Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

+21
iLateralGX
Quotidian
tylertoon2
Downloaded Skill
Kippershy
IncoherentOrange
CamoBadger
Cptadder
OneMoreDaySK
RoboRed
O. Hinds
Moodyman90
Ironmonger
Caoimhe
Harmony Ltd.
Stringtheory
Frost
Sindri
Ketchup
CannonFodder
Valikdu
25 posters

Page 2 of 32 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17 ... 32  Next

Go down

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 2 Empty Re: [Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

Post by Cptadder Mon Feb 18, 2013 8:20 am

Sindri wrote:Dead Money is a place that you hate and fear, and that's exactly what you paid for so it's great.

As opposed to the Pitt, which was advertised as a large area filled with complex branching plots and grey moral decisions, but instead was nothing but a shitty maze and a single roailroaded quest.
Exactly, the Pitt at it's heart is boring, there's nothing to do and your locked in 90% of the time with something you need to do RIGHT NOW. By contrast you have several very clear points in Dead Money were you can say "yeah whatever" and start stealing everything not nailed down. At least until you find a hammer to start stealing the stuff that is nailed down... and the nails.

Dead Money had atmosphere, the Pitt had slavers and the only bit that was interesting was the bridge of landmines and the dead sections of the city. But I only visited there once to get the ingots and after that who cares the trogs were easy as heck to kill.
Cptadder
Cptadder
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 118

Back to top Go down

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 2 Empty Re: [Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

Post by Harmony Ltd. Mon Feb 18, 2013 3:51 pm

Not exactly music game, but I think I've found the perfect "theme" regarding Littlepip's feeling for Velvet Remedy before she "grew up" of it and found Homage :

Vera Lynn - I had the craziest dream

Lyrics:

I just imagine this playing in LP's earbud while they're walking toward ManeHatten / ManeHattan / however the fuck you spell that, with Velvet and Calamity walking a few yards ahead ; LP being lost in her thoughts, her eyes inadvertently locked on Velvet's rump.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 543

Back to top Go down

Post by CamoBadger Mon Feb 18, 2013 4:01 pm

I still wish she'd been shipped with Calamity instead. Would've been so much better than whatever that shit with Homage was.
CamoBadger
CamoBadger
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 588

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Mon Feb 18, 2013 4:05 pm

See, I've heard a lot of people criticize the romance aspect of FoE, and the LP / Velvet & LP / Homage relationships in particular, and maybe it's the fact I've only read it once and quite a long time ago now, but I don't get the airquote hate end-airquote surrounding it.

Would you mind explaining to me your point of view ?
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Ketchup Mon Feb 18, 2013 4:10 pm

I'm more of the one to think that they hooked up because of common morals(ish) and there simply being nobody else.
Ketchup
Ketchup
The Condiment

Brohoof! : 114

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by CamoBadger Mon Feb 18, 2013 4:12 pm

It's not an actual relationship, yet it's portrayed that they're deeply in love.
They just have sex constantly whenever they meet up, but we're expected to believe that they love each other so much and that they're an amazing couple and that Lil'Pip is giving up so much by going into the SPP because she's losing her true love after they've only seen each other like 3 times in the story. (by the way, that's more bullshit because Homage is able to go see her whenever. So much for 'ultimate sacrifice'.)
CamoBadger
CamoBadger
Royal Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by IncoherentOrange Mon Feb 18, 2013 4:19 pm

The development is nearly nonexistent. It just happens. It seems to me almost like Kkat thought that 'Pip required a romantic partner after pairing Calamity and Velvet.
Seems kind of extraneous, but it isn't really jarring to me.
IncoherentOrange
IncoherentOrange
Ursa Major

Brohoof! : 22

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Mon Feb 18, 2013 5:05 pm

Hey Camo, once you've read the latest chapter of PH< I got something to ask of you.
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Brohoof! : 121

Character List:
Name: Crimson Wings / Cherry Sundae
Sex: Male / Female
Species: Pegasus / Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Downloaded Skill Mon Feb 18, 2013 5:12 pm

Eh, my interpretation is that Homage really didn't love Pip, but more respected the ideals Littlepip has. Partly also as a way to humor herself. Homage clearly enjoyed embarrassing Pip and the jokes cracked at her expense. Pip just reads more into it out of lack of familiarity with relationships, seeing as how she has a friendless background. She associates love with sex when it isn't the case.
Downloaded Skill
Downloaded Skill
Unicorn

Brohoof! : 81

Back to top Go down

Post by Valikdu Mon Feb 18, 2013 5:26 pm

You know what would be real funny?

So, we see the ending of 3.13, Twilight flies at the camera and... this.

Last edited by Valikdu on Mon Feb 18, 2013 5:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Valikdu
Valikdu
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 192

Character List:
Name: Ion Storm
Sex: Female
Species: First One

Back to top Go down

Post by CamoBadger Mon Feb 18, 2013 5:29 pm

Kippershy wrote:Hey Camo, once you've read the latest chapter of PH< I got something to ask of you.
That'll be a long while. I'm still on ch40...soooo, just go ahead and PM me the question. Don't worry about spoiling anything, I already know most of what happens after the point I'm on.
CamoBadger
CamoBadger
Royal Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Mon Feb 18, 2013 5:30 pm

Oh, on the matter of the Failpip "romance" in the original...

Why the hell do you think romance has such a strong focus in my own story?
...no, it's not because I'm a pervert. BAD ANSWER, BAD.
(Well, yes, I AM a pervert but that's not the reason.)

It's a mixture of general storyline but just as much so the fact that no other story really handles romance well in FOE stories.

All That Remains has some good scenes for Felix but it's not been a proper, full on romance for him. Just a few crushes which lead to something sweet / adorable.

Aside from that, I once believed in PH and the potential between BJ/Glory but these days it's just... there's basically nothing there between them aside from BJ doing what she does and the romance never gets any focus for, you know, actual romance.

Which reminds me, I need to add more actual screentime of actual romance.
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by CamoBadger Mon Feb 18, 2013 5:34 pm

*smacks with a newspaper* BAD KIPPER! You do not compare my story to others. It's not nearly good enough for that.
CamoBadger
CamoBadger
Royal Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Stringtheory Mon Feb 18, 2013 5:38 pm

CamoBadger wrote:*smacks with a newspaper* BAD KIPPER! You do not compare my story to others. It's not nearly good enough for that.
But it really is that good... Shy
Stringtheory
Stringtheory
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 97

Back to top Go down

Post by OneMoreDaySK Mon Feb 18, 2013 5:41 pm

Huh, found something curious:
Spoiler:
OneMoreDaySK
OneMoreDaySK
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 56

Character List:
Name: Alouette
Sex: Female
Species: Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Mon Feb 18, 2013 5:42 pm

CamoBadger wrote:*smacks with a newspaper* BAD KIPPER! You do not compare my story to others. It's not nearly good enough for that.

Personally I think your story is better than my own in it's ways.
I mean, sure, I've got the bigger storyline (in terms of scale) (which, isn't better by default may I add) and I've got a more focused romance aspect, but you handle description, characters and general writing style better than my own.

So yeah, your story is definitely good enough for that. Also, I'm still peeved that they've not added your fic to the Fallout Equestria related fics page for mini spotlight.
I also tried to get it onto the bi-weekly feature for the other group, but came in too late and found out you'd already put my story up for it. That caused some lulz when I noticed and was like WAITWUT

Last edited by Kippershy on Tue Feb 19, 2013 8:04 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : lol oops, used you're instead of your)
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sindri Mon Feb 18, 2013 6:05 pm

CamoBadger wrote:It's not an actual relationship, yet it's portrayed that they're deeply in love.
They just have sex constantly whenever they meet up, but we're expected to believe that they love each other so much and that they're an amazing couple and that Lil'Pip is giving up so much by going into the SPP because she's losing her true love after they've only seen each other like 3 times in the story. (by the way, that's more bullshit because Homage is able to go see her whenever. So much for 'ultimate sacrifice'.)
Homage was looking for a hero, somepony to look up to and offer her love to and support and maybe make things better by proxy. Littlepip was looking for someone who was female and interested, and needed somepony to fight for and to relieve stress with. They both found what they were looking for, what they wanted and what they needed, in each other.
Was it "true love?" Maybe not.
Did they ever end up falling in love with each other, or just declare themselves to be in a relationship and force it to work? Dunno, we saw very little of their relationship.
Looking at it objectively, it's hardly "romantic" at all. A couple of friends, in one of their brief moments of respite from constant horror and death, noticed that they were sexually compatible and probably the best chance they'd ever have at a relationship, and proceeded to fuck desperately because they both knew they'd likely never get another chance.
Is it the healthiest basis of a relationship in human terms? Eenope.
But in the Wasteland? It's a great deal better a basis than most. Options are limited, and anypony who waits around for some idealized "true love" is going to die cold and alone, and probably sooner rather than later. Not everypony can be as lucky as Velvet and Calamity.

Aaand I made myself sad.
Sindri
Sindri
Changeling

Brohoof! : 171

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Mon Feb 18, 2013 6:12 pm

Okay, I've got an answer to all of this:

Sindri wrote:Homage was looking for a hero, somepony to look
up to and offer her love

Sindri wrote:Littlepip was looking for someone who was female and interested,
and needed somepony to fight for and to relieve stress with.

What they loved was what they could provide each-other, more so than one another themselves.
Littlepip provided Homage with hope, hope for a new future - a better future.
Because of this, she gave LP all her love in the form of eating pip out constantly as to show how she appreciated the idea of a better world.
LP was her thing to cling to, her hope.

LP needed someone to fuck, badly. She needed someone to fuck and someone to look forward to (and fuck).
She found that in Homage and thus when Homage said "if you're a good pony, I'll love you" she saw "if you're a good pony, I'll fuck you."

She was holding onto the hope of someone to be there for her more than anything else. Someone to eat her out constantly.

That is why they went hand in hand, they were both able to provide just what the other was after.
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Mon Feb 18, 2013 6:14 pm

Well, maybe it's because from my point of view, you do with what you have and try to build your happiness from there instead of constantly hoping for a better deal, but I don't see the fact that both Homage and Littlepip were desperate to be with someone else as a bad thing story-wise. In fact, treated well this could even be a very interesting plot point.

Edit : also, what Kipper said.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Mon Feb 18, 2013 6:17 pm

Kipper's explanations are always amusing.

Ironmonger
Daemon Prince of Bad Puns

Brohoof! : 290

Character List:
Name: Cast Iron
Sex: Male
Species: Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Mon Feb 18, 2013 6:22 pm

Hahha. I'm glad you think so.
I just say it how it really is.
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Mon Feb 18, 2013 6:29 pm

Well shit, it seems like I'm an alicorn now.

whoop-dee-fucking-doo
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Downloaded Skill Mon Feb 18, 2013 6:31 pm

Harmony Ltd. wrote:Well shit, it seems like I'm an alicorn now.

whoop-dee-fucking-doo

Babsicorn. Make it happen.
Downloaded Skill
Downloaded Skill
Unicorn

Brohoof! : 81

Back to top Go down

Post by tylertoon2 Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:34 pm

swicked wrote:I think it was really just about Homage.
She'd seen so many other heroes fail in the past, her last love being one of them.
She wanted to encourage Littlepip so, yeah, she gave her a lay.
It then became all about paying her back for all the amazing things she'd do... first and foremost, simply staying alive.

Littlepip never really thought about it. Their relationship was just something that happened to her. Every step of it was Homage and Littlepip really just enjoyed it without thinking much about it, liking to feel wanted and etc.
Even in the end her relationship was still kinda hollow, Homage taking the lead.

Littlepip never NEEDED someone to fuck. She wanted one, most teens do. They eventually mature out of it. She wanted someone to give her the time of day, make her feel wanted and desirable as opposed to being a misfit, but... these were feelings she would have grown out of in her own stable, eventually. One does not stay perpetually in puberty like that.

But now that Homage has basically claimed her, Littlepip is passive enough to just go with it. It's nice. Littlepip honestly would do anything for Homage, but yeah... it's not really love. It's not a connection on any personal level beyond sexual intimacy, and I don't think it would hold up if they actually had to live with each other, let alone if Littlepip still had any options, all twisted up and lonely in the SPP, only visit-able through being burned alive.

Annnnnnnd I'm sad now.
I agree with everyone that it was way too short for anything to be meaningful. But ya know the wasteland.

To be completely honest though I could see it working out for them if they had more time together. Then again I think I should leave it to those who have more experience in such matters.

I will continue to say however how absolutely adorable they are and THAT OVERRIDES ALL OPINIONS!
tylertoon2
tylertoon2
Hydra

Brohoof! : 51

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

https://www.youtube.com/user/tylertoon2

Back to top Go down

Post by Moodyman90 Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:03 pm

Yeah, but then you have to think about how many of those heroes took the time to actually seek out Pon3, let alone Homage.
Moodyman90
Moodyman90
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 163

Character List:
Name: Moody Blues/ Moodstone
Sex: Male/ Male
Species: Earth Pony/ Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Ketchup Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:06 pm

I think she said something about Pip being 'special'.
What that means for her promiscuity is unknown to me.
Ketchup
Ketchup
The Condiment

Brohoof! : 114

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by tylertoon2 Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:50 pm

swicked wrote:Why sad?
It's still something. More than either of them would have had, otherwise.

You just gotta wonder how many other would-be heroes Homage had tried to similarly comfort. I wouldn't think a lot but, given how quickly she shacked up with LP, I certainly don't think that was the first.

Because she, like Spike, had seen many heroes in their time.

Sorry I'm just a Teenager who knows the adult standards of love. But I can't help but getting sad when that is pointed out, that and I'm a sucker for lovey dovey shit and I thought of Lilpip and Homage as a lot more than it really is.

I'm pretty sure she was the first since Jokeblue at least.
Somewhere when they were in Zecora's Hut, Pip was talking to Life Bloom about Homage, He talked about how she had been hurting since her death and that he was glad to see Homage to have someone new. So I'm pretty sure he would of mentioned if she had been banging every hero that came her way.

Edit: sorry for the rambling

Also my tounge is burnt from eating wicked hot chili earlier, anyone got any ideas to help burnt tongue
tylertoon2
tylertoon2
Hydra

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sindri Tue Feb 19, 2013 1:13 am

tylertoon2 wrote:Also my tounge is burnt from eating wicked hot chili earlier, anyone got any ideas to help burnt tongue
Milk is good. Yogurt is better. If you have low-acid orange juice that's also nice. Or you can use wasabi to just cut off sensation from your mouth for a while.
Sindri
Sindri
Changeling

Back to top Go down

Post by tylertoon2 Tue Feb 19, 2013 1:26 am

Sindri wrote:
tylertoon2 wrote:Also my tounge is burnt from eating wicked hot chili earlier, anyone got any ideas to help burnt tongue
Milk is good. Yogurt is better. If you have low-acid orange juice that's also nice. Or you can use wasabi to just cut off sensation from your mouth for a while.

Orange juice did help! Thankiees!
tylertoon2
tylertoon2
Hydra

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sindri Tue Feb 19, 2013 1:32 am

tylertoon2 wrote:Orange juice did help! Thankiees!
I was helpful!
[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 2 Scoota10

I should probably go to bed. I'm slipping into the wacky phase of sleep deprivation.
Sindri
Sindri
Changeling

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 32 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17 ... 32  Next