for thousands of years... I think they might be immortal, if not Rarity could be the first of their kind to be), Rainbow Dash is turned into a being of pure energy after a trip to the rainbow factory, Fluttershy something something tree and Applejack just tells death to go buck himself.
...
I dunno Tilt

Or the elements of harmony could effectively make them all immortal. Not as interesting or entertaining as your idea but it's a thought.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Season 4 Coming in Winter

Post by IncoherentOrange on Sun Apr 14, 2013 7:32 pm

Twilight not outliving her friends?
Assuming she doesn't outlive all of her friends, it's simply that she is not immortal. If she is, then other possibilities exist.
A. They all die at once.
B. (As was mentioned as I wrote this.) The Elements of Harmony make their bearers immortal.
C. (As has been mentioned, and I've seen used in fanfic, don't recall the name.) Twilight finds a way to immortalize her friends.
avatar
IncoherentOrange
Ursa Major

Posts : 866
Brohoof! : 22
Join date : 2012-07-11
Age : 21
Location : NB, Canada

Back to top Go down

Re: Season 4 Coming in Winter

Post by Formis_Fluttergod on Sun Apr 14, 2013 8:57 pm

IncoherentOrange wrote:Twilight not outliving her friends?
Assuming she doesn't outlive all of her friends, it's simply that she is not immortal. If she is, then other possibilities exist.
A. They all die at once.
B. (As was mentioned as I wrote this.) The Elements of Harmony make their bearers immortal.
C. (As has been mentioned, and I've seen used in fanfic, don't recall the name.) Twilight finds a way to immortalize her friends.
A) Not sure what exactly you mean by this. Derpy Hooves
B) Saw it being used in fanfics, also a tolerable option.
C) The problem with immortalizing someone close to you is simple. They also have close ones they wouldn't want to outlive, so the chain of immortalizing wouldn't stop and we would end up with everyone being a princess, even Big Mac. Spike
avatar
Formis_Fluttergod
Ursa Major

Posts : 944
Brohoof! : 71
Join date : 2012-04-17
Age : 25

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Re: Season 4 Coming in Winter

Post by IncoherentOrange on Sun Apr 14, 2013 9:33 pm

Chain reaction immortalization sounds like it has comedic potential. What I meant with A is that Twilight wouldn't outlive her friends if they all died at the same time. This is, of course, assuming immortality is biological (like in the immortal jellyfish) rather than more extensive.
Oh, and Twilight could die first, that's a possibility.
avatar
IncoherentOrange
Ursa Major

Posts : 866
Brohoof! : 22
Join date : 2012-07-11
Age : 21
Location : NB, Canada

Back to top Go down

Re: Season 4 Coming in Winter

Post by Formis_Fluttergod on Mon Apr 15, 2013 7:02 am

IncoherentOrange wrote:Chain reaction immortalization sounds like it has comedic potential. What I meant with A is that Twilight wouldn't outlive her friends if they all died at the same time. This is, of course, assuming immortality is biological (like in the immortal jellyfish) rather than more extensive.
Oh, and Twilight could die first, that's a possibility.
Comedic potential or not, it's ridiculous. :D
And A) still doesn't quite add up, you listed it as an option where Twilight is immortal, that could mean various things. Generally, all of them being immortal and be killed at the same time, or just Twilight being immortal but they would all be killed at the same time anyway after some acceptable life-span...
Why do we discuss such depressing topic? Twilight crazy
avatar
Formis_Fluttergod
Ursa Major

Posts : 944
Brohoof! : 71
Join date : 2012-04-17
Age : 25

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Re: Season 4 Coming in Winter

Post by Valikdu on Mon Apr 15, 2013 11:02 am

swicked wrote:Fanfic idea: In order to not outlive her friends, Twilight finds ways to make ALL of them immortal.
Pinkie could become a new spirit of chaos (why not, we're making new alicorns...)

SO BE IT.

The Cycle continues.
avatar
Valikdu
Alicorn

Posts : 2219
Brohoof! : 192
Join date : 2012-05-10
Age : 29
Location : Moscow, Russian Federation

Character List:
Name: Ion Storm
Sex: Female
Species: First One

Back to top Go down

Re: Season 4 Coming in Winter

Post by CamoBadger on Mon Apr 15, 2013 1:32 pm

IncoherentOrange wrote:Twilight not outliving her friends?
Assuming she doesn't outlive all of her friends, it's simply that she is not immortal. If she is, then other possibilities exist.
A. They all die at once.
.
I'm sorry, but as soon as I read that i pictured the Mane6 all drinking Celestia's Kool-Aid.

------------------
My stories: Cold as Ice   |   Fallout Equestria: All That Remains FiMFic Page   |   Fallout Equestria: All That Remains Hub Page
Thanks if you read any of them.

If you have a complaint of any kind, a question or a suggestion, please PM me about it and I will respond as quickly as I can.  


Last wrote:((Camo just likes to kill happiness.))

Well spank my flank and call me sexy!

Until next time, hugs and kisses.


 ~Miguel
avatar
CamoBadger
Royal Alicorn

Posts : 13890
Brohoof! : 588
Join date : 2011-11-29

Back to top Go down

Re: Season 4 Coming in Winter

Post by Valikdu on Mon Apr 15, 2013 1:42 pm

swicked wrote:(on a side note, I MAY have become a fan of lunaverse trixie when no one was looking
YES.

and I MAY also now have a set of nearly 100 reaction shots from the ask trixie tumblr...)
Which one? I couldn't find this tumblr.
avatar
Valikdu
Alicorn

Posts : 2219
Brohoof! : 192
Join date : 2012-05-10
Age : 29
Location : Moscow, Russian Federation

Character List:
Name: Ion Storm
Sex: Female
Species: First One

Back to top Go down

Re: Season 4 Coming in Winter

Post by Guest on Mon Apr 15, 2013 1:55 pm

Valikdu wrote:
swicked wrote:(on a side note, I MAY have become a fan of lunaverse trixie when no one was looking
YES.

and I MAY also now have a set of nearly 100 reaction shots from the ask trixie tumblr...)
Which one? I couldn't find this tumblr.

http://ask-trixie.tumblr.com/

This one.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Season 4 Coming in Winter

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum