Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Page 4 of 34 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 19 ... 34  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by Cptadder on Tue Jan 29, 2013 8:12 pm

I peg FoE cannon as the Crystal Empire. The Crystal Empire not returning would have had such a huge butterfly effect. Remember without the Crystal Empire and Sombra, there is no reason to put Twilight on her path to the Season 3 end-game.



avatar
Cptadder
Alicorn

Posts : 1751
Brohoof! : 118
Join date : 2012-06-03
Age : 33

Back to top Go down

Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by CannonFodder on Tue Jan 29, 2013 8:22 pm

Mister Nikel wrote:And so FoE canon was annihilated. Remember this day lads. Alright and now back to /mlp/ watching the shitstorm of the century.
"And here is Cannon with the weather forecast"
Thanks newsreporter. I'm on the beach where shitstorm twilicorngate is beginning to make landfall. As you can see the superstorm completely blankets the sky and it just now making it's way to the coast. Bronies are advised to take a chill pill and wait until the actual episode airs. If the next 24 hours we expect the fandom to be completely engulfed in the drama. If you see any art in your deviantart inbox on the subject don't look at the comments. We are also advising people to hide "twilicorngate" and "alicorn drama" until the episode airs on your derpibooru account. You can already see the waves of people ragequitting the fandom washing ashore now and making complaints about the show "pandering" to bronies as well as the generic "this fandom has changed we used to be about love and tolerance" posts. We advice you to not walk directly in the path of these oncoming waves otherwise be swept up in droves of angry white knighters defending the drama whore. Be advice that when the superstorm is done there is also the danger of the riptide effect of ". . . So guys. . I didn't leave the fandom after all".

Also be advised that having any sort of logical or reasonable opinion to not voice it until the episode airs or be washed up in the drama. While it is okay to dislike the idea of twilight becoming a alicorn for fear of her becoming a walking deus ex machina or such you will be washed away in the waves of drama of people being unreasonable if you aren't careful.

"Thanks Cannon, here's Chet with sports"
avatar
CannonFodder
Unicorn

Posts : 328
Brohoof! : 5
Join date : 2012-11-05

http://cf6.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by Exodus Hero on Tue Jan 29, 2013 8:47 pm

CannonFodder wrote:
Mister Nikel wrote:And so FoE canon was annihilated. Remember this day lads. Alright and now back to /mlp/ watching the shitstorm of the century.
"And here is Cannon with the weather forecast"
Thanks newsreporter. I'm on the beach where shitstorm twilicorngate is beginning to make landfall. As you can see the superstorm completely blankets the sky and it just now making it's way to the coast. Bronies are advised to take a chill pill and wait until the actual episode airs. If the next 24 hours we expect the fandom to be completely engulfed in the drama. If you see any art in your deviantart inbox on the subject don't look at the comments. We are also advising people to hide "twilicorngate" and "alicorn drama" until the episode airs on your derpibooru account. You can already see the waves of people ragequitting the fandom washing ashore now and making complaints about the show "pandering" to bronies as well as the generic "this fandom has changed we used to be about love and tolerance" posts. We advice you to not walk directly in the path of these oncoming waves otherwise be swept up in droves of angry white knighters defending the drama whore. Be advice that when the superstorm is done there is also the danger of the riptide effect of ". . . So guys. . I didn't leave the fandom after all".

Also be advised that having any sort of logical or reasonable opinion to not voice it until the episode airs or be washed up in the drama. While it is okay to dislike the idea of twilight becoming a alicorn for fear of her becoming a walking deus ex machina or such you will be washed away in the waves of drama of people being unreasonable if you aren't careful.

"Thanks Cannon, here's Chet with sports"

That was brilliant!
avatar
Exodus Hero
Stallion/Mare

Posts : 89
Brohoof! : 15
Join date : 2013-01-17
Location : Middle Earth 2!

Character List:
Name: Penny Dust
Sex: Male
Species: Filthy Mud Pony

http://exodushero.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by Caoimhe on Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:00 pm

God damnit, I've been trying to avoid spoilers about this, then in a random article about something completely unrelated, EqD links to a youtube vid that reveals the news. RRRrrRrrRrr

It's nice, however that FoE is now so unrelated to canon rather than ever-so-slightly-may-be-explainable that anything can happen now.
avatar
Caoimhe
Alicorn

Posts : 1182
Brohoof! : 264
Join date : 2012-07-11
Location : Providence, RI

Character List:
Name: Comma, Splice
Sex: Female
Species: Sentence fragment

Back to top Go down

Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by O. Hinds on Wed Jan 30, 2013 1:19 am

I just stumbled across this reference:
Pipsqueak's Day Off wrote:Next to my wardrobe is a large cardboard box with books spilling out the top. The books are a mere ruse, I move them aside to reveal several 2' by 1' wooden crates with 'Wild Pegasus' stamped on the front. Six crates, twelve bottles each, seventy-two bottles of bourbon total. The crates were a gift from Mulekick Brewing Industries to my mother after she spearheaded their Wild Pegasus marketing campaign. She's the reason it's what Blackjack drinks in the Fallout: Equestria television spinoff Project Horizons. I was mixing the drinks for everpony in the room when the deal was made. Everypony praised her for being so innovative, but mother and I were quite frankly shocked that nopony had thought of it before. When you think about it, bourbon and the apocalypse is possibly the most natural match-up in marketing history.
avatar
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Posts : 4843
Brohoof! : 382
Join date : 2012-05-09

Character List:
Name: Ris Haends Aeronauticus
Sex: Male
Species: Zebra

Back to top Go down

Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by Cptadder on Wed Jan 30, 2013 8:45 pm

What's that reference from O.Hinds?
I see it's from Pipsqueaks day out but I'm confused as hell.
avatar
Cptadder
Alicorn

Posts : 1751
Brohoof! : 118
Join date : 2012-06-03
Age : 33

Back to top Go down

Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by O. Hinds on Wed Jan 30, 2013 9:23 pm

Cptadder wrote:What's that reference from O.Hinds?
I see it's from Pipsqueaks day out but I'm confused as hell.
...What? You can see what the reference is from, but you're asking me what the reference is from and are very confused?
avatar
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Posts : 4843
Brohoof! : 382
Join date : 2012-05-09

Character List:
Name: Ris Haends Aeronauticus
Sex: Male
Species: Zebra

Back to top Go down

Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by Moodyman90 on Wed Jan 30, 2013 9:26 pm

He means that up until now he didn't know "Pipesqueak's Day Out" was a thing and maybe requires a link directly to it.
avatar
Moodyman90
Draconequus

Posts : 8257
Brohoof! : 163
Join date : 2012-05-09
Age : 27

Character List:
Name: Moody Blues/ Moodstone
Sex: Male/ Male
Species: Earth Pony/ Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by O. Hinds on Wed Jan 30, 2013 9:32 pm

Oh, sorry! I assumed that anyone who didn't already know about it would just search for it.
FIMFiction link.
avatar
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Posts : 4843
Brohoof! : 382
Join date : 2012-05-09

Character List:
Name: Ris Haends Aeronauticus
Sex: Male
Species: Zebra

Back to top Go down

Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by Moodyman90 on Wed Jan 30, 2013 9:38 pm

Others might, I wouldn't.

Only reason I'm here right now is due to me being on a Fallout kick nearly a year ago and after typing up "Fallout" in the TV Tropes search bar I saw "Fallout Equestria" and that was too unbelievable to not click on and look up.

Other then that, it's easier to pass something through Congress then to get me to read a fic.
avatar
Moodyman90
Draconequus

Posts : 8257
Brohoof! : 163
Join date : 2012-05-09
Age : 27

Character List:
Name: Moody Blues/ Moodstone
Sex: Male/ Male
Species: Earth Pony/ Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by jacky2734 on Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:07 pm

Aaand on a completely unrelated topic:
I happened to glance at Somber's Brohoof count, and I do believe that he has the highest Brohoof count on the entire forum. Does everybody just immediately brohoof him whenever he makes a post?

Also, hate to ask but, can we have an update on the next chapter? I just got back into the story and I'm hoping to get another chapter while the fire is still burning at it's hottest.
avatar
jacky2734
Alicorn

Posts : 4272
Brohoof! : 36
Join date : 2012-05-09
Location : Colorado, USA

Character List:
Name: Kage/Searing Willow
Sex: male/male
Species: Gryphon/Deer

Back to top Go down

Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by O. Hinds on Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:32 pm

jacky2734 wrote:Also, hate to ask but, can we have an update on the next chapter? I just got back into the story and I'm hoping to get another chapter while the fire is still burning at it's hottest.
Somber sent me about four pages a few days ago for my opinion, and they looked pretty good to me. No idea what any other testers might have thought, though, or when it'll be ready for brushing, or when we'll have the intersecting timeslots for brushing. Sorry.
avatar
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Posts : 4843
Brohoof! : 382
Join date : 2012-05-09

Character List:
Name: Ris Haends Aeronauticus
Sex: Male
Species: Zebra

Back to top Go down

Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by jacky2734 on Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:44 pm

Thanks Hinds. Have a brohoof.
avatar
jacky2734
Alicorn

Posts : 4272
Brohoof! : 36
Join date : 2012-05-09
Location : Colorado, USA

Character List:
Name: Kage/Searing Willow
Sex: male/male
Species: Gryphon/Deer

Back to top Go down

Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by WavemasterRyx on Thu Jan 31, 2013 7:02 am

OneMoreDaySK wrote:Your art is wonderful as always. But for an authentic Blackjack Body Pillow, you'd need to put some steel plating. XD
Thank you sir. And of course, an authentic pillow would require that, and some scent packs that smell like whiskey.
SilentCarto wrote:I don't really have anything to say other than "D'awwwwwww...!" But there you go.
I happily accept any and all "D'awww"s!
Meleagridis wrote:The phrase "blanket of mares" pops up. I couldn't quite explain why, but this one makes it hit home that Blackjack is basically wearing armour she can't take off anymore, not even to respect a tender moment. It's a little easier to see why she was so hesitant about the upgrade.
Well that's good, since that's the scene I was trying to depict, heh. I was just talking about that with someone today, how lying on her back like that, it really shows just how little of "Blackjack" is really left. At least she can take off the crotch guard that the armor comes with in my head canon though!

Mister Nikel wrote:And so FoE canon was annihilated. Remember this day lads. Alright and now back to /mlp/ watching the shitstorm of the century.
Honestly, I care about this just as little as every other time FoE canon has been "destroyed". If I really cared that much, I would have stopped watching the show when it broke from PH canon, and I haven't.
jacky2734 wrote:Aaand on a completely unrelated topic:
I happened to glance at Somber's Brohoof count, and I do believe that he has the highest Brohoof count on the entire forum. Does everybody just immediately brohoof him whenever he makes a post?
Not at all, I only brohoof Somber when he makes a post that I feel deserves a brohoof. It's just that happens to be most of them.


Also, I bring a few links:

Spoiler:
http://boo-project-horizons.tumblr.com/post/41937600534

[health warning] http://wavemasterryx.tumblr.com/post/41695045079
and http://wavemasterryx.tumblr.com/post/41922236200
avatar
WavemasterRyx
Hydra

Posts : 599
Brohoof! : 376
Join date : 2012-05-09
Age : 32
Location : Happyhorn Gardens

Back to top Go down

Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by skibadaa on Thu Jan 31, 2013 7:45 am

Cptadder wrote:I peg FoE cannon as the Crystal Empire. The Crystal Empire not returning would have had such a huge butterfly effect. Remember without the Crystal Empire and Sombra, there is no reason to put Twilight on her path to the Season 3 end-game.




Yeah, I agree with this. The start of S3/end of S2 always seemed like the most logical place for the FIM and FO:E universes to start diverging. I mean, Cadance, Shining Armour and the Chrysalis are all concepts with lots of wiggle room for inclusion in FO:E, but Twilight as an alicorn princess is a game breaking blue screen of death IMOP. Spike
avatar
skibadaa
Colt/Filly

Posts : 17
Brohoof! : 3
Join date : 2012-12-31
Age : 32
Location : Southwest, UK

Back to top Go down

Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by Kippershy on Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:01 am

That commisson is absolutely utterly adorable, wavey.
avatar
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Posts : 3480
Brohoof! : 121
Join date : 2012-05-09
Age : 26
Location : Essex, England

Character List:
Name: Crimson Wings / Cherry Sundae
Sex: Male / Female
Species: Pegasus / Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by Meleagridis on Thu Jan 31, 2013 4:30 pm

Thunderhead is the faction that went to war with the griffins, right?




I keep noticing a symbol on the snack cakes. What is it?
avatar
Meleagridis
Ursa Major

Posts : 866
Brohoof! : 134
Join date : 2012-05-09
Location : Location, Location

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by Harmony Ltd. on Thu Jan 31, 2013 4:52 pm

Looks like some kind of lace.
avatar
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Posts : 8732
Brohoof! : 543
Join date : 2012-05-17
Age : 27
Location : Fancee

Back to top Go down

Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by WavemasterRyx on Thu Jan 31, 2013 5:24 pm

Kippershy wrote:That commisson is absolutely utterly adorable, wavey.
Thank you, Kipper~ Apparently the person who owns the happy Smooze really liked it too, so that's good. XD
Meleagridis wrote:I keep noticing a symbol on the snack cakes. What is it?
Ah that, that is a little ribbon thingy that's on the original snack cake packaging. I figured it would be a good design element to bring over to the FoE variant packaging (changing color to correspond with the flavor of the cakes, which would be printed below), but then when I was drawing the cake for the poster, I decided since it looked so empty, that I'd put it stamped into the tops of the cakes too. I'm not going to do that for every picture though, just certain ones, like that poster.
avatar
WavemasterRyx
Hydra

Posts : 599
Brohoof! : 376
Join date : 2012-05-09
Age : 32
Location : Happyhorn Gardens

Back to top Go down

Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by Overlong Analysis Cobalt on Thu Jan 31, 2013 5:56 pm

@Wavey
Very nice! These are all great, especially the one meant to help us differentiate between cakes and notcakes. Adorable!
avatar
Overlong Analysis Cobalt
Alicorn

Posts : 2251
Brohoof! : 230
Join date : 2012-05-09
Age : 25
Location : MA and WI, usually.

Back to top Go down

Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by Kippershy on Thu Jan 31, 2013 6:03 pm

My personal headcanon is that this is going to be the ending song for PH
avatar
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Posts : 3480
Brohoof! : 121
Join date : 2012-05-09
Age : 26
Location : Essex, England

Character List:
Name: Crimson Wings / Cherry Sundae
Sex: Male / Female
Species: Pegasus / Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by Overlong Analysis Cobalt on Thu Jan 31, 2013 6:22 pm

I would be okay with that. Very okay, even. (Though, as the writer of the song notes, it is a tad off beat on occasion - still good and quite pretty. Oh and the attack [that's what it's called, I think - the "hittiness" of each key press] is a bit strong sometimes IMO, but I'm not a music expert by any stretch of the imagination so I could be totally off base) Like, I wouldn't want this to be an epilogue's music, exactly, but the end before that? Definitely could see it.
avatar
Overlong Analysis Cobalt
Alicorn

Posts : 2251
Brohoof! : 230
Join date : 2012-05-09
Age : 25
Location : MA and WI, usually.

Back to top Go down

Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by WavemasterRyx on Thu Jan 31, 2013 7:22 pm

Overlong Analysis Cobalt wrote:Very nice! These are all great, especially the one meant to help us differentiate between cakes and notcakes. Adorable!
Thank you, OAC *hugs*
It's a very important difference.

Kippershy wrote:My personal headcanon is that this is going to be the ending song for PH
I could see that as working, yeah. Unless PH has a surprisingly happy ending, in which case it needs a heavy metal ending theme.
avatar
WavemasterRyx
Hydra

Posts : 599
Brohoof! : 376
Join date : 2012-05-09
Age : 32
Location : Happyhorn Gardens

Back to top Go down

Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by swicked on Thu Jan 31, 2013 7:36 pm

jacky2734 wrote:I happened to glance at Somber's Brohoof count, and I do believe that he has the highest Brohoof count on the entire forum. Does everybody just immediately brohoof him whenever he makes a post?
Not everyone, but I don't think I've seen a post go by without the green bar being next to it.
I would figure he has the most, but there's no scoreboard for it like there is with postcount.

swicked
Royal Alicorn

Posts : 6598
Brohoof! : 960
Join date : 2012-05-17

Back to top Go down

Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by CannonFodder on Thu Jan 31, 2013 7:58 pm

WavemasterRyx wrote:I could see that as working, yeah. Unless PH has a surprisingly happy ending, in which case it needs a heavy metal ending theme.
I agree that song fits.

As for the topic of when PH eventually ends I like how all the major story arcs and story lines are all meeting up and ending not rushed, nor dragged out, but perfectly. What I mean by that is the P-21 side story and how he accepts scotch tape as his daughter is perfect. It's not super duper happy, or super duper sad cause well it's the wasteland. Rather it's a solid ending. I like how rampage is finally getting psychological help and finally figuring out who she is. I like how Lacunae's side story is ending soon and soon the goddess is going to die. Even though it was a bit of a sudden twist, I still think Psychoshy's meeting Stygius was a good way for her to find happiness. I like how Deus is finding his inner marauder again. The only major story arcs left are the enclave and glory, the enclave, the hellhounds and project horizons.

Personally what I think how the story will eventually end isn't a good ending or a bad ending, but a realistic one. The reason why hoofington is such a death trap is because it resupplies items taken and everyone is willing to risk dying for potential wealth. Like how discord popped random bottlecaps in places, or cognitum gives the harbringers weaponry. What I personally think will happen at the end is glory's storyline ends with probably the authenticity of her "confession" being shot down, lighthooves being branded a dashite or killed for high treason, killing cognitum and thus scattering the harbringers, and shutting down project horizons. What that would accomplish is stopping hoofington from being such a death trap. No death trap means boom in trading. The downside of the tokomare being shut down is there goes the electricity(in all probability) and no more new items being produced like how the harbringers getting new guns. Once the trading boom goes bust it's just another destroyed city. What I mean by that is ten years down the line I think megamart will be a booming trading city, hoofington will be picked clean for the most part and chapel will be a suburb with blackjack and company no longer being needed.

Not a "I saved the world and everyone is singing peace on earth" ending and not a "The world is over" ending, but a "I'm no longer needed" ending. Oh I don't doubt blackjack will try and save everyone, that's just how she is. What I mean is after Littlepip goes into the SPP and the elements of harmony megaspell is used what else is there for her to do?


Tl:dr; I don't think project horizons is going to have a super happy ending or a dark ending, just blackjack literally running out of enemies to fight in the end and hoofington being picked clean.
avatar
CannonFodder
Unicorn

Posts : 328
Brohoof! : 5
Join date : 2012-11-05

http://cf6.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by Luminous Lead on Thu Jan 31, 2013 9:42 pm

CannonFodder wrote:
Personally what I think how the story will eventually end isn't a good ending or a bad ending, but a realistic one. The reason why hoofington is such a death trap is because it resupplies items taken and everyone is willing to risk dying for potential wealth. Like how discord popped random bottlecaps in places, or cognitum gives the harbringers weaponry. What I personally think will happen at the end is glory's storyline ends with probably the authenticity of her "confession" being shot down, lighthooves being branded a dashite or killed for high treason, killing cognitum and thus scattering the harbringers, and shutting down project horizons. What that would accomplish is stopping hoofington from being such a death trap. No death trap means boom in trading. The downside of the tokomare being shut down is there goes the electricity(in all probability) and no more new items being produced like how the harbringers getting new guns. Once the trading boom goes bust it's just another destroyed city. What I mean by that is ten years down the line I think megamart will be a booming trading city, hoofington will be picked clean for the most part and chapel will be a suburb with blackjack and company no longer being needed.

I'm of the opinion that Project Horizons isn't going to be "shut down", but rather "expended" or "defeated". All this foreshadowing and buildup necessitates a massive release. Given the feeling so far, this story is going to end with a really big bang, or some gigantic monster fight whereupon PH is drained/incorporated into an amalgamation.

As for Blackjack retiring peacefully... You can't built a character to be an unstoppable killing machine, fill it with neuroses, and then just put her in the closet when you run out of things to wave her at. The extreme mental abuse she's gone through so far neccessitates her growing more unstable and dangerous over time. The psyche ward stabilized things a bit, and her friends are certainly helping, but as long as she keeps wielding a sword with a direct connection to Tokomare she's going to be walking the path to a dark ending and she'll need to be put down. If they can destroy the EOS there'll be a chance she can recover, but otherwise her chances are circling the drain and eventually she'll end up getting sucked down for the final time.

Also, I'm of the opinion that Glaze&H8Seed's Awoken describes Lacunae/Psalm/TheGoddess pretty spot on. What do you guys think?


Last edited by Luminous Lead on Thu Jan 31, 2013 9:48 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Video link did not work)

Luminous Lead
Earth Pony

Posts : 116
Brohoof! : 21
Join date : 2012-09-23

http://www.fimfiction.net/user/Luminous%20Lead

Back to top Go down

Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by CannonFodder on Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:54 pm

Luminous Lead wrote:As for Blackjack retiring peacefully... You can't built a character to be an unstoppable killing machine, fill it with neuroses, and then just put her in the closet when you run out of things to wave her at. The extreme mental abuse she's gone through so far neccessitates her growing more unstable and dangerous over time. The psyche ward stabilized things a bit, and her friends are certainly helping, but as long as she keeps wielding a sword with a direct connection to Tokomare she's going to be walking the path to a dark ending and she'll need to be put down. If they can destroy the EOS there'll be a chance she can recover, but otherwise her chances are circling the drain and eventually she'll end up getting sucked down for the final time.
I'm not saying that I expect her to be forced to retire or anything. I just think at the end of the story blackjack and company are going to kill the tokomare and kill cognitum. Once they're dead who else would have the resources to go after her?
avatar
CannonFodder
Unicorn

Posts : 328
Brohoof! : 5
Join date : 2012-11-05

http://cf6.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by Retl on Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:12 pm

CannonFodder wrote:
Luminous Lead wrote:As for Blackjack retiring peacefully... You can't built a character to be an unstoppable killing machine, fill it with neuroses, and then just put her in the closet when you run out of things to wave her at. The extreme mental abuse she's gone through so far neccessitates her growing more unstable and dangerous over time. The psyche ward stabilized things a bit, and her friends are certainly helping, but as long as she keeps wielding a sword with a direct connection to Tokomare she's going to be walking the path to a dark ending and she'll need to be put down. If they can destroy the EOS there'll be a chance she can recover, but otherwise her chances are circling the drain and eventually she'll end up getting sucked down for the final time.
I'm not saying that I expect her to be forced to retire or anything. I just think at the end of the story blackjack and company are going to kill the tokomare and kill cognitum. Once they're dead who else would have the resources to go after her?

Possibly all of the same friends who helped put her back together again. Perhaps if they destroying Cognitum's current residence, Blackjack's level of technological augmentation would make her a suitable home for her own enemy. Could be a multi-phase boss style videogamey switch-over where all of Blackjack's closest friends promptly fall to her own hooves, and the ones we haven't seen for a while come back to put the maiden in her place.
avatar
Retl
Stallion/Mare

Posts : 67
Brohoof! : 6
Join date : 2013-01-14

Character List:
Name: Toy Bloon
Sex: Male
Species: Earth Pony

http://Retl.info

Back to top Go down

Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by tylertoon2 on Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:42 am

Retl wrote:
CannonFodder wrote:
Luminous Lead wrote:As for Blackjack retiring peacefully... You can't built a character to be an unstoppable killing machine, fill it with neuroses, and then just put her in the closet when you run out of things to wave her at. The extreme mental abuse she's gone through so far neccessitates her growing more unstable and dangerous over time. The psyche ward stabilized things a bit, and her friends are certainly helping, but as long as she keeps wielding a sword with a direct connection to Tokomare she's going to be walking the path to a dark ending and she'll need to be put down. If they can destroy the EOS there'll be a chance she can recover, but otherwise her chances are circling the drain and eventually she'll end up getting sucked down for the final time.
I'm not saying that I expect her to be forced to retire or anything. I just think at the end of the story blackjack and company are going to kill the tokomare and kill cognitum. Once they're dead who else would have the resources to go after her?

Possibly all of the same friends who helped put her back together again. Perhaps if they destroying Cognitum's current residence, Blackjack's level of technological augmentation would make her a suitable home for her own enemy. Could be a multi-phase boss style videogamey switch-over where all of Blackjack's closest friends promptly fall to her own hooves, and the ones we haven't seen for a while come back to put the maiden in her place.

That would be an amazing alternate ending.

But it would feel like a massive disappointment and downer at the end of all this.

I do agree that blackjack will never find peace with herself.

I think in my head that she, Glory and a few others will keep wandering the wastes looking for baddies to put down and help she can give to good ponies. That or she settles down with Glory but once she passes on and BJ is left alone she would probably do just that. Ends up being IM buddies with Lilpip and Celestia.

Eventually, she is known only in myth as the Security Mare, a celebrity in the wastes, occasionally showing up in towns to stock up and goes back out again. And tales will be told by NCR rangers of entire tribes of raiders found slaughtered, with only the number 99 found written there, cases and cases of whiskey being stolen, but paid for in various useful items left there and a short note saying thanks, piles of toys and books found left at the homes of children at hearths warming eve, and rarely short stories of when hoofington was an uglier place, tales of a security mare who sacrificed all she could and wasn't enough, and the loyal friends she met that help her, and evil monsters and ponies that roamed the land that were put down and sometimes fixed.

Sometimes those short stories would be told around the campfires of travelers, by a certain white mare, half drunk on whiskey, reminiscing on the best bad times of her life.

I don't know, that just popped into my head and I like it.
avatar
tylertoon2
Hydra

Posts : 642
Brohoof! : 51
Join date : 2012-05-18
Age : 21

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

http://www.youtube.com/user/tylertoon2

Back to top Go down

Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by Caoimhe on Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:21 pm

However it ends it can't be worse than the massive copout climax that vanilla FoE was: One of those stereotypical "gather everyone we ever met that isn't evil, watch them humorously interact for a few before protagonist instantly becomes accelerated to an uncharacteristic Patton-like leader" scenes followed by a rather uninteresting multi-scene battle from different viewpoints that doesn't mesh with the rest of the narration and an... average sorta one on one ending that left many questions (though I liked the circular ending).

I thought the epilogue was pretty lame as well and reduced the impact of the ending that I already didn't care for much and the attempt to reinsert Homage (a travesty already that Pip didn't really get to see her before the end) was pandering at best, almost like something you'd tell an upset child that learned his/her fav character died off screen for comfort.
avatar
Caoimhe
Alicorn

Posts : 1182
Brohoof! : 264
Join date : 2012-07-11
Location : Providence, RI

Character List:
Name: Comma, Splice
Sex: Female
Species: Sentence fragment

Back to top Go down

Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 34 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 19 ... 34  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum