Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fallout Equestria Tales of a Junk Pony Peddler

+2
Kippershy
Pinkie's Pie
6 posters

Go down

Fallout Equestria Tales of a Junk Pony Peddler Empty Fallout Equestria Tales of a Junk Pony Peddler

Post by Pinkie's Pie Mon Mar 04, 2013 1:35 pm

A guy by the name of *Squeak* keeps popping up around the generals with these, they come up pretty frequent and there's been two this week. I like them so I'm opening them up for discussion and hoping for more. The premise seems to be a pony trader named Prodigious Peddler wandering around the wasteland being awesome and shit. Anyway listen.

Once in a Blue Moon
https://soundcloud.com/squeak-anon-1/once-in-a-blue-moon-final

Touch me Baby
https://soundcloud.com/squeak-anon-1/toajpp-ep2

And according to Squeak the next one will be named Horse with No Name. Not sure when it's coming out though. Here's hoping he keeps these up for a good long time.
Pinkie's Pie
Pinkie's Pie
Foal

Brohoof! : 1

Back to top Go down

Fallout Equestria Tales of a Junk Pony Peddler Empty Re: Fallout Equestria Tales of a Junk Pony Peddler

Post by Kippershy Mon Mar 04, 2013 2:55 pm

GET ORFA MY SI-
Wait, no, you're cool.

Seriously though guys, this is well done and extremely entertaining. I really like it, personally. Everyone should pay it some attention.
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Brohoof! : 121

Character List:
Name: Crimson Wings / Cherry Sundae
Sex: Male / Female
Species: Pegasus / Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Fallout Equestria Tales of a Junk Pony Peddler Empty Re: Fallout Equestria Tales of a Junk Pony Peddler

Post by Pinkie's Pie Mon Mar 04, 2013 9:06 pm

That's what I was thinking, plus he casts locally from the threads and everything, it's a really cool homegrown project that I think needs more play. Speaking of which it apparently has a Tumblr.

peddlerswagon.tumblr.com
Pinkie's Pie
Pinkie's Pie
Foal

Back to top Go down

Post by Pinkie's Pie Mon Mar 11, 2013 6:33 am

There's a new one out, just hit the market.

Tales of a Junk Pony Peddler: Horse With No Name:

https://soundcloud.com/squeak-anon-1/toajpp-horse-with-no-name

I liked it, looks like Squeak's introducing a more constant character, I'm worried for her since Peddler's companions don't have great track records of survival, but her voice is adorable, and the accent is a nice contrast to Peddler's deep country. It probably doesn't help that I really freakin' love the song used either.
Pinkie's Pie
Pinkie's Pie
Foal

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Snrub Tue Mar 12, 2013 12:31 pm

Man i really love those
Mr. Snrub
Mr. Snrub
Colt/Filly

Brohoof! : -3

Back to top Go down

Fallout Equestria Tales of a Junk Pony Peddler Empty Mr.Sandman

Post by Pinkie's Pie Tue Apr 02, 2013 4:32 pm

New Peddler's out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZxMCSvbTuc

I like this short, the sound editing is really nice on this and the voices are dynamic. I am slightly worried that Sun Beam, the new girl will turn into a whiner, something that bugged me whenever Littlepip or Blackjack fell into it. But with Peddler as the main character that should be marginalized if it does happen. I'm hoping the next short explains a bit more about the past of these two characters, Peddler always mentions that Sun Beam is wearing a cloak, and damnit I want to know why. My personal theory is that she's either a well preserved ghoul who woke up recently, hence the innocence, or she's hiding a set of wings under there. I also want to know more about Peddler, he's our MC and four shorts in we know very little about him beyond the fact he's a street smart Peddler. I have a feeling something big is going to happen in this universe concerning the two of them, but I hope we get a bit of light shed on them soon.
Pinkie's Pie
Pinkie's Pie
Foal

Back to top Go down

Post by squeak-anon Fri Apr 05, 2013 6:39 pm

Hey guys! I noticed this thread and wondered if I should say hi or not. I figured, what they hey! And came on by, it means a lot to me that people like the shorts enough to make a thread about them, even if it's only a few people. They aren't extremely popular just yet, and are just finding their legs, so your listening and discussion bolsters my drive to make more of them!

Also I'm well aware of the 'Whiner' problem a lot of people have with FoE characters, and I will be avoiding that with Sunbeam to the best of my ability. I've got lots planned for those two so stay tuned!
squeak-anon
squeak-anon
Colt/Filly

Brohoof! : 6

Back to top Go down

Post by hawkeye92 Fri Apr 05, 2013 7:40 pm

Hi Squeak!
squeak-anon wrote:
Also I'm well aware of the 'Whiner' problem a lot of people have with FoE characters, and I will be avoiding that with Sunbeam to the best of my ability. I've got lots planned for those two so stay tuned!
You can let your characters complain a bit, especially if they're not used to doing crazy stuff every day. Would seems rather odd if they didn't from time to time.
hawkeye92
hawkeye92
Pegasus

Brohoof! : 7

Back to top Go down

Post by squeak-anon Fri Apr 05, 2013 7:58 pm

hawkeye92 wrote:Hi Squeak!
squeak-anon wrote:
You can let your characters complain a bit, especially if they're not used to doing crazy stuff every day. Would seems rather odd if they didn't from time to time.

Oh yes certainly, it would be quite strange if they got used to the wasteland too quickly. And there will be an adjustment period, it's just there's a slight trend to make that period a bit too long, there'a balance one has to strike, and I'm going to try my best to hit it on the nose. Wish me luck!

I'm actually penning the next short currently, we'll find out a bit more about both Sunny and Peddler.
squeak-anon
squeak-anon
Colt/Filly

Back to top Go down

Post by squeak-anon Sat Apr 06, 2013 6:56 am

Fallout Equestria Tales of a Junk Pony Peddler Tumblr_mktwo9WN981s7n4i2o2_500

Houston we have our first Tales of a Junk Pony Peddler fanart!
squeak-anon
squeak-anon
Colt/Filly

Back to top Go down

Post by Pinkie's Pie Sun Apr 07, 2013 8:43 pm

OHGODHE'SHEREHE'SHEREHE'SHERE Rainbow

Um...I mean...yo Squeak, I like the show...it's...neat and stuff.
Pinkie's Pie
Pinkie's Pie
Foal

Back to top Go down

Post by Admiral Stoic Rum Sun Apr 07, 2013 11:19 pm

This is Houston, we Copy

(I am from Houston)
Admiral Stoic Rum
Admiral Stoic Rum
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 83

Character List:
Name: Dr. Painkiller
Sex: Male
Species: Pony

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Mon Apr 08, 2013 8:56 am

Hey, squeak. I'll record some more for you if you want.
if you saw the vocaroo's in the last mlp thread, t'was me being me again lol.
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Brohoof! : 121

Character List:
Name: Crimson Wings / Cherry Sundae
Sex: Male / Female
Species: Pegasus / Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by squeak-anon Tue Apr 09, 2013 8:47 pm

Pinkie's Pie wrote:OHGODHE'SHEREHE'SHEREHE'SHERE Rainbow

Um...I mean...yo Squeak, I like the show...it's...neat and stuff.

I am indeed! Hehe, you're gonna make me blush.

Also as far as casting goes, new roles open later tonight.

Also look what I gooooot

Fallout Equestria Tales of a Junk Pony Peddler 293285__safe_gun_artist-madmax_fallout-equestria_fedora_wasteland_5161f207a4c72dbe7200031e_5161f207a4c72dbe7200031f_5164b30ca4c72d15750004ef_5164b30ca4c72d15750004f0_5164b30ca4c72d15750004
squeak-anon
squeak-anon
Colt/Filly

Back to top Go down

Post by Pinkie's Pie Thu Sep 12, 2013 4:49 pm

Wow I Really let this thread fall by the wayside. Anyone else on this board even interested in this fantastic radio series? It gets thousands of views, but no one ever seems to want to talk about it with me. 

I think they're creeping up on episode ten.

Pinkie's Pie
Pinkie's Pie
Foal

Back to top Go down

Post by squeak-anon Thu Dec 05, 2013 10:57 am

Thanks a bunch Swicked! 

It's always very nice to hear people enjoy the show, do tell me what you think as you progress through the series, I do love getting feedback!

While I'm here I may as well post some of the Motion Comic art

Fallout Equestria Tales of a Junk Pony Peddler Peddla10
squeak-anon
squeak-anon
Colt/Filly

Back to top Go down

Post by squeak-anon Fri Dec 06, 2013 4:58 am

Well, that is certainly a unique way of reviewing you have there. In many case I'm quite glad you seem to be enjoying the show despite the occasional qualms. I really do have quite a nice voice team behind it, and you can thank them for making the dialogue seem natural and unforcedforced. A fellow who goes by Draginite voices Peddler, and Starry Flame voices Sun Beam. Mr.Sandman is one of my favorite episodes we've done, so I'm very happy to hear you liked it, Fabrizio did a fabulous job as Goggles. You are officially one third of the way through the existing episodes, though hopefully when you get to the end there will be a 10th as well. Do keep me updated.
squeak-anon
squeak-anon
Colt/Filly

Back to top Go down

Post by squeak-anon Fri Dec 06, 2013 12:36 pm

swicked wrote:Just to re-state, since you didn't really address it but I wasn't all that clear to begin with, I think my biggest complaint is that his internal voice, which I think are his thoughts and NOT narration, is weirdly disjointed from what is happening to him.
While singing lyrics to music, he was able to keep up a lot of internal argument. That's some impressive thought-juggling. His inner voice was also extremely calm while wrestling for his life with a knife-wielding thief.
he's thinking in his head "I guess he was just a thief. He had a good five years on me and was a unicorn, despite, so it was obvious how this was going to go down" and etc. instead of "FUCK FUCK KNIFE OW FUCK" like anyone other than someone trained in combat would do. Though, someone trained in combat would have their calm, rational internal thoughts directly focused on the task at hand, IE getting that knife away from his attacker and finding some way to either bring him down or stall for an opening.
It doesn't work quite so well, I think.

His terrible demeanor in the marketplace made me also think he either is, or was previously, maybe some kind of military pony. He's just so hostile I don't see him as having grown up a merchant.
Is that right?

Lastly, if the situation regarding Sunbeam introducing herself hadn't been so distressing, I wish she'd had the wherewithal to call herself something like "Spectacular Sunbeam", then insisted "Prodigious Peddler" always call her by her full name Spike
Well, Peddler's inner monologues are meant to serve a bit narration, as well as a bit of of a running ticker of what's going though his head at the moment. They're not really live thoughts, they kind of switch between the past and present tenses in order to either present a moment as calm and urgent. It is mostly out of necessity of the medium. If I had Peddler screaming in his head about the fight and just saying "Ow! Knife! OhGodOhGod!" the listener would have very little idea what was going on in that fight besides that Peddler had been hurt in some way. It helps to set the scene and create the atmosphere, so the calm voice, disjointed from what's currently going on to him in real time serves to both show Peddler is fairly calm of mind, and make it easy for the listener to create a picture of what's going on around him. An overly emotional voice that reacted the way a regular person would to the situation Peddler finds himself in would be far harder to follow. Plus those thoughts are often in past tense, so if it helps, he thought those things, after he got done singing, and you're just hearing the echos.
squeak-anon
squeak-anon
Colt/Filly

Back to top Go down

Post by squeak-anon Fri Dec 06, 2013 2:42 pm

swicked wrote:Okay, so... it's both and neither. It is his present thoughts sometimes, at others it's narration, and it either swaps or covers both depending on where the writing goes.
'Cause, even for the fight, Peddler wasn't focused. He described what the thief was doing at times, but at others he was just bemoaning that this was a battle he would lose, that the other pony was stronger and younger than he was, and that... oops, now he his leg has been cut open. He was still not focused on what was literally going on and what he needed to do to stay alive.
Alright, then.
He was focused, and concerned on what he needed to do to survive while he was fighting, he did what a sensible, serious person would do in a fight, try to keep track of their opponents movements. His main worry was about that gun, and not letting him get enough space between the two of them to fire. Not to mention saying 'I punched him' and 'I kicked him' over and over again in a radioplay would quickly get repetitive. Peddler's perspective is mostly describing the world around him and the obstacles he faces. He rarely goes into detail about his own actions or plans to the listener while doing them. Like during the Slaver episode, he never thought 'I'm going to trick this slaver' out loud to the audience. It's not his style, so in a fight, he wouldn't go over what he's doing as he does it, he'd go over the advantages of his advisory and what he needs to do to stay alive. His main worry was about the space between the two of them, he knew that if there was enough space to fire, that he would die, that is a very sharp focus on what it takes to stay alive in that particular fight. Doing fight scenes in a radioplay is an interesting challenge I'll admit though, you really can't do it the same way you would in a fic, or it really would just be flat narration.
squeak-anon
squeak-anon
Colt/Filly

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down