Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Page 3 of 34 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 18 ... 34  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by O. Hinds on Sat Jan 26, 2013 4:11 pm

Another good picture, WavemasterRyx.
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Brohoof! : 382

Character List:
Name: Ris Haends Aeronauticus
Sex: Male
Species: Zebra

Back to top Go down

Post by WavemasterRyx on Sat Jan 26, 2013 9:45 pm

Retl wrote:That's too cute! Boo looks particularly squishy and I envy that.
O. Hinds wrote:Another good picture, WavemasterRyx.
Thank you very much, sirs.
Ketchup wrote:That's a nice piece, Wave. The rendition of Blackjack's armor reminds me of the Borg, and Boo looks like a squishy scorpion to me.
I'm okay with this. The picture is adorable.
Thank you, Ketchup. I was actually using this Enclave armor as the base, but yeah, I was thinking it had turned out a bit like Borg armor myself, how peculiar. I do try my best to make Boo look squishy, and I'm perfectly okay with her being a squishy scorpion.
Overlong Analysis Cobalt wrote:Very nice! I like the composition, it's like they're lying down together and we're seeing them from above, but they're the only things visible.
*hugs* Thank you, OAC.
Yeah, that's pretty much the approach I was going for. I wanted to make it like one of those Japanese body pillows (with Seapony Rampage on the other side), but when I tried to make the crinkles for the bedding it just didn't turn out at all, so I ditched them.
WavemasterRyx
Hydra

Brohoof! : 376

Back to top Go down

Post by OneMoreDaySK on Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:14 pm

@WavemasterRyx
Your art is wonderful as always. But for an authentic Blackjack Body Pillow, you'd need to put some steel plating. XD
OneMoreDaySK
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 56

Character List:
Name: Alouette
Sex: Female
Species: Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Caoimhe on Sun Jan 27, 2013 2:18 am

Anxiously awaiting Blackjack's final form where they fill her with sobakawa buckwheat seed armour
Caoimhe
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 264

Character List:
Name: Comma, Splice
Species: Sentence fragment

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentCarto on Sun Jan 27, 2013 2:51 am

WavemasterRyx wrote:And speaking of finally getting things done...
Spoiler:
http://boo-project-horizons.tumblr.com/post/41512688496
I don't really have anything to say other than "D'awwwwwww...!" But there you go.
SilentCarto
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 393

Back to top Go down

Post by Meleagridis on Mon Jan 28, 2013 1:28 am

swicked wrote:
Spoiler:

I don’t want Glory to have to break out a wrench set when we make love.”
Triage: Oh, no no no, I mean... why use a bolt when a simple thumbscrew will suffice?
Rover: Dog will fit Pony with universal adaptor. Give whole new meaning to “screw anything that moves”.
Blackjack: ...please stop, you two are seriously terrifying me.
Triage: Oh come on, Blackjack, you know we’re joking!
Rover: Ah, yes. Good joke. Dog will just set this box aside, then...

You know what’d be hilarious? If he, Sanguine and Glue (Glue was a ghoul, right?) had all been “college buddies”. Same frat or dorm or something; a nice little asshole society :P

Random side note, does anyone else kinda hope that phoenix-pony finds some way to come back? When we last saw her she’d blown up and reformed half-stuck in the drain, like Gemini. I imagine her doing so one last time after Blackjack leaves, one last mustering of strength, and not immediately reforming... just flowing down the drain it eventually leading to a broken pipe somewhere, her muddy, fractured remains managing to eventually drift near enough to each other to reform, ignite, reform, ignite, and eventually come back... almost entirely intact, though very weak.
She finds out about Chapel and, eventually, goes there... and meets Precious, who talks her into staying, much like Scotch had for her. I’d just like it if, one day, Blackjack came back to Chapel and that mare was just standing there.
Blackjack: Oh, uh... hi, phoenix... pony thing.
Phoenix-pony thing: My name is Posy.
Blackjack: Oh, right... how’s it going?
Posy: Could be better.
Blackjack: Are you going to kill me now?
Posy: ...
Precious: *glare*
Posy: Sigh... no.
P.S.
Blackjack: Is it just me, or do all my allies start out as enemies?
Scotch: I didn’t!
Blackjack: Yeah, but you’re basically the exception to everything.

In all honesty, I thought that mare was cool, even for a no-name villain. She seemed fairly level-headed, particularly when compared with gorgon, deus, brass or psychoshy, and appeared to just be in a bad situation, much like Precious was. Given how often ponies that have been saved die either immediately or within a few days, it’d be cool for a pony that died to just have somehow survived. I think Blackjack would really appreciate knowing that, somehow, one more pony she thought she’d had to kill had somehow lived... somewhat like her experience with Boing, but with the pony turning out to be okay instead of crippled for life.
I am 100% sure this would never happen in the fic... I mean, that mare is dead. Very, very dead.
It’s just a nice thought, to me.

I needed one of Glory’s cyberpony cakes… if only Rover hadn’t scarfed them all.
Rover: Dog resembles that remark!
Triage: ...do you mean you resent that remark?
Rover: *smacks his stuffed belly* Dog knows what Dog says! Dog have strong grasp of linguistics, unlike Pony!
Triage: Why am I still hanging out with you?

On Dogs and Ponies:
I already loved Triage and Rover, but this really convinces me that those two would have excellent conversations together. I hope they get some more lines.

On Pheonix Posy:
Knowing PH, she's probably dying forever in a drain somewhere. Ugh. Kind of wonder what if. Could have been interesting for Rampage, she could have. But this thought of one last hurrah is already forward a step.
Project Horizons:
“Didn’t think it could happen…fuck…” And then she stiffened before slumping over. She glowed one final time, exploding in a spray of dirty water, and when I next looked back there was nothing but the gurgle of ashy liquid flowing down into the shattered drain.
Even after shaping up around beds and drains and with half of her washed away she kept blowing up again and again. Then the whole mixture goes down the drain and who knows what happens. Again, knowing PH, nothing good. Can't be good for the mind to be reshaped again and again in a small metal tube until you're washed somewhere more spacious. That's a gruesome death every few centimeters for what could be miles.

On the Foulest Mouth this side of Everfree:
...I kind of want to see more Glue. I don't know why. I can only imagine that he must have had some interesting encounters in his job.

Kippershy wrote:
Spoiler:
Pony is pirate now.

The phrase "blanket of mares" pops up. I couldn't quite explain why, but this one makes it hit home that Blackjack is basically wearing armour she can't take off anymore, not even to respect a tender moment. It's a little easier to see why she was so hesitant about the upgrade.
Meleagridis
Ursa Major

Brohoof! : 134

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by swicked on Mon Jan 28, 2013 1:58 am

Meleagridis wrote:Knowing PH, she's probably dying forever in a drain somewhere. Ugh. Kind of wonder what if. Could have been interesting for Rampage, she could have. But this thought of one last hurrah is already forward a step.
Project Horizons:
“Didn’t think it could happen…fuck…” And then she stiffened before slumping over. She glowed one final time, exploding in a spray of dirty water, and when I next looked back there was nothing but the gurgle of ashy liquid flowing down into the shattered drain.
Even after shaping up around beds and drains and with half of her washed away she kept blowing up again and again. Then the whole mixture goes down the drain and who knows what happens. Again, knowing PH, nothing good. Can't be good for the mind to be reshaped again and again in a small metal tube until you're washed somewhere more spacious. That's a gruesome death every few centimeters for what could be miles.
...when did that change? Somber had established her blowing up as being a conscious act. What's more, I remembered her dying like gemini did. It's on my local copy of the story, too.
I would really, really, really love it if she was alive. It'd be such a small, pointless thing... and I'm not sure Blackjack would even really stop and think to appreciate it, but if she did, I'd love to see her trying to hug the pony she thought she'd had to kill and just be happy one less soul was on her conscience.

As much humor as I wish was in the story (and thus write these little extra scenes for myself) I also often wish for more ones of beauty. I'd love for her to see another concert by the crusaders, watching Octavia sing in the hooves of the kids as opposed to being used as a shield and club, and be able to imagine her happy as the many fillies and colts admired her. For her to sit back and look at Glory, really thinking about how much she means to her and how beautiful she is to her. Another moment between P-21 and Scotch where they are just so happy to have found each other, or of just P-21 being proud of her, like that short story I made of Sekashi having the chance to see her daughter tell a story, in following in her footsteps.
There are many touching moments that I'd more think of as being calms. Stuff like glory and boo sleeping cuddled with Blackjack. A chance to rest. There are touching moments where one or another character gets to tell Blackjack what she means to them and the like.
What I'm talking about is more like a moment of clarity where Blackjack suddenly, for a single moment, just stops and appreciates something for its own sake. Not simply life being good or happy, but life being infinitely worth it, because no amount of bad experiences could take away this single moment in time where everything, in one small part of this messed up world, was right.

Edit:
I realize we can't have her stopping and getting excited about how glorious something is every chapter or anything. This isn't Dr. Who, where the main character suddenly stops and starts loudly gushing (because we can't hear his thoughts) about how glorious something (often humanity) is every episode, but yeah...
Somber likely has these moments properly spaced as it is, and any more often would be distracting. I just appreciate them a lot.

swicked
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 960

Back to top Go down

Post by Meleagridis on Mon Jan 28, 2013 2:06 am

swicked wrote: Somber had established her blowing up as being a conscious act.
My mistake, then. I thought that she exploded if she was killed.

...A good set of words, too. This is an essential ingredient of what makes Project Horizons Project Horizons, said well.
Meleagridis
Ursa Major

Brohoof! : 134

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Overlong Analysis Cobalt on Mon Jan 28, 2013 2:10 am

swicked wrote:
As much humor as I wish was in the story (and thus write these little extra scenes for myself) I also often wish for more ones of beauty. I'd love for her to see another concert by the crusaders, watching Octavia sing in the hooves of the kids as opposed to being used as a shield and club, and be able to imagine her happy as the many fillies and colts admired her. For her to sit back and look at Glory, really thinking about how much she means to her and how beautiful she is to her. Another moment between P-21 and Scotch where they are just so happy to have found each other, or of just P-21 being proud of her, like that short story I made of Sekashi having the chance to see her daughter tell a story, in following in her footsteps.
There are many touching moments that I'd more think of as being calms. Stuff like glory and boo sleeping cuddled with Blackjack. A chance to rest. There are touching moments where one or another character gets to tell Blackjack what she means to them and the like.
What I'm talking about is more like a moment of clarity where Blackjack suddenly, for a single moment, just stops and appreciates something for its own sake. Not simply life being good or happy, but life being infinitely worth it, because no amount of bad experiences could take away this single moment in time where everything, in one small part of this messed up world, was right.

Edit:
I realize we can't have her stopping and getting excited about how glorious something is every chapter or anything. This isn't Dr. Who, where the main character suddenly stops and starts loudly gushing (because we can't hear his thoughts) about how glorious something (often humanity) is every episode, but yeah...
Somber likely has these moments properly spaced as it is, and any more often would be distracting. I just appreciate them a lot.
Absolutely this. Very aptly put, and very synonymous with my own thoughts.
Overlong Analysis Cobalt
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 230

Back to top Go down

Post by swicked on Mon Jan 28, 2013 2:13 am

Meleagridis wrote:

...A good set of words, too. This is an essential ingredient of what makes Project Horizons Project Horizons, said well.
Nah, I'm fairly certain she blew up many times in many scenes, and she wasn't doing so by stabbing herself or anything, she'd just blow up.
In that last fight Blackjack was mostly "fighting" her by spraying her with a hose. She was blowing up to get her to stop, as all the water was making her start to drown, I think... in any case, she clearly hadn't drowned yet, and was blowing up to STOP from dying.
Anyway, in doing so, Blackjack eventually pushed her toward a grate that she reformed half-inside of. She blew up one or two more times after that, but still remained partly inside, growing rapidly weaker. She then passed out that way, and Blackjack remarked that she looked like Gemini.

swicked
Royal Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by nebulous on Mon Jan 28, 2013 3:27 am

Concerning which episode is the last that Fallout: Equestria canon needs to adhere to, the last episode the original story referenced was May the Best Pet Win, with the Enclave tank named Tortoise.
nebulous
Colt/Filly

Brohoof! : 9

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentCarto on Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:49 am

Guys, I know this isn't really the place for it, but I can't get Cloudsdale to help out here. I heard about that big storm you're having in the northeast, and it looks like the weather shipping department screwed up and sent our Winter to you because we just got this big crate of Spring. We had to crack it open just so we could have any weather at all, but there's still plenty left, so if you could box up a month's worth of that Winter and send it down here, we'd be really grateful.

swicked wrote:As much humor as I wish was in the story (and thus write these little extra scenes for myself) I also often wish for more ones of beauty. I'd love for her to see another concert by the crusaders, watching Octavia sing in the hooves of the kids as opposed to being used as a shield and club, and be able to imagine her happy as the many fillies and colts admired her.
SilentCarto
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by swicked on Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:01 am

Eh, nevermind.

Last edited by swicked on Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:57 pm; edited 1 time in total

swicked
Royal Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Valikdu on Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:33 am

Meleagridis wrote:

Didn't she also explode after being shot in the head? I thought that was several times, even.
Valikdu
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 192

Character List:
Name: Ion Storm
Species: First One

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. on Mon Jan 28, 2013 1:19 pm

Can you do that ? Can you explode twice ?!
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 543

Back to top Go down

Post by Stringtheory on Mon Jan 28, 2013 1:52 pm

Harmony Ltd. wrote:Can you do that ? Can you explode twice ?!
actually, yes you can
Stringtheory
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 97

Back to top Go down

Post by jacky2734 on Mon Jan 28, 2013 6:25 pm

FINALLY got around to reading the latest chapter. I don't think I have anything to say about it that hasn't already been said. Did spot one possible mistake though.

“Dog has answer. If Pony insists on doing things that ruins Dog’s hard work, Dog will make simply make her tougher.” He looked at Triage and grinned. “What pony think? Securipony?”

I do believe that there is one too many "make"s in that statement, even if you take his speech style into account, it still doesn't sound right.
jacky2734
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 36

Character List:
Name: Kage/Searing Willow
Sex: male/male
Species: Gryphon/Deer

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentCarto on Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:03 pm

Did you guys see the game trailer with Dawn in it?
Spoiler:
I joke, and yet... I don't.
SilentCarto
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Stringtheory on Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:33 pm

SilentCarto wrote:Did you guys see the game trailer with Dawn in it?
Spoiler:
okay, that game looks AWESOME! and, yeah, that's Dawn if she was human, and probably 20 years younger
Stringtheory
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by swicked on Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:07 pm

Yeah, downloaded the full song to my phone. Very nice.

swicked
Royal Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentCarto on Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:30 pm

stringtheory wrote:
SilentCarto wrote:Did you guys see the game trailer with Dawn in it?
Spoiler:
okay, that game looks AWESOME! and, yeah, that's Dawn if she was human, and probably 20 years younger
Hey, she might be sixty for all you know. I mean, if you're going to get your skin replaced with armor plates, you might as well get the ones that look young and healthy, right?...
SilentCarto
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Stringtheory on Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:43 pm

wow, the game apparently might have memory orbs, or at least a similar concept:
Stringtheory
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds on Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:05 pm

jacky2734 wrote:FINALLY got around to reading the latest chapter. I don't think I have anything to say about it that hasn't already been said. Did spot one possible mistake though.

“Dog has answer. If Pony insists on doing things that ruins Dog’s hard work, Dog will make simply make her tougher.” He looked at Triage and grinned. “What pony think? Securipony?”

I do believe that there is one too many "make"s in that statement, even if you take his speech style into account, it still doesn't sound right.
Ah, thank you.
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Brohoof! : 382

Character List:
Name: Ris Haends Aeronauticus
Sex: Male
Species: Zebra

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentCarto on Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:03 am

stringtheory wrote:wow, the game apparently might have memory orbs, or at least a similar concept:
Huh, wow. Well, you know what they say about technology and magic. In Shadowrun, they called those BTLs -- Better Than Life.
SilentCarto
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by swicked on Tue Jan 29, 2013 1:49 am

Quick question:
For Blackjack's other cyberpony upgrades, didn't they usually come along with a note saying what zebra alchemical augmentation she'd been locked out of for taking the upgrade? I remember that happening at least twice.

Is there no parallel to this latest upgrade?

swicked
Royal Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Ketchup on Tue Jan 29, 2013 2:10 am

swicked wrote:Quick question:
For Blackjack's other cyberpony upgrades, didn't they usually come along with a note saying what zebra alchemical augmentation she'd been locked out of for taking the upgrade? I remember that happening at least twice.

Is there no parallel to this latest upgrade?
Well, she doesn't have fingers, at least not yet. So... maybe?

I had a similar thought as I was re-reading chapter 3 about her eye mutations. I figured that the bonuses were changed when she lost 1 eye and the installation of cyber-eyes.
Ketchup
The Condiment

Brohoof! : 114

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Randombuttons on Tue Jan 29, 2013 3:05 pm

Uh-oh, I've been neglecting my FoE & forum needs for a while. Needless to say, I've got to catch up!
I just wanted to note in regards to the Discord FiM episode that I hope Somber gives up on trying to implement new (in this case S3) canon into PH. It's much better and simpler that way.

Randombuttons
Colt/Filly

Brohoof! : 0

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Mister Nikel on Tue Jan 29, 2013 3:59 pm

http://www.equestriadaily.com/2013/01/ia-ia-twilight-fhtagn.html

And so FoE canon was annihilated. Remember this day lads. Alright and now back to /mlp/ watching the shitstorm of the century.
Mister Nikel
Colt/Filly

Brohoof! : 9

Back to top Go down

Post by Karasu on Tue Jan 29, 2013 4:22 pm

not necessarily, or at least not any more than it was when Cadence was revealed, or when the views of Celestia and Luna in PH appeared.
Spoiler:
Also if you really want to stretch it, lets assume (and we have to since the episode doesn't exist yet) that it takes either one or both of the current alicorn princesses to make a new one. maybe they felt too insecure about mass producing alicorns with their own powers to win the war. And if you meant that the FoE canon is ruined because twilight was an alicorn in actual MLP canon, we can just handwave (like always) and say "eh, alternate universe"

Karasu
Colt/Filly

Brohoof! : 2

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentCarto on Tue Jan 29, 2013 8:05 pm

Mister Nikel wrote:And so FoE canon was annihilated. Remember this day lads. Alright and now back to /mlp/ watching the shitstorm of the century.
Spoiler:
You're kind of assuming they don't undo it by the end of the episode, aren't you? It's called "The Magical Mystery Cure"...

Last edited by SilentCarto on Tue Jan 29, 2013 8:17 pm; edited 2 times in total
SilentCarto
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 34 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 18 ... 34  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top