Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

League of Legends

+10
Tytan
MrMagma
Admiral Stoic Rum
Moodyman90
TalixZero
Ironmonger
Aonee
RoboRed
Harold_Genhi
CamoBadger
14 posters

Page 2 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

League of Legends - Page 2 Empty Re: League of Legends

Post by Aonee Tue May 21, 2013 4:25 pm

Okay, I guess I don't really see the thing you wanted everyone to see then.
Aonee
Aonee
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 98

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by CamoBadger Tue May 21, 2013 4:26 pm

I got more kills as Nami support than anything else I played. Felt so wrong.
CamoBadger
CamoBadger
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 588

Back to top Go down

Post by Harold_Genhi Tue May 21, 2013 5:33 pm

Yeah, my new loved Champion and my favorite one to play is Vi. It has been for quite some time, but I forgot this thread existed.

Awesome Vi:
Harold_Genhi
Harold_Genhi
Earth Pony

Brohoof! : 1

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Tue May 21, 2013 6:27 pm

I do like Vi, but I've still yet to get really good using her.

I'm still happy doing good with good ol' Blitzcrank.
League of Legends - Page 2 21_52_02_153_263571__UNOPT__safe_rarity_league_of_legends_artist_coffeycup.png
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 717

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harold_Genhi Wed May 22, 2013 2:41 am

I do laugh the most when I am Blitzcrank. He is such a goofy robot and the rage that ensues especially in ARAM is priceless.
Harold_Genhi
Harold_Genhi
Earth Pony

Brohoof! : 1

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Aonee Wed May 22, 2013 7:14 am

It seems that there is no in-between with a Blitzcrank. They're either awesome and you face roll them or they're a whiff master and you loose the lane something fierce.
Aonee
Aonee
Draconequus

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 22, 2013 12:37 pm

Aonee wrote:It seems that there is no in-between with a Blitzcrank. They're either awesome and you face roll them or they're a whiff master and you loose the lane something fierce.
My favorite game in bot lane vs. a Blitzcrank was when my friend was going Ali. Blitz could not resist pulling him over and over again, consistently providing free initiation for us and letting us stomp all over them. This continued during teamfights. :D

Back to top Go down

Post by Aonee Wed May 22, 2013 1:58 pm

My favorite moment so far was pre-minion spawn. Carry told Blitz to not face check the bush, but then Blitz was all like "this is how Blitz face-checks!" and throws his fist. He grabs the enemy Nunu and they get first blood before 1:30.
Aonee
Aonee
Draconequus

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 24, 2013 4:40 am

SaintVicious in game one... :( He made a beautiful play that got them back in the game, and then threw ridiculously hard with a single, atrocious choice of where to blue pill.

Back to top Go down

Post by Aonee Fri May 24, 2013 7:16 am

Interesting. I just can't wait for the 1v1s on Magma Chamber.
Aonee
Aonee
Draconequus

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 24, 2013 9:41 am

The Xpecial/Doublelift combo in the 2v2s was like clockwork, I know that. Beautifully played, without even using a cheesy combo (ie not a support and an ADC).

Back to top Go down

Post by Aonee Sat Aug 17, 2013 5:28 pm

Alright, we're necro'ing this thread. To start it off, this is what I've been thinking lately: BotRK+Liandry's on Kog'Maw. Because fuck Warmog.
Aonee
Aonee
Draconequus

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Sat Aug 17, 2013 10:16 pm

League of Legends - Page 2 Blitzcrank_grab_that_b_____by_matitaispirati-d41d0dq

Ironmonger
Daemon Prince of Bad Puns

Brohoof! : 290

Character List:
Name: Cast Iron
Sex: Male
Species: Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Aonee Sat Aug 17, 2013 10:18 pm

To update on my Kog'Maw build, Liandry's doesn't proc on Kog'Maw's W. Thus the build is kind of ruined...
Aonee
Aonee
Draconequus

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 17, 2013 10:25 pm

I watched one of your Kog'maw games earlier today Aonee, while eating lunch. Was a long game, very entertaining.

Anyway, I'm not 100% sold on the liandry/bork; just not sure how well they'd synergize. Seems like it'd be better to go on-hit or full AP + liandry's to take down HP stacked targets. /shrug I dunno, though, never been a big Kog player. (Also, yeah, not proccing on W is problematic if you're getting in close; I think it'd be great on his R, though, since that's when you want to use Liandry's anyway - to poke when the enemy team has most of their health before an engage)

Good news, though! Through pure luck, I am no longer a bronzey. I stopped playing for two weeks, came back today, sucked for the first half of every game (and sometimes the second half), and advanced into silver. Truly, the great spirit of carrying has smiled on me this day.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Sat Aug 17, 2013 11:15 pm

I trained with DSK against bots for a little bit, he gave me pointers every now and then. Occasionally I'd do something stupid like walking in range of a tower as if I were brain dead. The last game we played ended with me losing sight of my Blitzcrank in a mass of health bars, dying just before the end.

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 17, 2013 11:26 pm

Ironmonger wrote:I trained with DSK against bots for a little bit, he gave me pointers every now and then. Occasionally I'd do something stupid like walking in range of a tower as if I were brain dead. The last game we played ended with me losing sight of my Blitzcrank in a mass of health bars, dying just before the end.
IIRC, there's an old config file you can use that turns your healthbar a different color from that of your teammates, but I dunno if it's still supported.

Back to top Go down

Post by Aonee Sat Aug 17, 2013 11:53 pm

Oh, you watched that 50+minute game where I finished my build and then some. I'm starting to love Kog'Maw, I can work with him and deal TONS OF DAMAGE, though I won't be trying that hybrid build again. Also, on the subject of health bars: http://www.reddit.com/r/leagueoflegends/comments/1h15ud/change_your_own_healthbar_color_to_better_locate/
I'll test it and report back to you.
Tested, it works. Also, if you don't want to go through the .ini file, scroll down the reddit post into the comments and there's a program that will do it for you.
Aonee
Aonee
Draconequus

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Mon Aug 19, 2013 5:30 am

I'm tinkering with an Attack Damage build for Miss Fortune, which goes as follows: Berserker's Greaves - Aclarity, Runaan's Hurricane, Zephyr, The Bloodthirster, Hextech Gunblade, and Trinity Force. So far it works wonderfully, but it leaves Miss Fortune as a very squishy target late game. That said, it's best to run when things go even slightly downhill, because she won't take much heat.

On a side note, I am for some reason unable to act on the knowledge that Miss Fortune is not a fighter, resulting in me repeatedly sending her into situations that inevitably get her killed.

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 19, 2013 11:50 am

@Iron
That's positioning for ya - by far the most important part of learning an ADC is learning how to position perfectly, and reposition perfectly, because one mistake is punishable by death if the enemy team is paying attention. BTW, you might try swapping out the gunblade for a last whisper - even if the enemy team isn't building armor, the armor they get every level will make LW a pretty good pickup by lategame, and MF's fantastic AD ratios also make it a good choice for her. If you like the active of gunblade, consider BotRK instead - it's generally a better AD item - and perhaps swap out zephyr/triforce with LW, and then lategame you can sell your shoes for Zephyr or something (it's sometimes a good strategy). Lastly, generally even squishies incorporate one defensive item into their builds, so remember to be flexible with some of those pickups, 'cos nobody likes being ulted by Zed without a mercurial scimitar to drop the death mark.

Back to top Go down

Post by Aonee Mon Aug 19, 2013 1:12 pm

Also Iron, I would swap the Runaan's for an Infinity Edge. While the attack speed and passive on Runaan's seems good, in reality you generally can only use the passive for wave-clearing and you can get the AS from other items. The IE gives you a lot of AD and ups the damage of your critical strikes.
Aonee
Aonee
Draconequus

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 19, 2013 2:08 pm

Runaan theorycrafting time!

Honestly, there aren't many champs who can really use it effectively. Runaan's was designed as an marksman/ADC item, but its passive - the thing you buy it for - doesn't scale with the most important aspect of being an ADC - critical strikes. I didn't mention IE in Iron's build, though, because he seemed to be going for an AD-AoE build (oh, btw, Runaan's works well with BotRK because of the on-hit, too) rather than some subset of the standard ADC build. It's almost certainly not going to be more effective than a normal ADC build (then again, blue Ezreal...) but, for fun and to fill an interesting niche, it can do work.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Mon Aug 19, 2013 2:38 pm

Thanks for the advice, turns out that I had incorporated some of it just after I posted. Won the next game I played a little easier, but I still ran into the issue of "Hey dumbass she's not a fighter." Crazy 

New build: Last Whisper, Youmuu's Ghostblade, Zephyr, Blade of the Ruined King, Maw of Malmortius, and Infinity Edge.

EDIT: Armor-ignore and damage seems to be the way to go, with a little attack speed thrown in.

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Aonee Mon Aug 19, 2013 5:46 pm

Yup, AD/Crits and Armor Pen are definitely the two most important things for an AD carry.
Aonee
Aonee
Draconequus

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Mon Aug 19, 2013 6:05 pm

I just tested the build, and it works wonderfully. I was almost able to solo Nidalee when she ambushed me, she won just by a small margin. It wasn't like I could run anyway. I never actually got all of the items, though.

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 19, 2013 6:23 pm

Iron, have you ever considered playing a more escape/repositioning-based ADC? Miss Fortune, historically, is brought for her domineering lane presence and then relegated to mostly just an ult-bot during teamfights (though she is still an ADC, capable of extreme damage). She's certainly not what you'd think of as a duelist, and if you're looking for one, you might consider picking up someone like Vayne, who can duel most folks if played well. Another option is Ezreal - he's a lot more forgiving, due to his strong escape, high range poke, and inordinate kiting power (which is really just the combination of the previous two things). I've found both of them support a much more aggressive playstyle - Vayne because she's rewarded for it, Ezreal because he's forgiven for it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Mon Aug 19, 2013 6:33 pm

I'm already working towards those champions, actually. I also have my eye on Twitch, but I don't really know about him.

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 20, 2013 2:34 am

Twitch is one of the ADCs I don't know much about. I know he's got a pretty strong laning phase, and that he's technically a hypercarry, albeit one who needs the enemy to be lined up/clustered to fulfill the role. He's used a good deal in LCS (the pro scene). He's very positioning reliant, due to that ult of his, but it's easier to get in amazing positioning because of his stealth. Escaping is more difficult, since his stealth takes time to go into effect, can be broken by a pink or an oracles (or a Lee Sin/other stealth-revealer), and can be delayed if he takes damage. Never played him, though. He's another strong AoE comp guy - if your teammates can lock down the enemy, you can absolutely shred them, and you get free hits on their back line from spray and pray if the enemy positioning allows it, which is really nice.

I really enjoy playing both Vayne and Ezreal, as is probably obvious. =P Been on a bit of a Tristana binge lately, too.

Back to top Go down

Post by Aonee Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:35 am

If you like Tristana, Cobolt, I would suggest trying out Kog'Maw as well. He beats out Trist for max range and has wonderful poke, while not having the horrible midgame.
Aonee
Aonee
Draconequus

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 20, 2013 5:30 pm

I played Kog'maw a while back, but I've found that lately his sheer lack of ability to get away from enemies really makes him hard. There used to be the "protect the Kog'maw" comps, but they've really fallen out of favor these days, probably because of mobility creep and stuff. And because ADCs are less the linchpin of a team, now, too.

I like Trist for the reset hops and the reasonably good early game - her mids not terrible if you don't fall behind.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum